Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4147845 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #64640 on: November 28, 2020, 11:38:14 pm »
Joyce get's battered by anyone approaching elite level, so he ain't ready for a world title fight you fucker.,

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #64641 on: November 28, 2020, 11:38:15 pm »
He quit for me.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #64642 on: November 28, 2020, 11:38:34 pm »
Exactly people said this about Brook too unless you have been in that place it’s hard to say what you’d do.

I think this is exactly the same as Haye v Thompson back in the day.

I’ll say it now Dubois will win a world title and Joyce wont

Dubois won't win a world title eating jabs like that

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64643 on: November 28, 2020, 11:39:03 pm »
Haye would never quit would he  ::)
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64644 on: November 28, 2020, 11:39:20 pm »
He quit for me.

Ask your mate Kell how that eye socket damaged his career at elite level competition.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #64645 on: November 28, 2020, 11:40:19 pm »
Exactly people said this about Brook too unless you have been in that place it’s hard to say what you’d do.

I think this is exactly the same as Haye v Thompson back in the day.

I’ll say it now Dubois will win a world title and Joyce wont
As I said it’s not something you say lightly about someone brave enough to get in the ring, but in pure boxing terms there he’s quit, he wasn’t put in big trouble by that shot, he decided he’d had enough. Never gonna win a world title with that mentality in boxing
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64646 on: November 28, 2020, 11:40:52 pm »
Haye would never quit would he  ::)

In all fairness, Haye didn't quit against Bellew with a torn achilles when he really didn't need to carry on.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #64647 on: November 28, 2020, 11:41:00 pm »
The criticism is a bit harsh. Says the man that quit with a broken toe

You try to do anything with an eyepatch glued to your face.

Dubois was probably the better and powerful fighter but Joyce was able to hurt Dubois and it showed

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #64648 on: November 28, 2020, 11:41:30 pm »
As I said it’s not something you say lightly about someone brave enough to get in the ring, but in pure boxing terms there he’s quit, he wasn’t put in big trouble by that shot, he decided he’d had enough. Never gonna win a world title with that mentality in boxing

Just said he couldn't see out of the eye I'd that he was in big trouble if he can't see whats coming at him

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #64649 on: November 28, 2020, 11:41:37 pm »
He quit for me.
Not often I would agree with you on this thread but you're spot on here.

Offline Rouge

• Legacy Fan
  • Barnes to Molby!
« Reply #64650 on: November 28, 2020, 11:41:47 pm »
Dubois won't win a world title eating jabs like that

This!

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64651 on: November 28, 2020, 11:43:33 pm »
Joyce is too old, hardly groundbreaking stuff this

No it’s not but it’s all this quit shit I mean you got conman Haye saying it bad toe and was injured in both fights before Belles and conned the public.

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64652 on: November 28, 2020, 11:44:54 pm »
Just said he couldn't see out of the eye I'd that he was in big trouble if he can't see whats coming at him
I do get that but that’s the difference between those who have the will and the heart to go all the way.

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64653 on: November 28, 2020, 11:46:39 pm »

Depends how bad the eye is I guess he was injured there.

I know what people say about boxing terms it’s quiting but imo it’s not too many idiots spout this crap nowadays NO boxer is really a quitter you get in the ring you have bollocks

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64654 on: November 28, 2020, 11:46:42 pm »
No it’s not but it’s all this quit shit I mean you got conman Haye saying it bad toe and was injured in both fights before Belles and conned the public.
Making excuses for losing and quitting are different things I'd say though to be honest. A lot of boxers do the first

I'm not blaming him like. I reckon his team deserve responsibility, Joyce was too early

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #64655 on: November 28, 2020, 11:46:49 pm »
I agree with you about Haye but Dubois quit tonight

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64656 on: November 28, 2020, 11:46:52 pm »
Not sure what the future holds for these two. Joyce entered boxing far too late and possibly missed his prime, and Dubois might end up being damaged goods if he doesn't have the improve on tonights showing.

The pace of that fight was brutal, I reckon Tyson and Jones Jr will display better speed than Joyce tonight.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #64657 on: November 28, 2020, 11:47:32 pm »
I do get that but that’s the difference between those who have the will and the heart to go all the way.

He's an orthodox fighter, his left eye is his leading one, having heart when you can't see whats coming at you at heavyweight is bollocks and the sooner people move away from that attitude the better. Punches that hard can kill you, especially if you've got no way of avoiding then. He quite but he was right to quit because with 3 rounds to go he could have done a lot of extra damage to that eye.

Offline Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64658 on: November 28, 2020, 11:49:17 pm »

The likes of Duran and Tzszyu quit out of fights as well to be fair.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64659 on: November 28, 2020, 11:50:14 pm »
It's a shame because the ref would've definitely taken him over to the Dr. after that shot & it would have been stopped.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64660 on: November 28, 2020, 11:50:20 pm »
Still don't rate Joyce at all. The big names at HW will make mincemeat of him. He's not getting a title shot any time soon anyway so not really sure what he does at his age?

Usyk has got bigger fish to fry, but that would make sense. If I were him I'd try and get a rematch in front of fans and make a few quid while he can.

Offline momo22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64661 on: November 28, 2020, 11:50:49 pm »
True for normal people, but when you’re a professional boxer you have to be prepared to go to the very edge with stuff like that.

I understand what you're saying mate, but sometimes being professional means being smart, right now we don't know how bad the eye is.
Now you think Ronald McDonald gonna go down to the basement and say, "Hey Mr. Nugget - you the bomb. We sellin' chicken faster than you can tear the bone out. So I'm gonna write my clowney ass name on this fat-ass cheque for you."

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64662 on: November 28, 2020, 11:52:14 pm »
He's an orthodox fighter, his left eye is his leading one, having heart when you can't see whats coming at you at heavyweight is bollocks and the sooner people move away from that attitude the better. Punches that hard can kill you, especially if you've got no way of avoiding then. He quite but he was right to quit because with 3 rounds to go he could have done a lot of extra damage to that eye.
As I say I do get what your saying but it’s not bollocks in boxing terms, you either have that heart and mentality to go through things normal people wouldn’t or you don’t. In boxing you do have to go through that or you ain’t getting anywhere near the top.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64663 on: November 28, 2020, 11:52:33 pm »
I wonder if he'd have fought through it if there was a crowd there

Offline momo22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64664 on: November 28, 2020, 11:53:36 pm »
Still don't rate Joyce at all. The big names at HW will make mincemeat of him. He's not getting a title shot any time soon anyway so not really sure what he does at his age?

Usyk has got bigger fish to fry, but that would make sense. If I were him I'd try and get a rematch in front of fans and make a few quid while he can.

Yeah he's ideal for Usyk, he hasn't got anything to trouble him really, cept for size I suppose.
Now you think Ronald McDonald gonna go down to the basement and say, "Hey Mr. Nugget - you the bomb. We sellin' chicken faster than you can tear the bone out. So I'm gonna write my clowney ass name on this fat-ass cheque for you."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64665 on: November 28, 2020, 11:55:01 pm »
So do we know what time the circus ring walk is ?

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64666 on: November 28, 2020, 11:55:05 pm »
DDD corner were awful too, sounded like cheerleaders every round.

Looked to me Dubois had 2/3 big attacks in his gas tank, didn't get Joyce out of there and effectively was running on nothing.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64667 on: November 28, 2020, 11:55:42 pm »
The likes of Duran and Tzszyu quit out of fights as well to be fair.
I thought about No Mas as well there but Duran had already proven he had what it takes and proved it again afterwards. That was a different type of quit but he was absolutely slaughtered for it at the time

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #64668 on: November 28, 2020, 11:56:14 pm »

He's mid 30s and ponderous as fuck, he's not winning a world title. Cash out if I was him

Offline Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64669 on: November 28, 2020, 11:56:30 pm »
To be honest for me the worries with Dubois now are not so much about his heart but about his stamina and that as far as I can tell his eye ended up with so much damage despite there not being any obvious power shots onto it/clashes of heads etc.

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #64670 on: November 28, 2020, 11:57:40 pm »
To be honest for me the worries with Dubois now are not so much about his heart but about his stamina and that as far as I can tell his eye ended up with so much damage despite there not being any obvious power shots onto it/clashes of heads etc.

For me its 100% his heart, he quit tonight against a fella that was a great amateur

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #64671 on: November 28, 2020, 11:58:53 pm »

This underestimates just how much damage repeatedly being hit by a good, strong jab can be.

Offline garumn

• Kopite
« Reply #64672 on: November 28, 2020, 11:59:36 pm »
Say what you want, that is one of the best uses of the jab I have seen in while.

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #64673 on: November 28, 2020, 11:59:49 pm »
This underestimates just how much damage repeatedly being hit by a good, strong jab can be.
And also the complete lack of head movement by Dubois

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64674 on: November 29, 2020, 12:01:42 am »

I agree with what you’re saying to an extent, but there’s a heightened risk of serious injury every time someone steps into the ring. The very best fighters are the ones who will go and play right at the edge.. whether that’s right or whether it’s fair to criticise someone for stepping back from that edge is a difficult one to decide. Boxing is a brutal, brutal sport.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64675 on: November 29, 2020, 12:03:18 am »
So do we know what time the circus ring walk is ?

Anytime after 4.  ;D

Offline Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64676 on: November 29, 2020, 12:03:26 am »
I thought about No Mas as well there but Duran had already proven he had what it takes and proved it again afterwards. That was a different type of quit but he was absolutely slaughtered for it at the time

Oh yeah, and the Tzszyu one was different as well given that Hatton had dragged him to the point of total exhaustion. But the general point still stands that it is pretty simplistic to just say that 'great fighters never quit'.

Offline Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64677 on: November 29, 2020, 12:07:24 am »

Yeah of course - they are heavyweight boxers. But to be honest as good a job Joyce did tonight if Dubois comes back and starts moving up in levels again over the next few years that eye is going to get hit harder and with more regularity by better boxers than Joyce. If it's already gone at this stage in his career then it's a major worry for him I think.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64678 on: November 29, 2020, 12:08:41 am »
It's a shame because the ref would've definitely taken him over to the Dr. after that shot & it would have been stopped.

The corner should have pulled him out previous round or at least threw in the towel.

He has to.protect himself first and foremost but it is never a good look to fold at your first gut check.

Forgetting the quit talk for a minute, what does Dubois have at elite level. His power is not elite, nor is his speed, skill, jab, defence, stamina or footwork.

Frank is gonna have to build him up with proper tests if he is to advance him. I'm.not sure he comes back from.this properly

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64679 on: November 29, 2020, 12:10:00 am »
Frank Warren was so pissed. Probs thinking wtf he gonna do with Joyce