Author Topic: The small things in life that really hannoy  (Read 2549818 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The small things in life that really hannoy.
« Reply #32080 on: September 15, 2021, 10:47:01 pm »
At what point did a living room become a 'snug'?

No fucker on Grand Designs ever has a living room, always a snug and there's never a telly to point their furniture towards.

Posh twats.

The Snug was the front room in my Nans house when I was a kid, the living room was just the living room
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #32081 on: September 15, 2021, 10:47:19 pm »
Where I live (Tyneside) we say "Sitting room" . . . . only stuck up, posh fuckers call it the lounge.  As for "snug" isn't that where Ena Sharples went in to have a bottle of milk stout?

The 'sitting room' is that room in your Nan's house which was kept immaculate just in case an important visitor (in her case the Parish Priest) turned up and, as a kid, you weren't allowed to enter. Everything was highly polished and the chairs had lace anti Macassars on the back.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32082 on: September 15, 2021, 10:47:44 pm »
Where I live (Tyneside) we say "Sitting room" . . . . only stuck up, posh fuckers call it the lounge.  As for "snug" isn't that where Ena Sharples went in to have a bottle of milk stout?

Yeah the snug was also a small room in a pub
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32083 on: September 15, 2021, 11:08:23 pm »
The 'sitting room' is that room in your Nan's house which was kept immaculate just in case an important visitor (in her case the Parish Priest) turned up and, as a kid, you weren't allowed to enter. Everything was highly polished and the chairs had lace anti Macassars on the back.
My Nana used to call her kitchen "The Scullery".

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #32084 on: September 15, 2021, 11:37:53 pm »
It's called a parlour .

Bon Nuit .
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #32085 on: September 16, 2021, 12:43:27 am »

So did mine.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32086 on: September 16, 2021, 07:45:50 am »
It's called a parlour .

Bon Nuit .

Thank you for waking up my tired confused mind, yes it's the parlour, I remember my nan saying that now.

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #32087 on: September 16, 2021, 10:26:53 am »

Mine called hers 'the back kitchen'.

She grew up in a house where the back kitchen was where you prepared your food and the kitchen was where you ate it.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32088 on: September 16, 2021, 02:10:47 pm »

She grew up in a house where the back kitchen was where you prepared your food and the kitchen was where you ate it.

We only had a back kitchen. Until we got a small dining set we mostly ate dinner in the living room.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32089 on: September 16, 2021, 02:31:46 pm »
We only had a back kitchen. Until we got a small dining set we mostly ate dinner in the living room.

My Ma called ours the back kitchen even though, with it being Tower Hill, it was at the front of the house. Confusing as a kid that was.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32090 on: September 16, 2021, 03:45:40 pm »
It's called a parlour .

Bon Nuit .

Just noticed Paul's post above and I remembered the 'parlour' last night.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #32091 on: September 16, 2021, 05:44:52 pm »

We had a 'back kitchen' where the food was cooked, and a 'front kitchen' which was really the living room; haven't got a clue why the living room was called the front kitchen  ???
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #32092 on: September 16, 2021, 06:05:36 pm »
I've never heard of 'front kitchen' but our kitchen was always the 'back kitchen'. My Nan's was 'the scullery'.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32093 on: September 16, 2021, 07:46:39 pm »
It's called a parlour .

Bon Nuit .
Thank you for waking up my tired confused mind, yes it's the parlour, I remember my nan saying that now.

Just noticed Paul's post above and I remembered the 'parlour' last night.
I only know the word "Parlour" from an old song, I think it goes something like "If you're Irish, come into the parlour"

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #32094 on: September 16, 2021, 08:35:32 pm »
We only had a back kitchen.

Thats what my Grandma had in Walton. I think most of those houses have the kitchen at the back down a step from the living room.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #32095 on: September 16, 2021, 08:37:49 pm »
Harry and fucking Meghan.

'We just want to be left alone to live a normal life'.

Then they are now on the front page of Time magazine in a picture they posed for. I like Harry and don't have too many issues with Meghan, but fucks sake, whatever good will I had for Harry as he seems a decent guy is starting to wear thin.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32096 on: September 16, 2021, 09:41:51 pm »

Then they are now on the front page of Time magazine in a picture they posed for. I like Harry and don't have too many issues with Meghan, but fucks sake, whatever good will I had for Harry as he seems a decent guy is starting to wear thin.
They probably need the cash. They'll be recording a Christmas album next.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32097 on: September 16, 2021, 10:13:50 pm »
Thats what my Grandma had in Walton. I think most of those houses have the kitchen at the back down a step from the living room.

It's a mix and match. My nan had a "parlour" which was effectively just a front living room, but she spent most of her time in the rear one. My other nan had a front room and a dining room, with the kitchen off to the side. My aunt had a front room but when my mum took us to visit when we were little, they almost always just sat in the back kitchen, which had a dining set.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #32098 on: September 16, 2021, 11:05:06 pm »
It's a mix and match. My nan had a "parlour" which was effectively just a front living room, but she spent most of her time in the rear one.

Verbiage... ;D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32099 on: September 16, 2021, 11:09:38 pm »

Technically you didn't receive it, then.

Demand a refund for undelivered goods, then sell the L jacket, then buy an XL one from another company that aren't dickheads.

its an appealing thought however I had it delivered to me mam's because I was in work so I'm not gonna put her in the middle some investigation type shit.
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32100 on: September 17, 2021, 12:24:44 am »

What exactly does he know about living a normal life?

Online Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32101 on: September 17, 2021, 10:25:40 am »
These so called auditors who go online to film themselves antagonising police officers, prison officers and security guards etc..,just to get a reaction so they can put it online. They are absolute cretins.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32102 on: September 17, 2021, 11:06:01 am »
These so called auditors who go online to film themselves antagonising police officers, prison officers and security guards etc..,just to get a reaction so they can put it online. They are absolute cretins.

And no doubt demanding their 'right to liberty'.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #32103 on: September 17, 2021, 12:59:23 pm »
I've just accidentally deleted all open Chrome tabs on my Android phone.

These go back a year, and I just keep them open to refer back to at some later point (research stuff, recipes, sites of interest I've stumbled on, that sort of thing). Probably about a thousand tabs over 50 or so windows.

All gone. No 'are you sure you want to do this?' prompt.

Figured there'd be a way of recovering.

No.

Searched everywhere online and found that many people have complained but Google just shrug their shoulders for what should be an easy fix.

Wankers.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32104 on: September 17, 2021, 01:13:22 pm »
I've just accidentally deleted all open Chrome tabs on my Android phone.

These go back a year, and I just keep them open to refer back to at some later point (research stuff, recipes, sites of interest I've stumbled on, that sort of thing). Probably about a thousand tabs over 50 or so windows.

All gone. No 'are you sure you want to do this?' prompt.

Figured there'd be a way of recovering.

No.

Searched everywhere online and found that many people have complained but Google just shrug their shoulders for what should be an easy fix.

Wankers.

This is what Bookmarks are for. Honestly I am amazed you managed to keep tabs open for that long without losing them - it really is not what it is designed for.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32105 on: September 17, 2021, 01:27:51 pm »
As someone in IT....

1. People who keep a million tabs open
2. People who misuse technology and then complain it isn't working the way they want it to work rather than the way it was designed to work

;) :P

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #32106 on: September 17, 2021, 01:38:13 pm »
IT know alls. :D

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32107 on: September 17, 2021, 01:52:13 pm »
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32108 on: September 17, 2021, 02:13:43 pm »
As someone in IT....

1. People who keep a million tabs open
2. People who misuse technology and then complain it isn't working the way they want it to work rather than the way it was designed to work

;) :P

PICNIC

:lmao

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32109 on: September 17, 2021, 02:30:50 pm »
PICNIC

Ooooh, look at the IT geeky twats ganging together.

:tosser :lmao

(and bookmarks are shite)

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32110 on: September 17, 2021, 02:37:15 pm »

Ooooh, look at the IT geeky twats ganging together.

:tosser :lmao

(and bookmarks are shite)

:missus

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32112 on: September 17, 2021, 03:33:33 pm »
PICNIC

I always knew that one as PEBKAC.

Problem exists between keyboard and chair.

Or the nerdier "Layer 8" issue.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #32113 on: September 17, 2021, 04:13:49 pm »
I'm in Chester for my sins - the town time forgot - and went some old pub

Old pot bellied lout commented on me ordering Strongbow Dark Fruit

"Do you drink that because you're a poof?"* *

Some people love this city but tell you what, thought the Lord Mayor was out of order this time.

* I'm a 5'11 slaphead with a mountain man beard and glasses, today wore a trenchcoat. I. Am. Liberace.
Short answer yes, anyway

* Wouldn't drink doubles of whisky with me buying. Have gone on Trooper. I don't like Iron Maiden but feel it will lead to fewer questions about my lesbianism. Though, lads, be honest - you wish you was a teenage lesbian too.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 04:15:57 pm by ToneLa »

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32114 on: September 17, 2021, 04:27:24 pm »

"Do you drink that because you're a poof?"* *

Some people love this city but tell you what, thought the Lord Mayor was out of order this time.

* I'm a 5'11 slaphead with a mountain man beard and glasses, today wore a trenchcoat. I. Am. Liberace.
Short answer yes, anyway

* Wouldn't drink doubles of whisky with me buying. Have gone on Trooper. I don't like Iron Maiden but feel it will lead to fewer questions about my lesbianism. Though, lads, be honest - you wish you was a teenage lesbian too.

What an arsehole. You find them everywhere. My mate once got thrown out of a pub in Leeds for asking for a lager top. The landlord said "you can fuck off mate, we dont serve cocktails in here"

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32115 on: September 17, 2021, 04:27:26 pm »
I always knew that one as PEBKAC.

Problem exists between keyboard and chair.

Or the nerdier "Layer 8" issue.

I'd not heard that, only heard Problem In Chair Not In Computer

While this actually isn't true, its does demonstrate the kind of stupidity IT desks deal with on a daily basis

Following is the contents of a conversation between a client and a
representative of Word Perfect support desk.
This is a genuine text, from a record of a telephony system.
The client support employee has been fired, and the client is
now prosecuting the company for insulting and not providing support
according to the contract between them:

"WordPerfect Technical Desk, may I help you?"

"Yes, well, I'm having trouble with WordPerfect."

"What sort of trouble?"

"Well, I was typing along, and all of a sudden the words went away."

"Went away?"

"They disappeared."

"Hmm. So what does your screen look like now?"

"Nothing."

"Nothing."

"It's blank; it won't accept anything that I type."

"Are you still in WordPerfect, or did you get out?"

"How do I tell?"

"Can you see the C: prompt on the screen?"

"What's a sea-prompt?"

"Never mind. Can you move the cursor around on the screen?"

"There isn't any cursor. I told you, it won't accept anything I type!"

"Does your monitor have a power indicator?"

"What's a monitor?"

"It's the thing with the screen on it that looks like a TV. Does it have a
little light that tells you when it's on?"

"I don't know."

"Well, then look on the back of the monitor and find where the power cord
goes into it. Can you see that?"

"Yes, I think so."

"Great. Follow the cord to the plug, and tell me if it's plugged into the
wall."

"......Yes, it is."

"When you were behind the monitor, did you notice that there were two cables
plugged into the back of it not just one?"

"No."

"Well, there are. I need you to look back there again and find the other
cable."

"......Okay, here it is."

Follow it for me, and tell me if it's plugged securely into the back of the
computer."

"I can't reach."

"Uh-huh. Well, can you see if it is?"

"No."

"Even if you put your knee on something and lean way over?"

"Oh, it's not because I don't have the right angle. It's because it's dark."

"Dark?"

"Yes, the office light is off, and the only light I have is coming in from
the window."

"Well, turn on the office light then."

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"Because there's a power outage."

"A power outage? Aha, Okay, we've got it licked now. Do you still have the
boxes and manuals and packing stuff your computer came it?"

"Well, yes. I keep them in the closet."

"Good. Go get them, and unplug your system and pack it up just like it was
when you got it. Then take it back to the store you bought it from."

"Really? Is it that bad?"

"Yes, I'm afraid it is."

"Well, all right then. What do I tell them?"

"Tell them you're too fucking stupid to own a computer."

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32116 on: September 17, 2021, 04:45:35 pm »
What an arsehole. You find them everywhere. My mate once got thrown out of a pub in Leeds for asking for a lager top. The landlord said "you can fuck off mate, we dont serve cocktails in here"

:D that's really funny in a way.

Just... The landlord?

Maybe the profit margins of Fosters are through the fucking roof and he can sneer at the 10p additions of lemo

Ain't my money going on it though. I almost wish it was fine wine snobs or vodka connoisseurs.

If yer Leeds landlord there I met, was trying to convert me to the ways of the German purity law with a proper braü I wouldn't moan you know.

They're just invariably Carling drinking tossers who couldn't get a ride of any persuasion in a condemned knocking shop on their last day with fifty squid notes wrapped round their lad & seasoned with MDMA crumbles

Ah, I'm only killings time til my lesbian girlfriend knocks off work. She drinks the fucking pink Magners. HE WAS RIGHT
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 04:48:29 pm by ToneLa »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32117 on: September 17, 2021, 04:50:36 pm »

Out of interest what pub was it?

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32118 on: September 17, 2021, 05:11:02 pm »
Out of interest what pub was it?

The Cross Foxes

I met those who are cross, but zero Foxes

Fav pub there is the Brewery Tap. I blame only myself!

To be fair the barman jumped in saying he drank it himself. It was on tap!

Dead, bleak boozer. I love this sort of pub in Liverpool
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 05:13:32 pm by ToneLa »

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32119 on: September 17, 2021, 05:52:41 pm »

"Do you drink that because you're a poof?"

"No, just to differentiate myself from fucknugget cockfaces like you"