Author Topic: Draft Towers  (Read 318689 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Draft Towers
« Reply #4680 on: April 16, 2021, 02:32:27 pm »
Betty can run the 4 of Clubs Draft V2 if he want's.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4681 on: April 16, 2021, 02:40:11 pm »
Took Lobo loads of drafts to get a W but it took me around 5 to get my first W. Fantasy Dinner Party drafts matter.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4682 on: April 16, 2021, 02:41:05 pm »
Took Lobo loads of drafts to get a W but it took me around 5 to get my first W. Fantasy Dinner Party drafts matter.

I've got a Survivor Series draft win mate, the holy grail. And a football one, so I'm ambidextrous.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4683 on: April 16, 2021, 02:42:03 pm »
I've got a Survivor Series draft win mate, the holy grail. And a football one, so I'm ambidextrous.

Is Survivor Series something to do with wrestling? That’s the pits. Football one I’ll give you.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4684 on: April 16, 2021, 03:06:40 pm »
I think I have by far the longest winless streak.

Probably 0-40 or something close to that by now.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4685 on: April 16, 2021, 03:23:29 pm »
I just attempted a re-count up until the present, but may have fucked up somewhere....

Sir Psycho - 23 pre 2015 + 9 more after = 32 winless drafts
Won the Footballing Duos & Partnerships draft with XabiArt in Feb 2017.
Followed by 9 more busts going solo.

El Lobo - 20 pre 2015 + 19 after = 39* drafts
Won the 2020 Summer Transfer Draft in August 2020.
*However, there was a controversial drawn final with him back sometime in 2016 which may or may not count as a win.

New entrants -

Max is on 17 with no wins (he started sometime in 2015, but has taken multiple breaks)

Tubby
got up to an impressive 26 without a football draft win until he won Max's XI Degrees of Separation Draft in July 2020
Tubby did win the Cartoon draft back in 2016 though, thanks to the Thundercats, Inspector Gadget, Samurai Jack, Terrahawks, Ox Tales, and Godzilla.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4686 on: April 16, 2021, 03:43:37 pm »

I have definitely done drafts before 2015. Maybe it was mostly cricket drafts but rare few football drafts too. I remember doing a bunch of sheep drafts and transfer drafts circa 2012

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4687 on: April 16, 2021, 04:22:09 pm »
Well seeing those streaks, I'm glad I got my 1 draft title.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4688 on: April 16, 2021, 04:22:52 pm »
I just attempted a re-count up until the present, but may have fucked up somewhere....

*However, there was a controversial drawn final with him back sometime in 2016 which may or may not count as a win.

New entrants -

Max is on 17 with no wins (he started sometime in 2015, but has taken multiple breaks)

Tubby
got up to an impressive 26 without a football draft win until he won Max's XI Degrees of Separation Draft in July 2020
Tubby did win the Cartoon draft back in 2016 though, thanks to the Thundercats, Inspector Gadget, Samurai Jack, Terrahawks, Ox Tales, and Godzilla.

Ahhh excellent, so 2 footy wins AND a rassling one. I dont deal in technikalitehs Betty.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #4689 on: April 16, 2021, 04:36:15 pm »

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4690 on: April 16, 2021, 04:39:13 pm »

New entrants -

Tubby

Btw, I only chose 15 draft losses as my tentative estimate since I have been drafting for about 3 years (and about 5 drafts per year) --- although I did have a banned period so I am not sure if 15 is exact...

Gonna have to do a lot more losing if I am going to win the honor of KING OF THE LOSERS!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 04:44:45 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4691 on: April 16, 2021, 04:44:10 pm »
Has anyone ever run the "the biggest losers draft"?   Where the goal is to draft the absolute worst players ever in the history of the game?

Would be fun to see who people think was the worst of the worst.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4692 on: April 16, 2021, 04:45:55 pm »
Has anyone ever run the "the biggest losers draft"?   Where the goal is to draft the absolute worst players ever in the history of the game?

Would be fun to see who people think was the worst of the worst.

I'm sure we did one along those lines....and that Jordan Tremenderson/Klippety Klopp guy used it as a recurring them through one of his many profiles whenever he drafted

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4693 on: April 16, 2021, 04:48:48 pm »
Lobo I ain't counting that drawn final as a "win" Hell Naw!

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4694 on: April 16, 2021, 04:51:29 pm »
Lobo I ain't counting that drawn final as a "win" Hell Naw!

You're no longer in the drafting fraternity anyway after shitting out of Trends last draft, so your opinion is as valid as AWWYCs  8)

I'll have it as an asterix like the old shared Charity Shields

2* football draft wins plus 1 rassling

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4695 on: April 16, 2021, 04:56:47 pm »
I AM THE DRAFTING FRATERNITY!

Also just like the Charity Shield you're becoming obsolete too mate.  :P

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4696 on: April 16, 2021, 05:07:15 pm »
I have definitely done drafts before 2015. Maybe it was mostly cricket drafts but rare few football drafts too. I remember doing a bunch of sheep drafts and transfer drafts circa 2012

Aha, interesting. If I can be arsed I'll do another count of the pre-2015 drafts to find out your true number of defeats.

I AM THE DRAFTING FRATERNITY!

Also just like the Charity Shield you're becoming obsolete too mate.  :P

I'm all about the Coca-Cola Cup personally.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4697 on: April 16, 2021, 05:47:00 pm »
I’ve won football, cricket and rugby drafts on here. I’m an all rounder. A Beefy Botham. A Daley Thompson. All round guru.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4698 on: April 16, 2021, 06:30:46 pm »
You guys ever done a pro family draft?    You would only have 5 rounds of drafting + 1 Wildcard pick at the end.

1. Father-son 
2. Grandfather-son
3. Twin or fraternal brothers
4. Brother-sister (women's national team),
5. Uncle-nephew

Might get some really interesting combo's and you have to start each member of the family regardless if one was shite and the other was worldly...
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #4699 on: April 16, 2021, 08:58:26 pm »
I'm starting one so if anyone wants in let me know in the thread, all year waiting on you lot to decide ;D
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #4700 on: April 16, 2021, 08:59:41 pm »
Plus i was in the original and very first Draft, can anyone else cliam that in here now?

Newbies.

(BTW who started it all of way back when?)
Y.N.W.A.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4701 on: April 16, 2021, 09:12:53 pm »
Plus i was in the original and very first Draft, can anyone else cliam that in here now?

Newbies.

(BTW who started it all of way back when?)

Ahhh the days of you and Bobby sending each other telegrams picking Henry Renny-Tailyour and Reginald de Courtenay Welch

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #4702 on: April 16, 2021, 09:21:44 pm »
Ahhh the days of you and Bobby sending each other telegrams picking Henry Renny-Tailyour and Reginald de Courtenay Welch

Ahh the memories.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #4703 on: April 16, 2021, 09:31:15 pm »
Thread started if anyone is arsed ;D
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4704 on: April 16, 2021, 09:39:44 pm »
I'm on a sabbatical grandad.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #4705 on: April 16, 2021, 09:41:45 pm »
I'm on a sabbatical grandad.

Bonus.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #4706 on: April 17, 2021, 11:59:58 am »
Y.N.W.A.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4707 on: April 23, 2021, 04:41:12 pm »
More ideas for smaller drafts lads -- these are really fun.

Let's do a Betty draft.   You can only pick players that you have never drafted before.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #4708 on: April 23, 2021, 05:09:34 pm »

I don't think I have won a football draft, but a Survivor Series win with Hulk Hogan on my team surely puts me top of the leaderboard.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4709 on: April 23, 2021, 05:17:14 pm »
How about a winner's winners draft ---

Only those with 5 or more wins is eligible - but everyone in the community votes.

In honor of ESL - we call the Top 6 draft -- top 6 draft winners plus 2-4 hangers on compete for the Biggest Winner Award

As someone aiming for being the winningest- biggest loser, I'll run it :)
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #4710 on: April 23, 2021, 05:57:09 pm »
I have won 3 i think.
Y.N.W.A.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4711 on: April 23, 2021, 07:24:39 pm »
I have won 3 i think.

Betty will have a list I think maybe we could use that....  want to see the best of the best of pick some teams now after a year long bender of drafts :)

Maybe there are not as many as 6 or 8?  Maybe Sarge, you are right at the top?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #4712 on: April 23, 2021, 07:28:29 pm »
Betty will have a list I think maybe we could use that....  want to see the best of the best of pick some teams now after a year long bender of drafts :)

Maybe there are not as many as 6 or 8?  Maybe Sarge, you are right at the top?

We did a ton before they became popular as they are so the first lot may not be recorded, Gaa, Rugby in them too.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4713 on: April 24, 2021, 04:04:24 pm »
4 of Clubs Version 2.0 lads.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #4714 on: April 24, 2021, 04:27:49 pm »
So when all your teams are done forward them to me by PM, thsnks.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4715 on: April 24, 2021, 06:39:40 pm »
Right next draft 4 of Clubs v2. We'll go with:

Real Madrid
Juventus
Ajax
Borussia Dortmund

Same rules apply from the previous version. All players will be judged on their times and what they won at these said clubs.  If a player you chose played for more than one of these clubs then we judge them on the club you chose him for. 

All clubs must be represented in your selected XI.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #4716 on: April 25, 2021, 08:25:14 pm »

Is that French for gobshite?
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #4717 on: April 29, 2021, 05:44:52 pm »
Right next draft 4 of Clubs v2. We'll go with:

Real Madrid
Juventus
Ajax
Borussia Dortmund

Same rules apply from the previous version. All players will be judged on their times and what they won at these said clubs.  If a player you chose played for more than one of these clubs then we judge them on the club you chose him for. 

All clubs must be represented in your selected XI.

:wave

I just thought of a "Multi Million Pound fuck yourself draft"

No players that have been signed anytime in their career for more than £10 mill - Post 00's players only.

Just to see what teams people come up with

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4718 on: April 29, 2021, 07:20:04 pm »

No players that have been signed anytime in their career for more than £10 mill - Post 00's players only.

Elz - that is a fantastic idea.   You gonna run it?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4719 on: April 29, 2021, 07:54:05 pm »

I think it's a lot easier than it seems because of old fuckers moving for low fees at the end of their career. For example you can get pretty much any Brazilian of the 90s/00s that way. Maybe you could ban free transfers? That would help get closer to the draft I think you're aiming for.