Author Topic: General Political discussion with kesey-style vibes & tantric breathing stuff...  (Read 359293 times)

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Re: Geoff's Major GenderBenderLeaningToGruffnessThread
« Reply #5560 on: June 13, 2019, 05:37:46 pm »
Just out of interest how did Mandelson and Campbell having to much influence sit with you?
if you say just as bad i can agree with you, i generally have no truck with spin doctors and shadowy characters making policies or manipulating them. For me the only people a leader needs around them should be members of the shadow cabinet and the deputy leader should have a much bigger role, the PR guys should do their job in the background to my way of thinking so as such i disliked Campbell and i detest Milne.

Completely different mate. Campbell is a pragmatist and a strategist. His main skill was in making left-wing and centre-left politics digestible in a way that won three general elections. He wasn't a policy maker.

Milne is an ideologue and actually not very good at PR.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5561 on: June 13, 2019, 05:38:56 pm »
Or you could say the words coming out of his mouth you have decided what they mean from your most negative standpoint.

Could you translate "...invoke Artlicle 50 now..." in words that I can understand?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5562 on: June 13, 2019, 05:39:08 pm »
I didn't realise that. It might have been nothing more than complacency. After several years of rebelling against his party without ever paying a price for it he must have felt he could act with impunity. And he could. Then it got to a point where he became almost cherished for his contrariness (remember how Blair saved his skin when it looked like his local party was about to de-select him?) By then he had to defy the Labour whip otherwise what was the point of him?

It was for a similar reason that enough Labour MPs voted to put him on the ballot for the initial leadership contest. They opposed practically everything he stood for but thought he'd be good for the laugh.

A laugh for Labour not the Tories. But it turned out to be a laugh for the Tories.

And they've done next-to-nothing since to try and fix the mess they shoulder a significant amount of responsibility for. The PLP is letting the country down big time.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5563 on: June 13, 2019, 05:44:08 pm »
And they've done next-to-nothing since to try and fix the mess they shoulder a significant amount of responsibility for. The PLP is letting the country down big time.

Labour MPs pass no-confidence motion in Jeremy Corbyn

28 June 2016

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36647458

Sadly, there's fuck all they can do as long as the membership continue to support him.

MPs who argue against him get abuse, threats of deselection, death threats, if they're Jewish anti-semitic abuse, and if they're women rape threats...

A different kind of politics.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5564 on: June 13, 2019, 05:44:33 pm »

Feel free to argue over the precise meaning of 'now' as his defenders try to do but the timing and the meaning are there in black and white.

Video:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/pBmuIHfFWdM?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/pBmuIHfFWdM?fs=1</a>

For further clarity - see 2.00 in the interview when Dimbleby asks why he's arguing for an 'abrupt' invocation rather than taking stock as Daniel Hannan (the voice of sanity for fucks sake) and go "gently, gently rather than rushing headlong into Article 50..."

Corbyn: "...the people were asked their opinion, they've given their opinion, and it's up to parliament to now act on that opinion..."
Haven't seen that video before. it's shocking and shows exactly why he is not leadership material. he is being asked if the country should stand back and not rush into this before we know the full implications of what we are about to do, his reply is we will have to negotiate with the EU. of course we have to negotiate with the EU, that wasn't the question, he should have been the one making these arguments as the leader of the opposition.
Maybe he did mean we must trig art 50 immediately, we know he told the Tories that Labour would not stand in the way of the triggering of art 50 which is practically the same thing, feel free to do it anytime you please.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #5565 on: June 13, 2019, 05:44:49 pm »

That's not quite true. There was a large vote of no confidence against him which triggered a second leadership election. (Remember the "chicken coup" as it was called by some posters on here, and elsewhere?) But by that stage it was too late. Corbyn was on his throne and the kingmakers were people like Big Jezzas Jizza, not the PLP.

As Alan has sneakily said just before I posted this....
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5566 on: June 13, 2019, 05:46:46 pm »
That's not quite true. There was a large vote of no confidence against him which triggered a second leadership election. (Remember the "chicken coup" as it was called by some posters on here, and elsewhere?) But by that stage it was too late. Corbyn was on his throne and the kingmakers were people like Big Jezzas Jizza, not the PLP.

The vote was 172-40.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5567 on: June 13, 2019, 05:46:47 pm »
As ever with Corbyn, when defending him it's critical to understand that the words that come out of his mouth don't actually mean what they seem to mean.

'Do it now' does not mean do it now. It means something else entirely in Corbynspeak.

'These anti-semitic terrorists are my friends' is simply a normal welcome that anyone one would use when introducing anti-semitic terrorists.
"Do it now " ? I'm fairly sure he didn't say that either.
ps
I'm on a PS and I'm "Missing Plug In" to watch your vid.

Oh God, I feel pretty sure that this thread is now going to get a long disquisition on what the word "insists" means.
I'm guessing it means different things to different people.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 05:56:10 pm by bigbonedrawky »

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5568 on: June 13, 2019, 05:49:17 pm »

Most people will get it, but there's always some that don't. There's no accounting for some people's comprehension, or lack of it.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5569 on: June 13, 2019, 05:49:25 pm »
I'm reminded of Johnson standing in front of a bulldozer denying that he'd ever said anything about Turkish people. The evidence is empirical and concrete, but he and his supporters will deny the evidence in front of their eyes.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #5570 on: June 13, 2019, 05:52:55 pm »
Could you translate "...invoke Artlicle 50 now..." in words that I can understand?

Where are all those synonym experts when you need them? ;D

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #5571 on: June 13, 2019, 05:53:10 pm »
The claim: Jeremy Corbyn has performed a U-turn over when Article 50 should be triggered.

Reality Check verdict: Mr Corbyn's message has certainly changed, either because he has changed his mind or because he misspoke on 24 June and waited a month to correct himself.

BBC, July 2016

Fun how it all is read again at a distance.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5572 on: June 13, 2019, 05:53:13 pm »
Oh God, I feel pretty sure that this thread is now going to get a long disquisition on what the word "insists" means.
Brilliant. :lmao
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #5573 on: June 13, 2019, 05:53:31 pm »
I did look at the party website. Did you read the document about ownership models? The Corbyn McDonnell model of business ownership in the long term is similar to the Venezuelan ideal of co-operatisation and collectivisation.

You may think it's about nationalising the post office and the choo-choos but the long term ideal is for small businesses like mine to be turned into cooperatives. It's a lovely ideal but everywhere it's been tried on a large scale it's been a disaster.

And let me guess, he wants to liquidate the kulaks after that?

Yes, I have previously read the paper previously but I thought I’d skim through it again when I saw this bit on the front page:

“It should not be taken to represent Labour Party policy.”

So shall we go back to party policy?
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5574 on: June 13, 2019, 05:53:57 pm »
Where are all those synonym experts when you need them? ;D
Delia Smith uses a lot of synonym in her puddings.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #5575 on: June 13, 2019, 05:55:08 pm »

Like the Drumpf morans that is all the Comrade sycophants have "Show me that" "Oh but that isn't what he meant" "MSM,Blairite,but the tories,grumble,grumble"

any chance you could do this again in English, Comrade sychophants indeed and Drumpf oh dear.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5576 on: June 13, 2019, 05:57:58 pm »
Sounds like a ad homonym attack, that. :)
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #5577 on: June 13, 2019, 06:00:47 pm »

It took me nearly two weeks after the Champions League final to delve into politics again, and you just had to bring Norwich into it. Eight weeks to go ...

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5578 on: June 13, 2019, 06:10:36 pm »
"Do it now " ? I'm fairly sure he didn't say that either.

It's on 32 seconds that he says the word "now" as part of the statement that  "...Article 50 has to be invoked now..."

He repeats that it has to be done "now" after being challenged about doing it straight away. That would appear to fit the definition of 'insist'.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5579 on: June 13, 2019, 06:11:10 pm »

Quite simple if he said 'Invoke Article 50 now' yet he was in no position to do that, it was a suggestion, the Tories could have done as he asked or ignored it the ball was in their court so try as hard as you like with your tedious blame game, he didnt Invoke the Article 50 did he?

You could also maybe think that comment was along the same lines as your old grannie saying if i told you to put your fingers in the fire would you?  If you did put your fingers in the fire would that be your fault or your grannies ?

Or to use another one, i could walk into the Heads office tomorrow and tell him to give me a payrise, the decision would be his alone to do as i told him or ignore the request.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5580 on: June 13, 2019, 06:11:35 pm »
Labour MPs pass no-confidence motion in Jeremy Corbyn

28 June 2016

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36647458

Sadly, there's fuck all they can do as long as the membership continue to support him.

MPs who argue against him get abuse, threats of deselection, death threats, if they're Jewish anti-semitic abuse, and if they're women rape threats...

A different kind of politics.

To be fair, I did say "next-to-nothing" rather than simply "nothing"  ;D

That challenge was led by Owen Smith, who I remember being criticised even by some of those who wanted Corbyn gone. Corbyn hasn't been challenged by someone who commands more respect than Smith among anti-Corbynites/"moderates" (I'm thinking of the likes of Cooper and Benn); someone who could inspire those people to make the effort and spend the money to join the party in order to vote for them in a leadership contest. The PLP has had 3 years since the Smith challenge to organise behind such a stronger challenger but nothing.

Likewise, they've had 3 years to go for a more radical option and quit together to form a new Labour (pun not intended) A party clearly of the centre-left, rather than the fuzzy stance of Change UK.

Neither of the above options is easy but at least one of them needed/needs to be tried. To just say "oh well, we tried in 2016" is defeatism worthy of severe criticism IMO. Waiting Corbyn out is proving to be disastrous. We're looking at PM Boris, a no deal Brexit and  close to 15 years at least of Tory rule (presuming PM Boris calls, and wins a GE this year)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 06:13:52 pm by ShakaHislop »

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5581 on: June 13, 2019, 06:11:40 pm »
any chance you could do this again in English, Comrade sychophants indeed and Drumpf oh dear.
Ironically it's the kind of thing that loses referendumbs and gets the likes of Trump elected in the first place.
It's also helped solidify Corbyn's support in the leadership elections.
Honey or vinegar make your choice.   

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5582 on: June 13, 2019, 06:12:17 pm »
It's on 32 seconds that he says the word "now" as part of the statement that  "...Article 50 has to be invoked now..."

He repeats that it has to be done "now" after being challenged about doing it straight away. That would appear to fit the definition of 'insist'.

But the dictionary definition of "insist" is - "When you hold a gun to someone's head and threaten to pull the trigger unless you get your own way". So, I guess, Big Boned is right on this.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5583 on: June 13, 2019, 06:30:06 pm »
And let me guess, he wants to liquidate the kulaks after that?

Yes, I have previously read the paper previously but I thought I’d skim through it again when I saw this bit on the front page:

“It should not be taken to represent Labour Party policy.”

So shall we go back to party policy?

Anyone who believes that the Labour manifesto actually reflects the long term goals of Corbyn and his mates is naive.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5584 on: June 13, 2019, 06:31:22 pm »

Shut up & grow up stalker.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5585 on: June 13, 2019, 06:34:58 pm »

Shut up & grow up stalker.

ha ha you remind me of a certain Dr from Manhattan it couldnt be now though could it?

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5586 on: June 13, 2019, 06:42:54 pm »
Completely different mate. Campbell is a pragmatist and a strategist. His main skill was in making left-wing and centre-left politics digestible in a way that won three general elections. He wasn't a policy maker.

Milne is an ideologue and actually not very good at PR.

Was it pragmatic to print known lies to take us into a war, or was that an example of him being a strategist, as for not a policy maker, well Prescott would refute that to begin with. Along with Mandelson he had the ear of Blair constantly the only diference is that actually you liked them but you dont like Milne and Murrey whereas i have no time for any of them.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5587 on: June 13, 2019, 06:46:18 pm »
Quite simple if he said 'Invoke Article 50 now' yet he was in no position to do that, it was a suggestion, the Tories could have done as he asked or ignored it the ball was in their court so try as hard as you like with your tedious blame game, he didnt Invoke the Article 50 did he?

You could also maybe think that comment was along the same lines as your old grannie saying if i told you to put your fingers in the fire would you?  If you did put your fingers in the fire would that be your fault or your grannies ?

Or to use another one, i could walk into the Heads office tomorrow and tell him to give me a payrise, the decision would be his alone to do as i told him or ignore the request.

In which case you have to ask yourself:  "What is the point of Jeremy Corbyn?"

The question being discussed was whether Corbyn was the first to say that Article 50 should be invoked. The answer to that is yes.

Did he have the power to actually do it? You say no, but the real answer is no one person has the power to do it as we don't have a President with executive powers.

The power rested with Parliament and as part of the Remain campaign (in theory), leader of a pro-EU party with a pro-Eu membership and leader of the opposition, he was in a position to build cross-party agreement for a considered approach to the process.

Instead he gave everything away like a teenager suffering from premature ejaculation or someone with Tourettes.  He's the Ed Woodward of British politics.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5588 on: June 13, 2019, 06:57:27 pm »
Was it pragmatic to print known lies to take us into a war, or was that an example of him being a strategist, as for not a policy maker, well Prescott would refute that to begin with. Along with Mandelson he had the ear of Blair constantly the only diference is that actually you liked them but you dont like Milne and Murrey whereas i have no time for any of them.

The Chilcott Inquiry cleared him of those allegations.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #5589 on: June 13, 2019, 07:06:15 pm »
Anyone who believes that the Labour manifesto actually reflects the long term goals of Corbyn and his mates is naive.

Well, you asked me about economic policy so I pointed you towards the party site and manifesto, and you point me towards another document that says on it ‘this is not policy’, but your telling me the policy is not the policy and what’s not policy is policy and this is all happening on the very same site.

I’m out.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5590 on: June 13, 2019, 07:27:05 pm »
Yeah we were sent to war on a pack of...Information.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5591 on: June 13, 2019, 08:25:04 pm »
Yeah we were sent to war on a pack of...Information.

The intelligence was rubbish and Blair and Campbell have admitted that they didn’t question it hard enough.

There is no evidence that either of them lied or that the information was ‘sexed up’.

You clearly are missing the irony that you are repeating unsubstantiated rumours to justify a particular point of view. Isn’t that a bad thing?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #5592 on: June 13, 2019, 08:28:24 pm »
The transfer forum is a haven of peace and goodwill compared to this place.

;D
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5593 on: June 13, 2019, 09:03:15 pm »
The intelligence was rubbish and Blair and Campbell have admitted that they didn’t question it hard enough.

There is no evidence that either of them lied or that the information was ‘sexed up’.

You clearly are missing the irony that you are repeating unsubstantiated rumours to justify a particular point of view. Isn’t that a bad thing?
So we were sent to war on a pack of...Information Intelligence.
I'm sorry for repeating these unsubstantiated rumours Alan but unfortunately like Cambellend himself I simply cant spin it any more positively than that.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5594 on: June 13, 2019, 09:31:18 pm »

And we know from experience that all enquiries have always found all the evidence required and given the correct verdict.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5595 on: June 13, 2019, 09:33:48 pm »
The transfer forum is a haven of peace and goodwill compared to this place.

;D

Well get back to it then. ;D

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5596 on: June 13, 2019, 10:02:12 pm »
And we know from experience that all enquiries have always found all the evidence required and given the correct verdict.

They often do. I assume that you are alluding to the Taylor Report ("we know from experience") which examined the evidence and cleared Liverpool fans of any responsibility. It placed the blame on failures in policing and the state of the ground.

The problem was the South Yorkshire Police and their allies ignoring the report's findings and telling their own stories.

Do you have any evidence that Chilcott gave the wrong verdict? Or do you just want to believe a different story?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #5597 on: June 13, 2019, 10:06:29 pm »
In a hugely unsurprising piece of news, Chukka Umunna has joined the LibDems.

Wollaston and Heidi Allen also expected to join and Phillip Lee may be jumping from the Tories as well
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 10:08:35 pm by filopastry »

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5598 on: June 13, 2019, 10:12:13 pm »
So we were sent to war on a pack of...Information Intelligence.
I'm sorry for repeating these unsubstantiated rumours Alan but unfortunately like Cambellend himself I simply cant spin it any more positively than that.

Don't be sorry - you're happy to repeat rumours and tittle-tattle. That's up to you.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #5599 on: June 13, 2019, 10:12:55 pm »
In a hugely unsurprising piece of news, Chukka Umunna has joined the LibDems.

Wollaston and Heidi Allen also expected to join and Phillip Lee may be jumping from the Tories as well

If Lee goes, that's the (notional including DUP) majority down to 2 MPs, isn't it? Confidence vote tricky to call because of the number of independents but...
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."