Author Topic: The iPhone  (Read 1041190 times)

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The iPhone
« Reply #16481 on: December 21, 2017, 07:15:21 pm »
For good reason...  quite sensible I thought....

Replace the battery and it goes faster.. the phone adapts to the condition of your battery.

So pay Apple 79 quid for a new battery or get a new phone. Win win for Apple.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16482 on: December 29, 2017, 10:18:25 am »
For good reason...  quite sensible I thought....

Replace the battery and it goes faster.. the phone adapts to the condition of your battery.

Yeah, I've been surprised by the outrage. It makes sense.

The one good thing to come from this is that we'll now be able to get cheap battery replacements for a year:D

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #16483 on: December 29, 2017, 11:23:37 am »

The one good thing to come from this is that we'll now be able to get cheap battery replacements for a year:D
It worked well on my wife’s phone.  Stopped it just switching off...  that really suited he..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16484 on: December 29, 2017, 02:59:42 pm »
;D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16485 on: December 29, 2017, 03:29:55 pm »

Because they denied it was happening and made out everyone was off their rockers.And the arguement that it prevents the phones from shutting off is total bollocks as well,phone battery is low then you charge it,they were doing it to get people to upgrade end of story.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16486 on: December 31, 2017, 02:34:38 pm »
Because they denied it was happening and made out everyone was off their rockers.And the arguement that it prevents the phones from shutting off is total bollocks as well,phone battery is low then you charge it,they were doing it to get people to upgrade end of story.

They didn't deny it, did they?  As far as I can see they admitted to it when challenged.  Had they denied it when challenged and then they were shown to have lied, that would be very different.

My old iphone 6 slowed a bit over time but not so much as to make it unusable.  Had it been running full steam but only giving me less than half a day of battery life, then it would've been unusable.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #16487 on: December 31, 2017, 04:17:10 pm »
My X has a green strip down the side like a few reports and yesterday went completely dead on full battery and needed a hard reboot

Will keep an eye on it but can see me paying a visit to Apple

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16488 on: December 31, 2017, 04:41:22 pm »
They didn't deny it, did they?  As far as I can see they admitted to it when challenged.  Had they denied it when challenged and then they were shown to have lied, that would be very different.

Yeah sorry but that is just splitting the hairs in bullshit,they could've admitted it back in 2008 or 2009 or 2010 etc,etc,etc when stories were being written making out people were crazy for even thinkiing that a stand up AMAZING company like Apple would do such a thing.

So Apple were happy to keep the reason a secret until presented with proof that they're a gang of c*nts.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16489 on: December 31, 2017, 05:48:58 pm »
Yeah sorry but that is just splitting the hairs in bullshit,they could've admitted it back in 2008 or 2009 or 2010 etc,etc,etc when stories were being written making out people were crazy for even thinkiing that a stand up AMAZING company like Apple would do such a thing.

So Apple were happy to keep the reason a secret until presented with proof that they're a gang of c*nts.

It’s not splitting hairs. You said they ‘denied it’ and made out that ‘everyone was off their rocker.’ That is patently false. Criticise them by all means if you feel hard done by, but stick to the facts.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16490 on: December 31, 2017, 06:13:27 pm »
Google is your friend,there was a media blitz as recent as October the 9th where a company that works closely with Apple claimed that they do not slow down the Iphone and ended with this little gem.

But most interestingly, the issue might not be the phone — but you.

“There is always the psychological effect of knowing that there is a new and improved model available, which can make your own device seem outdated,”

Fast forward to December and Apple admitted that the so called conspiracy theory was true.

Apple were happy for these stories about them slowing the phones down to happen every year since 2006,Applke a company that is always quick to stamp out any bullshit about their company just kept silent.

You may buy it but I certainly don't and neither does this guy.

Blogger and iPhone developer Marco Arment took to Twitter to say that it's not likely something people will forget in a hurry.

"For years, we've reassured people that no, Apple doesn't secretly slow down their older iPhones to make them buy new ones," he said in a tweet on Wednesday.

In a follow-up post, he added: "The reputation damage from secretly slowing down old iPhones, regardless of the reason, will likely linger for a decade."

No doubt Apple admitting this will have many now wondering just what else it's been keeping from us...

You would've thought that they would have addressed something that has been an issue since 2006 by making better batteries & there are no good reasons for them not doing.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16491 on: December 31, 2017, 06:54:09 pm »
Google is your friend,there was a media blitz as recent as October the 9th where a company that works closely with Apple claimed that they do not slow down the Iphone and ended with this little gem.

If Google is your friend then why can you only find ‘a company that works closely with Apple’ denying it and not actually Apple?

Offline Yanwoo

• Internet. Serious business.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not a Man Yoo fan
« Reply #16492 on: December 31, 2017, 06:57:24 pm »

Fast forward to December and Apple admitted that the so called conspiracy theory was true.

Apple were happy for these stories about them slowing the phones down to happen every year since 2006,Applke a company that is always quick to stamp out any bullshit about their company just kept silent.

You may buy it but I certainly don't and neither does this guy.

You would've thought that they would have addressed something that has been an issue since 2006 by making better batteries & there are no good reasons for them not doing.

Hahaha. Is this parody?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #16493 on: December 31, 2017, 07:01:37 pm »
If Google is your friend then why can you only find ‘a company that works closely with Apple’ denying it and not actually Apple?
Well, not your best friend obviously.. more some bloke in the pub that hangs around you but you don’t really like...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16494 on: December 31, 2017, 07:03:51 pm »
Also, that company is Futuremark - what is their ‘close’ connection to Apple?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16495 on: December 31, 2017, 07:36:45 pm »
Also, that company is Futuremark - what is their ‘close’ connection to Apple?

I know that it is Futuremark how else would I have gotten the quote,they claimed that it was all bullshit in October and even gave screen grabs that they claim backed it up,Geekbench then ran the same tests and got a different result which lead to Apple admitting to doing it.

Why Futuremark lied is for them to admit.Crack on though Apple are amazeballs & only have fanboys well-being at heart & did not do it because they wanted to sell new phones or screw people over by charging £75 for a new battery.

Bestest company in the world.

https://www.futuremark.com/pressreleases/is-it-true-that-iphones-get-slower-over-time

It is true but well you know.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 07:38:56 pm by WhereAngelsWash Their Socks By Night »

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16496 on: January 1, 2018, 09:41:22 am »
Snip

You didn't answer my question though - what is their 'close connection' to Apple that you claimed? I named the company because you decided not to in your original post - I imagine in the hope the fact there is no clear 'close connection' between the two companies wasn't questioned.

Also, you claimed Apple lied yet provided a quote from a different company altogether after providing an arsey comment about using Google. We'll have you managed to use Google yet to find this Apple lie you are talking about?

Lastly, I don't really have an opinion either way if this. I can't say I've noticed any slow down in any older iPhone I've owned (this coming as I type this on my iPhone 6 which to me appears to work as fast as the day I got it on release day).

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16497 on: January 14, 2018, 11:08:40 am »
Had an iPhone 6s for 2 weeks and the top right hand corner is darker than the rest. Will my warranty cover replacing it/getting fixed (bought from Tesco)? Not been dropped or anything.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16498 on: January 14, 2018, 11:13:17 am »
Yeah should do.

Offline jordyball10

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #16499 on: January 24, 2018, 11:11:09 am »
Can somebody help. I have just upgraded my iphone, however i sold my old one and it will not even switch on or charge? Has anyone experienced this before?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16500 on: January 24, 2018, 11:14:30 am »
Your new one won't turn on or charge? Is it brand new?

Offline jordyball10

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #16501 on: January 24, 2018, 11:16:32 am »
Your new one won't turn on or charge? Is it brand new?

Sorry mate my old one

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #16502 on: January 24, 2018, 01:34:31 pm »
Was it working fine for you, and then as soon as you sold it, the buyer says its no longer working?
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline jordyball10

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #16503 on: January 25, 2018, 12:11:05 pm »
Was it working fine for you, and then as soon as you sold it, the buyer says its no longer working?

Yeah but work with the lad so can’t really do him over.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #16504 on: January 25, 2018, 12:19:42 pm »
Yeah but work with the lad so can’t really do him over.

Haha, I was more wondering if he was trying to do you over. But does not seem like it.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #16505 on: January 25, 2018, 12:43:18 pm »
Can somebody help. I have just upgraded my iphone, however i sold my old one and it will not even switch on or charge? Has anyone experienced this before?

Try plugging it into the computer, and resetting (hold lock button and home key) see if anything happens
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Flaccid Bobby Fowler

• Supports the No To Racism campaign. Good lad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • *****In Istanbul, we won it 5 times*****
« Reply #16506 on: January 31, 2018, 04:31:54 pm »
Huge favour to ask...

My Bro got my ma an iphone 6, I have no idea if he got it online or in australia where he lives. He said it was unlocked but it isnt. Im trying to get it unlocked. I know the carrier is AT&T but I have no scooby what the country is. The model number MQ3D2X/A (MQ is not on the list of regions for iphones).

I know AT&T are in the states but they also operate in a heap of other countries. Is there any quick way Im not seeing that shows what country this bloody thing comes from?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16507 on: January 31, 2018, 04:34:13 pm »
A quick search online shows this model is available at a New Zealand based website. So possibly there.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

Offline Shabby14

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16509 on: February 2, 2018, 06:19:07 pm »
Apple definitely got me bent over a barrel now. Had an iPhone 6 on contract, with insurance from EE. Got a new handset just before the contract was over and went on a low price sim only deal. Put case and screen protector round the phone. Perfect for almost a year, until prompted to update to iOS11. Ever since, I can barely use it. Apps don't open, phone constantly resets :@

Any advice on what the best deal for the X is. I recently moved in to house with no signal, but fibre optic broadband, so only using around 1GB a month now compared to previous 15GB!

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16510 on: February 2, 2018, 06:40:43 pm »
Have you tried fixing the 6?

Offline Shabby14

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16511 on: February 2, 2018, 07:49:26 pm »
How?

Surely they'll just say sorry you need a new one?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16512 on: February 2, 2018, 08:37:38 pm »
Sounds like a bit of a dodgy install to be honest, could try resetting it.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16513 on: February 2, 2018, 09:13:28 pm »
How?

Surely they'll just say sorry you need a new one?

Sounds like a dodgy iOS install to me. I’d put it into recovery mode and through iTunes which will force it to pull a fresh copy down from Apple

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201263

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #16514 on: February 8, 2018, 08:53:45 am »
I've still not decided on which one to get, was kinda hoping someone would buy the X so i can see it closer up and how they felt about it

Offline Poet

• He IS a poet! And he truly knows it! He's a new member; fresh fire from old ember. No idiot or fool, for he follows Liverpool. A CT gift from heaven! Well, actually, from 24/7...who's taller than 5' 11"!
  • Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #16515 on: February 13, 2018, 12:29:05 pm »
Whilst I wasplaying football my phone dropped out of my pocket on 4g turf, so some little black and rubbery fragments got stuck inside the charging port. Tried getting rid of them by myself and succeeded, however I think I may have caused some damage as my phone is no longer accepting any chargers.

Does anyone know if the phone will lose everything if I take it to be repaired? It's the charging point which is the issue.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Online tinner777

• give me some sugar
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16516 on: February 13, 2018, 12:33:59 pm »
back it up wirelessly, if its still has any charge.
depends who's fixing it, apple might just send you a replacement, a fixing shop should be ok.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 12:40:48 pm by tinner777 »

Offline Poet

• He IS a poet! And he truly knows it! He's a new member; fresh fire from old ember. No idiot or fool, for he follows Liverpool. A CT gift from heaven! Well, actually, from 24/7...who's taller than 5' 11"!
  • Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #16517 on: February 13, 2018, 12:43:48 pm »
back it up wirelessly, if its still has any charge.
depends who's fixing it, apple might just send you a replacement, a fixing shop should be ok.

I apologise for my ignorance, how do I back it up wirelessly?
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16518 on: February 13, 2018, 01:04:03 pm »
iCould backup.

Settings - Accounts & Passwords - iCloud - iCloud Backup

Make sure it’s switched on then press ‘Backup Now’

Offline Poet

• Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #16519 on: February 13, 2018, 01:05:01 pm »
Cheers Grae