Author Topic: Drink Better Beer - Belgian, German, Craft, Ales, Lagers all your hoppy goodness in one place  (Read 273999 times)

Offline Scottish-Don

• Maggie May, Kez, Kopbird, LFCMunkee and gerrardspetal in any order
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'Cause he's a dedicated follower of fashion
Thanks for this, ordered my crate. Do you wait for postage to cancel or can you cancel straight away?

Slight mingebaggery on my part  ;D

Have you received your case yet?
Follow me on Twitter - @achtung_davie

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
Have you received your case yet?
Funny, was just thinking about that this morning. Nothing yet and no contact from them since the original sign up. Might end up ticking into next month and having to pay £20 for a case at this rate. Wouldn't be the worst thing but I'd rather not.

Maybe would serve me right for trying to get free beer.

Anyone else had theirs?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
Funny, was just thinking about that this morning. Nothing yet and no contact from them since the original sign up. Might end up ticking into next month and having to pay £20 for a case at this rate. Wouldn't be the worst thing but I'd rather not.

Maybe would serve me right for trying to get free beer.

Anyone else had theirs?

Another PR win for Brewdog. Honestly the absolute pits in my mind

Offline Scottish-Don

• Legacy Fan
Another PR win for Brewdog. Honestly the absolute pits in my mind

Actually, I received mine last week.

My guess is I ordered mine on release day and Drinks Sangria ordered his a few week later.

BrewDog are superb in my eyes, Find them an easy target for others however I can understand why.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
Actually, I received mine last week.

My guess is I ordered mine on release day and Drinks Sangria ordered his a few week later.

BrewDog are superb in my eyes, Find them an easy target for others however I can understand why.

Over two weeks for delivery and you're ok with that?

Fair does

Offline Scottish-Don

• Legacy Fan
Over two weeks for delivery and you're ok with that?

Fair does

It's a Beer Club, which they only launched 27.03 and started sending out on the 16.04, I got 8 beers for free sent to me so yeah over the moon mate.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Not got mine yet either.

Brewdog like to overpromise and under deliver - see their initial attempts at hand sanitiser.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Tesco on Allerton now does Alhambra

Get some if you go, it's incredible and I'll be taking all their stock on my next visit  :wave
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Had a can of Aldi's Vanilla Stout last night. Not bad at £1.50 a can but nothing special. A bit over-carbonated for a stout.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Scottish-Don

• Legacy Fan
23rd Scottish Beer Festival has started at Aldi Scotland, Fierce Beer have several in it at an unreal price of £1.79

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
23rd Scottish Beer Festival has started at Aldi Scotland, Fierce Beer have several in it at an unreal price of £1.79

Just in Scottish stores I'm assuming?

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
I've recently moved to Birmingham and are sampling local brewery.

Eagerly awaiting delivery from Attic Brew hopefully tomorrow before the Bank Holiday.

Hearing from some acquaintances Brewdog are throwing collaborations into the May box, trying to keep the subscriptions ticking over.

Edit. They must post on here. Just arrived  ;D
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 04:40:05 pm by red_Mark1980 »

Offline Scottish-Don

• Legacy Fan

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah mate.
Ah well! Would've got on that otherwise.

On another note, I still haven't had my brewdog selection or an email to say it's been dispatched. Did think I'd have it by now.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I've recently moved to Birmingham and are sampling local brewery.

Eagerly awaiting delivery from Attic Brew hopefully tomorrow before the Bank Holiday.

Hearing from some acquaintances Brewdog are throwing collaborations into the May box, trying to keep the subscriptions ticking over.

Edit. They must post on here. Just arrived  ;D
How was it? Can order some for my Dad.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
How was it? Can order some for my Dad.
I've had an "intuition" so far, really like it. Could sink a few if the weather is great this weekend. Nice bitter finish.

Ordered on Monday and they arrived today. Did a mix and match for 12 cans

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Did anyone order the Anfield Wrap beers they've brought out? If so what did you think?

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed

Its the 29th, you lot have had 6 days off?

You're slacking.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 09:15:19 pm by CHOPPER »
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
No sign of my Brewdog beers either. Accoring to their email they sent me, the last cases would be sent out by yesterday and we would receive tracking information once sent....

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
Bottle shop in Manchester called Beermoth have started doing a monthly box, here's May's. I'm particularly excited about the final one.

If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
And Fierce Beer are fantastic - their bar in Edinburgh is a must if you're up that way and the new one in Manchester is excellent. I dare say there'll be one in Liverpool soon.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
Recommendation for all you porter / stout lovers:

The Mortician from Amager Bryghus in Denmark. An absolute monster of a beer!!

https://untappd.com/b/amager-bryghus-the-mortician/2141812

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
Asda doing 4 for 3 lately.
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline stara

• ra-boom-de-ay. RAWK's very own Dicktionary Corner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Munchen to southeast near Austrian border. Yet another excellent pils. Munchen-Bamberg-Praque triangle is probably the best good beer hunting region I have ever experienced.
50+1. Real FFP rules. Now.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
An open letter from former employees to James Watt and Brewdog....

https://twitter.com/PunksWPurpose/status/1402918624675893253

And a leaked internal email from Brewdog management to staff...

https://twitter.com/FairHospitality/status/1402918707043749888

This lines up very accurately to stories I have heard from someone who used to work in the brewery/head office, and saw Watt most days.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
Anyone care to still defend them?

I'm shocked they are a bunch of absolute twats.

Shocked I tell thee

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
Anyone care to still defend them?

I'm shocked they are a bunch of absolute twats.

Shocked I tell thee
I'm almost as shocked as when Innocent sold out to Coca Cola. You mean to tell me that ethical concerns was not the most important thing about your company? *Insert Larry David fainting gif*
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
I'm almost as shocked as when Innocent sold out to Coca Cola. You mean to tell me that ethical concerns was not the most important thing about your company? *Insert Larry David fainting gif*

They've not sold out to a major beer manufacturer.

They've been shown to be absolute terrible people despite them continuing to market themselves as "punk" individuals.

If you're attempting to defend them over this, god only knows what they'd have to do to incur your wrath.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

They've been shown to be absolute terrible people despite them continuing to market themselves as "punk" individuals.

If you're attempting to defend them over this, god only knows what they'd have to do to incur your wrath.

They are part owned by a private equity firm.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
They are part owned by a private equity firm.

Yeah, their "punk" ownership is a crock of crap.

My point is this issue is about them being terrible lads. Not about innocent selling to coca cola

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

My point is this issue is about them being terrible lads. Not about innocent selling to coca cola

Yeah sorry I agree in case that wasn't clear!

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

Adolf and Rudolph Dassler weren't the greatest blokes but people still wear Adidas and Puma

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
Yeah sorry I agree in case that wasn't clear!

Apologies. The nuances are sometimes are a little difficult to read online.

Adolf and Rudolph Dassler weren't the greatest blokes but people still wear Adidas and Puma

Well quite. But are they still in charge of the company? Attempting to defend themselves from the criticism (rightly) received?
No. Adidas and Puma are a different entity now.

Brewdog aren't. They are still run by the same twats they always have been (as far as I'm aware).

A odious company who attempt to be punk and alternative while licking the arsehole of a conservative government.

I sincerely hope they lose every penny

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Apologies. The nuances are sometimes are a little difficult to read online.

Well quite. But are they still in charge of the company? Attempting to defend themselves from the criticism (rightly) received?
No. Adidas and Puma are a different entity now.

Brewdog aren't. They are still run by the same twats they always have been (as far as I'm aware).

A odious company who attempt to be punk and alternative while licking the arsehole of a conservative government.

I sincerely hope they lose every penny

No but Adidas goods have recently been made by Uyghur slaves and Puma child labour.

Big, successful companies have dodgy leaderships that make them unethical and bit twattish.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
No but Adidas goods have recently been made by Uyghur slaves and Puma child labour.

Big, successful companies have dodgy leaderships that make them unethical and bit twattish.

You're not wrong... but that isn't a defense in any way of Brewdog.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness

Why the fuck do you think I'm defending them?
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
You're not wrong... but that isn't a defense in any way of Brewdog.

Its not, they don't seem to have great people leading them and there's obviously a highly pressurised environment where people are pushed to perform thats beyond an acceptable limit but the timing of this open letter is suspicious and seems to be released to hurt their stock market listing and an attempt to get them cancelled. Already had this conversation with several people today who have told us me and friends who drink Brewdog that we shouldn't anymore because of their dubious ethics.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Its not, they don't seem to have great people leading them and there's obviously a highly pressurised environment where people are pushed to perform thats beyond an acceptable limit but the timing of this open letter is suspicious and seems to be released to hurt their stock market listing and an attempt to get them cancelled. Already had this conversation with several people today who have told us me and friends who drink Brewdog that we shouldn't anymore because of their dubious ethics.

This story is enough really to put me off them - https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/brewdog-to-reinstate-disabled-wc-after-being-slapped-with-legal-notice/. I don't have a blanket boycott on them, their alcohol free beers are in a different league to anyone else's I have tried, but I avoid where possible.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
Why the fuck do you think I'm defending them?

Apologies. It's been a long day. Put it down to me having a crap day after being up before 6.

Their whole marketing and brand is about them being a "punk" outfit that looks after the "shareholders" (drinking hipsters) and employees.

They aren't. They are in it for themselves. Open another bar. And another one.

They've systemically fucked over small brewers and companies who can't compete and then started flogging their shit wherever they can get it.

I mean the whole fucking Aldi collaboration. Pass me a bucket.

Taking the piss out of Cummings trip while jumping into bed with the government. Get to fuck.

It's a crap company, shite beer . I feel bad for their staff. As for those odious twats. I hope they loose every penny

This story is enough really to put me off them - https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/brewdog-to-reinstate-disabled-wc-after-being-slapped-with-legal-notice/. I don't have a blanket boycott on them, their alcohol free beers are in a different league to anyone else's I have tried, but I avoid where possible.

Big drop?

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

It's a crap company, shite beer . I feel bad for their staff. As for those odious twats. I hope they loose every penny

Big drop?

Couldn't agree more.