Author Topic: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)  (Read 24872 times)

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)
« Reply #120 on: November 1, 2019, 06:54:09 pm »
Enjoying hardcore game modes as the guns have less of a say for who dies. Its trickier to find this year, go to the quick match filters and press square to switch the filtering to hardcore game modes rather than regular
cheers bro, thought it didnt have hardcore so only played it for an hour or so.
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline tray fenny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: November 1, 2019, 08:09:35 pm »
how the fuck do you find hardcore free for all on the xbox edition god damn it
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #122 on: November 1, 2019, 08:39:43 pm »
Press X on the filter.
AHA!

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #123 on: November 2, 2019, 08:43:31 am »
Big updates coming.

Footsteps, Callouts, Netcode and Mini Map returning from old will be fixed at end of month, glitches from crashes on Xbox and PC and weapons not levelling up will be sooner.

Guess it's another month of BO4 for me.
« Last Edit: November 2, 2019, 08:45:11 am by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline tray fenny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: November 2, 2019, 11:37:31 am »
Press X on the filter.
and yet there is no hardcore free for all

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #125 on: November 2, 2019, 06:05:37 pm »
Big updates coming.

Footsteps, Callouts, Netcode and Mini Map returning from old will be fixed at end of month, glitches from crashes on Xbox and PC and weapons not levelling up will be sooner.

Guess it's another month of BO4 for me.

Whats the mini map and callouts bit about?
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: November 3, 2019, 07:57:01 am »
cheers bro, thought it didnt have hardcore so only played it for an hour or so.
theres an option to switch on gore/blood etc in the options menu too. Also its not overly apparent that you can now press sprint twice for a quicker sprint. First time you can reload when looking down the sights too i believe

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #127 on: November 3, 2019, 03:54:05 pm »
Follow up to my post about playing COD for the first time. Just started and I'm loving it. Looking for a few basic tips though. Whenever I kill someone I pretty much always get killed myself right after. Maybe that's a sign that I should be closer to my teammates or something? In general I'm pretty clueless as to the most effective way to move around the map is.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: November 3, 2019, 05:28:14 pm »
Whats the mini map and callouts bit about?
Mini map only shows red dots when the UAV is up and not when people are shooting, when people are shooting you see it on the compass.

The callouts are when your walking, some enemy player comes into view and you shout "CONTACT!!!!" or "ENEMY SIGHTED!!!! and "RELOADING WEAPON!!!" and the most stupid one "SETTING CLAYMORE!!!".

I remember and this happened a few times, and enemy player running right past me, just as i was lining my shot up "Enemy contact" and either him or his teammate turned around and kill me. :D

The callouts are just the most stupid thing they added in this game, do Soldiers actually do that in real life situations on the battlefield, if not why is it in this game?
« Last Edit: November 3, 2019, 05:33:12 pm by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: November 3, 2019, 05:31:32 pm »
Follow up to my post about playing COD for the first time. Just started and I'm loving it. Looking for a few basic tips though. Whenever I kill someone I pretty much always get killed myself right after. Maybe that's a sign that I should be closer to my teammates or something? In general I'm pretty clueless as to the most effective way to move around the map is.
Use a suppressor on your gun. ;)

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #130 on: November 3, 2019, 06:05:44 pm »
Use a suppressor on your gun. ;)
Speaking of which, I'm just using the default "Assault" load out. Find it to be pretty good but I take it I should be improving my weapons etc?

Most impressive thing about this game is the speed and efficiency with which you find games, lobbies and respawn etc. Coming from GTA V's online experience it's absolutely effortless.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: November 3, 2019, 07:35:50 pm »
what game types you playing? Try sticking with a team member can help naturally. Other than that you can try sticking to the map perimeters so that there are less routes for people to attack you from. Aim high perhaps too, sometimes players can have a tendancy to have the target lower down so it takes more bullets to kill. I have been using the double primary weapon perk whilst ranking up too so i can have shotgun/smg for close quarters amd rifle for when map opens up. Smoke grenades can also be handy for cover

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: November 3, 2019, 09:36:08 pm »
Speaking of which, I'm just using the default "Assault" load out. Find it to be pretty good but I take it I should be improving my weapons etc?

Most impressive thing about this game is the speed and efficiency with which you find games, lobbies and respawn etc. Coming from GTA V's online experience it's absolutely effortless.
You're better off using the automatic guns before you go for the Famas, i think it's unlocked around level 15-20.

Burst weapons like the Famas are about accuracy and snapping on your target quick and firing that burst, get used to the other guns and improving your aim and reflexes and then go back to that if you like that gun, Burst weapons in CoD are lethal in the right hands.

If i was you i would go with the M4A1, it's the best gun in the game by far, use it with a suppressor and try and get the Monolithic Suppressor, with the Monolithic Supressor you don't lose power or range with it and level the gun up more with other attachments that make you aim down sights quick.

M4A1 Kilo141 Assault Weapons and MP5  P90 sub machine guns are the best guns in the game i found, apparently all the pro players swear by the MP7 (which was the best sub machine gun in the beta) which is a rank 53 gun, they will be using that gun in tournaments from some videos i saw on Youtube this week.

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #133 on: November 3, 2019, 10:19:55 pm »
Thanks for the advice both. Will keep all that in mind.

Just tried sticking by my teammates more (I play Team Deathmatch) and had my best couple of games. Also helped not sprinting everywhere, though it seems like some others do it all the time.

Offline Andy_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #134 on: November 4, 2019, 04:28:13 pm »

Stick to the map edges so you know that at least one side if you will always be enemy free - avoid the middle of the map.
Don't sprint as much, and definitely dont sprint around corners, you will get wrecked every time.
When going around corners, you dont necessarily need to aim down sights, but at least make sure your cross hairs are pointing at the furthest point around the corner you can see all the time, i.e. the first place you will see an enemy.
Listen for footsteps (especially in this game)
Use the minimap - even though it currently doesnt show enemies when firing their weapon, the location of the rest of your team will give you a good idea where the enemy will be spawning.
Take the time to learn the maps - this can come from experience.
Find a gun you are comfortable with and stick with it to start with, all guns behave differently, recoil patterns are different, so get used to one whilst you learn how to play.
Find a sensitivity you are comfortable with that allows you to compete - COD is a game based on reflexes and ability to react quickly, if your sensitivity is too low you wont be able to respond to threats quickly enough.
Don't reload until you are safe to do so - it can be tempting to reload after every kill.
Watch your kill cams when you die, good info on how others are winning the gunfight.
Aim for the core of the enemy player, dont aim for the head until you get more comfortable.

Thats off the top of my head - theres a lot to think about.

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #135 on: November 5, 2019, 02:40:02 pm »
I have come to the conclusion that this game is boss.

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: November 7, 2019, 12:20:59 am »
Coming back from a long hiatus. Haven't played COD since MW3. If anyone wants a game add me  xxrobertlfcxx

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: November 7, 2019, 04:58:04 pm »
I don't get on much but will stick any funny/shite/killstreaks on the below. Had a decent game on 10 v 10 Domination the other day as an example of taking a flag and then defending it if you want to set yourself objectives within the game as you are playing rather than running round aimlessly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKi-OjilRp4
« Last Edit: November 7, 2019, 05:00:34 pm by WillG.LFC »

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: November 8, 2019, 10:40:58 am »
Well I'm coming back to the game.

The details are at Reddit Modern Warfare.

Update 1.07 , has new maps and Hard Point game mode.

Footsteps quieter  IW will add another update if people not happy.

Callouts/ Battle Chatter won't be heard by enemy.

725 shotgun and M4A1 Got massive nerfs, reduce damage at range and added recoil.

SMGs got major buff with increased strafing movement speed and ADS speed.

Uzi got more damage and range.

Supressed guns will not show on Map and UAV.

Sprints are faster and back to Beta speed.

Shooting Claymores will not give you damage anymore.

So happy about the SMG balancing, this will make them a lot stronger in close quarters now, M4A1 and the 725 overkill setup isn't OP now.

I'll be P90 supressed running and gunning today like the MW Trilogy days.  ;D
« Last Edit: November 8, 2019, 10:54:16 am by RedSince86 »

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: November 8, 2019, 10:57:50 am »

The details are at Reddit Modern Warfare.

Update 1.07 , has new maps and Hard Point game mode.

Footsteps quieter  IW will add another update if people not happy.

Callouts/ Battle Chatter won't be heard by enemy.

725 shotgun and M4A1 Got massive nerfs, reduce damage at range and added recoil.

SMGs got major buff with increased strafing movement speed and ADS speed.

Uzi got more damage and range.

Supressed guns will not show on Map and UAV.

Sprints are faster and back to Beta speed.

Shooting Claymores will not give you damage anymore.

So happy about the SMG balancing, this will make them a lot stronger in close quarters now, M4A1 and the 725 overkill setup isn't OP now.

I'll be P90 supressed running and gunning today like the MW Trilogy days.  ;D
nice, been using smg and supressor so handy for me. Can't remember if i mentioned it in here but the last update was examined on the pc files and they found 38 maps. Some are for specific game modes and some have day/night variations but all good news. Some old maps coming back too it seems. They will be released gradually with today being the first released seemingly

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: November 8, 2019, 11:46:26 am »

Nice update, fixes a lot of the issues I was finding with it. The lighting still bugs me and it's annoying not having the Cold-Blooded perk until rank 29. I was also hoping they'd find a way to balance the snipers at range a bit too, as people just seem to sit on rooftops in Ground War and snipe all game. Still, that update sounds like a good start.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: November 8, 2019, 11:48:19 am »
Nice update, fixes a lot of the issues I was finding with it. The lighting still bugs me and it's annoying not having the Cold-Blooded perk until rank 29. I was also hoping they'd find a way to balance the snipers at range a bit too, as people just seem to sit on rooftops in Ground War and snipe all game. Still, that update sounds like a good start.
a few seconds to respawn without taking damage might be nice as well. Not a massive problem mind

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: November 8, 2019, 01:36:51 pm »
725 is still OP.

I did notice getting killed by the M4 that therE is noticeable recoil.

The movement is a lot less sluggish now, doesn't feel like I have cement shoes on.

TTK is still to quick.

Played some games of FFA and TDM, and still campers galore because, this game needs Dead Silence perk badly, none of games I played ever got to score limit.

Been playing 10 v 10 Domination and Its fantastic, footsteps are not even noticeable because there is so much going on noise wise, if you like running and gunning then that game mode is great, the movement with SMGs is so much better.
« Last Edit: November 8, 2019, 01:48:23 pm by RedSince86 »

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #143 on: November 8, 2019, 01:46:44 pm »
a few seconds to respawn without taking damage might be nice as well. Not a massive problem mind

Absolutely not, if I see you and shoot you right away giving myself away, you can kill me whilst me being unable to kill you.

Basically as soon as you spawn, get moving.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: November 8, 2019, 02:38:11 pm »
Absolutely not, if I see you and shoot you right away giving myself away, you can kill me whilst me being unable to kill you.

Basically as soon as you spawn, get moving.

thinking more on domination where you spawn at the flags you have, as people have started gunning you down literally as you spawn. Not talking random spawning like on team death match etc

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: November 12, 2019, 08:53:17 pm »
How many updates has it been? I can’t remember any other game where the entire game needs to be “copied “ before the update can be installed. Downloading the update takes five minutes, copying the game takes 45 minutes. Sad!

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: November 13, 2019, 09:42:52 am »
How many updates has it been? I can’t remember any other game where the entire game needs to be “copied “ before the update can be installed. Downloading the update takes five minutes, copying the game takes 45 minutes. Sad!
This game was rushed, and these 7 updates in under 2 weeks shows that.

It's been the worst launch I've seen, right now everyone is beta testing it, that's what it feels like and these updates are going to be plentyful as there is still things that need fixing like the netcode with the shoot first die first scenarios still apparent, TTK to quick, SBMM, footsteps need dead silence perk badly after 3 adjustments of footstep sounds still not working and still the 725 and M4 are still the best guns after 2 nerfs and the Spawns need fixing.

My only positive points on the game is the gun customisation and giving us free maps.

Offline Andy_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #148 on: November 13, 2019, 04:19:22 pm »

It's been the worst launch I've seen, right now everyone is beta testing it, that's what it feels like and these updates are going to be plentyful as there is still things that need fixing like the netcode with the shoot first die first scenarios still apparent, TTK to quick, SBMM, footsteps need dead silence perk badly after 3 adjustments of footstep sounds still not working and still the 725 and M4 are still the best guns after 2 nerfs and the Spawns need fixing.

My only positive points on the game is the gun customisation and giving us free maps.

How on earth have they managed to rush the game when they have had 3 years to develop it since the spectacular shitshow of Infinite Warfare, and possibly had some development before that.  I have deliberately avoided purchasing the game so I can make a decision when we get to a point where the game is 'complete' - when that is, who knows?

Watching content from the game it looks like it has a lot of potential, I just hope they manage to realise that.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: November 13, 2019, 05:27:14 pm »
I only play hardcore so I can’t say anything about gun balance. I enjoy the weapons and the maps so far. The amount of attachments on the guns is ridiculous, though. Way over the top. Only complaint I have is that the map rotation on hardcore TDM is strange. The same four or five maps gets rotated every single night I play. Hackney, Gun runner, Ramzah(??), the cave one and Piccadilly. Yesterday we had to play Piccadilly three times in a row!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 05:33:01 pm by dalarr »

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: November 14, 2019, 01:05:01 pm »
thinking more on domination where you spawn at the flags you have, as people have started gunning you down literally as you spawn. Not talking random spawning like on team death match etc

Example here, 3 deaths in the first 15 seconds from nades and rocket spams  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuUu-7prKOU

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #151 on: November 14, 2019, 01:16:53 pm »
Got disconnected in the middle of my best killstreak so far. Was on 11 when it happened. Probably the sort of numbers you lot hit quite often but I was well happy with that.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #152 on: November 14, 2019, 02:59:26 pm »

I haven't found a summary I disagree with more in recent years, to be honest.

• Campaign is awesome and plays awesome
  • MP needs some balance tweeking for fairness but it's not the worst
  • Worst launch? Try Anthem or No Man's Sky or Fallout 76 or pick any other from a list of many, this isn't even bad
  • Spawns are exactly like they've been in most CoD games to my experience
  • Footsteps I agree with
  • 725 is OP as fuck, agreed

Deffo not a BETA level game by a loooong stretch, that is way of an overreaction. Weapon damage balancing does not a poor game make.

My two biggest gripes are the maps are not that great and Spec Ops is ridiculously in that enemies spawn with no end, forever and ever, it's a very stupid mechanic, a very cheap way to make it harder by overwhelming you instead of by smart design and actual challenge.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 03:01:02 pm by PhilV »

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #153 on: November 14, 2019, 03:55:58 pm »
Got disconnected in the middle of my best killstreak so far. Was on 11 when it happened. Probably the sort of numbers you lot hit quite often but I was well happy with that.

Oh, yeah, all the time...  :-[
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: November 14, 2019, 05:10:32 pm »
I haven't found a summary I disagree with more in recent years, to be honest.

• Campaign is awesome and plays awesome
  • MP needs some balance tweeking for fairness but it's not the worst
  • Worst launch? Try Anthem or No Man's Sky or Fallout 76 or pick any other from a list of many, this isn't even bad
  • Spawns are exactly like they've been in most CoD games to my experience
  • Footsteps I agree with
  • 725 is OP as fuck, agreed

Deffo not a BETA level game by a loooong stretch, that is way of an overreaction. Weapon damage balancing does not a poor game make.

My two biggest gripes are the maps are not that great and Spec Ops is ridiculously in that enemies spawn with no end, forever and ever, it's a very stupid mechanic, a very cheap way to make it harder by overwhelming you instead of by smart design and actual challenge.
I was alluding to worst launch in the CoD franchise.

Never seen a CoD game with so many issues/updates with a game not even a month out.

I come back post update, play an hour and no more and that's happened on every update,the game is so slow paced, and is is littered with tryhards running overkill M4/725 and that gets old quick and footsteps are the biggest factor making the game slow and a campfest.

On the footsteps issue, IW should lower them to the sound of BO4 footsteps that are equiped with Dead Silence which is noticeable slightly,  IW keep "Lowering the occlusion of footsteps" sounds in their patch notes whatever the fuck that is still makes you sound like you're wearing cement boots.

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #155 on: November 14, 2019, 07:05:32 pm »
Oh, yeah, all the time...  :-[
Will literally never happen again.

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: November 14, 2019, 10:09:28 pm »
The 2 v 2 mode on the little maps is fun for a while. Other than that, I’m sticking to hardcore. Too much frustration in the normal mode. The lack of 6 v 6 maps is a killer currently though.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: November 15, 2019, 06:17:59 pm »
Update 1.09 that's imminent will remove SBMM and the 725 is getting nerfed again to be on par with the other shotguns.

Offline tray fenny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: November 16, 2019, 10:44:58 am »
on campaign I've restarted a checkpoint stuck behind a door opened by enemy AI, fuming, playing on hardened an all. Not sure I'll continue until its patched.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: November 18, 2019, 02:40:08 pm »
200 player Battle Royale coming to MW, and it will be free to play like Apex Legends apparently.

Out to play around Febuary.

This video is fun viewing, reminds of those classic MW2 videos Sandy Ravage used to do against Boosters.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/QDhYPYTRM6w&amp;t=9s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/QDhYPYTRM6w&amp;t=9s</a>