Author Topic: NFL Dynasty League - Rookie Draft starting 7.05.21 7.30pm  (Read 6945 times)

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
Re: NFL Fantasy Dynasty League (DRAFT DONE - DRAFT GRADES NOW LIVE)
« Reply #80 on: August 20, 2020, 12:10:42 am »
I hope your going to be as harsh on Trend when you do his write up:)

Just post the names of the gang of losers he calls his team. Can't get any harsher than that... ;D

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2020, 12:23:08 am »
Just post the names of the gang of losers he calls his team. Can't get any harsher than that... ;D

Trouble is. If I posted Trend's team up now he would have traded them all by time Carl does the write up :)

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2020, 01:38:00 am »
Trouble is. If I posted Trend's team up now he would have traded them all by time Carl does the write up :)

The problem is --- we have some misappropriations of meme going on here by Stoa, Buck and quite possibly Carl here if he continues  :lmao :lmao :lmao

Like I said on sleeper, if you are coming for Trend, you best not miss.

So, lets put our cards on the table.  Beav won the draft!  This is a proven fact.   But, things change quickly.    :)

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/myplaybook/league-rankings.php

Today's Change in Fantasy Pros Power Rankings

1. Trend - 100
2. Beav - 97
3. Mikey - 96
4. Gerry - 89
5  Carl - 88
6. GLB - 87
7. Buck Pete - 86
8. Classy - 82 (nice trade recently)
9. DeFacto & Claus - 81
11. Stoa - 74
12. Baxter - 70

This does not mean much in the large scheme of things, but lets not loose our "gang of losers" heads here Stoa.

And Buck, I do like a trade, that is true.  But I drafted my QB's precisely because I knew there would be people who did not value them the way our games does.   Carl said it earlier --- Shrewd?

Like I said, if you are coming for me, you better make the shot -----> because I do not have any more draft picks until 2023 to lose :)

Oh, on a more serious note and besides that smack talk above - I do have some research resources if people are wanting to know their own weaknesses and strengths from a more specific basis --- hit me up. 

My role will be one of talking smack, when appropriate.  And also helping people find their strategies, analysis, and players they want to make the entire game fun for everyone :)  If this research can improve your team, then the league gets better.

I know this has been Carl's approach with his wonderful organization, smack talk and write ups, but I hope I can speak for the majority here, is that we want this league to continues for years --- and keeping you plugged into information you may not have is one way.

Another is becoming a target for group gang tackling :)

Enjoy

« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 02:53:54 am by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2020, 09:30:51 am »
You're so Everton Trend

Winning without winning.  :)

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #84 on: August 20, 2020, 06:34:12 pm »
Really struggled with these next two cos I think their teams are really good. It's easier to crack shit jokes when the teams have some weaknesses  ;D

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: August 20, 2020, 06:35:23 pm »
Champions of Everything

Speed. Speed. Speed. Seemed to be GLB’s draft strategy. In terms of the first ten rounds I’m not sure it would have been possible to draft a faster team, but will this team of impressive 40 yard dashers translate to fantasy production? Well the first three picks of Lamar Jackson, Nick Chubb and Juju all have extremely high upside potential and with all of the above being very much in the early days of their careers, GLB will be hoping they can provide a solid spine to his team for years to come.

If there’s an issue with GLB’s team it’s definitely the WR group. The likes of Lockett, the Samuel brothers and Williams are all solid enough but probably lacking that wow factor to that can win you gameweeks. Also, GLB will be hoping Evan “limbs made of wet paper” Engram doesn’t come across any stiff breezes this season because if he has to start the Ghost of Jimmy Graham or Kyle “Yes I can catch occasionally” Rudolph he may be in some trouble.

Overall, GLB has put together a good staring lineup that with Lamar Jackson will be capable of challenging this season and maybe beyond. Champions of Everything? Only if injuries don’t mount up.

Commissioner Draft Grade – A-
Post Draft Superlative Award – Most Likely To Be Slagged Off By Everyone For Having Lamar Fucking Jackson

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2020, 06:37:03 pm »
Team Beav

I-I get it. I get it. But look, nobody's perfect. Everybody has something. Even the great ones. Right? They said that Montana was too small, that he'd get hurt, he'd get banged up, but that... that didn't seem to matter, did it? A lot of people said that Elway was too strong, that he threw too hard, didn't have touch, but that didn't seem to matter either, did it? And pretty much everyone agreed that Peyton didn't have the arm strength, that he couldn't throw deep. But somehow, none of it seemed to matter. You get where I'm going here, guys? We need to find out what Beav’s "something" is. Then figure out if it matters or not. All right? Figure out if it's something we can live with.

Now, some of you may find it strange that I started this review with a quote from the obscure 2014 movie, Draft Day, starring Kevin Costner. But Beav likes movies and so far in this league he’s a bit of an enigma, so the ending to that quote sort of rings true. Also, I thought it was stupid and funny. But, I digress. So Beav, is he a gifer, like Trend, is he a whinger like Defacto or Pete, is he a Del-Boy wheeler dealer like Mikey or is he a crazy wild card like stoa or Claus? We don’t know. What we do know is that Beav knows how to draft a good roster. Sure he probably will need to address QB sooner rather than later but apart from that it’s hard to spot a weakness. (Which is also another reason for padding this out with a ridiculously long movie quote)

Commissioner Draft Grade – A
Post Draft Superlative Award – Most Likely To Ask Why Willie Beaman and Nelly Weren’t In The Draft (get it, cos they’re movie characters. I did another movie bit)

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: August 25, 2020, 08:44:21 am »
Just Throw It Up

Team Claus started off strong at pick 10 with Davante Adams who I think is projected for 500 targets this year seeing as he’s the only receiver in Green Bay these days. Claus then followed up with Joe Mixon and the corpse of Le’Veon Bell, two RBs who’s offensive lines will probably have them getting stuffed more this year than turkeys on Thanksgiving. It’s fair to say Claus took a few risky picks down the back half of the draft with several rookie receivers and QBs Big Ben Roethlisberger and “Future XFL Star” Mitchell Trubisky. One of these guys is coming to the end of his career in the NFL after a nightmare 2019 with big question marks over whether he can throw, and then also there’s Roethlisberger.

Then as we came to last few picks in the draft it’s clear Claus had ran out of guys on his lost of targets and somehow managed to hack into Sleeper allowing him to pick players who he had clearly made up. Lamical Perine, James Proche, Tyler Johnson, Gabriel Davis, Thaddeus Moss? Nice fake names Claus but nobody’s buying it.

Overall, Just Throw It Up boast a strong enough starting lineup but when injuries and bye weeks kick in Claus will need some of his young bench guys to really breakout if he’s to have any impact in year one.

Commissioner Draft Grade – C+
Post Draft Superlative Award – Most Likely To Be Googling To See If His Bench Players Actually Exist

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: August 25, 2020, 09:06:55 am »
Austrian Unicorns

As with his fellow 2019 League B loser friends, stoa’s draft started off strong enough but then quickly descended into madness as the draft wore on which was no doubt a result of stoa getting bored and distracted by something shiny. This is the only explanation I can come up with for stoa forgetting that you might need more than 2 starting QBs to be successful in a Superflex dynasty league. Sure, Watson and Jimmy G are fine enough top 2 options but Jake Fromm and Mason Rudolph? Oh dear.

Stoa certainly drafted some talent and ended up with a strong core with the likes of Kamara, Henery, Watson, Sutton, Hilton and Cooks. Unfortunately, along with his disdain for QBs stoa also demonstrated a strange, misguided love for TEs, drafting four of them!!

The draft finished with a bang for the Unicorns with stoa using his expert Austrian scouting network to snag hidden gem Sandro Platzgummer. Platzgummer wasn’t drafted but allocated to the NY Giants as part of the NFL International Player Pathway Program. Apparently, the young Austrian has impressed in practice and is rumoured to be close to taking over the no.1 RB sport ahead of Barkley. “He’s like a cross between Barry Sanders and Ladainian Tomlinson” said one recently committed, former member of the Giants’ coaching staff.

The Unicorns lack of depth at QB might hold them back but with the most exciting thing to come out of Austria since Mozart in Sandro Platzgummer, who knows what this team’s ceiling might be.

Commissioner Draft Grade – C
Post Draft Superlative Award – Most Likely To Have A Wooden Spoon On His Mantel Come January

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #89 on: August 25, 2020, 05:39:14 pm »
I love it... Great job Carl...

And just to make it clear, you'll all be praising me for my football knowledge when Platzgummer catches the deciding TD-pass in the Superbowl next year and lifts the trophy. Same goes for the people responsible for the NFL-fantasy-thingy, who didn't even bother including him in the draft... ;D

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: August 26, 2020, 11:31:11 am »
Trend12

Where do I start with Team Trend’s draft review when I know full well he will have traded everyone in his team away by the time the season kicks off. In the build up to the draft Trend sold out his team’s future by getting rid of all his rookie draft picks for the next three years but this did give him 6 picks in the top 40 which would surely set up his team to compete for the next couple of seasons at least, right? Wrong! Trend squandered these picks on committee RBs, Sanders and Fournette, QBs who can’t throw or aren’t allowed to throw, Dak and Wilson, and WRs who get less love from their QBs than Derrius Guice gets from girls at an LSU sorority party. (Oof, too soon?)

I’m joking of course as Trend may have mentioned on one or two (dozen) occasions according to Fantasy Pros his team is the greatest ever assembled and sits proudly atop the post draft power ranking. The question is will Team Trend’s dominance on the stat sheet translate to dominance in the league standings? Well for this to be the case Trend will have to learn from his past mistakes of trading away key players for the equivalent value of a third string QB and half a twix. But who am I kidding, as I write this Trend is surely putting together a wild trade offer packaging up the likes of Beckham and Robinson for Keshawn Vaughn and Marcus Mariota cos they both featured on some douche analyst’s blog over on FantasyNerds.com.

Anyway, Trend has certainly assembled a strong team on paper, but his lack of rookie draft picks over the next few years coupled with the uncertainty over the futures of his star QBs Dak Prescott and Aaron Rodgers, means that in all likelihood its first year championship or bust for Team Trend.

Post Draft Superlative Award – Most Likely To Post A Detailed Rebuttal To This Review Filled With Stats and Nonsensical GIFs

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: August 26, 2020, 11:32:02 am »
All done. I didn't do one for myself as I doubt you all want to read me brag about how amazing my team is. Would only make you all feel inferior. So if anyone wants to take a run at The Champ then knock yourselves out.  ;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: August 26, 2020, 01:44:16 pm »
All done. I didn't do one for myself as I doubt you all want to read me brag about how amazing my team is. Would only make you all feel inferior. So if anyone wants to take a run at The Champ then knock yourselves out.  ;D

Maybe we all could chip in with one comment --- on Carl's team.  That seems fair :)
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: August 26, 2020, 02:21:35 pm »
Carl - the Champ

Trend: Carl looks to have flown under the radar with draft. Zeke, Kyler and DJ Moore all point to a clear strategy of PPR targets and multifunctional players getting more yards than their peers.  But depth may be a problem as the season moves along.

Commissioner' Committee on Commentary (CoCC) Draft Grade –

Trend: B+ (waiting for the grand bargain trade where a top 5 player miraculously falls in his lap :)

Post Draft Superlative Award – Most Likely

Trend: Most Likely to complain about Kittle's TE production in the red zone, even though he is rostered by Buck Pete :)
            Most Likely to call for the head of Tim Kelly in Houston or to start a rehab clinic called Drafting David Johnson
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 06:52:00 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NFL Fantasy Dynasty League - Season 1
« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2020, 09:55:38 am »
Bumped for those not as active in Sleeper.

Anyone have an objection to the trade deadline being extended? I mentioned it last week but not sure anyone responded. Planning to extend it to week 13, then not having trades during the playoffs and reopening trades for week 17 and into the off season.

Also, I've been thinking about draft pick order for next year and how it will get determined. I'm thinking for the (non-playoff) bottom half of the league their draft picks are solely determined by the standings after week 13 and just have the consolation bracket for fun.

For the top half playoff teams I'm thinking the champ and runner up obviously get the 1.12 and 1.11 but then for a bit of motivation in the 3rd/4th playoff and 5/6th playoffs, the winning team from those games gets the better draft pick.

So the 3/4th playoff the winner would get the 1.09 and the loser get the 1.10
The 5/6th playoff the winner would get the 1.07 and the loser get the 1.08

Otherwise once eliminated there's not motivation for any teams to try and win and those matches become pointless.

Hope that makes sense and would appreciate people's thoughts.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NFL Fantasy Dynasty League - NEW PLAYER NEEDED FOR SEASON 2
« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2021, 09:40:27 am »
Ok bumping this as we have a team available for someone new to come and takeover after Mikey has decided not to come back this year.

The roster is probably one of the strongest in the league with the only weakness probably being at QB.

QB

Matt Ryan
Drew Lock
Gardner Minshew
Philip Rivers
Jacob Eason

RB

Jonathan Taylor
Ezekiel Elliot
Josj Jacobs
David Johnson
Jeffrey Wilson
Jordan Howard
Mark Ingram
Ryquell Armstead
Joshua Kelley
Rashad Penny
Jamycal Hasty
Ke'Shawn Vaughn

WR

Allen Robinson
Corey Davis
Amari Cooper
Robby Anderson
Kenny Golladay
N'Keal Harry
Golden Tate
Laviska Shenault
John Brown
Bryan Edwards
Van Jefferson

TE

Jonnu Smith
Hayden Hurst
Chris Herndon
Devin Asiasi

Rookie Draft Picks
2021 1st Rd
2021 3rd Rd
2022 2nd Rd
2022 3rd Rd
2023 2nd Rd
2023 2nd Rd
2023 3rd Rd
2023 3rd Rd
2023 3rd Rd

Anyone interested reply in here or drop me a PM.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NFL Dynasty League - Rookie Draft starting 14.05.21 7.30pm
« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2021, 11:41:09 am »
Bump.

Rookie draft will start at 7.30pm UK time on Friday 14th May 2021. It's a slow draft to allow for everyone having busy schedules and differing time zones so everyone will have 24 hours to make their pick. If you do not make your pick in the 24 hours without notifying the Commissioner (myself) your pick will be autopicked by the CPU.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: April 30, 2021, 01:17:23 pm »
You're so Everton Trend

Winning without winning.  :)

I came across this mate ----> and I thought I would get your blues stirring to come back stronger!

Here is Trend is winning - 1st Champ of the RAWK Dynasty League Ever!!!

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: April 30, 2021, 01:22:21 pm »
Trend12

Where do I start with Team Trend’s draft review when I know full well he will have traded everyone in his team away by the time the season kicks off. In the build up to the draft Trend sold out his team’s future by getting rid of all his rookie draft picks for the next three years but this did give him 6 picks in the top 40 which would surely set up his team to compete for the next couple of seasons at least, right? Wrong! Trend squandered these picks on committee RBs, Sanders and Fournette, QBs who can’t throw or aren’t allowed to throw, Dak and Wilson, and WRs who get less love from their QBs than Derrius Guice gets from girls at an LSU sorority party. (Oof, too soon?)

I’m joking of course as Trend may have mentioned on one or two (dozen) occasions according to Fantasy Pros his team is the greatest ever assembled and sits proudly atop the post draft power ranking. The question is will Team Trend’s dominance on the stat sheet translate to dominance in the league standings? Well for this to be the case Trend will have to learn from his past mistakes of trading away key players for the equivalent value of a third string QB and half a twix. But who am I kidding, as I write this Trend is surely putting together a wild trade offer packaging up the likes of Beckham and Robinson for Keshawn Vaughn and Marcus Mariota cos they both featured on some douche analyst’s blog over on FantasyNerds.com.

Anyway, Trend has certainly assembled a strong team on paper, but his lack of rookie draft picks over the next few years coupled with the uncertainty over the futures of his star QBs Dak Prescott and Aaron Rodgers, means that in all likelihood its first year championship or bust for Team Trend.

Post Draft Superlative Award – Most Likely To Post A Detailed Rebuttal To This Review Filled With Stats and Nonsensical GIFs

Just call me the Champ

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NFL Dynasty League - Rookie Draft starting 14.05.21 7.30pm
« Reply #99 on: April 30, 2021, 01:23:19 pm »
Bump.

Rookie draft will start at 7.30pm UK time on Friday 14th May 2021. It's a slow draft to allow for everyone having busy schedules and differing time zones so everyone will have 24 hours to make their pick. If you do not make your pick in the 24 hours without notifying the Commissioner (myself) your pick will be autopicked by the CPU.

Read this -- sorry you may go back to regularly scheduled habits of losing in our Dynasty league.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NFL Dynasty League - Rookie Draft starting 7.05.21 7.30pm
« Reply #100 on: May 4, 2021, 10:36:26 am »
Bump.

Ok so by popular demand I've brought the draft forward a week to start this Friday. And there will now be no time limit on making draft picks however I am only going to keep this for the first two rounds. After that the limit will be changed to 12 hours.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NFL Dynasty League - Rookie Draft starting 7.05.21 7.30pm
« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2021, 03:24:20 pm »
Hey lads,

Let me know if any of you are interesting in a new format of NFL fantasy football- Ryder Cup Style (Fantasy Football League) - Yanks v Euros (2 divisions) - singles, doubles, alternating position doubles

2 Divisions with 5 managers each playing for their country and themselves.
1st 4 weeks of NFL games - Single matchups
2nd 4 weeks of NFL games - Doubles
3rd 4 weeks of NFL games - Alternating positions

Finishing with large group singles play for more points to see who gets to the 14 1/2 threshold to win the Cup in Week 14/15

Then, the rankings from the Cup provide the basis for seedings for the Playoffs (top 6 make it) - Week 16/17/18

1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 3 Flex 1 SuperFlex 5 Bench 1 IR (It is a keeper league - 2 players can be saved for the future, but no obligation to stay if you become disinterested)

If you are interested in playing, PM me we have 4 spots left.

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN: