Author Topic: Luis Garcia  (Read 168654 times)

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Luis Garcia - Top Bloke
« Reply #120 on: October 22, 2008, 04:20:07 pm »
Never understand why people say he was frustrating. I don't find loads of goals and assists frustrating at all.

Can't agree that we have better players on our bench now either, or sometimes in the team - I'd have him back over wingers and forwards like Yossi, El Zhar, N'Gog and Pennant in a heartbeat.

Offline Ice Red

• Kopite
  • And could he play!!
« Reply #121 on: October 22, 2008, 04:34:12 pm »
Never understand why people say he was frustrating. I don't find loads of goals and assists frustrating at all.

Can't agree that we have better players on our bench now either, or sometimes in the team - I'd have him back over wingers and forwards like Yossi, El Zhar, N'Gog and Pennant in a heartbeat.

What he said

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #122 on: October 22, 2008, 04:56:52 pm »

Fo' Sho

You'd have to say Sinama is a loss also, loads wanted him to be given an opportunity

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #123 on: October 22, 2008, 06:22:36 pm »
Says so much about a player, when... we, flying higher then we have in many years. Still want the guy back, regardless.

It's because his heart is here, if we ever won the League... wouldn't you love Luis to share in the joy?

Bring back Luis :(
:D

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: October 22, 2008, 08:35:02 pm »
Not forgetting what he did for us and all, but Luis has been such a annoying little complainer tonight

Offline demil7

• Main Stander
  • I'm not that good; I try hard and score key goals!
« Reply #125 on: October 22, 2008, 08:39:47 pm »
Not forgetting what he did for us and all, but Luis has been such a annoying little complainer tonight

Yeah and he didn't do that for us. He was completely different. (sarcasm) People have to understand something called bias. I love him, but he has always gone down easier than others. It's just his style of play. Still love him to bits.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #126 on: October 22, 2008, 08:45:11 pm »

Diving twat.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #127 on: October 22, 2008, 10:32:49 pm »
Diving twat.

Riera did not dive.. :P
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline freedom

• Legacy Fan
  • ♥ You'll never walk alone ♥
« Reply #128 on: October 22, 2008, 10:34:30 pm »
Bill Shankly: " A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. "

¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸...¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
\¸.¤ LIVERPOOL¤*¨*¤.
.\¸.¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸.¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
..\
☻/
.▌
/ \

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: October 22, 2008, 10:35:43 pm »
After that guff in the paper about not knowing if he could celebrate against us, it's a bit fucking rich to throw in a dive or 2 tonight  ::) Ahhh well....
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: October 22, 2008, 10:40:06 pm »
Riera did not dive.. :P

Clear penalty.

Offline ben

• Legacy Fan
  • dont you know who i think i am?
« Reply #131 on: October 22, 2008, 10:45:19 pm »
garcia was frustrating. i don't care if he scored 30 goals a season, nothing would change that fact. misplacing short pass after short pass is unforgivable. in fact, the fact that he could score sublime goals makes him giving the ball away every finve minutes even more frustrating.

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: October 22, 2008, 10:58:51 pm »
garcia was frustrating. i don't care if he scored 30 goals a season, nothing would change that fact. misplacing short pass after short pass is unforgivable. in fact, the fact that he could score sublime goals makes him giving the ball away every finve minutes even more frustrating.

It's not a fact, it's an opinion and a misguided one at that. He didn't frustrate me, because he he never did misplace short pass after short pass, or give the ball away every five minutes. He tried to create opportunities, both for himself and others. When it didn't work he never let his head drop, he just tried again. And when he did give the ball away two or three times, chances were on the fourth occasion he would assist or score a goal.

Offline Antony

• Stupid, thick cup of soupio
  • Legacy Fan
  • Barack Obam-la is Scouse Society
« Reply #133 on: October 22, 2008, 11:01:50 pm »
Diving Shithouse

Aye lad, whens the remix coming out?

Offline USC19Babel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: October 22, 2008, 11:02:00 pm »
As much as I like Luis.. Seeing as he was instrumental in our acquiring Torres, I think we got the long end of the stick on this one.

Offline ben

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: October 22, 2008, 11:04:17 pm »
it is a fact because 40,000 people were heard loud and clear, every week as they groaned with frustration when he gave it away. if that's not proof that people were frustrated with him at times, i don't know what is.

i think you're just assuming that because i think he was frustrating, i automatically think he was crap. i don't, i think he's a great player, and have a lot of time for players who do what he do. look for gaps, play between the lines and create opportunities. i'd have him back here in fact.

but it was the needlessly giving the ball away in his own half that frustrated me. moments where he wasn't being 'creative', moments where he was simply careless with the ball. if you don't think they came too often with luis, fair enough, but that's a different player than the one i remember.

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #136 on: October 22, 2008, 11:34:26 pm »
Too many games like today is why rafa got rid
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: October 22, 2008, 11:37:32 pm »
Was an embarrassment to himself tonight the way he was going down.

Offline ben

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: October 22, 2008, 11:38:54 pm »
would be a bit rich of us to knock him for diving now when he was doing it for us not long ago.

Offline grimreaper

• this is a new one... ok it's shite but it is a no-brainer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: October 22, 2008, 11:39:54 pm »
Too many games like today is why rafa got rid
Is about what I was going to put,

glad we had him at the time though like

Offline Smug Cassandra

• outh strikes again :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Siempre Liverpool Siempre River Plate
« Reply #140 on: October 23, 2008, 01:36:53 am »
Luis en mi cabeza y mi corazon.

Un amigo de Liverpool

Gracias Luis por todos.

Te olvido nunca.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 01:43:29 am by Big m »
! LIVERPOOL - EN LAS MALAS - MUCHO MAS !

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #141 on: October 23, 2008, 01:41:08 am »
A great, tricky player when he played for us, who always stepped up during big games. Considering how he has struggled to get into Aguirre's starting eleven since moving to Madrid, I thought he would have looked to have made more of an impact tonight. I wasn't really surprised when came off at half-time. Despite the wonderful player he was, his diving tonight was nothing short of embarrassing.

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: October 23, 2008, 01:59:12 am »
Diving Shithouse

The lad deserves far, far more respect than that. Small minds have short memories.

---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline redplanet

• Kopite
  • There is no outside the box
« Reply #143 on: October 23, 2008, 02:59:39 am »
The lad deserves far, far more respect than that. Small minds have short memories.

Agreed.
I just watched my dog chase his tail for 10 minutes and thought, "Wow, dogs are easily entertained." Then I realized I just watched my dog chase his tail for 10 minutes...

Offline tHe^CuLpRit

• Legacy Fan
  • just another Malaysian Red
« Reply #144 on: October 23, 2008, 04:30:01 am »

Whooosshh'd?
As Shankly once said form is temporary, being shite is permanent.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #145 on: October 23, 2008, 06:57:44 am »
would be a bit rich of us to knock him for diving now when he was doing it for us not long ago.

its called doing a "Maurinho" ;D
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: October 23, 2008, 10:24:09 am »
it is a fact because 40,000 people were heard loud and clear, every week as they groaned with frustration when he gave it away. if that's not proof that people were frustrated with him at times, i don't know what is.

i think you're just assuming that because i think he was frustrating, i automatically think he was crap. i don't, i think he's a great player, and have a lot of time for players who do what he do. look for gaps, play between the lines and create opportunities. i'd have him back here in fact.

but it was the needlessly giving the ball away in his own half that frustrated me. moments where he wasn't being 'creative', moments where he was simply careless with the ball. if you don't think they came too often with luis, fair enough, but that's a different player than the one i remember.

Bollocks. Some people moaned, but just as many others with more sense got on with supporting the team and singing his name.

As for the bit I've highlighted in bold, that is a pure myth. When he first came to England, his first six months, we saw poor passes from him around the halfway line and in our half occasionally. But throughout his Liverpool career the majority of times Luis gave the ball away it was in the final third trying to create or score a goal.

If he gave the ball away so often, how come there is no evidence of a single occasion when Luis gave the ball away and it led to an opposition goal?

Offline Serano

• Kopite
« Reply #147 on: October 23, 2008, 10:27:20 am »
I think you done well to get rid. I think you'll struggle to find at Aletico fan that actually likes him. He's been by and large very poor for them.

Offline RunLikeTheDevil

• Main Stander
  • Cracker by Agger
« Reply #148 on: October 23, 2008, 10:41:25 am »
Luis en mi cabeza y mi corazon.

Un amigo de Liverpool

Gracias Luis por todos.

Te olvido nunca.

Sure we can always be grateful for Luis, cause he was important for us for a long time, but last night he was way off, diving like that. He looked kinda desperate at times, not sure what was up with him, because that's definitely not how I remember him in Liverpool.
The Gerrard generation is keeping the tradition!

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: October 23, 2008, 10:58:46 am »
He seemed way off form yesterday and he did nothing concrete all game. I didn't even see him complete a pass personally ???. Used to love him here and based on his time here I wouldn't have sold him. Bringing him on for the last half hour against lesser teams would win you games.
p.s. he did look a lot older than i remember him yesterday!

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: October 23, 2008, 12:12:25 pm »

In the good old days of internet sledging you would be classed as in the keep net after that comment..

Offline Antony

• Stupid, thick cup of soupio
  • Legacy Fan
  • Barack Obam-la is Scouse Society
« Reply #151 on: October 23, 2008, 12:18:29 pm »

Looks like I'm eatin' tonight!
Aye lad, whens the remix coming out?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: October 23, 2008, 12:26:44 pm »
I wouldnt want to have that much of a go at Garcia, again remembering what he did for us and how crucial he and his goals were in one of our greatest glory's ever.

However I did find the diving and feigning injury a bit annoying yesterday. The thing was it was quite desperate at times. He didnt even dive in dangerous areas, like the penalty box, but instead out wide or near the centre circle, which really he didnt have to do.

I guess we can say he did that with us as well, but after all the talk about how he could not celebrate against us if he scored, I would have thought that the same level of respect would have been carried over in how he behaves, surely footballers are aware of this, despite being in the heat of the moment.

But then again, maybe im being harsh. Being as he was taken off at half time, maybe he was a bit desperate and wanting to impress (by that i mean getting the advantage and creating dangerous free kicks,set pieces) the manager.

Offline all_funkt_up

• ....the valentino of the boards... really knows how to treat a lady.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget. Never Buy the Sun.
    • The Daily Punt
« Reply #153 on: October 23, 2008, 12:48:22 pm »

Reminds me of a quote in yesterday's Mirror when Mourinho was slagging off Drogba (& Ronaldo, Torres and Van Persie) for going down too easily. He said Drogba was the number 1 diving culprit, through I dont remember him objecting to it when he (Maureen) was in charge of Chelsea.
Roy. Shut up. Just shut up.

Betting Banter and Stuff

http://thedailypunt.com/forum/

"Zlatan was released by Ajax because of his fucking attitude. Released by Juve cos just not good enough to play alongside Trezeguet.
He won't score or make an assist at

Offline xerxes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: October 23, 2008, 12:56:02 pm »
If he gave the ball away so often, how come there is no evidence of a single occasion when Luis gave the ball away and it led to an opposition goal?

Totally agree with you thet Garcia was brilliant for us, and deserves a place in our Pantheon, but I seem to remember a game at Anfield against Fulham in which he gave the ball away on half way and lead directly to a goal, scored I believe by Andy Cole. Kind of takes the edge of those goals against Chelsea, though  ;)
Xerxes MBE

Offline ben

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: October 23, 2008, 01:06:56 pm »
so what if it didn't lead to a many goals conceded? giving away possession, costing us momentum and putting us on the backfoot can be just as bad. and the reason him giving it away didn't directly cost us is because our defence has been so sound.

the worst one i ever seen was in the chelsea semi when he gave the ball away by our area with about ten minutes to go. fortunately it didn't lead to a goal, but if it would have, bye bye istanbul.

thankfully, he was the main reason we got there, so i can't really knock him, but i still have clear memories of him giving away far too much possession in key areas.

at the end of the day, if he was the player you described, rafa wouldn't have let him go. he had his shortcomings, which most people (despite his obvious benefits) can acknowledge. to deny this is just pure revisionist.

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: October 23, 2008, 02:50:34 pm »
so what if it didn't lead to a many goals conceded? giving away possession, costing us momentum and putting us on the backfoot can be just as bad. and the reason him giving it away didn't directly cost us is because our defence has been so sound.

the worst one i ever seen was in the chelsea semi when he gave the ball away by our area with about ten minutes to go. fortunately it didn't lead to a goal, but if it would have, bye bye istanbul.

thankfully, he was the main reason we got there, so i can't really knock him, but i still have clear memories of him giving away far too much possession in key areas.

at the end of the day, if he was the player you described, rafa wouldn't have let him go. he had his shortcomings, which most people (despite his obvious benefits) can acknowledge. to deny this is just pure revisionist.

If it didn't lead to goals conceded then it's not that important.

I don't recall that instance against Chelsea.

At the end of the day he was the player I have described and Rafa didn't want him to go. He returned to Spain for personal reasons, his wife hadn't settled here and he wanted to end his career in Spain. The Torres transfer made sense to both parties so Rafa reluctantly let him go. He had his shortcomings, but they were far outweighed by the positives. To deny this is just pure revisionist  ;)

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: October 23, 2008, 02:56:21 pm »
Totally agree with you thet Garcia was brilliant for us, and deserves a place in our Pantheon, but I seem to remember a game at Anfield against Fulham in which he gave the ball away on half way and lead directly to a goal, scored I believe by Andy Cole. Kind of takes the edge of those goals against Chelsea, though  ;)

Ha ha maybe there was one... I'll have a look - was it the one in February 2005, when we beat them 3-1? Just checked: Garcia set up Morientes for our first goal early on, but then made a mistake which Lee Clark pounced upon and played in Boa Mortes, who crossed for a diving header for Cole. I stand corrected - one time he gave the ball away and it cost us! Burn him!

Offline stevieheighway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Were Gonna win the League
« Reply #158 on: October 23, 2008, 03:02:14 pm »
Diving twat.

I prefer Twat Diving  :lickin
I'm really looking forward to the future. People can say it's going to be grim if they want but i'm a Liverpool fan...and I don't fucking believe them.

Offline sixpackred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #159 on: October 23, 2008, 03:23:02 pm »

what he said
"There are things to sort out with the owners and the sale of the club. It is not in the hands of the players but, once we are done with all that, let's build a proper team with a proper squad that is competitive. Maybe then we can start to fight for bigger targets."

Pepe Reina / May 01, 2010