Author Topic: Takumi Minamino  (Read 429082 times)

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
Re: Takumi Minamino
« Reply #3880 on: June 28, 2022, 08:08:26 pm »
Best of Luck Taki  :)
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3881 on: June 28, 2022, 08:37:30 pm »
He gave his all, always felt he deserved to be more than just a squad player but it couldn’t be helped. Hope he gets a good run in the team at Monaco and flourishes.

All the best Taki, thanks for the memories!
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3882 on: June 28, 2022, 09:35:51 pm »
AS Monaco EN
@AS_Monaco_EN
ようこそ、南野選手 !

Welcome,
@takumina0116
 🇯🇵✍🏼

#WelcomeTakumi

Not being funny or anything but if he was French in the picture would they have him in a breton shirt with garlic wrapped around his neck, riding a bike with a basket full of baguettes while on strike, smoking and cheating on his wife?

Bahaha great post … it’s a bit racist ain’t it
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3883 on: June 29, 2022, 12:37:46 am »
All the best Minamino-san!
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Tobez

• Kopite
  • We all Live r pool
« Reply #3884 on: June 29, 2022, 06:21:28 am »
I think Al has had  bad dealing's with the Japanese underworld hence his dislike of all things Japanese.

Gotta have evidence before yakuza man of dealings with the underworld, mate

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3885 on: June 29, 2022, 12:03:44 pm »
Great professional, was a low-risk signing that didn't work out, yet he still had a decent impact during his short time here. The cup wins don't happen without him. I'm sure he'll do great at Monaco, best of luck to him.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #3886 on: June 29, 2022, 01:22:48 pm »
I think Jurgen has said it all

"It’s hard to see Taki go, but it’s a great move for him and one he thoroughly deserves," Klopp told the Liverpool website.

“I’m sure there will be those who think it didn’t quite work out. Those who think this are wrong. I don’t accept that. His contribution far outweighs the opportunities we were able to give.

"He made us better each and every day he was with us – not just in the games he played in but every single session in training. Perfect attitude, winner’s mentality.

“His performances and his goals are the reason we have had to redecorate the Champions Wall so often. His achievements here will stand the test of time."

aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3887 on: June 29, 2022, 01:31:04 pm »
I question this repeated claim that 'it didn't work out'.

It pretty much did work out: He was brought in as a cheap squad player, a backup player, esp to play in the cups and that's what he did: he backed up when needed and did notably well in the cups. After several years of this he now wants to move on. Everything is cool and kind of as expected.

Not every player is expected to be, nor needs to be, the new Salah

The bigger issue for him was the lockdown and pandemic which disrupted his arrival so severely. I have a lot of sympathy for anyone caught in that kind of situation: early days at a new club, in a new country, stuck in digs which can't even feel like home yet, unable to meet up and bond with your nerw colleagues etc. Must have been pretty rough.

Al, we all know by heart what you are about to say; why not take a break for once? The kid's gone, moved on, shaken the dust etc
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3888 on: June 29, 2022, 01:42:38 pm »
Good luck Taki. He made a difference.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #3889 on: June 29, 2022, 01:47:38 pm »
I question this repeated claim that 'it didn't work out'.

It pretty much did work out: He was brought in as a cheap squad player, a backup player, esp to play in the cups and that's what he did: he backed up when needed and did notably well in the cups. After several years of this he now wants to move on. Everything is cool and kind of as expected.

Not every player is expected to be, nor needs to be, the new Salah

The bigger issue for him was the lockdown and pandemic which disrupted his arrival so severely. I have a lot of sympathy for anyone caught in that kind of situation: early days at a new club, in a new country, stuck in digs which can't even feel like home yet, unable to meet up and bond with your nerw colleagues etc. Must have been pretty rough.

Al, we all know by heart what you are about to say; why not take a break for once? The kid's gone, moved on, shaken the dust etc

A lot of that comes from a desperation to find signings made under Jürgen Klopp that didn’t work out.  The fact that people say it about Taki should be taken as a huge compliment. Cos if a player who played the biggest part in getting a team to 2 cup finals, that saw them winning both ‘didn’t work out’, then what does it say about the rest of them!

And some of it comes from this weird ‘theory’ that the only successful signings are those who become stars or first 11 players. It’s so odd.  We love going on about it being a squad game, and having fun with and theorising which players will play in cup matches, and making up starting 11’s for the match threads etc. But when it comes to saying a player is a success or not, someone isn’t because they don’t play 40 games a season?

Bonkers.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3890 on: June 29, 2022, 02:16:16 pm »
Not to even mention the fact that we've made a pretty big profit on him.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline M4tt

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3891 on: June 29, 2022, 02:19:12 pm »
I feel it was a bit arlarse on him that he didn't get to have an impact in the finals of both competitions after having done so much to get us there, and viewed in that light I understand where he's coming from with his recent statements.

Great player, but was always going to be this way for him behind one of the best front 3s in the world.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #3892 on: June 29, 2022, 11:21:46 pm »
There may not have been an open tour bus ride in May without Timi's cup goals

Thanks
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3893 on: June 30, 2022, 10:06:40 am »
Helped us win two cups and sold him for double what we bought him for

How anyone can complain about that is mind boggling to say the least

Thanks Taki for LCFC memory at Anfield, one of my favourite games in recent history!

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3894 on: June 30, 2022, 11:52:22 am »
Literally the perfect squad player purchase. We made a big profit on him and he contributed on the pitch in significant ways. Plus his finishing this last season was impeccable. A joy to watch him shoot inside the box last season.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3895 on: June 30, 2022, 12:33:25 pm »
Literally the perfect squad player purchase. We made a big profit on him and he contributed on the pitch in significant ways. Plus his finishing this last season was impeccable. A joy to watch him shoot inside the box last season.

No no no - you don't understand. He should have been world class and have displaced Mane, Salah, and Firmino and also won the Balon D'or.

Basically a failure!

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #3896 on: June 30, 2022, 12:46:45 pm »
Great attitude, good ball skills, highest cup goalscorer last season.

Why it didn’t work out is a mystery that is going to puzzle people for a long time.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3897 on: June 30, 2022, 01:33:13 pm »
AS Monaco EN
@AS_Monaco_EN
ようこそ、南野選手 !

Welcome,
@takumina0116
 🇯🇵✍🏼

#WelcomeTakumi

Not being funny or anything but if he was French in the picture would they have him in a breton shirt with garlic wrapped around his neck, riding a bike with a basket full of baguettes while on strike, smoking and cheating on his wife?

All I see is Taki as a Japanese Samurai warrior, nothing racist. Kendo (and other martial arts) is taught in Japanese schools and around 2 million Japanese practice Kendo still, its a part of their proud history.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #3898 on: June 30, 2022, 02:00:31 pm »
I'm pretty sure they've just photoshopped him over Sasuke from Naruto ;D

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3899 on: June 30, 2022, 02:38:33 pm »
Great attitude, good ball skills, highest cup goalscorer last season.

Why it didn’t work out is a mystery that is going to puzzle people for a long time.

Came at exactly the wrong time. Sandwiched between Covid, a rotten injury crisis that saw Jurgen relying heavily on established players, Taki was caught between a rock and a hard place. This season was what you would typically expect from a new arrival's first season. Now with new arrivals he's basically been overtaken by events.

Under other circumstances I think he could have made a major contribution to the team, but alas it was not to be.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3900 on: June 30, 2022, 03:41:56 pm »
Helped us win two cups and sold him for double what we bought him for

How anyone can complain about that is mind boggling to say the least

Thanks Taki for LCFC memory at Anfield, one of my favourite games in recent history!

just saw his goals compilation and bangers most of them. his technique and ability to make the net rip is a gift. Monaco got a player on their hands!

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #3901 on: June 30, 2022, 07:39:41 pm »
I think Jurgen has said it all

"It’s hard to see Taki go, but it’s a great move for him and one he thoroughly deserves," Klopp told the Liverpool website.

“I’m sure there will be those who think it didn’t quite work out. Those who think this are wrong. I don’t accept that. His contribution far outweighs the opportunities we were able to give.

"He made us better each and every day he was with us – not just in the games he played in but every single session in training. Perfect attitude, winner’s mentality.

“His performances and his goals are the reason we have had to redecorate the Champions Wall so often. His achievements here will stand the test of time."
That does actually say it all.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline dosx

• Kopite
  • This is Anfield
    • LFC
« Reply #3902 on: July 21, 2022, 02:21:35 am »
🔥97🔥

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #3903 on: July 21, 2022, 06:45:35 am »
All I see is Taki as a Japanese Samurai warrior, nothing racist. Kendo (and other martial arts) is taught in Japanese schools and around 2 million Japanese practice Kendo still, its a part of their proud history.
Yes. I agree. I suppose on one level it's racist. But is racism only bad when it's derogatory? Aren't we taught viva la difference?
I wonder if he had to sign off on it? If someone did something like that based on my ethnicity I'd be pissed off, not offended, but not happy about it .
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #3904 on: July 21, 2022, 08:06:56 am »
Yes. I agree. I suppose on one level it's racist. But is racism only bad when it's derogatory? Aren't we taught viva la difference?
I wonder if he had to sign off on it? If someone did something like that based on my ethnicity I'd be pissed off, not offended, but not happy about it .

He's the star player of the 'Blue Samurai' national team, I doubt he's going to take offence to being depicted as a Blue Samurai. ;D
:D

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #3905 on: February 9, 2024, 11:54:01 am »
Saw Taki last night in AS Monaco's defeat to FC Rouen in the French Cup
Still nice and tidy play and hugely let down by his strikers
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"