Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3454421 times)

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #62240 on: September 13, 2021, 02:21:42 pm »
I can certainly see WFH orders taking place for the winter months, makes perfect sense too.  Not pleasant at the best of times sitting next to a snotty nosed individual coughing and sneezing let alone with the pandemic still running rife throughout the country!

bizarre when you look back that we just accepted that a virus would work its way through your team instead of you know... telling a sick person to stay home  :o
YNWA.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #62241 on: September 13, 2021, 02:28:58 pm »
From Sky News.  Professors Chris Whitty and Jonathan Van-Tam will hold a news conference at 4pm

Children aged 12 to 15 will be offered a COVID vaccine, the UK's chief medical officers (CMOs) have decided.

England's Professor Chris Whitty said they came to their decision after considering "what effect this will have on transmission in schools and effects on education".

"It's a useful tool to reduce the disruption," he added.

They will be offered a single dose of the Pfizer vaccine and the rollout should begin "as soon as possible", England's deputy CMO Jonathan Van-Tam said.

In its advisory report, the JCVI said the "individual" health benefits from vaccination for children aged 12 to 15 was small.

The risk of potentially serious side effects - including myocarditis - is "very rare, but potentially serious".

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #62242 on: September 13, 2021, 02:31:32 pm »
bizarre when you look back that we just accepted that a virus would work its way through your team instead of you know... telling a sick person to stay home  :o
yep, our place have told those in the office that they are not to come in if they have a cold or anything, whereas before you pretty much were expected to come in unless you were pretty much on your last legs!!
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62243 on: September 13, 2021, 03:51:38 pm »
From Sky News.  Professors Chris Whitty and Jonathan Van-Tam will hold a news conference at 4pm

Children aged 12 to 15 will be offered a COVID vaccine, the UK's chief medical officers (CMOs) have decided.

England's Professor Chris Whitty said they came to their decision after considering "what effect this will have on transmission in schools and effects on education".

"It's a useful tool to reduce the disruption," he added.

They will be offered a single dose of the Pfizer vaccine and the rollout should begin "as soon as possible", England's deputy CMO Jonathan Van-Tam said.

In its advisory report, the JCVI said the "individual" health benefits from vaccination for children aged 12 to 15 was small.

The risk of potentially serious side effects - including myocarditis - is "very rare, but potentially serious".

good, but they've wasted several weeks which could've prevented any disruption during the winter months for these school kids.
YNWA.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #62244 on: September 13, 2021, 05:04:09 pm »
Confirmed that they are offering a single dose

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58547659

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #62245 on: September 13, 2021, 05:09:40 pm »
good, but they've wasted several weeks which could've prevented any disruption during the winter months for these school kids.

I don't think they've wasted several weeks at all, not when they've said benefits to risks in 12-15 old's is marginal and therefore you have to be sure that this is the right thing to do.  They specifically said that vaccinating the kids isn't going to stop the disruption that we've seen in schools.  Schools are still going to need several other measures in place over the winter months to minimise disruption, vaccinating 12-15 year old's will help reduce disruption, but it won't stop it.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 05:11:14 pm by jonnypb »

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #62246 on: September 13, 2021, 06:38:24 pm »
It's also a sensible, evidenced based decision that would have taken time to make due to the myocarditis issues occurring after the second vaccine, only having one hopefully avoids this

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #62247 on: September 13, 2021, 07:13:39 pm »
It's also a sensible, evidenced based decision that would have taken time to make due to the myocarditis issues occurring after the second vaccine, only having one hopefully avoids this

Very true, they’ve said that there won’t be any decision on a second vaccine for 12-15 year olds until next spring at the earliest which gives them a lot more time to research the risks and see what happens with other countries who are vaccinating minors.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #62248 on: September 13, 2021, 10:14:21 pm »
Covid protection oil. A bargain for £91 including a piece of red yarn.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-58552316

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #62249 on: September 13, 2021, 10:25:24 pm »
Mate, I was once 19 st, I know full fucking well how I got that heavy, eating too much fucking shite and being a lazy c*nt. Amazingly, when I went on a sensible diet and got off my arse and exercised, I lost 4 stone in 4 months.

I understand that there are medical conditions that cause weight issues, but for most, its shit diet and no exercise.

The way my body puts on weight is a frigging joke and still I maintain 65 kg for 170 cm (143 lb to 5'7) but it takes a bit of an effort and above all - just one serious meal per day and really heavy exercise for multiple hours at a time several times per week. Either that failing I'd be weighing a lot more and actually weighed 79 kg (174 lb) when I narrowly mismanaged the amount I was eating and didn't exercise for long enough just four years ago and this was without even eating sugar!

In one month I lost 10 % of my body weight just by taking it seriously. People just need to try and nearly everyone won't become overweight. Even if it means going 10 hours without any food from time to time - it pays off in the long run. For me it's not really a battle - it's just an interesting challenge but I suppose most who have that kind of ease to gain weight eventually just give up which is pretty sad.

If the average weight of any country dropped 5 kg it would've saved so many lives from covid that it's hard to even comprehend.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 10:28:56 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62250 on: September 13, 2021, 10:31:44 pm »
yep, our place have told those in the office that they are not to come in if they have a cold or anything, whereas before you pretty much were expected to come in unless you were pretty much on your last legs!!

Yeah for us, a combination of a UK management culture still stuck in the 60s/70s and individuals being 'working class heros' proudly showing off that they can still do their job whilst coughing over everyone.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62251 on: September 13, 2021, 10:58:58 pm »
Even if it means going 10 hours without any food from time to time - it pays off in the long run.
Piss easy that . . . . . go to bed at midnight, get up at 10am.

Offline John Higgins

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #62252 on: September 13, 2021, 11:24:12 pm »
Ah herd immunity death ghoul is back. How delightful for us all.

Ironic as his return seems to coincide with the U.K. reaching herd immunity threshold for current behaviour patterns. It has only cost us close to 200k peoples lives.

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62253 on: September 14, 2021, 06:21:35 am »
Why isn't it right?

I am asking this genuinely, not trying to catch you out or anything, as I am interested to understand your view of it.

What would your opinion be of individual clubs/bars/restaurants/cinemas etc simply deciding to only admit people who had evidence on the NHS app of having been fully vaccinated? They are obviously restricting access to those unvaccinated and saying, "either get it or do one".

Would it be preferable to take it out of the govt hands and have any "No vaccine, no service" rules implemented as simply part of a companies "dress code".

I don't really want to get into a debate into what constitutes 'free' and 'not free', but to me what you describe doesn't sound like a free society.  Sounds too authoritarian which is why I think most (if not all) Western governments will stop short of enforcing it.

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62254 on: September 14, 2021, 06:23:19 am »
If the average weight of any country dropped 5 kg it would've saved so many lives from covid that it's hard to even comprehend.

I thought this was the direction the UK was heading in with the govt bike vouchers.  Shame that whole conversation soon fell away.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62255 on: September 14, 2021, 07:46:43 am »

Hard to comprehend because it’s nonsense.  Being overweight is obviously not healthy but the extent of folk dying with ‘underlying health conditions’ is a bit more complex than being overweight.

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62256 on: September 14, 2021, 07:51:56 am »
Hard to comprehend because it’s nonsense.  Being overweight is obviously not healthy but the extent of folk dying with ‘underlying health conditions’ is a bit more complex than being overweight.

CDC reckoned approx. 78% of all hospitalised with covid were overweight. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/08/covid-cdc-study-finds-roughly-78percent-of-people-hospitalized-were-overweight-or-obese.html

Losing weight seemed like a good thing for governments to incentivise to help fight against covid.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #62257 on: September 14, 2021, 08:07:34 am »
It's not just as simple as eating less and exercising more for some people though...

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62258 on: September 14, 2021, 08:14:49 am »
I thought this was the direction the UK was heading in with the govt bike vouchers.  Shame that whole conversation soon fell away.

Its hardly authoritarian. Its not liked its banned.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62259 on: September 14, 2021, 08:35:15 am »
I don't really want to get into a debate into what constitutes 'free' and 'not free', but to me what you describe doesn't sound like a free society.  Sounds too authoritarian which is why I think most (if not all) Western governments will stop short of enforcing it.

I would argue that it’s the definition of ‘free’ as it’s allowing individuals business owners to make their own rules as to who they do and don’t admit into their premises, and as long as the criteria for that doesn’t become xenophobic, racist or sexist then it’s largely fine by me.

I think if the government implemented it you’d have a point (although it was something I was personally in favour of as I think the benefits to higher levels of vaccination outweighs the loss of liberty,) but by all accounts the research suggests that this won’t actually lead to a higher vaccination percentage anyway so fair enough.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62260 on: September 14, 2021, 08:41:42 am »
It's not just as simple as eating less and exercising more for some people though...

Yep.  There are often lots of complex social and mental aspects too.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #62261 on: September 14, 2021, 08:51:25 am »

Yeah, I think the money went into electric scooter schemes instead.
I like them, think they seem pretty green and handy.
Would rather a good bike infrastructure though.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62262 on: September 14, 2021, 09:03:01 am »
I spoke to my goddaughters (briefly, as it turned out) on Friday about why they wouldn't get the vaccines.  I had prepared quite well thanks to the advice offered on here - more so than I do for most work presentations - but in the end it wasn't really needed.  I think I mentioned in an earlier post that both parents are strongly anti-Tory and run a foodbank in their town.  Well, it seems, that sentiment has passed down to the daughters and the core reason they wouldn't get the vaccine was because of the gloating by the Tories of how the vaccine rollout was going.  They thought their parents had sold out by getting vaccinated.

Of all the possible reasons I had planned for that wasn't one.  In hindsight it really should have been!!  I tried to explain the divide between Public Health England, the NHS and the government and that the government were taking reflective glory just like they had in Euro 2020.  I asked them if they'd throw a football match because the government would try to steal some glory from it and they said they wouldn't.  I also said that our rollout was now pretty ordinary in European terms and that the government were no longer answering every question with a comment about vaccinations because of that.  I was gearing up for a statistical breakdown of the difference two people would make to a % across 65m people but luckily for them said they'd get the vaccine if I'd stop talking  ;D

I thought I may have been fobbed off but their dad sent me a message this morning to say they've booked their first jabs so I'm well happy!

I suppose, like Brexit, there are almost endless reasons why people hold particular views.  Of all the reasons for not getting jabbed a deeply held suspicion of the Tories is probably one of the better ones...
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 09:06:37 am by thaddeus »

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62263 on: September 14, 2021, 09:19:49 am »
I spoke to my goddaughters (briefly, as it turned out) on Friday about why they wouldn't get the vaccines.  I had prepared quite well thanks to the advice offered on here - more so than I do for most work presentations - but in the end it wasn't really needed.  I think I mentioned in an earlier post that both parents are strongly anti-Tory and run a foodbank in their town.  Well, it seems, that sentiment has passed down to the daughters and the core reason they wouldn't get the vaccine was because of the gloating by the Tories of how the vaccine rollout was going.  They thought their parents had sold out by getting vaccinated.

Of all the possible reasons I had planned for that wasn't one.  In hindsight it really should have been!!  I tried to explain the divide between Public Health England, the NHS and the government and that the government were taking reflective glory just like they had in Euro 2020.  I asked them if they'd throw a football match because the government would try to steal some glory from it and they said they wouldn't.  I also said that our rollout was now pretty ordinary in European terms and that the government were no longer answering every question with a comment about vaccinations because of that.  I was gearing up for a statistical breakdown of the difference two people would make to a % across 65m people but luckily for them said they'd get the vaccine if I'd stop talking  ;D

I thought I may have been fobbed off but their dad sent me a message this morning to say they've booked their first jabs so I'm well happy!

I suppose, like Brexit, there are almost endless reasons why people hold particular views.  Of all the reasons for not getting jabbed a deeply held suspicion of the Tories is probably one of the better ones...

glad it went ok. i don't think is that uncommon when anti-tory sentiment is wrapped up with general distrust of government.
YNWA.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #62264 on: September 14, 2021, 10:08:54 am »
Booster jabs for over 50s incoming

A single shot of Pfizer for all even if previously had AZ, at least 6 months after 2nd shot.

Seems like AZ is all but dead in the UK, we need to ship them all out to other countries before they expire

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-58552389
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 10:11:10 am by Wabaloolah »

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62265 on: September 14, 2021, 10:15:52 am »
Booster jabs for over 50s incoming

A single shot of Pfizer for all even if previously had AZ, at least 6 months after 2nd shot.

Seems like AZ is all but dead in the UK, we need to ship them all out to other countries before they expire

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-58552389

I got my second 22nd May and 6 months ties in with when I would expect to get my flu jab, I got it first week of December last year.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62266 on: September 14, 2021, 10:18:21 am »
I would argue that it’s the definition of ‘free’ as it’s allowing individuals business owners to make their own rules as to who they do and don’t admit into their premises, and as long as the criteria for that doesn’t become xenophobic, racist or sexist then it’s largely fine by me.

I think if the government implemented it you’d have a point (although it was something I was personally in favour of as I think the benefits to higher levels of vaccination outweighs the loss of liberty,) but by all accounts the research suggests that this won’t actually lead to a higher vaccination percentage anyway so fair enough.

So businesses are legally allowed to demand vaccination status and refuse entry for people who don't show it..  Some bars where vaccine is mandatory, some where it isn't.  Same with restaurants etc..

Guess they could try it.  Sounds like a nightmare though.

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62267 on: September 14, 2021, 10:22:47 am »

But it is for most.. just felt worthwhile the govt doing more things like the bike scheme.  Subsidising healthier foods, gym memberships etc.

Probably would have helped more than eat out to help out for example.  Or even the stamp duty holiday.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #62268 on: September 14, 2021, 11:14:14 am »
But it is for most.. just felt worthwhile the govt doing more things like the bike scheme.  Subsidising healthier foods, gym memberships etc.

Probably would have helped more than eat out to help out for example.  Or even the stamp duty holiday.

Is it? Have you got peer reviewed evidence to support this claim?

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62269 on: September 14, 2021, 11:16:25 am »
Is it? Have you got peer reviewed evidence to support this claim?

What, that eating less and exercising more helps most people lose weight?

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #62270 on: September 14, 2021, 11:24:09 am »
What, that eating less and exercising more helps most people lose weight?

Yes. I want evidence that it's that simple for most. Otherwise it's just an unsubstantiated claim. Like has been mentioned by other people there are a load of other factors that go into losing weight other than eating less and exercising more, otherwise everyone would be doing it right? If it was literally that easy.

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62271 on: September 14, 2021, 11:29:35 am »
Yes. I want evidence that it's that simple for most. Otherwise it's just an unsubstantiated claim. Like has been mentioned by other people there are a load of other factors that go into losing weight other than eating less and exercising more, otherwise everyone would be doing it right? If it was literally that easy.

Yeah no worries.  I'll find something on how water makes people wet at the same time.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 11:31:36 am by carling »

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62272 on: September 14, 2021, 11:42:08 am »
So businesses are legally allowed to demand vaccination status and refuse entry for people who don't show it..  Some bars where vaccine is mandatory, some where it isn't.  Same with restaurants etc..

I’m not necessarily saying that I think that should happen, just making the point that it certainly doesn’t go against any prescribed ideals of freedom as far as I’m concerned.

Not sure it would be that hard to implement, it’s pretty easy to get proof of vaccination on your phone and you’re required to show that to get entry. I’ve had to do it already for a festival I went to and it worked fine.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #62273 on: September 14, 2021, 11:48:48 am »
JCVI now recommending boosters for over 50’s, and I assume vulnerable and clinically vulnerable.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline ianburns252

• RAWK Economist not the MP spelling and Crosby background differentiate
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gentleman in the streets; freak in the spreadsheet
« Reply #62274 on: September 14, 2021, 11:53:37 am »

Yeah, they are private companies and so long as they are not seen to be acting in a discriminatory manner against certain protected characteristics (of which vaccinations is not one) then my understanding is that they can refuse or allow entry at their discretion.

The key is whether it would be argued as discrimination (in terms of the law rather than personal opinion) and that could cause grief.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #62275 on: September 14, 2021, 12:01:08 pm »
JCVI now recommending boosters for over 50’s, and I assume vulnerable and clinically vulnerable.

Any mention on healthcare workers?

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62276 on: September 14, 2021, 12:06:59 pm »
Any mention on healthcare workers?

Who will get the first booster doses?
JCVI chairman Prof Wei Shen Lim outlines who will be first in line for the booster jab:

Older adults living in residential homes
Front-line healthcare and social care workers
All adults ages 50 and over
All those aged 16 to 49 with underlying health conditions
Adult household contacts of immunosupressed individuals

Bbc
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #62277 on: September 14, 2021, 12:11:37 pm »
Perfect! Booster here I come!

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62278 on: September 14, 2021, 12:22:53 pm »
When Professor Shen Lim was speaking he said it would follow the same order as before, which might mean that the clinically vulnerable will be done after 60 year olds rather then after 50 year olds
Thinking is overrated.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62279 on: September 14, 2021, 12:35:36 pm »
Everyone getting Pfizer with few exceptions for boosters.
Thinking is overrated.