Author Topic: Sefton Park  (Read 126709 times)

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Sefton Park
« Reply #400 on: March 18, 2021, 08:15:44 am »
No idea why they don’t shut the uni

Oooh, about ten thousand jobs (including mine), one of the largest employers in the city. Might be a reason.

Or just lay us all off then eh.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #401 on: March 18, 2021, 09:54:05 am »
I was wandering back from Lidl with a four pack of guinness around 5.30pm.  Wondered what the helicopter was doing out.

Iam surprised you found guiness . It took me four attempts and had to settle for the original and not the draft.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: March 18, 2021, 10:00:15 am »
Oooh, about ten thousand jobs (including mine), one of the largest employers in the city. Might be a reason.

Or just lay us all off then eh.

I make decent money off the lazy fuckers especially on a day like today when they'll all be hungover  ;D I was sitting by the cricket yesterday and about 50 of them came to sit there after being moved on from the park. The plod came over and spoke to me and were surprisingly in good spirits and one asked me for a can. The spoke to the studes too and said to them just don't stay out for long or something.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #403 on: March 18, 2021, 01:30:59 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-56442201

Look at the mess the scruffy fuckers have left for other people to clean up.

But at least the local residents have a sense of community.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: March 18, 2021, 03:07:34 pm »
does anyone know if any of the students were thrown to the grown by 2-3-4 officers and had their hands handcuffed behind their backs and carted off to the local station for breaking covid restrictions?

or do the police only do that to women holding vigils for other murdered women

c*nts should have been giving a fucking kicking for this.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 03:10:02 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: March 18, 2021, 09:46:03 pm »

Exactly mate.

But as long as people are earning off them it’s sound. It’s not like there’s a fucking pandemic on.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #406 on: March 18, 2021, 10:10:35 pm »
No idea why they don’t shut the uni and the halls and all the student lets, and fuck these brainless selfish pricks off to whichever part of the country they’re from.

Utter gobshites.

All of them?

The 50 or so I engaged with at work today were brilliant, talented, young students, and had some local employers very keen to find out more about them.

Perhaps they should fuck of the Life Sciences and Engineering students first - maybe everyone associated with the School of Tropical Medicine too.  Pity they couldn't send the Medics packing last spring too, come to think of it, before lots of them were expedited into health care roles months in advance of graduating - the bastards.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 10:19:30 pm by jackh »

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: March 19, 2021, 06:43:38 pm »

They are kids mate .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: March 19, 2021, 06:49:53 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-56442201

Look at the mess the scruffy fuckers have left for other people to clean up.

But at least the local residents have a sense of community.

It's nothing more than what is left after any ' gathering ' in the park though . I was in the park early the next morning and it I'd say it was fuck all compared to what I've seen say on a day after a Bank Holiday for example .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #409 on: March 20, 2021, 07:24:42 am »
People will always love jumping down studies throats in this city. But if you see some of the videos there is more then a few Scousers in there as well.

It might be frustrating to see in a pandemic, and especialyl when others are abiding by the rules. And there is no excuse for litter....although again locals are hardly any better for it after big events.

As far as outdoor transmission goes, it is worth pointing back to this:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/19/how-the-beach-super-spreader-myth-can-inform-uks-future-covid-response

Everyone loved getting outraged about the ´mass´ beach visits (or indeed our title celebrations). Yet not a single Covid outbreak was linked to any of them. Outdoor transmission in well ventelated areas is vanishingly rare.

I am not saying that just gives people a free pass. But asking for students to get a kicking by the bizzies is pretty OTT

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: March 20, 2021, 02:22:48 pm »
People will always love jumping down studies throats in this city. But if you see some of the videos there is more then a few Scousers in there as well.

It might be frustrating to see in a pandemic, and especialyl when others are abiding by the rules. And there is no excuse for litter....although again locals are hardly any better for it after big events.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/19/how-the-beach-super-spreader-myth-can-inform-uks-future-covid-response

Everyone loved getting outraged about the ´mass´ beach visits (or indeed our title celebrations). Yet not a single Covid outbreak was linked to any of them. Outdoor transmission in well ventelated areas is vanishingly rare.

I am not saying that just gives people a free pass. But asking for students to get a kicking by the bizzies is pretty OTT

Great post.

In the surrounding areas of the park especially Smithdown there's a high student population especially students from the North of Ireland. What did people expect them to do on St Patricks Day ? Stay indoors and bake cakes ?

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #411 on: March 20, 2021, 04:24:37 pm »
Great post.

In the surrounding areas of the park especially Smithdown there's a high student population especially students from the North of Ireland. What did people expect them to do on St Patricks Day ? Stay indoors and bake cakes ?

yes! those 'special' cakes
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: March 20, 2021, 06:26:02 pm »

I fully get there is low transmission risks, my problem is they broke the law, while everyone else is sticking to it, so we can get out of this fucking lockdown, its a year now and we have at least another 2 months of it. I'm sick to fucking death of c*nts in this country who think the lockdown rules don't apply to them, people are killing themselves because they can't take any more. I haven't seen my stepdad since December 2019, he lives 40 miles away so unless I break the rules on travel, I can't see him and I'm fucking sick of it.

Great post.

How about staying in and doing what is right, like the other 67 fucking million? Fucking c*nts.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: March 20, 2021, 07:31:32 pm »

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #414 on: March 20, 2021, 11:05:38 pm »
Hopefully puts the end to any more attempts to build on park land;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-56447598

I was over on Friday and parked at Clarke gardens and walked through to Allerton Towers. These are jewels which need protecting,

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #415 on: March 21, 2021, 06:06:39 am »
I fully get there are low transmission risks; my problem is they broke the law while everyone else is sticking to it, so we can get out of this fucking lockdown, its a year now, and we have at least another 2 months of it. I'm sick to fucking death of c*nts in this country who think the lockdown rules don't apply to them; people are killing themselves because they can't take any more. I haven't seen my stepdad since December 2019, he lives 40 miles away so unless I break the rules on travel, I can't see him and I'm fucking sick of it.

How about staying in and doing what is right, like the other 67 fucking million? Fucking c*nts.

Spot on, mate.. their selfish twats, lost my auntie to Covid, she died in Arrow Park hospital, and my mate from work died in Dubai after a site visit to Saudi Arabia; he leaves a wife and two lads.

The rest of us follow the fucking rules, it's shit, and yes, it's hard, it is harder for my aunty and my mate Dave... they are fucking dead.

Also, the scruffy fuckers have no excuses for the fucking mess they left behind for others to clean up; from the age of five my kids knew not to drop litter on the streets and in parks, all of us know that basic rule.

12 months of loss and stress only for these fuckers to decide their not part of the city and its fight, along with the rest of the country, to contain this fucking virus.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 06:21:13 am by kopite321 »
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: March 21, 2021, 10:13:04 am »
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: March 30, 2021, 09:16:50 pm »
space cakes

Ah yes ,  one of them .

Anyway ..

I see the students were up to their usual mischief today . 

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #418 on: March 31, 2021, 12:29:17 am »
Ah yes ,  one of them .

Anyway ..

I see the students were up to their usual mischief today .

It was horrible in the park today. We went over to feed the squirrels and birds but everywhere we went there were lads pissing up trees and women squatting and pissing behind even the sparsest of bushes.

There was still mayhem, with screaming, shouting, bottles smashing and general arseholery after 9pm tonight. Litter everywhere too. Loads of students, but also loads of Scousers in there too. Also, the weather brought the quad bike, electric bike, scrambler bike and souped up car gobshites out in force too. Twats tearing through crowds at high speed on the paths. We find it's the same every Spring. The first sign of sunshine and every arsehole from miles around turns up and acts like a twat. It tends to settle as Summer kicks in though.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: March 31, 2021, 01:14:51 pm »
Saw huge crowds walking together, heading straight for Princes Park, which looked absolutely rammed yesterday.  Better off finding a bench on Princes' Road.  And I see the clean up on Sefton Park having to start all over again.  Every. Single. Fucking. Time.

Should put massive signs up around the park saying "don't treat this place like a shithole".
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #420 on: March 31, 2021, 02:09:27 pm »
Always find this 'us vs them' (or particularly 'us vs students') a bit frustrating.  Especially given that today I'm seeing almost identical issues reported in Leeds and Manchester (and no doubt there are similar scenes all over the country).

Posted this back in October after some issues of people gathering in the city centre, but it feels relevant to the recent issues on the park too...

Finding the 'Us vs Them' that seems the be emerging on social media really depressing, particularly as a former student of the city who has regarded Liverpool as home for fourteen years/just under half of my life/my entire adult life.

It seems clear that many of those involved in shameful scenes in the city centre last night (and no apologies from me in their behalf) were indeed students, but to pin it on students as a collective seems unfair, just as suggesting that all locals are following the rules seems inaccurate.  It also overlooks the fact that a large proportion of the city's student are local/home students anyway.

The city's universities - @LivUni, @LJMU, & @LiverpoolHopeUK - date back over a combined 500+ years and are an essential part of the city - it can't be an us/them issue.

We should be proud of our local students who choose to contribute to these vital institutions 'at home', just as we should be proud of sons & daughters of our city who choose to go and explore & enhance other cities & other countries, and just as we should be proud of welcoming students from other places who come to enhance themselves, our institutions, and our city.  These three institutions (along with @LIPALiverpool, and @edgehill too) are part of our city.  They're key to the importing & exporting of ambitious & talented doctors, nurses, teachers, lawyers, engineers, artists, chemists, physicists, architects, historians, physicians, veterinarians, linguists, criminologist, mathematicians, entrepreneurs, & more, who are part of making the city, the country, and the world a better place.  The students are part of their institutions.  These institutions are part of our city.  It isn't an us & them issue.

We can't point fingers at students for being here, and we certainly can't point fingers at all students due to the shameful actions of a few. 

It's the lack of competent governance that's enabling these issues to arise, along with a test & trace systems that seem almost to have been designed to fail.  Making no apologies whatsoever for the highlighted actions of the few who threaten to being shame upon the city, but let's make sure we're keeping the bigger picture in mind and attributing blame to those who really can make an impact and who are failing us all (ultimately even those who are transgressing, here & elsewhere) in their apparent inability to do so.

I also feel like that this happening (large-scale littering after large-scale gatherings) is inevitable too, so I'm not sure what complaining & pointing fingers really achieves.  It reminds me of working in retail and complaining that we were busy with returns post-Christmas, or working in a student experience office and colleagues complaining about late essay submissions or lockers not being cleared for the summer.  I don't know - perhaps that strays too closely to some sort of 'victim'-blaming, but if these negatives are predictable then surely we (royal "we") need to think of ways that we can combat it...?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: March 31, 2021, 03:04:16 pm »
Always find this 'us vs them' (or particularly 'us vs students') a bit frustrating.  Especially given that today I'm seeing almost identical issues reported in Leeds and Manchester (and no doubt there are similar scenes all over the country).

Posted this back in October after some issues of people gathering in the city centre, but it feels relevant to the recent issues on the park too...

I also feel like that this happening (large-scale littering after large-scale gatherings) is inevitable too, so I'm not sure what complaining & pointing fingers really achieves.  It reminds me of working in retail and complaining that we were busy with returns post-Christmas, or working in a student experience office and colleagues complaining about late essay submissions or lockers not being cleared for the summer.  I don't know - perhaps that strays too closely to some sort of 'victim'-blaming, but if these negatives are predictable then surely we (royal "we") need to think of ways that we can combat it...?

Why is this inevitable? If the lazy c*nts can carry 4 full cans to a park, why the fuck can't they carry 4 empty cans to a fucking bin or take it home? They're nothing but a bunch of scruffy lazy selfish fucking c*nts.

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #422 on: March 31, 2021, 03:20:09 pm »
Why is this inevitable? If the lazy c*nts can carry 4 full cans to a park, why the fuck can't they carry 4 empty cans to a fucking bin or take it home? They're nothing but a bunch of scruffy lazy selfish fucking c*nts.

I don't know, but experience (here, twice in a few weeks, and also in at least Leeds & Manchester today) suggests it is.

I don't want to seem to be excusing the behaviour - I too think it's disgusting and would have been despairing had I seen that first hand this morning - but I don't necessarily see what value there is in us just waiting until the next time it happens and complaining again.  It's clear that there are some societal issues that leave people thinking this is okay (or, more likely, knowing it's not okay but doing it anyway as it's preferable to their alternatives) and - as with lots of things - probably better to try to tackle the root of the issue than playing whack-a-mole with the consequences.  To that, I don't have the answers, but I find myself despairing almost as much at the division that it creates than the deviant behaviour itself.

The student angle seems a pointlessly divisive one - we're a city with a significant student population.  Should we shut the universities down and aspire to be one of the only major cities to not have such institutions?  It also seems blinkered (and uncomfortably close to wider immigration rhetoric) to point fingers at students & those from elsewhere - there will be students from our city studying Leeds, and in Manchester, and being blamed (as part of a collective) for similar scenes there & elsewhere.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: March 31, 2021, 03:54:54 pm »
^

It needs clamping down on, ideally the plod could identify those responsible and fine them the full amount allowed under the law. We're too fucking soft in the UK with this kind of shit.

I agree we shouldn't just point the finger at students, as there will have been other non students. However, I would expect students, in whichever City they study in, to show respect to the place and tidy up after themselves. They wouldn't like it in their home town, so why is it acceptable in Liverpool, Leeds or Manchester? I reserve a special disdain for the locals, they live there, they should know better.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: March 31, 2021, 04:09:21 pm »
It's only inevitable because people are selfish cnuts. Get hundreds of park wardens backed by police in to levy heavy, on the spot fines to people leaving their crap lying around and I bet the situation would improve markedly.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: March 31, 2021, 05:21:52 pm »
Saw huge crowds walking together, heading straight for Princes Park, which looked absolutely rammed yesterday.  Better off finding a bench on Princes' Road.  And I see the clean up on Sefton Park having to start all over again.  Every. Single. Fucking. Time.

Should put massive signs up around the park saying "don't treat this place like a shithole".
We see so many depressing sights in Sefton Park, and yesterday was right up there.

I was glad to see that the fella we saw absolutely tearing through the park on an electric bike was eventually arrested.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/reckless-sefton-park-electric-bike-20294611

He was going flat-out on paths full of people walking dogs and out with young children. He's lucky he didn't hit someone because he'd have seriously injured or even killed them at that speed. You'd think it would have been a thoughtless juvenile, but he was a 32 year-old drugged up 'man'.

There were other gobshites (around ten of them) all doing wheelies on bikes through crowds too.

To be honest, I prefer the park in winter. Then, you tend to get proper, decent people who are out for the nature aspect and to walk their dogs. Spring and summer attracts endless amounts of utter scumbags. It's really sad. It's the same in a lot of places, of course. Formby suffers badly in summer as can Crosby beach.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: March 31, 2021, 05:32:42 pm »
^

It needs clamping down on, ideally the plod could identify those responsible and fine them the full amount allowed under the law. We're too fucking soft in the UK with this kind of shit.

I agree we shouldn't just point the finger at students, as there will have been other non students. However, I would expect students, in whichever City they study in, to show respect to the place and tidy up after themselves. They wouldn't like it in their home town, so why is it acceptable in Liverpool, Leeds or Manchester? I reserve a special disdain for the locals, they live there, they should know better.
I agree on the students. I really like them being around the city. Of course, many like to party, but they are not alone there.

Far and away the most problems in and around Sefton Park are caused by people from the city. We see and hear it all the time. A lot of the time the worst offenders will slink off down Hartington Road and into Toxteth, causing mayhem as they go. There is a particularly nasty bunch of bastards from down there who turn up at events on the park such as the fair, the circus and music events. They pick on kids, are violent and think it's funny to stone passing vehicles. One day we saw them attack a man who was riding past on a racing bike. Give me students any day of the week.

Regarding the litter, well there is simply no excuse. People seem able and willing to carry vast amounts of beer and food to the park, so how difficult is it to carry the much lighter empties back home with them afterwards? Decent people do just that. Feral rats do not.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #427 on: March 31, 2021, 05:41:15 pm »
Knobheads all these lads on bikes, be it in the Parks on the pavements or causing havoc and danger on the road. Wheelies, or using their mobile, trying to look cool. They look like a bunch of scruffy thick kids.

Problem as ever in this country, absolutely no deterrent to curb their their anti social dangerous  and illegal behaviour, and the fuckers know it. The Police are reluctant to chase them for the very realistic fear they will cause an accident to an innocent passer by in the chase.

If they are caught..it's slap on the wrist time  'be a good boy don't do it again' All a big fuckin joke.

Same with the litter louts, zero chance they will be punished. Not sure what's going in society lately, young gobshites everywhere you look.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #428 on: March 31, 2021, 06:29:55 pm »
It doesn’t help that there are hardly any bins, the few there are soon get full and don’t get emptied quickly enough. It would be good to walk around passing out bin bags and get those enjoying the park to tidy up a small patch each before they leave.
I also doubt students are the only cause of this mess , there were some thousands of people in Sefton Park yesterday and today.

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: March 31, 2021, 07:43:57 pm »
It doesn’t help that there are hardly any bins, the few there are soon get full and don’t get emptied quickly enough. It would be good to walk around passing out bin bags and get those enjoying the park to tidy up a small patch each before they leave.
I also doubt students are the only cause of this mess , there were some thousands of people in Sefton Park yesterday and today.

whilst anyone who litters is a twat, the council (local authority) seem to turn up the morning after with wheelie bins to put the rubbish into...

so why don't they do just fucking that on the day when they know the sun will shine and the selfish twats will be out en masse

then would then just turn up the next morning and have less shite to shift

arsewipes are always gonna be arsewipes - as you cannot make a cat into a dog

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #430 on: March 31, 2021, 07:50:31 pm »
whilst anyone who litters is a twat, the council (local authority) seem to turn up the morning after with wheelie bins to put the rubbish into...

so why don't they do just fucking that on the day when they know the sun will shine and the selfish twats will be out en masse

then would then just turn up the next morning and have less shite to shift

arsewipes are always gonna be arsewipes - as you cannot make a cat into a dog

Dunno...but maybe a park full of wheelie bins is a recipe for disaster anyway, overnight fire hazard, tipped all over the park etc. So rather than risk that, and as you say they still have to visit the following morning, they might as well clear up the whole lot the following day.

Wouldn't happen at all if the culprits took all litter home with them...it's not exactly difficult. Just pure laziness, and lack of respect.

Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: March 31, 2021, 08:01:51 pm »
It was horrible in the park today. We went over to feed the squirrels and birds but everywhere we went there were lads pissing up trees and women squatting and pissing behind even the sparsest of bushes.

There was still mayhem, with screaming, shouting, bottles smashing and general arseholery after 9pm tonight. Litter everywhere too. Loads of students, but also loads of Scousers in there too. Also, the weather brought the quad bike, electric bike, scrambler bike and souped up car gobshites out in force too. Twats tearing through crowds at high speed on the paths. We find it's the same every Spring. The first sign of sunshine and every arsehole from miles around turns up and acts like a twat. It tends to settle as Summer kicks in though.

My tongue was in my cheek mate when I mentioned the studes as they seem to get most of the flak. It's people and not just the studes but throw a blanket over everything and blame them. You are right as yesterday was way too energetically mad for my head and lasted about 30 minutes in the actual park itself.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: March 31, 2021, 08:07:57 pm »
We see so many depressing sights in Sefton Park, and yesterday was right up there.

I was glad to see that the fella we saw absolutely tearing through the park on an electric bike was eventually arrested.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/reckless-sefton-park-electric-bike-20294611

He was going flat-out on paths full of people walking dogs and out with young children. He's lucky he didn't hit someone because he'd have seriously injured or even killed them at that speed. You'd think it would have been a thoughtless juvenile, but he was a 32 year-old drugged up 'man'.

There were other gobshites (around ten of them) all doing wheelies on bikes through crowds too.

To be honest, I prefer the park in winter. Then, you tend to get proper, decent people who are out for the nature aspect and to walk their dogs. Spring and summer attracts endless amounts of utter scumbags. It's really sad. It's the same in a lot of places, of course. Formby suffers badly in summer as can Crosby beach.

Regarding the lad on bike Iam glad he got nicked. Iam not sure if he wasone of the two ragging it around yesterday and the day before as they sounded like motorbikes. It's the only time when I actually call the bizzies .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: March 31, 2021, 08:18:07 pm »

You always seem angry.

Get hundreds of park wardens backed by police in to levy heavy, on the spot fines to people leaving their crap lying around and I bet the situation would improve markedly.

Really ?

How about people dressed like clowns and walking up to the litter people and start acting silly and blowing a whistle or a using one of those old horns we had on bikes when we were kids. I reckon that'll far more effective.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: March 31, 2021, 08:27:28 pm »
You always seem angry.
Really ?

How about people dressed like clowns and walking up to the litter people and start acting silly and blowing a whistle or a using one of those old horns we had on bikes when we were kids. I reckon that'll far more effective.

I am mate, 12 months of lockdown has wound me the fuck up.

I'm getting sick to death of too many people in this country, their shitty attitudes, the fucking pussy magistrates who give out piss poor sentences and fines and what my kids are going to have to grow up with. Maybe if people did get angry about what goes on, something would be done about it, instead of all this ah well bollocks.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #435 on: March 31, 2021, 08:40:05 pm »

I'm getting sick to death of too many people in this country, their shitty attitudes, the fucking pussy magistrates who give out piss poor sentences and fines and what my kids are going to have to grow up with. Maybe if people did get angry about what goes on, something would be done about it, instead of all this ah well bollocks.

I sympathise with your stance, I hate inconsiderate littering bastards too, but I hardly think the answer to this country's problems is giving bizzies more power. Not that I know what the answer is, but I know it's not that.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: March 31, 2021, 08:57:02 pm »

Rob mate we are all a tad wound up with all with what's going on . A few months ago for example I turned on me tap to make a morning coffee and it spurted water out of the turny bit at the top and got me full whack in me kipper. I punched the cupboard door with a right hander without even thinking  about it . I've not threw a right hander since my mid 20's so it's nice to know it's still there so Iam happy with that . The last one I threw missed though but Iam still impressed that age of 49 I can at least still hit a cupboard door . The last year has been a new space for us all mate . Without going into it too much an ' all that I've come to the point that' ll ever leave our fair Isle again. I could try to become invisible ( I've tried that one before though but got sussed )  or graft one of those posh yachts anchored up in the docks and do it that way. That's a different topic though .

I'll tell ya ' what though mate apart from a sore hand anger achieves fuck all.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #437 on: March 31, 2021, 08:58:59 pm »
My tongue was in my cheek mate when I mentioned the studes as they seem to get most of the flak. It's people and not just the studes but throw a blanket over everything and blame them. You are right as yesterday was way too energetically mad for my head and lasted about 30 minutes in the actual park itself.

Thought as much, by the way - my post wasn't so much frustration at the rhetoric in here (that was last week ;D); more so what I'm seeing on social media.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: March 31, 2021, 09:12:48 pm »
Oh, I know.  :)  I was just talking generally about students and didn't have anything you'd said in mind.

Yep, it was mad yesterday. I'm in the north end today, so don't know what it's been like in the park this afternoon.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: March 31, 2021, 09:25:04 pm »
Dunno...but maybe a park full of wheelie bins is a recipe for disaster anyway, overnight fire hazard, tipped all over the park etc. So rather than risk that, and as you say they still have to visit the following morning, they might as well clear up the whole lot the following day.

Wouldn't happen at all if the culprits took all litter home with them...it's not exactly difficult. Just pure laziness, and lack of respect.
There are some very large metal bins on wheels in the park but they have to be chained to railings and suchlike otherwise the idiots roll them into the lakes.  ::)

I have to say, the clean-up teams do a fantastic job. The main field often looks like one massive refuse dump after a summer weekend or a bank holiday but they have it spotless the next day. It's a thankless task, but they are very good at it. There are also The Friends of Sefton Park, who do voluntary litter picking. They are good too.

They did put big cages for rubbish around the park in recent years but unless they are emptied daily the rats have a field day. Also, the local arsonists do tend to relish setting light to the bins too. As you said; people could always take their rubbish home with them. They are quite happy to take it there in the first place, so taking the remnants home is not going to tax them too much.