Author Topic: The iPhone  (Read 1041526 times)

Offline Red Star

• Kopite
Re: The iPhone
« Reply #16400 on: October 30, 2017, 03:38:27 pm »
Need to get my 8 Plus unlocked. Is this possible and how do I go about it?

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16401 on: October 31, 2017, 06:36:22 pm »
Need to get my 8 Plus unlocked. Is this possible and how do I go about it?

Why? You selling it already?

Offline Red Star

• Kopite
« Reply #16402 on: October 31, 2017, 07:35:35 pm »
Why? You selling it already?

Yeah. Going to get the X instead. Online unlocked wants £60  ??? Surely must be cheaper than that?

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16403 on: October 31, 2017, 08:37:13 pm »
Yeah. Going to get the X instead. Online unlocked wants £60  ??? Surely must be cheaper than that?

Why didn't you get the X in the first place? See no point in the 8.

Keeping my 6 for now myself though.

Offline Red Star

• Kopite
« Reply #16404 on: October 31, 2017, 10:54:50 pm »
Why didn't you get the X in the first place? See no point in the 8.

Keeping my 6 for now myself though.

Impatience lol

Surely can’t be £60 to get a phone unlocked though? That’s a scam...

Online Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16405 on: November 1, 2017, 11:04:22 am »
Did my pre-order for 64gb space grey at 8.06am with Vodfone on the 27th. Got a Nov 10th delviery date. At least my case has arrived  :'(
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16406 on: November 1, 2017, 11:11:25 am »
Initial reports are that the Face Unlock is pretty iffy and a few other (likely) firmware issues with the early release models. Those that have to wait are probably going to benefit, rather than be hindered by, the wait for them.

From most of the reports I've read the Face Unlock is more down to people getting used to it and how it works rather than it being iffy (as in how it works).

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #16407 on: November 1, 2017, 11:27:39 am »
Impatience lol

Surely can’t be £60 to get a phone unlocked though? That’s a scam...

You essentially chose to get ripped-off by buying a phone you're getting rid of after a month, what's £60 more?
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16408 on: November 1, 2017, 11:34:34 am »
So Vodafone want around £150 upfront and £68 a month for me to stick on a similar plan to now.

I'm paying under £21 a month now with a 6 that is working perfectly fine. Really in two minds if the X is going to be worth the additional cost.

You can get it on sky mobile for £37/mo and pick a data/calls package to go with it. Better deals for existing customers, which almost made me fall off my fucking chair considering the 'fuck you for your loyalty' I usually experience from vodafone.

Considering I spend 99% of my life near a router I reckon I might get away with their £5 a month one ;D not totally sure I'll go with the X, looking at the 8 as well.
« Last Edit: November 1, 2017, 11:36:21 am by Harley Quinn »

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16409 on: November 1, 2017, 09:42:26 pm »
I've just wiped about 15 fucking years of fucking music off my fucking iPhone because iTunes is a fucking c*nt piece of fucking shit fuck

All I wanted to do was add an album, I'm on a new computer with barely anything in the Library, so I before I do anything I press "Backup to this Computer" which says "a full backup of your iphone will be stored on this computer". Being the fucking idiot I am I thought this meant everything on my iphone, including my music, would be backed up onto my computer. Turns out I was wrong. I pressed Sync and bam, all my music is gone and all I'm left with is about 300 songs from my new library. I think fucking hell, lucky I backed up. Well turns out the backup was just shit like, I don't even know what? Apps? Photos? Not actual fucking music which is all I'm using iTunes for in the first place.

I'm pretty sure I'm fucked here. All the music on my iPhone has been added bit by bit on various computers and laptops I've owned, from my first iPod about 15 years ago to the iPhone I have now.
« Last Edit: November 1, 2017, 09:47:07 pm by Dench57 »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #16410 on: November 1, 2017, 09:46:23 pm »
Just restore it to the previous back up...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16411 on: November 1, 2017, 09:48:43 pm »
Just restore it to the previous back up...

i did, thinking that would be all the music on my iphone at the time I backed it up, it just backs up your current library, which was like the 200 songs i had on my new computer
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16412 on: November 1, 2017, 09:52:21 pm »
i did, thinking that would be all the music on my iphone at the time I backed it up, it just backs up your current library, which was like the 200 songs i had on my new computer
Don’t ever connect to iTunes...

Pretty sure that you can restore form other back ups...

Check it out on line...

Reset your phone and restore form another back up.. should give you a choice...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16413 on: November 1, 2017, 09:55:24 pm »

Check it out on line...

ok fuck it, i've dug out my old laptop and my old itunes library is on there, now I guess I want to save this onto an external harddrive? manage music manually? i'm doing it now but the last thing I want is to press the wrong button and it wipes this laptop too and leaves me with that sole fucking MANDATORY U2 ALBUM

you're right i should've known better, i've avoided putting music on for so long because itunes is always just such a fucking c*nt, apple just make it as hard as possible to for you to add new music if its not bought from them on iTunes, whatever happened to drag and drop?

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16414 on: November 1, 2017, 10:00:59 pm »
If you’ve bought the music on iTunes you can download it on your phone again..
W

Offline Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16415 on: November 1, 2017, 10:03:27 pm »
i don't think i've ever bought a single song from itunes and this is my punishment

Offline Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16416 on: November 1, 2017, 10:07:51 pm »
anyway, i've got my old laptop out, all my old music is on iTunes with my playlists and everything but if you press to play a song it says "itunes can't locate this file" so I guess thats fucked

Offline Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16417 on: November 1, 2017, 10:09:59 pm »

Check it out on line...

but I did restore from a backup I saved about 10 mins before wiping everything thinking it included music on my phone, that included all my apps/settings/photos whatever but the music i guess is strictly tied to your Library, whatever was on my iPhone did not match what was on my library because I've got an old iphone and a new computer
« Last Edit: November 1, 2017, 10:17:36 pm by Dench57 »

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16418 on: November 2, 2017, 08:55:40 am »
Forget iTunes and get on Spotify, to be honest.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16419 on: November 2, 2017, 09:00:57 am »
So you’re blaming iTunes as you didn’t know how it worked properly and managed to wipe your own phone?  ;D

Personally I use Apple Music, have uploaded my own owned music to the cloud using Match and can now listen to this anywhere and always got a back up.

I tend not to have much music saved on my phone anymore, just stream it all.

Online Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16420 on: November 2, 2017, 07:43:43 pm »
X being delivered in the morning
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline NCrawley

• Kopite
« Reply #16421 on: November 4, 2017, 09:36:54 am »
Bought the 64gb 8 plus outright with the intention of passing it on to my partner in July when my current contract runs out in July, was going to go with giff gaff and was going to get the X. My partner will no longer need the phone as she won an 8 in a competition! What sort of value will the 8 Plus retain? I have never had iPhones so no idea but have heard they stay quite high? And where are the best places to sell them? I have a case and screen protector so everything will be perfect condition.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #16422 on: November 7, 2017, 07:17:15 pm »
Anyone know the deal with finance from apple? i think i have to book an appointment in one of their shops and pay around £96 up front? then monthly after that over 2 years

Offline S.Red please

• SerbianRed ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Penny Lane there is a barber showing photographs
    • HFSG
« Reply #16423 on: November 9, 2017, 09:13:25 pm »
Anyone know the deal with finance from apple? i think i have to book an appointment in one of their shops and pay around £96 up front? then monthly after that over 2 years

Get a HSBC credit card, up to £5500 interest free for 26 months. Seems much better.

My 6S is unbearable, battery non existent. Goes down within an hour I’m due an upgrade anyway. What’s the verdict on the X ? Anyone got one?
Justice for the 97

Offline Lager

• Main Stander
« Reply #16424 on: November 9, 2017, 11:19:54 pm »

You'd be better getting on the iPhone upgrade program. It's 0% interest, paid off over 20 months with £69 up front, AppleCare included and you can trade the phone in for the new one every year

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #16425 on: November 10, 2017, 02:21:44 am »
You'd be better getting on the iPhone upgrade program. It's 0% interest, paid off over 20 months with £69 up front, AppleCare included and you can trade the phone in for the new one every year
That sounds good to me, I need to book an appointment for it though yeah?

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16426 on: November 10, 2017, 07:06:41 pm »

You’re paying for the AppleCare in that so if you don’t want it then the iPhone upgrade programme isn’t worth it
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #16427 on: November 10, 2017, 07:45:11 pm »
an upgrade every 12 months though, has to be worth it for that surely?

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16428 on: November 10, 2017, 08:07:49 pm »
an upgrade every 12 months though, has to be worth it for that surely?

It's no different to buying the phone and AppleCare on a 0% credit card. On the Apple programme they buy the phone back from you after 12 months at whatever they value it at and you pay the difference from what you owe. There's no saving on this in comparison to buying the phone outright and upgrading whenever you feel like.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #16429 on: November 13, 2017, 09:57:41 am »
It's no different to buying the phone and AppleCare on a 0% credit card. On the Apple programme they buy the phone back from you after 12 months at whatever they value it at and you pay the difference from what you owe. There's no saving on this in comparison to buying the phone outright and upgrading whenever you feel like.

i do need to get some sort of good credit too so i suppose maybe getting it on a credit card might be a good idea

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #16430 on: November 13, 2017, 09:29:16 pm »
So my mum has a just got an iPhone 6, she did use an iPhone 5, she wants to have her photos on the new phone, they are all on iCloud but they aren't coming up on the new phone even though she's signed in

Offline Lager

• Main Stander
« Reply #16431 on: November 14, 2017, 02:26:43 am »
i do need to get some sort of good credit too so i suppose maybe getting it on a credit card might be a good idea

You also build your credit score from direct debits, 0% financing etc.

For me the upgrade program was a no brainer as you get a new phone every year, it’s all direct through apple and apple care is included. If you’re wanting the iPhone X then I would be getting apple care regardless because a screen repair alone is 280 quid and I think any other damage (eg back glass) is around £500, with apple care I think accidental damage is £25 for up to two instances of damage

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #16432 on: November 23, 2017, 07:52:09 am »
Well i want to an apple shop to have a look at the X, i wasn't keen on it to be honest, didn't feel like THAT much of an upgrade from the 6 i used to have

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16433 on: November 24, 2017, 12:00:20 am »
Well i want to an apple shop to have a look at the X, i wasn't keen on it to be honest, didn't feel like THAT much of an upgrade from the 6 i used to have

I've gone from a 6 to a X.  It's night and day, to be honest. Really impressed by it. Best iphone i've owned - and that's what i previously said about the 6.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16434 on: November 24, 2017, 01:10:01 pm »

I had 6plus and the 7plus and I think its a significant step up. It is an amazing phone.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16435 on: November 24, 2017, 09:00:13 pm »
Went from the 7 to the X. Love it, great phone.

Offline Owenjg77

• Main Stander
« Reply #16436 on: November 24, 2017, 09:41:20 pm »
I think the faceunlock is good but I find myself having to enter my
password to unlock way more than on finger print scan

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16437 on: November 25, 2017, 03:36:39 pm »
Nah, not getting tempted in by the iPhone X, no matter what. It's incredible how pricey it really is, when it costs of production are minuscule in comparison. I reluctantly paid for the iPhone 4, 5 and 6 - but it's taking the piss now how quickly it needs replacing and how much the newer models cost. Not worth getting an iPhone 5/6 second-hand now either, since it can barely run the software or keep up with its demands.

Just sticking to my old iPhone 6 now, which has a range of problems including cutting out randomly at 30-40% and being slow. Maybe in 10 years time when the X is cheaper I'll get that...

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16438 on: November 25, 2017, 03:44:21 pm »
My 6 works the same today as it did when I got it the day it was released, no noticable slow down, no battery issues, nothing. I’ve always found their phones last pretty well save for the odd issue.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16439 on: November 27, 2017, 01:38:56 pm »
Just sticking to my old iPhone 6 now, which has a range of problems including cutting out randomly at 30-40% and being slow. Maybe in 10 years time when the X is cheaper I'll get that...

2 days later and I’ve bought a second hand 6S Plus. Software is just way too laggy for me on this and had it with the battery now.

I don’t always take my card out to pay for things at Sainsbury’s, just use Apple Pay. Phone was on 58% before I left, tried paying for my shopping only for my phone to be dead. Had no change on me, nothing. Got home and plugged it in and it restarted straight away on 32%.