Author Topic: Draft Towers  (Read 319315 times)

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Draft Towers
« Reply #4720 on: April 29, 2021, 07:56:15 pm »
Yeah, it's a good idea and banning free transfers and one club players (Messi, Maldini, Hibbert) would ensure those types of players won't get picked.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4721 on: April 30, 2021, 12:37:31 am »
Yeah, it's a good idea and banning free transfers and one club players (Messi, Maldini, Hibbert) would ensure those types of players won't get picked.

Alternatively you could make it so the player you draft is the one who the fee was paid for. So if you want to sign Ronaldinho for example (moved to Flamengo for 3m in 2011) then you get the out of shape washed up version and not the prime Barca one. Not sure people would vote accordingly, but it would make for a pretty funny draft.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #4722 on: April 30, 2021, 10:41:35 am »
Great draft idea. Perhaps post 00s players, never moved for over £10m at any stage of their career - so discounts even those who had decent sized moves late 90s but then lesser fees later in their career?

Or Betty's idea works, you get the version of the player they were at the club they moved to.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4723 on: April 30, 2021, 10:42:48 am »
Excellent idea chaps, the brains trust strikes again  :thumbup
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4724 on: April 30, 2021, 10:57:19 am »
As usual ignoring my suggestions.  ::)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4725 on: May 3, 2021, 06:49:50 pm »
Nah on the 4 of Clubs V2 then?  :(

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #4726 on: May 3, 2021, 06:51:47 pm »
Test Cricket one.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4727 on: May 3, 2021, 08:08:50 pm »
Nah on the 4 of Clubs V2 then?  :(

Im in for it.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4728 on: May 3, 2021, 08:11:26 pm »
As usual ignoring my suggestions.  ::)
That's because you never actually participate in the fecking things!!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4729 on: May 3, 2021, 08:12:45 pm »
A man needs time away from those that he loves.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4730 on: May 4, 2021, 08:25:24 am »
Elzars idea seemed to get a lot more traction, but that 4 of clubs one is a decent back up if Elzars doesn’t get enough  :thumbup
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4731 on: May 4, 2021, 02:03:55 pm »
1 person isn't a traction.  :P

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4732 on: May 4, 2021, 02:10:57 pm »
1 person isn't a traction.  :P

Well it's more than the zero for your draft  ;D
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4733 on: May 4, 2021, 02:13:04 pm »
But mine is a franchise.  8)

We've had 4 of Clubs, 5 of Clubs and SIX, yes 6 of Clubs Draft's.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4734 on: May 4, 2021, 02:39:08 pm »
But mine is a franchise.  8)

We've had 4 of Clubs, 5 of Clubs and SIX, yes 6 of Clubs Draft's.

It's time to get more creative then. The Queen of Clubs draft. You can only draft from teams with Queen in their name -

Queens Park Rangers
Queen of the South

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #4735 on: May 4, 2021, 06:01:30 pm »
I'm out of football ones for now, so any other types i am in for, cricket even.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4736 on: May 4, 2021, 06:03:58 pm »
I'm out of football ones for now, so any other types i am in for, cricket even.

The last Test cricket draft we did I won. But that was only the start of it. Prof built some simulator that recreated all the games with full scorecards abs the works. Then did a version with all of us in the teams.

No shut up, ‘you’re’ all the nerds.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #4737 on: May 4, 2021, 06:08:00 pm »
The last Test cricket draft we did I won. But that was only the start of it. Prof built some simulator that recreated all the games with full scorecards abs the works. Then did a version with all of us in the teams.

No shut up, ‘you’re’ all the nerds.

That sounds good ;D I want to win one game, oh the stick would fly.
Y.N.W.A.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4738 on: May 4, 2021, 07:52:55 pm »
Joke of the day

- What's worse than watching Cricket?

- Doing a Cricket draft

:D

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #4739 on: May 4, 2021, 07:55:45 pm »
Joke of the day

- What's worse than watching Cricket?

- Doing a Cricket draft

You'll probably loose in that one too i guess.
Y.N.W.A.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4740 on: May 4, 2021, 07:57:13 pm »
You'll probably loose in that one too i guess.

I'd rather staple my bollocks than play it  :D

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #4741 on: May 4, 2021, 07:57:39 pm »

Fair enough.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4742 on: May 4, 2021, 08:42:26 pm »

Posted you a staple mate. Should cover both of them for you.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4743 on: May 4, 2021, 08:52:59 pm »
Posted you a staple mate. Should cover both of them for you.

You've been watching me shower as of late?  :D

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4744 on: May 4, 2021, 10:15:03 pm »
You've been watching me shower as of late?  :D

Who did you think it was?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4745 on: May 4, 2021, 10:33:31 pm »

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4746 on: May 4, 2021, 10:34:17 pm »
Samie  ;D

Would explain the bits of pita and onions all over the floor.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #4747 on: May 5, 2021, 08:36:34 am »
 Sorry not been on-

My draft idea would be:

Nobody that has moved for a fee of more than £10mill
Player has to have been transferred for a fee (no free transfers)
Players that have never moved clubs arn't pickable
Player has to have played post 2000 (willing to add a wild card of a 90s player that moved for less than 5mill if everyone wants?)

When you pick, you display the highest fee they were transferred for, then everyones squads will have their transfer value total on.

I can run it if people want, but won’t be taking part. Halpy wait for a non-football or Samie’s draft first though.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4748 on: May 5, 2021, 12:18:26 pm »
Sorry not been on-

My draft idea would be:

Player has to have played post 2000 (willing to add a wild card of a 90s player that moved for less than 5mill if everyone wants?)

When you pick, you display the highest fee they were transferred for, then everyones squads will have their transfer value total on.

I can run it if people want, but won’t be taking part. Halpy wait for a non-football or Samie’s draft first though.

Good stuff.

Can I also add my suggestion that the player you draft is the one who played for the club that paid the fee? Not just automatically the peak version. i.e. Ronaldinho (who is eligible) is the Flamengo one and not Barca.

Think it might be too easy/cheesey otherwise since lots of legends have moved around for very low fees at the end of their careers.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #4749 on: May 5, 2021, 12:27:17 pm »
Good stuff.

Can I also add my suggestion that the player you draft is the one who played for the club that paid the fee? Not just automatically the peak version. i.e. Ronaldinho (who is eligible) is the Flamengo one and not Barca.

Think it might be too easy/cheesey otherwise since lots of legends have moved around for very low fees at the end of their careers.

Absolutely, however my idea was that these players getting picked have NEVER been transferred for more than 10million. I wanted people reaching into the lower depth of players that may not have been drafted before. Or is that too difficult?
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4750 on: May 5, 2021, 12:35:02 pm »
Absolutely, however my idea was that these players getting picked have NEVER been transferred for more than 10million. I wanted people reaching into the lower depth of players that may not have been drafted before. Or is that too difficult?

Ooooooh I see! I didn't follow that at all. In that case your idea works just fine  :)  I think the more difficult the better at this point given we've drafted every other idea under the sun. Nice to see some different players get picked. There's only so many times you can watch Samie select Ruud Gullit.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4751 on: May 5, 2021, 12:55:29 pm »

We all have our fetishes mate.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #4752 on: May 5, 2021, 01:32:39 pm »
Sorry not been on-

My draft idea would be:

Its a good one Elzy...  I think you have the regulars in on this one..
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4753 on: May 5, 2021, 01:39:19 pm »
Sorry not been on-

My draft idea would be:

Question, can you pick a player based on a transfer that happened in the 90s but the player played post 2000 as well?

Or does the transfer have to occur in the 2000s?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4754 on: May 5, 2021, 02:43:55 pm »
Like the idea but gonna poo-poo Betty's idea of voting not on career peaks.  Everyone will do that anyway and hardly any of us will have seen Ronaldinho at a non-European club, for example.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4755 on: May 5, 2021, 02:57:07 pm »
Like the idea but gonna poo-poo Betty's idea of voting not on career peaks.  Everyone will do that anyway and hardly any of us will have seen Ronaldinho at a non-European club, for example.

That's always the go-to excuse, but if we keep that mentality we can never have any new types of draft ever. 

In any case, that's already been scrapped as per Elzar pointing out he meant under 10 million across their WHOLE career. So the likes of Ronaldinho will be out anyway.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4756 on: May 5, 2021, 05:17:43 pm »
Yeah I’d go with judging on that players time at the club they moved to

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4757 on: May 5, 2021, 06:49:21 pm »
In please for whatever, shit day, need a distraction this weekend please.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #4758 on: May 5, 2021, 08:37:18 pm »

I think the way I am going for the draft (no player that has had a huge transfer fee is picked), then the voting would end up career anyway. The point almost being that these players never had a huge transfer fee yet are still quality.

As you say, people never take the stage of their career in anyway when they see a name.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4759 on: May 5, 2021, 09:10:37 pm »
Just to clarify, is it that cumulative transfer fees can't above £10m or are you allowed to have, say a player that moved somewhere for £8m and then somewhere else for £6m?