Author Topic: Bundesliga Thread  (Read 1065231 times)

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Bundesliga Thread
« Reply #15760 on: May 8, 2021, 03:42:19 pm »
Sancho scores before his impending move to Liverpool.  ;)

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15761 on: May 8, 2021, 03:44:20 pm »
Much better. He’s so good 1v1 around box ... makes all the difference against a low block.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15762 on: May 8, 2021, 04:06:26 pm »
Dortmund have no footing in game now and taking Dahoud off hasn’t helped there.

And 2-0... really poor this half Dortmund. Fair play to Leipzig getting back into it.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15763 on: May 8, 2021, 04:16:18 pm »
Amazing from sancho.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #15764 on: May 8, 2021, 04:24:42 pm »
Frankfurt vs. Mainz is going to be very important now. Would be a shame if Frankfurt would miss out on Champions League football.

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #15765 on: May 8, 2021, 04:26:23 pm »
Frankfurt vs. Mainz is going to be very important now. Would be a shame if Frankfurt would miss out on Champions League football.
Not really.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #15766 on: May 8, 2021, 04:27:20 pm »
Dortmund win means Bayern are champions. Brace from Sancho in the 2nd half after Leipzig pulled it back, interesting to see what happens in the cup final between the two next week, I fancy Dortmund to win it.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15767 on: May 8, 2021, 04:29:30 pm »
9 titles in a row now. I want to go back to the 00's at least where we had multiple Bundesliga winners.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #15768 on: May 8, 2021, 04:54:53 pm »
Yeah so we either couldn’t agree a few with Borussia Monchengladbach or their fee was too high... which is odd, as it was muted at 25m and I think we paid a tad more for Gini.

Never quite hit heights he’s capable of until this season... really sharp, incisive passer and covers loads of ground.

Also, Leipzig deserve to be losing for Nagelsmann’s coat. Jesus.

he wanted to go to Dortmund, his fee was a low buyout at around 10-15 mill I think.

Good player for sure, who finally has a coach at Dortmund who trusts him. He’ll be hoping Marco Rose will as well, no reason why not after this season.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15769 on: May 8, 2021, 04:56:25 pm »
he wanted to go to Dortmund, his fee was a low buyout at around 10-15 mill I think.

Good player for sure, who finally has a coach at Dortmund who trusts him. He’ll be hoping Marco Rose will as well, no reason why not after this season.

He moved to Dortmund a year later in 2017, we got Gini and were heavily linked with him in summer of 2016.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15770 on: May 8, 2021, 05:03:03 pm »
He moved to Dortmund a year later in 2017, we got Gini and were heavily linked with him in summer of 2016.

Ah yeah that’s right, Gladbach didn’t want to sell that summer and because he had no interest in going to England, there was never a case of him pushing to leave, he was happy to play for gladbach that season.

Funny really, cos like a lot of players he gets dismissed here as being rubbish, but he’s always had something about him, just maybe inconsistant. But whereas his coaches would stick with other players at Dortmund, through all sorts of form, he was never seemingly given the chances. Now finally, his patience has been rewarded.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15771 on: May 8, 2021, 05:06:45 pm »
Ah yeah that’s right, Gladbach didn’t want to sell that summer and because he had no interest in going to England, there was never a case of him pushing to leave, he was happy to play for gladbach that season.

Funny really, cos like a lot of players he gets dismissed here as being rubbish, but he’s always had something about him, just maybe inconsistant. But whereas his coaches would stick with other players at Dortmund, through all sorts of form, he was never seemingly given the chances. Now finally, his patience has been rewarded.

Yeah I really rate him and he’s out of contract end of next season so could be a bargain there this summer. That said, he’s probably best of staying there and hopefully continuing to flourish under Rose.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #15772 on: May 8, 2021, 05:16:55 pm »
Not really.
Not really important or not really a shame?

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #15773 on: May 8, 2021, 05:49:15 pm »
;D  Well let’s just say I’m a wee bit biased. I used to work in Offenbach, deadly enemies and local rivals to Frankfurt, so there was lots of banter going on. I’ve never had any sympathy for Frankfurt so I don’t think it would be a shame if they missed out. It’s up to them though.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #15774 on: May 8, 2021, 06:17:23 pm »
This league is a bit of a nonsense. Bayern scores 4 goals in this half and the goalscorer was completely unmarked in acres of space on every single occasion. The state of that defending! WTF  :o

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15775 on: May 8, 2021, 10:56:11 pm »

For me - who hasn't really got a horse in this race - not really a shame if Frankfurt if they miss out - as that would mean Dortmund do get in.  If dortmund don't, they probably lose both Sancho and Haaland, and drop down the league rather swiftly after that - and Sancho and Haaland go on to strengthen our rivals (either in the PL or Europe) - and I have a soft spot for Dortmund. Or possibly Wolfsburg who I don't care too much one way or another, but don't really have a player they'd miss if they left (not would leave to another bigger club).

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #15776 on: May 9, 2021, 02:13:01 am »
Was just looking how close Lewandowski was to overtaking Gerd Muller as Bayern's leading scorer ... just another 270 odd to go  :lmao
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15777 on: May 9, 2021, 04:43:26 am »
6th straight season in which Lewa has scored 40 goals plus overall. He's going to end up scoring at least 40 goals in the league alone by the end of the season, which is fucking insane, I don't know when was the last time that was done in the Bundesliga.

EDIT - Muller was the last one to score 40 goals in the league, in 1972.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2021, 04:45:37 am by deFacto please, you bastards »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15778 on: May 9, 2021, 07:01:02 am »
Sancho is unreal.

Honestly, £70m for him is an absolute steal.

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #15779 on: May 9, 2021, 01:21:01 pm »
Effzeh in the shit here. 0-2 down to Freiburg and playing pretty badly to be honest.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15780 on: May 9, 2021, 01:49:55 pm »
VAR is far better  in Germany than the PL, but that is a shocking decision to give Effzeh a penalty there. He didn’t even touch him. Dived over his foot.

Good, missed it.

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #15781 on: May 9, 2021, 02:00:22 pm »
VAR is far better  in Germany than the PL, but that is a shocking decision to give Effzeh a penalty there. He didn’t even touch him. Dived over his foot.

Good, missed it.
My partners son said, “for once we get a dodgy decision and then we fuck it up” poor sod is suffering badly.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15782 on: May 9, 2021, 02:11:54 pm »
My partners son said, “for once we get a dodgy decision and then we fuck it up” poor sod is suffering badly.

poor lad!

I like Effzeh, but against Freiburg, I have to cheer for Freiburg  ;D

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15783 on: May 9, 2021, 02:44:18 pm »
Very good finish from Onisiwo to give Mainz an early lead in Frankfurt.  Frankfurt had a bright start though too. Could be some goals in this.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15784 on: May 9, 2021, 02:46:39 pm »
6th straight season in which Lewa has scored 40 goals plus overall. He's going to end up scoring at least 40 goals in the league alone by the end of the season, which is fucking insane, I don't know when was the last time that was done in the Bundesliga.

EDIT - Muller was the last one to score 40 goals in the league, in 1972.

Gurd Muller was Lewandowski on steroids.  8)

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15785 on: May 9, 2021, 04:17:26 pm »
Mainz must be kicking themselves - absolute sitter 1 on 1 with the keeper missed by Onisiwo and then Hrustic somehow scores that goal, whilst lying on the floor, wow.  Dortmund still in the driving seat for 4th, but Frankfurt on top now

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15786 on: May 9, 2021, 04:35:55 pm »
Would have taken that result before the game, so all good.

2 games left. Mainz 6 points above the playoff spot. Keep saying it, but the job Bo Svensson has done is incredible. Coach of the season regardless of not even having been there all season.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #15787 on: May 9, 2021, 05:27:19 pm »
Köln are in a real spot of bother now. Bochum almost certainly coming back up. Who knows who will join them. Bundesliga 2 promotion race still has 4-5 teams with a chance

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #15788 on: May 9, 2021, 09:59:28 pm »
Would have taken that result before the game, so all good.

2 games left. Mainz 6 points above the playoff spot. Keep saying it, but the job Bo Svensson has done is incredible. Coach of the season regardless of not even having been there all season.
Him or Glasner, no doubt. Probably Svensson given how buried Mainz looked beforehand.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15789 on: May 10, 2021, 07:00:53 pm »
Köln are in a real spot of bother now. Bochum almost certainly coming back up. Who knows who will join them. Bundesliga 2 promotion race still has 4-5 teams with a chance

Holstein Kiel in prime position now to get promoted after their win today vs Hannover.

It is last chance saloon for HSV today, they have to beat Nürnberg this evening, to just be in with a chance at the playoffs really. And even that is out of their hands.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #15790 on: May 10, 2021, 07:25:36 pm »
Yep. Possibility that Bundesliga 2 has HSV, Köln, Werder Bremen, Schalke, Hannover 96, Nürnberg and Hansa Rostock in it next season

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #15791 on: May 12, 2021, 07:52:30 pm »
Hertha look safe after beating Schalke this evening 2-1. Now 3 points clear of Arminia in the playoff place with far superior GD. They really were lucky in the run of fixtures they had recently, and made the most of it
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #15792 on: May 12, 2021, 08:05:51 pm »
Yeah they weren't in doubt for me. Barring disaster they look safe, although they never should have been in this predicament based on strength of squad

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15793 on: May 12, 2021, 09:32:01 pm »
Yeah they weren't in doubt for me. Barring disaster they look safe, although they never should have been in this predicament based on strength of squad

yeah, it’s been a really poor showing in that sense. They are probabaly middle of the pack in terms of strength of squad, they really should have been at least on the outside looking in at Europa places.

Another team that has really underperformed a lot this season is Hoffenheim. But they have suffered probably as bad an injury crisis as you will see, so considering that, and a coach in his first season at this level, they do have some mitigating circumstances.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #15794 on: May 13, 2021, 12:33:47 pm »
yeah, it’s been a really poor showing in that sense. They are probabaly middle of the pack in terms of strength of squad, they really should have been at least on the outside looking in at Europa places.

Another team that has really underperformed a lot this season is Hoffenheim. But they have suffered probably as bad an injury crisis as you will see, so considering that, and a coach in his first season at this level, they do have some mitigating circumstances.
Hoffenheim probably the only side in Europe I feel sorry for with injury crises in light of our season! Entire defence has been wiped out.

Yeah given the investment and some of the names in their squad, Hertha have been trash. Europa League should've been their aim, or even to have done as well as say Frankfurt.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15795 on: May 13, 2021, 12:42:08 pm »
Hoffenheim probably the only side in Europe I feel sorry for with injury crises in light of our season! Entire defence has been wiped out.

Yeah given the investment and some of the names in their squad, Hertha have been trash. Europa League should've been their aim, or even to have done as well as say Frankfurt.

true!

It’s the first time I’ve felt anything for Hoffenheim  ;D  But it’s been ridiculous for them.

DFB Pokal final tonight between Borussia Dortmund and RB Leipzig.  It’s a classic Good vs Evil  :P

Hopefully Dortmund get the job done, their form has been very good recently. This would be a heck of a way for Edin Terzic to sign off if he can win this and get them CL qualification.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #15796 on: May 13, 2021, 12:54:35 pm »
In Bundesliga 2, a Kiel win today leaves them as the frontrunner for that 2nd promotion spot

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15797 on: May 13, 2021, 01:12:23 pm »
In Bundesliga 2, a Kiel win today leaves them as the frontrunner for that 2nd promotion spot

Going to be a big party in Kiel when (pretty sure it is when rather than if!) their promotion is confirmed! It would be their first time in Bundesliga I think? Kiel are nowhere near considered one of the best squads in 2. Bundesliga, they are overachieving someting major to do what they are doing this season.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #15798 on: May 13, 2021, 02:11:09 pm »
They finished 3rd and 6th a few seasons ago but were playing in Bundesliga 3 about four years ago. Great achievement for them

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15799 on: May 13, 2021, 07:46:49 pm »
RB Leipzig deserve to lose this final for those shirts alone  ;D