Author Topic: The Liverpool Gig Thread  (Read 165388 times)

Offline Damo58

• Legacy Fan
Re: The Liverpool Gig Thread
« Reply #1040 on: December 21, 2023, 09:23:28 am »
I love the Future Yard. Being on this side of the water, it's amazing to be able to hop on a bus and be 10 minutes away from such a good venue and it means I've seen people (who I've ended up loving) that I wouldn't normally head to Manchester for. I'm there tonight actually for Nuggets Live which Edgar Jones and Will Sergeant are DJing.

They also have plans to buy and use the old railway tunnel over the fence outside which will make it big venue and should get even bigger names.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #1041 on: December 21, 2023, 11:17:35 am »
I'm SICK so not goin anywhere but yeah I'd love to go the Nuggets night. Saw Edgar do the Smithdown festival, he was great - good band with him, guitarist playin a Tele was sound, drummer too

Birkenhead showing us how it's done... IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1042 on: December 21, 2023, 08:44:04 pm »
Really enjoyed Future Yard as a venue when I saw The Coral there back in May. Decent bar in the  front as well.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #1043 on: February 16, 2024, 04:47:49 pm »
ffs

Event Name: meraki x First Contact Presents: Estella Boersma
Venue: Meraki
Date: 1st Mar 2024 til 2nd Mar 2024

Reason for cancellation: Due to unforseen circumstances this event will no longer be able to go ahead.

Offline Mr Benn please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 123456789 Benn
« Reply #1044 on: February 18, 2024, 10:56:10 pm »
was at Gruff Rhys at the Arts Club yesterday evening. Show was great, he played most of his new album, plus a smattering of older solo stuff. Finished nice and early too which is a bonus when you get to my age. Didn't enjoying queuing in the rain for 15 minutes before the show though. They need to sort out their mad ticketing system.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #1045 on: March 1, 2024, 01:05:58 am »
Michael Head and the Red Elastic Band in the Phil in December .

My life is now complete !
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #1046 on: March 1, 2024, 11:17:56 am »
was at Gruff Rhys at the Arts Club yesterday evening. Show was great, he played most of his new album, plus a smattering of older solo stuff. Finished nice and early too which is a bonus when you get to my age. Didn't enjoying queuing in the rain for 15 minutes before the show though. They need to sort out their mad ticketing system.

Was at this too (great to be back at the re-opened Arts Club!) and thoroughly enjoyed the show - third time seeing Gruff Rhys, following his tour for the previous album and then a support slot for The Coral a few months ago, and he's probably on my list of artists I'll look to catch every time they're in Liverpool or Manchester now.

I know one of the staff involved in the ownership/event-management side there, and - given it was my first time back - did feel a duty to offer a few bits of feedback afterwards, but I'm sure they'll get things sorted.

Was able to do a good deed on the night too - girl & her dad next to me had their phone-torches out and were looking for something towards the end of the gig, and I spotted an earring on the floor as the place cleared out. Thought they'd left but I found them near the toilets/side of stage, and they were both pretty overwhelmed - she said it was "[her] mum's from the eighties" and it was clear there was some significant sentimental value involved. Glad I picked it up when I spotted it.

Feeder and The Staves are the next couple for me in Liverpool - nice to have some local (touring artist) gigs again!

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1047 on: March 1, 2024, 08:07:13 pm »
Got a ticket for the On The Waterfront Festival at the Pier Head in June. Ocean Colour Scene, Cast, Embrace, The View, Republica, and a few others.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #1048 on: March 2, 2024, 02:51:15 pm »
Got a ticket for the On The Waterfront Festival at the Pier Head in June. Ocean Colour Scene, Cast, Embrace, The View, Republica, and a few others.

Seen Cast a load of times, but never Ocean Colour Scene and Embrace were a band I liked a lot when I was kid (first three albums) - I feel it'd be daft of me not to go to that!

Offline Mr Benn please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 123456789 Benn
« Reply #1049 on: March 3, 2024, 10:12:17 pm »

I know one of the staff involved in the ownership/event-management side there, and - given it was my first time back - did feel a duty to offer a few bits of feedback afterwards, but I'm sure they'll get things sorted.

cool, I'm going back there to see Jane Weaver in May. Will hopefully have sorted the queuing/ticketing by then. As you say, it's great to have another venue in the city centre and hopefully this will mean that more artists will come here, as it sometimes feels like Liverpool is a bit overlooked compared with other cities in the north.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1050 on: March 4, 2024, 02:56:54 pm »

Thought you'd be playing .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1051 on: March 7, 2024, 01:01:44 pm »
Michael Head accoustic set in the Jacaranda 13th April .    8)

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1052 on: March 8, 2024, 11:36:45 pm »
Saw Kaiser Chiefs in the Jacaranda Baltic this evening. Been a great new addition to the city since it opened with loads of album launch shows.

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #1053 on: March 9, 2024, 12:03:34 am »
Michael Head accoustic set in the Jacaranda 13th April .    8)
l

John Head at the Tung on April 19th

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1054 on: March 9, 2024, 01:26:42 am »
l

John Head at the Tung on April 19th

Touche !  Nice one . Iam going to two at the Tung in April . Jali Bakarey Konteh on the kora and Debahsmita Battacharya ( Sarod )  and her mate on the tabla.

8)

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #1055 on: April 9, 2024, 01:33:53 pm »
Went to the new (ish?) Jacaranda Baltic on Saturday night - Feeder were in for an album launch performance & signing (album was out on Friday). The venue had also had The Libertines in earlier in the day.

Great to have another venue open in the city that's small but also big enough to accommodate touring artists, after what had felt like a tough couple of years for venues. Also went to Content to see Bill Ryder Jones a couple of weeks ago.

Still got the slight challenge of geographic location when it comes to drawing artists into the city (where, for example, they don't need to do both Liverpool & Manchester and so tend to play Manchester), but between Jacaranda Baltic, Content, the re-opened Arts Club, the Invisible Wind Factory, the Academy, and the university, there feels like a good range of small- to mid-sized venues again (in addition to the Phil, the Olympia, and of course the arena). Starting to have some faith in all that 'music city' promo again  :P

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1056 on: April 9, 2024, 07:02:15 pm »
Went to the new (ish?) Jacaranda Baltic on Saturday night - Feeder were in for an album launch performance & signing (album was out on Friday). The venue had also had The Libertines in earlier in the day.

Great to have another venue open in the city that's small but also big enough to accommodate touring artists, after what had felt like a tough couple of years for venues. Also went to Content to see Bill Ryder Jones a couple of weeks ago.

Still got the slight challenge of geographic location when it comes to drawing artists into the city (where, for example, they don't need to do both Liverpool & Manchester and so tend to play Manchester), but between Jacaranda Baltic, Content, the re-opened Arts Club, the Invisible Wind Factory, the Academy, and the university, there feels like a good range of small- to mid-sized venues again (in addition to the Phil, the Olympia, and of course the arena). Starting to have some faith in all that 'music city' promo again  :P

It's a cracking little venue, been to three album launch shows since it opened.

Rough Trade will have a small venue as well, shop opens next week and the venue in May I believe.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1057 on: Yesterday at 01:31:41 pm »

Michael Head ?

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1058 on: Yesterday at 01:57:34 pm »
Seen Cast a load of times, but never Ocean Colour Scene and Embrace were a band I liked a lot when I was kid (first three albums) - I feel it'd be daft of me not to go to that!

OCS are great live, seen them do both acoustic and band sets.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."