Author Topic: Homeland - now finished in the States - here be spoilers  (Read 122310 times)

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Homeland
« Reply #1200 on: May 13, 2018, 11:26:07 pm »
Watched the last 2 episodes tonight.

I have to say this has been the weakest season so far.

I found this season to predictable,and a lack of Dar Adal and Quinn hurt this season.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #1201 on: May 14, 2018, 10:00:24 pm »
Finally watched the last 2 episodes. What an incredibly disappointing season this has been, easily the weakest. Did the main writers leave or something?

Normally, it's always leading up to something - normally a terrorist attack - and it's up to Carrie and Saul to stop it. The season didn't really have that throughout, meaning the tension wasn't quite there. I honestly couldn't give a shit if...

Spoiler
...the President was de-throned or Simone was caught. It was all so meh. And the whole situation with Carrie and her daughter was ham-fisted to say the least. And the ending, with Carrie being handed over by the Russian, 7 months without her medication was almost funny it was so bad.
[close]

But, it seems I'm pretty much alone in this opinion as all I've read is compliments to the finale and the season as a whole.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1202 on: May 14, 2018, 10:43:04 pm »
Finally watched the last 2 episodes. What an incredibly disappointing season this has been, easily the weakest. Did the main writers leave or something?

Normally, it's always leading up to something - normally a terrorist attack - and it's up to Carrie and Saul to stop it. The season didn't really have that throughout, meaning the tension wasn't quite there. I honestly couldn't give a shit if...

Spoiler
...the President was de-throned or Simone was caught. It was all so meh. And the whole situation with Carrie and her daughter was ham-fisted to say the least. And the ending, with Carrie being handed over by the Russian, 7 months without her medication was almost funny it was so bad.
[close]

But, it seems I'm pretty much alone in this opinion as all I've read is compliments to the finale and the season as a whole.

Agree this was by far the weakest.

It was so poor.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1203 on: May 15, 2018, 01:02:27 pm »
Ive quite enjoyed the series, (its called a series)   however I thought the ending was rubbish and tarnished the series as whole. Homeland will usually be a slow burner leading upto something, but there wasn't really a something.

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #1204 on: May 15, 2018, 03:47:33 pm »
Still enjoy watching this but agree it's probably the weakest season so far. Surprised at the praise it's been getting (e.g. Guardian).

Next one is the last one - hope it's set outside the US again. More on Russia, or perhaps Israel/Iran would be good.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1205 on: May 17, 2018, 11:24:19 pm »
Still enjoy watching this but agree it's probably the weakest season so far. Surprised at the praise it's been getting (e.g. Guardian).

Next one is the last one - hope it's set outside the US again. More on Russia, or perhaps Israel/Iran would be good.

What so the next series is the last ever?

Needs to be

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1206 on: February 25, 2020, 10:36:46 pm »
Been a very good return.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1207 on: March 2, 2020, 01:49:57 pm »
Been a very good return.

Agree with this- been an interesting start to the series.

Have no idea what will happen but think releasing his son and him linking with the ISI will have bad repercussions for Max on the Afghan border

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #1208 on: March 2, 2020, 04:40:00 pm »
Been a very good return.

Been nice of Homeland is to script the ACTUAL NEWS.

I expect somewhere Saul is responsible for the deal the Taliban have concocted with the current US government!
Release of prisoners is a talking point, Homeland really has its finger on the pulse!
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1209 on: March 5, 2020, 10:42:48 pm »
Has been very good return. Shame it's the last.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1210 on: March 7, 2020, 03:36:51 am »
Last episode just chucked a hand grenade at the story. Shit's hit the fan. Entertaining stuff.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1211 on: April 21, 2020, 11:09:50 pm »
Been really good. Addictive viewing.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1212 on: April 24, 2020, 11:48:08 am »
I think it’s been great. Only the last ep to go for me.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #1213 on: April 26, 2020, 05:14:57 pm »
I’m up to date now after rewatching

I have to say weirdly after watching it all again, Carrie is fucking unbearable. I didn’t catch that first time round of at least not as much

Non stop crying and disobeying people and not explaining why she’s doing things when she clearly could to make herself look not guilty
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1214 on: April 27, 2020, 10:53:01 am »
Yep, she’s a pain in the arse. I’ve disliked her for quite some time.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
Re: Homeland - now finished in the States - here be spoilers
« Reply #1215 on: April 27, 2020, 08:01:36 pm »
Yep, she’s a pain in the arse. I’ve disliked her for quite some time.

I don't think we are supposed to like her to be honest, she is someone who is obsessive about her work and does whatever she has to get what she believes is the right thing done, no matter what the consequences of that are for herself and others around her (including her kid). Her illness makes her even less 'likeable' because it makes her even more obsessive and even more irrational, so as the viewer you think WTF are you doing but in her own mind she is just doing what she has to.

I think the finale tied things up nicely but I'm glad it is over, not sure I would have committed anymore time to it after this season.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 12:31:45 am by blacksun »

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1216 on: April 29, 2020, 12:25:02 am »
I liked the last episode but saw the ending coming. I know they say they’re done with it, Danes in particular but I bet it’s back within 5yrs or so.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1217 on: April 29, 2020, 12:31:23 am »
I liked the last episode but saw the ending coming. I know they say they’re done with it, Danes in particular but I bet it’s back within 5yrs or so.

I dunno its been bleeding viewers for a few seasons, people did come back to watch this when they announced this would be the end. Not sure you pull that many back if you go back on that.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1218 on: April 29, 2020, 12:35:25 pm »
Enjoyed the series as a whole but didn't think the last season was as good as the rest. One thing that bugged me in final episode

Spoiler
why didnt the agent Scott shoot the Russian guys after Anna, there were only two of them on the other side of the door
[close]

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1219 on: April 30, 2020, 05:48:42 pm »
Enjoyed the series as a whole but didn't think the last season was as good as the rest. One thing that bugged me in final episode

Spoiler
why didnt the agent Scott shoot the Russian guys after Anna, there were only two of them on the other side of the door
[close]

Spoiler
Yeah that bugged me too, they were in the US so there's no way Russians would get into a gunfight with a high ranking US official on US soil
[close]

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1220 on: April 30, 2020, 06:27:08 pm »
Spoiler
Yeah that bugged me too, they were in the US so there's no way Russians would get into a gunfight with a high ranking US official on US soil
[close]

Not just on US soil, it was in the United Nations building wasn't it?

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1221 on: April 30, 2020, 09:10:18 pm »
Starting the final season tonight to binge this week in time for the finale.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1222 on: April 30, 2020, 10:04:22 pm »
Ending was very meh.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1223 on: May 3, 2020, 10:20:07 pm »
I enjoyed the ending, seemed quite fitting

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1224 on: May 3, 2020, 10:30:00 pm »
Excellent ending very fitting

called it with 20 left Mind

Jurgen Klopp

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1225 on: May 3, 2020, 10:33:14 pm »

I don't think we are supposed to like her to be honest, she is someone who is obsessive about her work and does whatever she has to get what she believes is the right thing done, no matter what the consequences of that are for herself and others around her (including her kid). Her illness makes her even less 'likeable' because it makes her even more obsessive and even more irrational, so as the viewer you think WTF are you doing but in her own mind she is just doing what she has to.

I think the finale tied things up nicely but I'm glad it is over, not sure I would have committed anymore time to it after this season.

I was rooting for her up until Quinn appeared

Then she slowly started getting in my tits probably cos he was so much better a character

That crying chin thing pushes me over the edge

Jurgen Klopp

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1226 on: May 9, 2020, 11:41:40 am »
Fitting ending and a much better season than the previous couple. With this and The Affair, it seems Showtime are finally learning how to give shows a decent ending.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2020, 11:43:12 am by LallanaInPyjamas »

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1227 on: May 10, 2020, 12:29:02 am »
Just finished it tonight.

Bittersweet ending.

A show that had it's up and down seasons,  but when it had those ups it was fantastic viewing.

Decent season, sad to see it finished.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1228 on: July 9, 2020, 01:44:42 pm »
Finished this show yesterday after bingeing the last 4 seasons during the pandemic.

Last season was a bit of a return to form after the heavy handed political commentary of season 7. I quite liked the ending. Glad the daughter wasn't involved in s8 because Carrie's wanton disregard for her safety was making me genuinely angry.

Dunno if anyone else has made the point, but Saul must be the worst spy in history. Someone who manages to get seized and bundled into a truck 50 times in 100 episodes of TV would never have survived East Germany. :D

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #1229 on: April 29, 2021, 12:19:11 pm »
Finished this last night, with the final season having arrived on UK Netflix a month or two ago.

Must have watched the first four seasons on a sort of one-a-year-ish basis, and then took a gap, because I've watched 5-8 in the last 12-15 months.

Enjoyed it overall - definitely a couple of times when it took a bit of a lull and strayed away from being a tense & involving series into something a bit more akin to an entertaining no-brainer, but solid enough and I'm glad I stuck with it.  Plenty of memorable moments throughout, and I think they did a good job with the final season (even if that sort of coda-style ending can always seem a little jarring).

Glad they've drawn it to a close for now, and inclined to think that should be it for it as a series.  Wouldn't have anything against it coming back as some sort of tight 'special' - a film of a three-part thing, for example.