Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3454808 times)

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #62480 on: September 20, 2021, 11:48:56 am »
Mrs is back to traveling into London on trains for work soon. Understandably anxious about it.

From my limited observations mate you would think things are back to normal here in London. Very much reduced mask wearing, no social distancing etc. It just seems like the population have gone back to their old pre-pandemic ways which is very concerning. 

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #62481 on: September 20, 2021, 12:11:37 pm »
London commuter travel is very much predominantly mask wearers from my experience. Its hard to social distance on the tube but going to and from work its far from being back to normal.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62482 on: September 20, 2021, 12:44:19 pm »
London commuter travel is very much predominantly mask wearers from my experience. Its hard to social distance on the tube but going to and from work its far from being back to normal.
From my experience, mask wearing is practically non existent on the trains into London, but once you get there and switch to tube/bus everyone is wearing them.

I actually think TFL have different rules to the rest of the country which might explain it.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #62483 on: September 20, 2021, 01:40:12 pm »
Just seen on CNN, Pfizer trials ongoing for 5-11 year olds, 2600 kids has gone well so far.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62484 on: September 20, 2021, 01:42:57 pm »
Just seen on CNN, Pfizer trials ongoing for 5-11 year olds, 2600 kids has gone well so far.

The vaccination rates in those age groups are going to be small.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62485 on: September 20, 2021, 01:49:44 pm »
From my limited observations mate you would think things are back to normal here in London. Very much reduced mask wearing, no social distancing etc. It just seems like the population have gone back to their old pre-pandemic ways which is very concerning. 
Which is what worries her. Me having asthma isn't helping her mind set either.

Find use of masks into central - not very consistent. On tubes from what I've seen is worse. I get why she feels this way.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62486 on: September 20, 2021, 03:06:52 pm »
Which is what worries her. Me having asthma isn't helping her mind set either.

Find use of masks into central - not very consistent. On tubes from what I've seen is worse. I get why she feels this way.
Get her an N99 standard mask for travel and she should be fine regardless of what other idiots do.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #62487 on: September 20, 2021, 03:41:12 pm »
From my experience, mask wearing is practically non existent on the trains into London, but once you get there and switch to tube/bus everyone is wearing them.

I actually think TFL have different rules to the rest of the country which might explain it.

All TfL services require masks to be worn but enforcement is pretty much non-existent so it’s very much on the individual.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62488 on: September 20, 2021, 03:42:21 pm »
The US to allow flights into the country from November.
Thinking is overrated.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #62489 on: September 20, 2021, 03:45:29 pm »
I've just come back home, but basically I was on two different trains and they both were just asking people to wear masks. Needless to say, plenty did not but some people still are wearing them. I think it should be compulsory on trains with the seating so near. I don't want to sit next to someone not wearing a mask especially as we are approaching autumn now.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62490 on: September 20, 2021, 03:49:32 pm »
The US to allow flights into the country from November.

Wonder if they'll allow my 'Indian made' AstraZeneca though

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62491 on: September 20, 2021, 03:56:03 pm »

I wonder the same about my UK made AstraZenca vaccination as they haven’t approved it in the US yet.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62492 on: September 20, 2021, 04:17:58 pm »
So, I had a chat with my lad, he's done some research and said "give me the jab". Good lad :thumbup
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62493 on: September 20, 2021, 04:45:14 pm »

Looks like the UK themselves aren't accepting it:

https://twitter.com/AlexInAir/status/1438991435697639427

UK government confirm tonight that if a person has been vaccinated in Africa, or South America, or countries including UAE, India, Turkey, Jordan, Thailand, Russia…

…you are considered “unvaccinated” and must follow “unvaccinated” rules No entry = 10 day home quarantine & tests

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62494 on: September 20, 2021, 05:00:01 pm »
I've just come back home, but basically I was on two different trains and they both were just asking people to wear masks. Needless to say, plenty did not but some people still are wearing them. I think it should be compulsory on trains with the seating so near. I don't want to sit next to someone not wearing a mask especially as we are approaching autumn now.

I understand but not sure how you enforce this. Ultimately these companies want money now - they'll want to fill all their seats now that they can and with masks not being law how can you actually enforce people wearing them?

I suspect Boris might make them law soon though but if not its very hard to say to someone put your mask on and potentially get a load of shit back.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62495 on: September 20, 2021, 05:45:17 pm »
So, I had a chat with my lad, he's done some research and said "give me the jab". Good lad :thumbup

You running your own vaccination centre or something? :D

That’s excellent news, will be interesting to see how it goes with under 18’s in terms of % who get vaccinated.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #62496 on: September 20, 2021, 05:45:23 pm »
Covishield I assume?

My wife had one dose of that too and looking at each countries requirements for entry, quite a few in the EU still aren’t recognising it either.

Not surprisingly though this Government don’t seem bothered in addressing it and it appears to have been swept under the carpet how millions of Brits have been unwittingly jabbed with it and still don’t have the freedom to travel, which the jab should give them.
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62497 on: September 20, 2021, 05:53:30 pm »
Covishield I assume?

My wife had one dose of that too and looking at each countries requirements for entry, quite a few in the EU still aren’t recognising it either.

Not surprisingly though this Government don’t seem bothered in addressing it and it appears to have been swept under the carpet how millions of Brits have been unwittingly jabbed with it and still don’t have the freedom to travel, which the jab should give them.

I saw on the news that the US are accepting AZ which is the first step as it’s not actually been approved there for use. But with the number of Indians in the US and the strong links between the two countries I’d be surprised if it’s not accepted soon
Thinking is overrated.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62498 on: September 20, 2021, 05:53:42 pm »
My girlfriend had a few of those symptoms last week. Started on Wednesday night. LF test was negative. She wanted to sleep the whole of Thursday and done another LF test on Thursday evening which was also negative.
She called the out of hours doctor who told her to get a PCR test. Done that on Friday morning and came back positive.

Following on from this from another thread

I stayed overnight with my girlfriend on Thursday.
I was with her Thursday evening.
I took her to get her test on Friday.

I haven't been contacted by track and trace nor has my app pinged to tell me I've been in close contact with a positive case.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #62499 on: September 20, 2021, 06:04:28 pm »
Following on from this from another thread

I stayed overnight with my girlfriend on Thursday.
I was with her Thursday evening.
I took her to get her test on Friday.

I haven't been contacted by track and trace nor has my app pinged to tell me I've been in close contact with a positive case.
Craig David’s days of Covid.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62500 on: September 20, 2021, 06:05:46 pm »
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #62501 on: September 20, 2021, 06:20:37 pm »
I understand but not sure how you enforce this. Ultimately these companies want money now - they'll want to fill all their seats now that they can and with masks not being law how can you actually enforce people wearing them?

I suspect Boris might make them law soon though but if not its very hard to say to someone put your mask on and potentially get a load of shit back.

I get that, not blaming the train companies but I just dread to think what this is going to lead to later on.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62502 on: September 20, 2021, 07:40:05 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/sep/20/grimsby-doctor-who-nearly-killed-partner-during-exorcism-rituals-jailed?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

When you read stuff like this, it becomes apparent why there are outliers among doctors when it comes to opinions on vaccinations. You can be a medic and an absolute weapon.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #62503 on: September 20, 2021, 07:44:41 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/sep/20/grimsby-doctor-who-nearly-killed-partner-during-exorcism-rituals-jailed?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

When you read stuff like this, it becomes apparent why there are outliers among doctors when it comes to opinions on vaccinations. You can be a medic and an absolute weapon.

Well you've got the struck off nurse, Sharimani, leading anti vax rallies so medics don't hold a monopoly on awareness.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62504 on: September 20, 2021, 09:54:49 pm »
Covishield I assume?

Well, no, my vaccine record says it was "Astrazeneca" but with one of the 3x batch numbers that was made in India, rather than the UK.

From further info tonight it looks like I'll be OK! Seems they're going to accept all vaccines authorised by the WHO including AZ (regardless of where it was manufactured)

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #62505 on: September 20, 2021, 11:17:40 pm »
Well, no, my vaccine record says it was "Astrazeneca" but with one of the 3x batch numbers that was made in India, rather than the UK.

From further info tonight it looks like I'll be OK! Seems they're going to accept all vaccines authorised by the WHO including AZ (regardless of where it was manufactured)
Think my wife’s NHS Covid pass classes her vaccine as AstraZeneca / Vaxzevria like it does for all AstraZeneca vaccines regardless of where it was manufactured. Only issue is the batch number being one of the three which were produced in India.

We were hoping to go to Italy as we’re still in credit for a hotel there due to our holiday being cancelled there at the start of the pandemic but reading up on it Italy still won’t allow entry to those who have received the Indian made batch.
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62506 on: September 21, 2021, 05:07:58 pm »
31564 new cases and 203 deaths reported today.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62507 on: September 21, 2021, 05:10:33 pm »
Just nothing positive around at the moment in regards this.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62508 on: September 21, 2021, 07:13:20 pm »

Are most of those unvaccinated?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62509 on: September 21, 2021, 10:08:04 pm »

I’d guess so but don’t know. 

Meanwhile a group of Covid bereaved families campaigning for justice for loved ones were barred from attending the Tory conference.  However Tories have done a u-turn on that.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1440412100061323265

Online djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62510 on: September 21, 2021, 10:40:54 pm »
At the moment yea, most likely. Just because over half of the cases are in the under 20’s - with the majority of those in the 10-19 group.

Online RF

• Are we there yet?... is it open?... where are we?... what's that?...it's a lazy twat! Is my card marked?.. Yes it is?
  • Kopite
« Reply #62511 on: September 21, 2021, 11:16:10 pm »
I posted on here a couple of months ago about having diarrhea and stomach cramps on and off for 4 to 5 weeks and having the sweats for 4 days. Was wondering if it was covid even after doing 2 negative lateral flow tests. A few mentioned they had similar in the past and a few of my workmates had the same symptoms (although not quite as bad) at the same time as me so just posting an update.

After going to see my GP did stool samples to test for allsorts. You fear the worst because they test for the lot. Anyway all came back fine.Gradually the symptoms got less and been right as rain for weeks now.  After getting the results I asked the GP if they test these samples for covid. The answer was no and they put it down to a viral infection, so I am still non the wiser.

Offline cmccarthy81

• Anny Roader
  • c'mon no.19
« Reply #62512 on: September 22, 2021, 12:13:22 am »
After a friend’s wedding last weekend, myself/partner and 2-3 others caught covid (we think it may have originated from the stag the week prior).

All parties double jabbed (with a variety of manufacturers) - personally, I felt flu like symptoms, but more cloudy in the head and dizzy/feint in spells. After a few negative laterals and the assumption of it being stress of the stag, speech, wedding, my taste went on the Sunday and it was obvious. PCR to confirm and isolation.

On the plus side, it was partners who tested positive. So it seems the “osmosis” spread was non existent as unawares there was a fair amount of close contact at the wedding (groom), and pretty much all guests have tested negative since.

Offline John Higgins

• Anny Roader
« Reply #62513 on: September 22, 2021, 07:51:13 am »
I posted on here a couple of months ago about having diarrhea and stomach cramps on and off for 4 to 5 weeks and having the sweats for 4 days. Was wondering if it was covid even after doing 2 negative lateral flow tests. A few mentioned they had similar in the past and a few of my workmates had the same symptoms (although not quite as bad) at the same time as me so just posting an update.

After going to see my GP did stool samples to test for allsorts. You fear the worst because they test for the lot. Anyway all came back fine.Gradually the symptoms got less and been right as rain for weeks now.  After getting the results I asked the GP if they test these samples for covid. The answer was no and they put it down to a viral infection, so I am still non the wiser.
Get an antibody test.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62514 on: September 22, 2021, 08:25:33 am »

It may have been a different infection, but the symptoms are similar to Covid:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. Anyone can have mild to severe symptoms. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:

Fever or chills
    Cough
    Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
    Fatigue
    Muscle or body aches
    Headache
    New loss of taste or smell
    Sore throat
    Congestion or runny nose
    Nausea or vomiting
    Diarrhea

The listed symptoms on the NHS website are way too narrow.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62515 on: September 22, 2021, 10:00:27 am »
Two children in my 5-year old's class had positive tests yesterday.  This came off the back of one positive test the previous day and his mum letting other parents know via a WhatsApp group.

The school have belatedly put up a message to say they're working to identify close contacts but that they won't need to isolate anyway (which is government guidance).  I can probably help them with the close contacts... the other 27 children in the class  ;D

My wife does a test before work every day as she works with clinically vulnerable people so we used some of those tests on our two.  Both came back negative but it does seem like a matter of time.  As they both were previously infected in November - pre-Delta - I guess we'll find out how much lasting immunity they have.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #62516 on: September 22, 2021, 10:47:21 am »
It’s a bit bonkers that schools are no longer involved in tracing close contacts in schools….

Great not to have the workload, but it seems much less efficient
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #62517 on: September 22, 2021, 10:52:57 am »
At least 100,000 children off school at the moment due to CoVid or presumably isolation, although not entirely sure what the rules are around that at the moment!
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62518 on: September 22, 2021, 11:46:16 am »
At least 100,000 children off school at the moment due to CoVid or presumably isolation, although not entirely sure what the rules are around that at the moment!
103k off with confirmed or suspected infection, 16k off due to close contact isolation and 2k off due to outbreak containment restrictions.

Highlights the likely problem - the gap between 103k and 18k is probably too large.

That 103k infection number is higher than July when we had over a million out of of school in a week, but then it was 82k off with confirmed infection and 930k off due isolation of close contacts - clearly unsustainable back then so something had to change, but we’ve changed from an 11:1 ratio of isolation:infections in July to a 1:5 ratio now which seems too far a change in direction.

Online RF

• Are we there yet?... is it open?... where are we?... what's that?...it's a lazy twat! Is my card marked?.. Yes it is?
  • Kopite
« Reply #62519 on: September 22, 2021, 12:03:30 pm »
Get an antibody test.

Unfortunately I'm not entitled to a free one yet even though I have worked right through this and not from home.