Author Topic: Raheem Sterling  (Read 107982 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: Raheem Sterling, footie idiot
« Reply #160 on: May 29, 2018, 12:13:33 pm »
So whats the issue exactly, he has a tattoo of a gun....? Is that it? Seriously?  ???
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: May 29, 2018, 12:19:13 pm »
Medias National sport of attacking him will never reach its lowest moment.

Offline Kelvinlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • #JFT96
« Reply #162 on: May 29, 2018, 12:20:55 pm »
As much as I don't like the bloke the rag have shown to the nation once again what a bunch of shithouses they really are. They see a tattoo of a machine gun on a young black man and the first thing they think is to paint this in the worst light possible when it actual fact it's supposedly a tribute to his father who was gunned down when he was 2 years old. A questionable tribute IMO but a tribute nonetheless.

Fuck the S*N

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #163 on: May 29, 2018, 12:21:34 pm »
So whats the issue exactly, he has a tattoo of a gun....? Is that it? Seriously?  ???

It's a bit of a strange tattoo, but it's his choice and he has reasons for it, other than him thinking it looks cool. He's the easy target though.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline QR350

• Definitely NOT one of the "irregulars".....RAWK Queen: spends a lot of time on the throne!
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #164 on: May 29, 2018, 12:46:13 pm »
It's lazy journalism, which isn't a huge surprise with that rag.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: May 29, 2018, 01:51:17 pm »
A strange tribute to his dad, but he should be free to remember him whatever way he so chooses. Just another reason in an endless list of reasons that that piece of shit excuse for a newspaper shouldn't be allowed to print.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: May 29, 2018, 02:15:45 pm »
Should this be titled "Right footie idiot" now?
I'd rather we didn't have that in the title at all, since it's what a certain rag as well as the Daily Mail etc. refer to him as.

He's a dickhead in the eyes of our fans, and I'm all for him getting jeered at Anfield since he plays poorly because of it. However, the agenda that these particular newspapers have against him is ridiculous. They will slate him for shopping at Poundland, flying economy, shopping at Primark, but will then slate him if he buys a new car. He's done some pretty good stuff too, didn't he donate a fair bit of money to Grenfell?

The campaign against him is strange since he's relatively quiet and hasn't really done much wrong. He's got a crap tattoo, but I'm sure if Harry Kane got it they'd not bat an eyelid. Then again, Harry Kane is white.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #167 on: May 29, 2018, 02:24:36 pm »
He's still a dickhead, but not our problem any more.

The media campaign is just the sort of shithousery that you would expect from that paper, and to be supported by Piers Moron. It is not news. Who honestly gives a shit. If the papers outed every footballer with dodgy taste, there would not no room left for any actual sport.

Offline Claude Cat

• Sworn Enemy of Pawed Dog!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #168 on: May 29, 2018, 02:59:40 pm »
High time every club in the league banned that shit rag from their premises like us and Everton.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Re: Raheem Sterling
« Reply #169 on: May 29, 2018, 03:39:47 pm »
I'd rather we didn't have that in the title at all, since it's what a certain rag as well as the Daily Mail etc. refer to him as.

Agreed.

Offline josh101

• Main Stander
« Reply #170 on: May 29, 2018, 04:06:34 pm »
Medias National sport of attacking him will never reach its lowest moment.
Don't be so sure.

I can't believe I'm actually feeling sorry for Raheem Sterling.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: May 29, 2018, 04:22:14 pm »
Don't be so sure.

Wow!  :o

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #172 on: May 29, 2018, 05:35:35 pm »
Don't be so sure.

That’s so outrageous it actually had me laughing rather than angry but what a gang of c*nts.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: May 29, 2018, 06:13:48 pm »
Absolute disgrace from the press this.

He's not the sharpest implement in the toolbox it seems, but most of the witchhunt seems to be merely because he's a successful young black man with money.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: May 29, 2018, 06:40:37 pm »
The media are such dickheads, how are people getting paid to write this absolute shit?

I would hate to be famous, fuck being harassed by these pricks 24/7

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: May 29, 2018, 06:42:55 pm »
I've actually forgiven his shittery because the media have been so awful to him.

If anyone ever asks you what institutional racism looks like...
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #176 on: May 29, 2018, 07:07:51 pm »
Absolute disgrace from the press this.

He's not the sharpest implement in the toolbox it seems, but most of the witchhunt seems to be merely because he's a successful young black man with money.

In a nutshell. Him being a black jamaican born national is the only reason I can think of why this witch hunt continues with him. He buys his mum a house, lambasted. He flies and shops budget, criticised out of snobbery. He has a kid, lies told about him having more than his sum. Gets called a love rat, literally has never openly cheated since he came through.

He had two issues coming through with regards to his behaviour, one was a charge that got dropped and that was as a stupid 17 year old. Maybe he doesn't feel he has the energy for it but I'm surprised he hasn't as yet taken legal action against the papers because it's gone way beyond honest comment.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: May 29, 2018, 07:14:29 pm »
I've actually forgiven his shittery because the media have been so awful to him.

Yeah was my feeling too. I don't particularly have many feelings about Sterling but this should be a non-story really. It seems like it's easy to round on Sterling for a multitude of reasons, most of them he unfortunately can't control. Something we can all agree on is that The Sun are c*nts.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: May 29, 2018, 09:03:18 pm »
Yeah was my feeling too. I don't particularly have many feelings about Sterling but this should be a non-story really. It seems like it's easy to round on Sterling for a multitude of reasons, most of them he unfortunately can't control. Something we can all agree on is that The Sun are c*nts.
i do wonder whether the rag are doing this sort of stuff to try to win points with the Liverpool fans who’ve deserted their rag over the years, but that bit from the article linking the two is a disgrace, city at least should be banning them as well as England

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: May 29, 2018, 09:05:53 pm »
Don't be so sure.

Wow, that’s outrageous! Bizarre.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #180 on: May 29, 2018, 10:07:30 pm »

That’s my view of him too. Obviously we all disliked how he left and have our thoughts. He has his reasons. He said a few sly things about Rodgers who did a lot for him but was probably ‘just’ part of the exit strategy.

Don’t really dislike him the way I do some others, like how our booing him seems to affect how he plays against us.

All of the above is probably irrelevant, absolutely no justification for the way the tabloids go for him for the slightest thing. Vermin.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: May 29, 2018, 10:42:57 pm »
i do wonder whether the rag are doing this sort of stuff to try to win points with the Liverpool fans who’ve deserted their rag over the years, but that bit from the article linking the two is a disgrace, city at least should be banning them as well as England

City banning those c*nts and a few black players voicing their disgust at the institutional racism would be perfect.
He promised he'd never shoot a gun so I suppose the relevance of the tattoo is that he only shoots with that foot. Yea it's a bit naff but if that was a crime most footballers would be in jail.

Offline E2K

• A seriously talented
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: May 29, 2018, 11:41:34 pm »
Dog whistles all over the media's treatment of Raheem Sterling, sadly. It's fucking sick and it's been this way for more than 2 years. I wrote this back in 2016:

I certainly don’t agree with the view that these English players are “soft”, a word which, to me, has certain connotations not a million (or even a handful of) miles removed from the same kind of rhetoric that drove Brexit. Not that I’m accusing Carragher of parroting that nonsense, although his apparent derision at the idea of football academies does carry an unfortunately backwards undertone. He’s simply misguided, like so many others, and sometimes that can be just as bad. It just feels like the same inward-looking, nostalgic, harking back to the “good old days” of Terry Butcher’s bloody bandage and ‘Psycho’ Pearce acting the, well, psycho after that penalty against Spain, that tackle by Moore or when Lineker scored, Bobby belting the ball…ugh, I’ll stop that before I get sick…bullshit that reduces everything to black or white, hard or soft, in or out.

The sensible, and brave, decision was to avoid that kind of rhetoric like the plague. It’s what got Hodgson the job in the first place and prompted possibly the worst piece of writing I’ve ever seen from an English football journalist (whose surname wasn’t Samuel and first name wasn’t Martin) in June when one of them, Michael Henderson, stated that: “When Raheem Sterling retires at night in his £3 million fortress in Prestbury, the Cheshire village which serves as a barracks for the Manchester light infantry, it’s a fair bet he doesn’t mug up on the literature of Latin America. It would be interesting to know whether he has actually read a book at all.”

There’s a bizarrely poisonous couple of sentences for you, a relatively short time removed from another journalist, Jeff Powell, interpreting Sterling’s fatigue prior to a European Championship qualifier in Estonia as “a player who had announced himself too tired to give his all for his country” and suggesting that “it is worth drawing to Master Sterling’s attention that younger men than he fight and die for this country.” Later on in his reign, the England manager himself said of Daniel Sturridge, another of England’s best and brightest talents, that “it was important for me to test his resolve a little bit…and I am delighted he did get out there, even though he maybe didn't feel 100 per cent, because that means in future I will know I can trust him as an England player and he is not going to be playing when he feels like it”. So, to summarise: Sterling is illiterate, or at least uninterested in Latin American literature, and possibly unworthy of living near the Manchester light infantry (because why else mention it?), while Sturridge is simply lazy and untrustworthy.

These are two players that Brendan Rodgers, who will likely never become a top manager, used to good effect in ransacking the Premier League a few seasons back, something which, even if you were inclined to agree with Hamann’s Iceland post-game comments, shows how effective the duo can be. Allardyce, if he has any sense, should be looking to build his team around them. At the very least, one can bend stunners in with the outside of his boot in the Europa League finals and the other has pace to burn, a key attribute given the importance of getting to the line and around the back of defenders who may very well be hitting and hurting you, wise words from another former Liverpool and “England man” a couple of years before he started being mercilessly booed by his own fans for no apparent reason, possibly because they thought he was lazy, untrustworthy and uninterested in the works of Pablo Neruda. And quite possibly “soft”.

I wish football people got angry about stuff like this and weren't afraid to show it. I wish Pep Guardiola, as powerful a manager as there is in world football, would have a couple of burly Manchester City security men remove whatever correspondent the rag next sends to the Etihad and pass along the message that they needn't bother ever showing their credentials at the door ever again because those credentials are mud. I won't hold my breath.

Far more worrying is what kind of society this horrendous rhetoric is breeding/has bred, a paranoid one scared of anything that looks different as far as I can see. I can't believe they're still going after him like this and it's just allowed. No wonder Brexit happened.
Twitter: @e2klassic
Blog: theredstar.home.blog

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: May 30, 2018, 04:08:32 am »
Pack of c*nts.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline josh101

• Main Stander
« Reply #184 on: May 30, 2018, 07:58:40 am »
Sly Sports getting in the action alongside The Scum now

https://twitter.com/kylewalker115/status/1001592360164364289?s=19

They added the word "again" to Sterling's quote to insinuate he's shot a gun before.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: May 30, 2018, 09:10:02 am »
Quality player, but we knew that a long time ago - seems to have added more end product to his game this year. I'm reasonably apathetic talking about Raheem, he'll be nothing more than a footnote at best in our history books.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #186 on: May 30, 2018, 10:10:31 am »
Ive been unfortunate enough to see a print of the scum’s front page today and it’s got even worse.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #187 on: May 30, 2018, 10:39:59 am »
On the ball these!

Offline MattyBoy21

• Anny Roader
« Reply #188 on: May 30, 2018, 11:22:20 am »

Spot on.

I couldn't give a toss about him after the way he left here but on a human level you can't help but feel for the lad and the shit he constantly has to put up with. As others have said I'm surprised he hasn't taken legal action yet. Absolutely disgraceful the way he is targeted in the media.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #189 on: May 30, 2018, 11:43:31 am »
Fuck the S*n.

I hope Raheem does brilliantly at the World Cup and they're forced to fawn over him, the c*nts!

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #190 on: May 30, 2018, 02:06:30 pm »
Sly Sports getting in the action alongside The Scum now

https://twitter.com/kylewalker115/status/1001592360164364289?s=19

They added the word "again" to Sterling's quote to insinuate he's shot a gun before.

Makes it sound like he was responsible for gun crime as a two-year-old! Bunch of wankers the lot of them for doing this.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline QR350

• Definitely NOT one of the "irregulars".....RAWK Queen: spends a lot of time on the throne!
  • Kopite
« Reply #191 on: May 30, 2018, 02:14:14 pm »
I really do hate the media in this country. Sterling could win England the World Cup and they'd complain about why he didn't do it before

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: May 30, 2018, 02:16:48 pm »
That's shite tattoo and he's still a c*nt.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: May 30, 2018, 02:22:15 pm »
I have no ill-will towards him. I think we're too keen to crucify footballers and public figures in this country like they aren't real people, it's inevitable you get coverage like he has when you do that.

I actually don't think he's a prick for leaving us, or even wanting to, but what always annoyed me was the way he turned on Rodgers, that was very silly. Other than that though, we got him as a teenager and ended up getting a hefty fee for him. Can't complain, we're much too bigger than him to be eternally upset about that.

He actually seems like one of the few English footballers with a personality, as scared as he must be to show it with our media. Fuck 'em.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: May 30, 2018, 02:23:26 pm »
Hilarious to see the newspapers that would be the first to cheer our politicians on to bombing other countries take this stance against a tattoo of a weapon though.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: May 30, 2018, 03:54:51 pm »
Hilarious to see the newspapers that would be the first to cheer our politicians on to bombing other countries take this stance against a tattoo of a weapon though.

Must be a right sodding slow news day....it's a tattoo.....who gives a monkeys

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #196 on: May 30, 2018, 04:09:29 pm »
That's shite tattoo and he's still a c*nt.
Nah, he was a greedy boy - too harsh labelling him a c*nt

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: May 30, 2018, 04:14:54 pm »
Nah, he was a greedy boy - too harsh labelling him a c*nt

The way he acted went beyond greed, its not too far to call him that to be honest, it was disrespectful to the fans.

/

Quite frightening how openly racist the media in this country are

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: May 30, 2018, 08:00:02 pm »
Kids dad is murdered with a gun,kid shoots with right foot so gets gun on leg,shitrag attacks him but not because he is Jamaican.

I am not arsed about Raheem and think that he acted a twat with us (at least his agent) but this is just fucking stupid.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: May 30, 2018, 08:04:21 pm »
The press coverage of him is creepily obsessive, contradictory and racist.