32 (25.4%)
Murphy
4 (3.2%)
Robertson
27 (21.4%)
Allen
9 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 126

Author Topic: The Snooker thread  (Read 637057 times)

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Snooker thread
« Reply #12120 on: April 23, 2024, 05:58:48 pm »
Great stuff from Si to win the decider.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #12121 on: April 23, 2024, 05:59:45 pm »
Balls look good to finish with one visit here.

His terrific potting got him out of trouble, because despite his talent, and bottle, both of which are self-evident, his cue ball is sometimes awry.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12122 on: April 23, 2024, 06:05:05 pm »
Virgo and Doherty have to be the absolute worst commentary pairing in the history of snooker. So fucking annoying and just talk complete shite for the sake of talking complete shite.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline fridgepants

• Main Stander
  • They should let everybody be a giant for a day
« Reply #12123 on: April 23, 2024, 06:52:30 pm »
I did like the Judgement Day a couple of years ago that just devolved into Rob Walker and Ken talking about their dogs. Ken's is called Truffle.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #12124 on: April 23, 2024, 07:13:25 pm »
I feel like I’m alone on this one…but I cannot bare Rob Walker. Makes me cringe every time he’s on screen, like a real life Partridge.
AHA!

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #12125 on: April 23, 2024, 07:43:27 pm »
Milkins v Pang - what a contrast to this afternoon’s matches. Like two club players.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Online Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #12126 on: April 23, 2024, 09:18:48 pm »
Milkins v Pang - what a contrast to this afternoon’s matches. Like two club players.

Just stuck it on for the 14th frame then. Almost funny.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #12127 on: April 23, 2024, 10:04:06 pm »
glad I can say I've been there now, especially if it does move in 4 years or whatever. decent afternoon.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #12128 on: April 23, 2024, 11:21:50 pm »
I feel like I’m alone on this one…but I cannot bare Rob Walker. Makes me cringe every time he’s on screen, like a real life Partridge.

He's pure ham but it does seem to come from a place of genuine love and enthusiasm for what he does so he gets a pass from me. He's harmless enough really.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #12129 on: April 23, 2024, 11:45:44 pm »
Virgo and Doherty have to be the absolute worst commentary pairing in the history of snooker. So fucking annoying and just talk complete shite for the sake of talking complete shite.

I've heard Virgo is a genuine nice bloke, but his commentary is awful, he just painfully constantly waffles endlessly on, that i have to turn the volume on mute when he's commentating, best commentators shut the fuck up & let the picture do the talking.

I know he's been dead for a few years but Willie Thorne was one of the worst commentators, he would always suggest a shot for a player to take, Thorne would pat himself on the back should he guess correctly, then bemoan for the rest of the frame, & next frame should the player then take a different shot from the one he suggested.
#Sausages

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12130 on: Yesterday at 06:58:42 am »
I've heard Virgo is a genuine nice bloke, but his commentary is awful, he just painfully constantly waffles endlessly on, that i have to turn the volume on mute when he's commentating, best commentators shut the fuck up & let the picture do the talking.

I know he's been dead for a few years but Willie Thorne was one of the worst commentators, he would always suggest a shot for a player to take, Thorne would pat himself on the back should he guess correctly, then bemoan for the rest of the frame, & next frame should the player then take a different shot from the one he suggested.

He would often give odds on the player potting it as well. Used to make my head swivel. Some tricky cut and he'd say "thats about a 7/4 chance."

My favourite by far is Hendry, never liked him as a player but hes very good at commentating.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #12131 on: Yesterday at 07:04:04 am »
walker's fine. I think he genuinely is just that enthusiastic about things.

not sure he should be anywhere near commentary though, maybe in the qualifiers but not the main tournament.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12132 on: Yesterday at 07:19:47 am »
He's pure ham but it does seem to come from a place of genuine love and enthusiasm for what he does so he gets a pass from me. He's harmless enough really.

Yeah that's why I don't mind him. It's all genuine. I'd have found the hug he gave Selby cringeworthy from most other presenters, but you know he meant it.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12133 on: Yesterday at 10:32:05 am »

Rob Walker is alright. His job is to gee up the crowd before the players come on rather than provide analysis.

Totally agree that Hendry is head and shoulders the best snooker pundit. Partly because he was so good he doesn't feel cowed by calling out players for poor shot selection and bottling it. Hated him as a player as I was a big Jimmy White fan but he was the player most responsible for changing the game from a largely safety based game to an attacking one. The class of 92 essentially realised they had to match his game to succeed and in turn successive generations have followed the same pattern.  Even grinders like Selby are actually very aggressive.

The interesting games today are Ding/Lisowski and Hawkins/Day. Can easily see the unseeded players winning there. The last 16 draw could look threadbare if that happens.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12134 on: Yesterday at 10:45:16 am »
100% agree on Hendry. And in fact I have revised my opinion of him over the last 10 years in his absence. Ronnie is clearly the GOAT, but I think there's a far bigger gap between Hendry in second and whoever is third (Davis or John Higgins) than between Hendry and Ronnie. And I think Hendry from the early 90s probably beats Ronnie from any time. The reason why Ronnie is the GOAT however is that he has more hardware and doing it for 30 years is just absolutely ridiculous.

The thing I never realised when I was younger watching Hendry is just how aggressive he was. Since he was competing against Jimmy in all those finals he seemed like the dour/slower one but he was just as aggressive a player as Ronnie or Williams really.

Also revised my opinion on Selby, used to detest him but the way he talks now is very refreshing. He basically says that he knows the style of snooker he has to play to be successful is horrendous but what else can he do about it? And the clash between that his actual affable personality seems to be causing him issues.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12135 on: Yesterday at 12:08:20 pm »
Love listening to Hendry. His YouTube channel is pretty good too.

Pretty sure Steve Davis had a right few pints before the last one he uploaded  :D

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #12136 on: Yesterday at 01:12:18 pm »
Yeah, his YouTube channel is great. Apart from when he gets bullshitters like Bullard on, made a century my arse.
AHA!

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12137 on: Yesterday at 01:29:17 pm »
Ding out aswell now.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12138 on: Yesterday at 02:17:53 pm »
O'Sullivan an even bigger favourite, now.  Even before he's hit a ball.

Offline San Diego Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #12139 on: Yesterday at 04:39:30 pm »
O'Sullivan an even bigger favourite, now.  Even before he's hit a ball.
He cruising in his match too.....up 6-0 right now. Can't see JP winning a frame at this rate.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #12140 on: Yesterday at 04:47:27 pm »
all he needed to do was a total clearance. easy.

Offline San Diego Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #12141 on: Yesterday at 04:48:01 pm »
all he needed to do was a total clearance. easy.
yeah where did that come from lol.....brilliant break

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #12142 on: Yesterday at 07:42:15 pm »
Hate classical concerts ruined by coughers. There’s one at the snooker this last couple of days and they should imho, be asked to leave the auditorium.

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12143 on: Yesterday at 10:50:09 pm »
Higgins and Jones in the balance.

Wouldn't mind Jones doing the business tomorrow  :D

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12144 on: Today at 12:20:15 pm »
Higgins and Jones in the balance.

Wouldn't mind Jones doing the business tomorrow  :D

Me too. He has a chance as Higgins is not the force he was.

Hawkins out too so Ronnie’s potential path now is Page (virtually done), Day, Lisowski, Trump, Allen/Wilson in the final. Have a sneaky feeling Ford might give Trump a tough game in the next round.

With all the seeds falling there will be some strange looking last 16 and QF matches.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12145 on: Today at 01:11:53 pm »
Me too. He has a chance as Higgins is not the force he was.

Hawkins out too so Ronnie’s potential path now is Page (virtually done), Day, Lisowski, Trump, Allen/Wilson in the final. Have a sneaky feeling Ford might give Trump a tough game in the next round.

With all the seeds falling there will be some strange looking last 16 and QF matches.

A lot of rumours around a breakaway tour being formed by the older top players.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12146 on: Today at 01:57:20 pm »
Might as well just give O'Sullivan the title, now.

Nobody left will beat him, this year.