Author Topic: General Political discussion with kesey-style vibes & tantric breathing stuff...  (Read 359342 times)

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Re: Politico-a-go-go Looney Tunes! Schorcio!
« Reply #200 on: October 7, 2018, 06:52:44 pm »
Looks more for show, and a backhand reminder to her own headbangers about what's needed to win majorities in parliament, but UC migration does begin in July. An election held ahead of that would be good politics from a government which could find itself gridlocked in parliament over its negotiations with the EU. Thing I'd take from it though is that May feels confident enough to try this approach, even with Brexit and the UC migration on the horizon. It doesn't say good things about where Labour are at right now.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #202 on: October 9, 2018, 01:25:57 pm »
Woah - Really powerful piece by an anonymous Labour staffer on the difficulties of short-term contract work, saying some Labour colleagues have used foodbanks and been in long-term debt. Calls on party to introduce better working practices.

https://twitter.com/jessicaelgot/status/1049591990957076481

https://labourlist.org/2018/10/we-demand-better-work-practices-writes-labour-party-staffer/

Offline Trim0582

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: October 9, 2018, 01:44:57 pm »
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/chris-williamson-deselection_uk_5bbbcc57e4b0876edaa0f39f

There is hope after all

Hope that unelected trade unions can decide what MPs are allowed to stand?

Trade unions represent 15%-20% of the UK workforce, 80% of people have no say and no voice in what they do. That doesn't seem like hope. Not to defend Chris Williamson, I do not know enough about what he has done. 

Something doesn't sit well though.
« Last Edit: October 9, 2018, 02:22:30 pm by Trim0582 »

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: October 9, 2018, 04:43:41 pm »

Trade unions represent 15%-20% of the UK workforce, 80% of people have no say and no voice in what they do. That doesn't seem like hope. Not to defend Chris Williamson, I do not know enough about what he has done. 

its more a guy who’s spent his summer going to labour constituencies where the sitting MP isn’t a Corbyn loyalist trying to get them deselected for someone like him and generally undermining them only to see themselves get deselected is English irony at its finest

Offline Trim0582

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: October 9, 2018, 07:45:12 pm »
its more a guy who’s spent his summer going to labour constituencies where the sitting MP isn’t a Corbyn loyalist trying to get them deselected for someone like him and generally undermining them only to see themselves get deselected is English irony at its finest

Ah, now I underatand what you mean.

Petards and hoists.

Seems he is pretending it was just light hearted jest when he said it about other MPs.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: October 10, 2018, 12:28:55 pm »
I guess since we lost the PMQ thread a while back this is the best place for commenting on it.

Corbyn did really well for the most part keeping May on the back foot over things today.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #207 on: October 10, 2018, 01:32:14 pm »
Breaking: I understand the DUP will vote against the 29 October Budget if @Theresa_May breaches their #Brexit red lines at next week’s EU summit. Losing a budget vote has traditionally been seen as a confidence issue

And if May appeases them, then the ERG brigade will vote her down.

Offline Trim0582

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: October 10, 2018, 03:53:35 pm »
Breaking: I understand the DUP will vote against the 29 October Budget if @Theresa_May breaches their #Brexit red lines at next week’s EU summit. Losing a budget vote has traditionally been seen as a confidence issue

And if May appeases them, then the ERG brigade will vote her down.

What a mess, it is beyond a farce.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #209 on: October 10, 2018, 04:46:23 pm »

BREAKING: Downing Street insists that losing a vote on the Budget would not be a resigning matter for the PM. Spokesman says: “The Fixed Terms Parliament Act sets out the circumstances for a confidence vote.”

Technically true but you can't govern with no budget, no?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #210 on: October 10, 2018, 10:29:59 pm »
BREAKING: Downing Street insists that losing a vote on the Budget would not be a resigning matter for the PM. Spokesman says: “The Fixed Terms Parliament Act sets out the circumstances for a confidence vote.”

Technically true but you can't govern with no budget, no?

As has been said before - Corbyn hasn’t got a leg to stand in when it comes to no-confidence votes.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: October 10, 2018, 10:33:44 pm »

The Labour Party was established to give political representation to the (unelected) unions. A bigger question is why self-appointed activists and members should have so much influence, never mind an organisation like Momentum.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: October 11, 2018, 07:10:19 am »
Something good the government is doing...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45818234

Still need to sort this out

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/education-45719070

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #214 on: October 11, 2018, 10:54:53 am »

Lots of rumours that the DUP are working hand in glove with the ERG on this and are keen to bring Hammond down.

Unfortunately for Hammond, May has backed him into a corner by promising the end of austerity and additional funding for key areas, and you can pretty much guarantee the nutters will be vehemently opposed to whatever way he tries to raise those funds through taxation, (pension tax reliefs getting hit seem to be the current favourite rumour)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 11:54:07 am by filopastry »

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: October 12, 2018, 06:15:01 pm »
I could not find a properly suitable unlocked thread for this, so have decided to post it here to provide a little levity. I watched the beginning of Victoria Derbyshire yesterday and experienced a genuine laugh out loud moment. I was hoping someone would upload the segment to Youtube! The topic is Universal Credit. You can watch from the beginning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD8i-yU7LvE

Or skip to the funny bit (80 seconds in) with a phone-in from viewer, 'Melony':

https://youtu.be/wD8i-yU7LvE?t=80

:)
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #216 on: October 16, 2018, 05:06:57 pm »
Chris Grayling arrives in Liverpool.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8WFR0CM-_sI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8WFR0CM-_sI</a>
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: October 19, 2018, 09:35:24 pm »
I see Clegg has looked to endear himself even more to his adoring public by taking on a job promoting Facebook and all the good it does in the world.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #218 on: October 19, 2018, 10:15:47 pm »
Good for him.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: October 19, 2018, 10:43:53 pm »
Good for him.

Yeah, allows them to flout the rules and get over regulations and who better to get than someone like him, who will show them just how to avoid those rules.

Will they now pay their fair share of tax?

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: October 19, 2018, 11:10:07 pm »
I see Clegg has looked to endear himself even more to his adoring public by taking on a job promoting Facebook and all the good it does in the world.
do you think the man should be automatically disqualified from any decent job?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #221 on: October 20, 2018, 08:39:36 am »
Yeah, allows them to flout the rules and get over regulations and who better to get than someone like him, who will show them just how to avoid those rules.

Will they now pay their fair share of tax?
Who better?

Millions of people.  He knows little of finance. As head of global affairs he would have absolutely nothing to do with this..

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #222 on: October 20, 2018, 08:49:35 am »
considering he has no integrity or backbone, yes.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: October 20, 2018, 11:59:15 am »
Who better?

Millions of people.  He knows little of finance. As head of global affairs he would have absolutely nothing to do with this..

He does know how to flout the rules and regulations and lobby for it.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: October 20, 2018, 12:00:21 pm »

He shouldnt be disqualified at all. He can do what he wants.

But he has had some halo places on his head since the referendum. The guy is a twat.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #225 on: October 20, 2018, 01:25:26 pm »
Both of the last two Lib Dem MPs for Sheffield Hallam are now working for Facebook.

Somewhere in Facebook HR, there's some exec thinking "I wonder if we should also hire the current MP for Sheffield Hallam" and about to get quite a shock when they find out who it is....

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #226 on: October 20, 2018, 04:45:45 pm »
And people wonder why the BBC get a lot of stick.

Sturgeon pulls out of event after BBC invites Trump guru Steve Bannon

First Minister, Nicola Sturgeon, has pulled out of an Edinburgh conference after learning that former Trump strategist, Steve Bannon, has been invited to speak.

Steve Bannon, a former White House adviser whose far right political views have been widely condemned, is listed as a speaker at an event in Edinburgh called News Xchange 2018.

Sturgeon was due to speak at the conference, scheduled to take place in the Edinburgh International Conference Centre on 14 and 15 November 2018.

BBC Scotland is described as “co-hosting the event.” The agenda includes a special edition of BBC Question Time, and the BBC’s Sarah Smith is lined up to interview Bannon.

A BBC member of staff, Chris Gibson, is also named on the agenda as executive producer of the whole conference.

Sturgeon is not the only participant to withdraw from the event after organisers announced Bannon’s involvement.

Ash Sarkar, of Novaramedia, was lined-up as a participant on the special Question Time panel. She said she would withdraw from the event.

“If @NewsXchange are committed to platforming Steve Bannon, then I withdraw from participating in either of my panels at this conference,” she said.

“I won’t be complicit in the normalisation of fascism amongst the chattering classes.”

https://theferret.scot/trump-steve-bannon-newsxchange-edinburgh/

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: October 20, 2018, 05:30:24 pm »
And people wonder why the BBC get a lot of stick.

Sturgeon pulls out of event after BBC invites Trump guru Steve Bannon

First Minister, Nicola Sturgeon, has pulled out of an Edinburgh conference after learning that former Trump strategist, Steve Bannon, has been invited to speak.

Steve Bannon, a former White House adviser whose far right political views have been widely condemned, is listed as a speaker at an event in Edinburgh called News Xchange 2018.

Sturgeon was due to speak at the conference, scheduled to take place in the Edinburgh International Conference Centre on 14 and 15 November 2018.

BBC Scotland is described as “co-hosting the event.” The agenda includes a special edition of BBC Question Time, and the BBC’s Sarah Smith is lined up to interview Bannon.

A BBC member of staff, Chris Gibson, is also named on the agenda as executive producer of the whole conference.

Sturgeon is not the only participant to withdraw from the event after organisers announced Bannon’s involvement.

Ash Sarkar, of Novaramedia, was lined-up as a participant on the special Question Time panel. She said she would withdraw from the event.

If @NewsXchange are committed to platforming Steve Bannon, then I withdraw from participating in either of my panels at this conference,” she said.

“I won’t be complicit in the normalisation of fascism amongst the chattering classes.”

https://theferret.scot/trump-steve-bannon-newsxchange-edinburgh/

So not the BBC then.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: October 20, 2018, 06:03:31 pm »

So not the BBC then.
i don’t think he read that far

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #229 on: October 20, 2018, 06:55:57 pm »
EDL marching in Manchester today.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #230 on: October 21, 2018, 12:48:35 am »

So not the BBC then.

So why then did the BBC send a Email to Sturgeon justifying Bannon’s inclusion describing him as a ‘powerful and influential figure? If it was nothing to do with them.

Its BBC hosted event.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #231 on: October 21, 2018, 01:02:38 am »
So why then did the BBC send a Email to Sturgeon justifying Bannon’s inclusion describing him as a ‘powerful and influential figure? If it was nothing to do with them.

Its BBC hosted event.

Isn't it that the BBC are simply sponsoring the event as it's here in the UK, NewsExchange being a trade type body of the EBU?

As it happens, I personally would bar Bannon from entering the country, but whether we like it or not, he is or certainly has been a 'powerful and influential figure" and regrettably has shaped much of the news agenda and Politics over the last few years.

But to simplistically portray this as compelling proof of some kind of BBC right wing agenda is wrong.

There's a statement here on it... http://www.newsxchange.org/news.html#article-83

October 20, 2018

The decision to invite a guest to speak at News Xchange is made on the basis of the relevance and importance of the issue they will discuss. With every speaker, we challenge and debate views and positions, and we give our audience the opportunity to do the same. An invitation to speak is not an endorsement of any position or viewpoint. There has been discussion in the press about our decision to include political strategist Steve Bannon in this year's programme. The statement below articulates the process and the context.

For further information about the Terms of Reference for our event with regard to agenda and guests can be found here.

EBU Statement:
News Xchange is a journalism conference which seeks to explore the main industry trends and challenges delegates to understand the wider political and social context.

Steve Bannon is a key influencer in the rise of populism - one of the dominant political trends of our times.

He has been invited to speak at News Xchange this year because his views are relevant to today's society at large and therefore to the media industry.

We also consider it our journalistic responsibility to share and scrutinise a range of relevant viewpoints within the framework of a balanced debate.

He will be interviewed about his views by a BBC journalist, followed by an open Q&A with delegates.

BBC Statement:
News Xchange is an annual EBU journalism conference which the BBC and other broadcasters support to make happen.  Steve Bannon was invited on behalf of the EBU’s News Xchange committee.   Good journalism in a world of fake news and disinformation is more vital that ever.  Journalism is about asking tough questions and understanding what is happening in the world and why. A conference designed to analyse the big issues impacting that world isn’t an endorsement of anyone or anything - it is a function of what journalism is.

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #232 on: October 22, 2018, 05:10:22 pm »

EBU Statement:
News Xchange is a journalism conference which seeks to explore the main industry trends and challenges delegates to understand the wider political and social context.

Steve Bannon is a key influencer in the rise of populism - one of the dominant political trends of our times.

He has been invited to speak at News Xchange this year because his views are relevant to today's society at large and therefore to the media industry.

We also consider it our journalistic responsibility to share and scrutinise a range of relevant viewpoints within the framework of a balanced debate.

-------

The way that Bannon is being portrayed by EBU is not only wrong it's poor communication.

They describe him as a key influence in the rise of populism which means nothing to people unfamiliar with Bannon and his ideas. If he is being invited at least spell out what he stands for.

In actual fact it means nothing and is a great way of hiding what extreme right wing views he holds.

Definition.

In politics, populism refers to a range of approaches which emphasise the role of "the people" and often juxtapose this group against "the elite". There is no single definition of the term, which developed in the 19th century and has been used to mean various things since that time.

As he is invited put out a release that informs people in detail what he stands for, don't use words that confuse rather than inform which is a journalists job.

We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: October 22, 2018, 05:25:49 pm »
EBU Statement:

-------

The way that Bannon is being portrayed by EBU is not only wrong it's poor communication.

They describe him as a key influence in the rise of populism which means nothing to people unfamiliar with Bannon and his ideas. If he is being invited at least spell out what he stands for.

In actual fact it means nothing and is a great way of hiding what extreme right wing views he holds.

Definition.

In politics, populism refers to a range of approaches which emphasise the role of "the people" and often juxtapose this group against "the elite". There is no single definition of the term, which developed in the 19th century and has been used to mean various things since that time.

As he is invited put out a release that informs people in detail what he stands for, don't use words that confuse rather than inform which is a journalists job.

Thanks for posting the first part of the Wiki entry. As it says "it has been used to mean various things" since the 19th Century

Do you actually read the papers or watch the century news? Because in the context of 21st US politics it refers to right wing appeals to create a 'populist' movement against the elite. The fact that it is actually supportive of the elite is neither here nor there. It's as futile as arguing that the Nazis weren't actually fascists because they had 'socialist' in their name. 

Bannon promotes right-wing populism and it's widely reported:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjIkv-suZreAhWKIMAKHdELBRQQFjAAegQICBAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.abc.net.au%2Fnews%2F2018-09-21%2Fdonald-trump-steve-bannon-europe-right-wing-populists-neonazi%2F10263194&usg=AOvVaw3AcK_PyYcAGpEvN12_h5z-

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjIkv-suZreAhWKIMAKHdELBRQQFjABegQIBxAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.independent.co.uk%2Fnews%2Flong_reads%2Fsteve-bannon-the-movement-europe-populist-nationalism-trump-a8557156.html&usg=AOvVaw1e6PUjsCLgXG06l-wK3_Kf

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjIkv-suZreAhWKIMAKHdELBRQQFjACegQICRAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nytimes.com%2F2018%2F08%2F19%2Fopinion%2Fsteve-bannon-europe-movement-far-right.html&usg=AOvVaw2JIPoxbFfK1HyL5BN8MZBB

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjIkv-suZreAhWKIMAKHdELBRQQFjADegQIBRAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theatlantic.com%2Finternational%2Farchive%2F2018%2F08%2Fsteve-bannon-is-late-to-the-populist-party%2F567577%2F&usg=AOvVaw0qU0Mq9vvGUU72cVTlRNws

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjIkv-suZreAhWKIMAKHdELBRQQFjAEegQIAxAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.france24.com%2Fen%2F20180814-europe-nationalists-populists-bannon-unite-far-right-wing-movement-brussels-eu&usg=AOvVaw2Z0zZjbjwxj3jOH9dTn_7f

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjIkv-suZreAhWKIMAKHdELBRQQFjAFegQIABAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fus-news%2F2018%2Fjul%2F21%2Fsteve-bannon-plans-foundation-to-fuel-far-right-in-europe&usg=AOvVaw0tV1mhTivV7UzG3lSSNZz9

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=7&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjIkv-suZreAhWKIMAKHdELBRQQFjAGegQIARAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fworld-europe-44926417&usg=AOvVaw36vKzEWlpFb_p7eEsPyLeb

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=8&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjIkv-suZreAhWKIMAKHdELBRQQFjAHegQIBhAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.telegraph.co.uk%2Fnews%2F2018%2F07%2F21%2Fsteve-bannon-announces-plan-european-foundation-back-right-wing%2F&usg=AOvVaw35r9LGxCReiuRm1NpnUJaM

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=9&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjIkv-suZreAhWKIMAKHdELBRQQFjAIegQIBBAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.currentaffairs.org%2F2018%2F09%2Fwhy-right-wing-populism-is-a-fraud&usg=AOvVaw3uspcgufPTZrUnuTJjcRHa

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=10&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjIkv-suZreAhWKIMAKHdELBRQQFjAJegQIAhAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.scotsman.com%2Fnews%2Fopinion%2Fdarren-mcgarvey-why-alt-right-guru-steve-bannon-is-so-successful-1-4790543&usg=AOvVaw0Bm-iisbCktXO1LcD2Pp9H

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=11&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjYgqn4uZreAhXPRMAKHe_OB5c4ChAWMAB6BAgJEAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftime.com%2F5185798%2Fsteve-bannon-says-times-up-and-right-wing-populism-are-on-a-collision-course%2F&usg=AOvVaw1woix88YkfkcJki8KT0R0J

I could post links to all 188,000 instances of "bannon right wing populism" on Google.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 05:27:29 pm by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: October 22, 2018, 06:39:50 pm »
Thanks for posting the first part of the Wiki entry. As it says "it has been used to mean various things" since the 19th Century

Do you actually read the papers or watch the century news? Because in the context of 21st US politics it refers to right wing appeals to create a 'populist' movement against the elite. The fact that it is actually supportive of the elite is neither here nor there. It's as futile as arguing that the Nazis weren't actually fascists because they had 'socialist' in their name. 

Bannon promotes right-wing populism and it's widely reported:

I could post links to all 188,000 instances of "bannon right wing populism" on Google.

I know there are n instances of Bannon right wing populism.

I said that their description talked about the rise of populism- one of the dominant political trends of our time.

No mention of right wing. Many instances where it is, as you have listed.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: October 22, 2018, 08:13:36 pm »
I know there are n instances of Bannon right wing populism.

I said that their description talked about the rise of populism- one of the dominant political trends of our time.

No mention of right wing. Many instances where it is, as you have listed.

I don't get your point. I'd guess that anyone attending the event or interested in it, knows who Bannon is and what he stands for.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: October 22, 2018, 09:11:44 pm »
I don't get your point. I'd guess that anyone attending the event or interested in it, knows who Bannon is and what he stands for.

Some reading it would know but it was mentioned earlier that Sturgeon and Sarkar had pulled out and EBU issued a statement defending the invitation. They omitted to mention his extreme right wing agenda which I thought was wrong, obviously you didn't.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: October 22, 2018, 10:52:42 pm »
Some reading it would know but it was mentioned earlier that Sturgeon and Sarkar had pulled out and EBU issued a statement defending the invitation. They omitted to mention his extreme right wing agenda which I thought was wrong, obviously you didn't.

As I said, I doubt anyone attending or interested in the event would be unaware of Steve Bannon's politics.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: October 23, 2018, 07:06:20 am »
This was a good article from the Beeb.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-45447938

Seems to show the whole free speech in universities issue that is drummed up by the right isnt as bad as they moan about. What a surprise eh?

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #239 on: October 25, 2018, 04:48:26 pm »
Indie is running a story on a 'new' way to classify the British electorate. It's been conceived by BMG after interviewing 30,000 people. One thing it highlights is that research is still looking to find ways to explain how the Tories are still polling ahead of Labour ways to explain current societal divisions and election results.

It is these findings that led researchers behind the report to conclude the key factor in the 2017 result was not a “youthquake” – a spike in turnout among young people inspired by Mr Corbyn – but a “liberal tremor”, those with liberal views turning out in greater numbers and switching to backing the Labour leader.

My own test result, using those questions, on the spoiler.

Spoiler

A little more detail about Global Green Community.

GGC - Green Global Community

5 key facts about those in the GGC Clan

More likely to read left-wing broadsheets such as The Independent & Guardian/Observer
More likely to cite the Environment and Healthcare/the NHS as key societal concerns
Very strongly in favour of remaining part of the European Union
Tend to be strong supporters of the Labour party and the Corbyn administration
Strongly against the idea that economic growth should be prioritised over the environment

The Global Green Community clan combines an array of socialist views on the economy, with liberal and environmentalist stances on all social issues. Members of the Global Green Community (GGC) clan have a strongly civic interpretation of Britishness, celebrating multiculturalism and the free movement of people.

Members have little interest in the nation-state and are instead more concerned with pursuing what they would see as an ethical and inclusive foreign policy. Members hold strongly ‘left-wing’ economic views, favouring a highly redistributive system of taxation and opposing any private involvement in public service provision. However, their version of socialism has distinctly environmentalist overtones, with members viewing capitalism with deep suspicion, both because of a perceived oppression of working people, but also due to concerns that economic growth is environmentally damaging.

Members overwhelmingly oppose the government having access to the private communications of citizens and are strongly opposed to the state attempting to place limits on social and political rights. Members of the Global Green Community clan are strong supporters of same sex couples being able to adopt children, adolescents being able to choose their own gender identity and believe that there is much more work to do in order to achieve gender equality
[close]
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 04:50:50 pm by Zeb »
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."