Author Topic: UFC/MMA thread  (Read 1892528 times)

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: UFC/MMA thread
« Reply #29240 on: July 26, 2020, 05:53:58 am »
Decent showing by Till, fight against Adesanya is still possible as long as he picks up a good win vs Hermansson or Cannonnier next.

Khamzat Chimaev is a problem, looks the real deal

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #29241 on: July 26, 2020, 08:07:39 am »
Decent showing by Till, fight against Adesanya is still possible as long as he picks up a good win vs Hermansson or Cannonnier next.

Khamzat Chimaev is a problem, looks the real deal
Honestly, the 2 most dominant fights I have seen have been his fights in the last month. That was definitely another 10-7 round today. Rhys couldn't even get a strike in.
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29242 on: July 26, 2020, 09:53:09 am »
Honestly, the 2 most dominant fights I have seen have been his fights in the last month. That was definitely another 10-7 round today. Rhys couldn't even get a strike in.

Yep two of the more dominant performances I’ve seen this year absolutely destroyed two opponents in just 10 days! Doesn’t seem much point him beating up on unranked opponents though. How far do people think he can jump up in the quality for his next fight? Maybe a solid vet just inside the rankings like a Neil Magny so we can see what he’s really made of?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 09:57:15 am by Rosario »

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #29243 on: July 26, 2020, 02:31:30 pm »
I will shamelessly admit that I had fun watching Rua vs Nog  ;D

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #29245 on: August 18, 2020, 07:36:14 am »
Surprised there aren't any posts about Stipe Miocic knocking out Daniel Cormier and cementing confirming himself as the greatest heavyweight fighter in UFC history.
Tough on Cormier, he's lost twice to two fighters that are simply the greatest in their respective weight classes.
Great career, but just couldn't get over that final hurdle. He could have gone down as the greatest heavyweight and/or light heavyweight in history, not sure what he'll be remembered for now.
Fantastic in commentary, though.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Fuck With Guillem Balague!
« Reply #29246 on: August 18, 2020, 09:39:32 am »
Surprised there aren't any posts about Stipe Miocic knocking out Daniel Cormier and cementing confirming himself as the greatest heavyweight fighter in UFC history.
Tough on Cormier, he's lost twice to two fighters that are simply the greatest in their respective weight classes.
Great career, but just couldn't get over that final hurdle. He could have gone down as the greatest heavyweight and/or light heavyweight in history, not sure what he'll be remembered for now.
Fantastic in commentary, though.

He lost on decision? Going to miss DC always enjoyed his fights but I think its the right time to go. Very interesting that Jones is moving up to heavyweight, makes that division a lot more exciting.
'Jimmy, I get home, I shut the curtains and I sleep'.

- Mascherano after running out of petrol, forgetting his money then being hit in his car on his way home

Offline .........

• Kemlynite
« Reply #29247 on: September 20, 2020, 12:48:56 am »
Anywhere to watch this tonight outside of Uk?

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29248 on: September 20, 2020, 02:42:06 am »
Chimaev needs to fight a ranked fighter dudes too good to be fighting unranked journeyman had like 3 fights and been hit 2-3 times max!

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Credulity is not a virtue
« Reply #29249 on: September 20, 2020, 03:20:19 am »
Well fuck me sideways, Chimaev is legit

Hope Covington gets his face dismantled but I don't like Woodley either. Still, complete racist c*nt Vs a bit of a wanker.

Go Tyron

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Credulity is not a virtue
« Reply #29250 on: September 20, 2020, 03:52:15 am »
This fight is a prime example of why UFC will never be the massive draw it wants to be. Grapplers cuddling against the cage, throwing half arsed knees.

I know not every fight can be a classic, but this is shite for two of the top 5 in the world. Romero v Israel was another example.

Hope Costa v Israel can be better

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29251 on: September 20, 2020, 10:22:53 am »
Chimaev needs to fight a ranked fighter dudes too good to be fighting unranked journeyman had like 3 fights and been hit 2-3 times max!
He has won 3 out of 3 and has been hit 2 times. That's ridiculous.
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline Hendollama

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29252 on: September 20, 2020, 10:25:01 am »
This fight is a prime example of why UFC will never be the massive draw it wants to be. Grapplers cuddling against the cage, throwing half arsed knees.

I know not every fight can be a classic, but this is shite for two of the top 5 in the world. Romero v Israel was another example.

Hope Costa v Israel can be better
Yeah. Was a great card until the main event. I blame Tyron for his cowardly performance though.

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29253 on: September 20, 2020, 12:37:32 pm »
Woodley is done. He's lost the last 15 rounds in his previous fights and has nothing left in him. Covington is a massive c*nt, hope Usman breaks his jaw again

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29254 on: September 20, 2020, 01:20:05 pm »
That was a pathetic effort by Woodley, I mean almost as bad as Covingtons post fight interview. Why was he angry at Lebron?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29255 on: September 20, 2020, 01:21:28 pm »
That was a pathetic effort by Woodley, I mean almost as bad as Covingtons post fight interview. Why was he angry at Lebron?

Because he's a massive racist
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #29256 on: September 26, 2020, 10:45:39 pm »
No comments from the resident UFC fanatics?
Surely a big night of fights.
Adesanya vs Costa, that's certainly an interesting fight. Like playing as Chun Lee against Zangief with 20% of your life remaining. You could pick and move your way to a win, or get caught with his piledriver and it's game over.
I'm hedging for Adesanya, but it's a win either way, these are two great fighters.

Dominick Reyes va Jan Błachowicz.
I like Jan's power, think I'll go with him over the "athlete" ;D
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Bob Sacamano

• Legacy Fan
  • Alleged Manc and/or Gooner
« Reply #29257 on: September 27, 2020, 12:53:56 am »
No comments from the resident UFC fanatics?
Surely a big night of fights.
Adesanya vs Costa, that's certainly an interesting fight. Like playing as Chun Lee against Zangief with 20% of your life remaining. You could pick and move your way to a win, or get caught with his piledriver and it's game over.
I'm hedging for Adesanya, but it's a win either way, these are two great fighters.

Dominick Reyes va Jan Błachowicz.
I like Jan's power, think I'll go with him over the "athlete" ;D

Main event is a dandy for sure. Could see early fireworks but I expect adesanya’s evasiveness to prevail in the later rounds. Costa’s a bull but not sure he’s got the ringcraft to cut the cage and the discipline to keep a little extra gas in the tank for the championship rounds.

Offline Sweeney94

• Anny Roader
« Reply #29258 on: September 27, 2020, 03:13:38 am »
Anyone got any streams?

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29259 on: September 27, 2020, 03:36:32 am »
Anyone got any streams?

I'm not going watching til the mains but buffstreamz was good last time I did.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29260 on: September 27, 2020, 05:44:09 am »
No idea what that was from Costa. He spent more time taunting and smiling than fighting, don't think he even threw a meaningful punch. Adesanya the real deal

Impressive performance by Blachowicz too, massacred Reyes

Offline Bob Sacamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29261 on: September 27, 2020, 05:50:37 am »
Costa didn’t have a clue how to close the distance. Fought right in israel’s range the whole time.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #29262 on: September 27, 2020, 05:50:52 am »
That glancing blow from adesanya did for Costa and there was no coming back.

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29263 on: September 27, 2020, 06:36:54 am »
Last thing you want to be doing against a fighter who can pick you apart from the back foot is to slowly plod forward whilst offering your lead leg as kicking practice. That was a clinic.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29264 on: September 27, 2020, 06:55:01 am »
Adesanya is truely something special! With his length and striking ability hard to see anyone that can challenge him at this point. Only Gastelum has given him any trouble at all so far in the UFC. People really need to bite down on their mouth piece and get in his face with pressure like Kelvin otherwise he will clean out the division in record time at the rate he’s going.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29265 on: September 27, 2020, 09:41:10 am »
Adesanya is such a fantastic fighter. He totally set the rhythm of the fight and he controlled every second of the fight.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #29266 on: September 27, 2020, 02:38:48 pm »
Expected Izzy to win handily enough but not that handily, fight was over after the first three or four leg kicks.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29267 on: September 27, 2020, 03:26:25 pm »
Adesanya v Jones is what I want to see

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29268 on: September 27, 2020, 07:41:35 pm »
Adesanya v Jones is what I want to see

I heard Jones wants to move up to heavyweight
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29269 on: September 27, 2020, 08:30:32 pm »
Yeah Jones next fight is at heavyweight. Even though Adesanya is a world class striker, Jones would handle him.

Offline hulksagoodboy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29270 on: September 27, 2020, 11:32:58 pm »
Jones would mangle Izzy, don’t kid yourself with that fight.

Offline Roopy

• Kopite
« Reply #29271 on: September 28, 2020, 03:26:13 am »
Had no doubt that Adesanya would do the job.

All this talk about Costa and his power - its such a low percentage game, reminds me of Deontay Wilder in boxing.

Rogan going on about how "Costa walked down Romero, and nobody walks down Romero"  - there was zero chance he'd walk down Adesanya because Adesanya's striking is on a another planet compared to Romero's.

I also put a cheeky tenner on Blachowicz to beat Reyes.

I noticed how Reyes struggled against Volkan Ozdemir who pushed forward and has Reyes on the back foot.

Jan has the same style but is another level above Ozdemir and I had a feeling Reyes would get done again.

Reyes looks better than he is because he's mainly been in fights where he is the aggressor, but he lacks when being backed up.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 03:30:47 am by Roopy »

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29272 on: October 8, 2020, 11:15:05 pm »
McGregor has said he’ll fight Poirier and donate to his charity but has to be this year. Highly unlikely it’ll happen but would be an interesting match up, even if you favour McGregor.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29273 on: October 11, 2020, 12:31:43 pm »
Some incredible finishes last night. Joaquin Buckley with one of the best KO’s ever seen in MMA.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29274 on: October 21, 2020, 12:58:45 pm »
Forward to 3 minutes in,  Khabibs response   ;D

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/ponq8VsQkTY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/ponq8VsQkTY</a>

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29275 on: October 21, 2020, 04:24:03 pm »
Thoughts on the fight this weekend then folks? Casual UFC fan here, not seen much of Justin Gaethje other than his demolition of Ferguson. Can he trouble Khabib?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Hendollama

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29276 on: October 21, 2020, 06:01:19 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vqBGL6InxHQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vqBGL6InxHQ</a>

Really enjoyed this. Top quality.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29277 on: October 21, 2020, 10:29:29 pm »
Thoughts on the fight this weekend then folks? Casual UFC fan here, not seen much of Justin Gaethje other than his demolition of Ferguson. Can he trouble Khabib?
He's a threat that's for sure. Solid American wrestling background and we all saw what kind of standup game he has. He will give Khabib a solid fight but he's nowhere near as good as him, he'll probably get mauled.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29278 on: October 22, 2020, 02:46:11 am »
Forward to 3 minutes in,  Khabibs response   ;D

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/ponq8VsQkTY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/ponq8VsQkTY</a>

Stephen's A face afterwards is priceless  ;D

Offline Bob Sacamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29279 on: October 22, 2020, 03:16:15 am »

Gaethje is a helluva fighter but despite the conventional wisdom I don’t like the matchup for him. He’s an excellent counter puncher, but I think to beat khabib you have to pressure him. If gaethje gives ground hoping to “catch and pitch” khabib is going to get him on level changes all night and put him up against the cage (the last place you want to be against khabib).

Tony played right into his hands. Khabib will do no such thing. I’m skeptical gaethje can make those adjustments