Author Topic: The Men in Suits behind the scenes  (Read 524851 times)

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
Re: Michael Edwards and the Men in Suits behind the scenes
« Reply #1560 on: May 24, 2022, 12:02:47 pm »
I hope we've changed the passwords  ;D

:lmao

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1561 on: May 24, 2022, 04:25:25 pm »

Yes, I don't know how he will cope.

total dump
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #1562 on: June 22, 2022, 10:55:15 am »
Been approached by Chelsea

Thought he has something lined up .

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1563 on: June 22, 2022, 10:55:57 am »

Caughtoffside is the source isn't it, so, yeah....

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1564 on: June 22, 2022, 10:58:52 am »

Ok , so yeah . ;)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1565 on: June 22, 2022, 11:03:53 am »

You read some things on RAWK which genuinely just leave you gobsmacked.

So....when he announced in November last year that he was leaving, you think what he had lined up was a Sporting Director job at Chelsea? Who have since had their owner sanctioned, put the club up for sale, spent months sorting a new buyer and then sacked their previous sporting director (who was pretty much the main football person at the club under the owner who was in charge at the time that Edwards announced he was leaving)? :D

I know we credit Edwards for playing 4D chess....but wow.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1566 on: June 22, 2022, 11:28:50 am »

So....when he announced in November last year that he was leaving, you think what he had lined up was a Sporting Director job at Chelsea? Who have since had their owner sanctioned, put the club up for sale, spent months sorting a new buyer and then sacked their previous sporting director (who was pretty much the main football person at the club under the owner who was in charge at the time that Edwards announced he was leaving)? :D

Defo Edwards move that. Cause a war between Russia and Ukraine to get Chelsea sold to a new owner of his choosing who then employs him.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1567 on: June 22, 2022, 11:49:34 am »

The same source says that he has rejected them
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #1568 on: June 22, 2022, 08:56:11 pm »
I hope to god he won’t join one of our “rivals”, that’d be a big blow
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1569 on: June 22, 2022, 09:02:55 pm »
I imagine Chelsea will try again, but why would you join a club and invest years helping build them up into a competitive winning machine, only to then join a domestic rival competitor and spent the next three to five years of your life effectively trying to undo all the work you did in your previous job by making things even harder for them? 

He certainly doesn't need the money, so is this what would pass for a challenge these days?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1570 on: June 22, 2022, 09:06:34 pm »
He certainly doesn't need the money
I'm sure he was paid well, but I doubt he was on footballer wages. Maybe he does need a big payday to set him up for life.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Men in Suits behind the scenes
« Reply #1571 on: June 22, 2022, 11:19:32 pm »
You watch him - he’ll go to a genuine total rebuild project I reckon. He’s an architect. Architects are all about the architecture.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1572 on: June 22, 2022, 11:33:13 pm »
Times confirming that Chelsea want him...
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #1573 on: June 22, 2022, 11:43:11 pm »
I thought he would go abroad - hope he doesn’t go Chelsea or Manure

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1574 on: June 23, 2022, 01:07:15 am »
Someone better tell Ward to change all the passwords.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1575 on: June 23, 2022, 10:44:07 am »
I thought he had already turned down Chelsea. None of the Chelsea journalists have even confirmed any of this.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1576 on: June 23, 2022, 10:50:28 am »
Man United is very unrealistic but I could see him at Chelsea.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1577 on: June 23, 2022, 11:03:08 am »
Man United is very unrealistic but I could see him at Chelsea.

In terms of a challenge United would be a very attractive proposition. Problem is its got quite a lot of power brokers involved so he probably would struggle to get settled.

Apparently he has contacts to the group that bought Chelsea and he would be given more backing in that regard. But Chelsea's financial future isn't that assured really.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1578 on: June 23, 2022, 11:17:31 am »
Our super nerd number crunchers better be on iron clad long term contracts.

Not surprised by this, Boehly since he's been linked with Chelsea has wax lyrical about our analytics based recruitment.

Seems he likes to copy of FSG, his Dodgers certainly did by hiring their version of their version of Theo Epstein and  copying the Redsox bringing in analytics to their Baseball recruitment.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1579 on: June 23, 2022, 11:45:03 am »
the angst people are having about this is a bit funny.

most top-level teams are putting this structure in place anyway (maybe without the physicists).

Edwards has already done that here - and left us his protege.

in a couple of years everyone will have it - it's not a huge secret.

(not to take away how awesome Edwards was for us)

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1580 on: June 23, 2022, 11:48:53 am »
You watch him - he’ll go to a genuine total rebuild project I reckon. He’s an architect. Architects are all about the architecture.
I thought he'd go for a different sport, or a more executive role, even at FSG -- overseeing the whole sporting empire and installing best practice. That would be a challenge, rather than more of the same, which is what Chelsea represents.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1581 on: June 23, 2022, 12:03:47 pm »

most top-level teams are putting this structure in place anyway (maybe without the physicists).

He could take some part of the team with him though

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1582 on: June 23, 2022, 12:22:29 pm »
It's not having a data analytics that wins you trophies. They present the foundation but all the heavy lifting is still required by the coaching.

Obviously all Premier League clubs use analytics to some extent, and if you put Klopp in at Chelsea they'd be winning all before them regardless of Boehly's grand data vision.

Not saying it's unimportant but FSG's methods were being utilised prior to Klopp and the margin between success and failure is down to the coaching. And let's remember Brendan Rodgers - who is a very capable manager - couldn't get a tune out of Firmino or know how to play him. Looked like a dud under such circumstances but bring in a world class manager and suddenly the data analysis is genius.

It's another thing altogether to get a world class manager to get the absolute best out of them. Chelsea may replicate the structure, but I'm not worrying they'll usurp Klopp and co if they're still up against the neurotic oddball that is in their dugout.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 12:24:11 pm by mattD »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1583 on: June 23, 2022, 12:32:28 pm »
Its a bit like when that Steve Walsh bloke who 'masterminded' Leicester signing Vardy, Kante and Mahrez, rolled up at Everton to much fanfare and then promptly got fucked off about a year later.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1584 on: June 23, 2022, 12:56:58 pm »

It’s probably cos football in England was so slow to catch onto the Sporting Director model. It was a big no-no for ages. We all remember how Rodgers refused to work with one here, it was normal for managers to just not want them.

Edwards’ status was really elevated, as he was maybe one of the first really good, high profile ones and of cousre, doing it at a very high profile club.

I’m sure many of recall how Michael Zorc was looked upon as some genius by a lot of PL fans (his name would come up as often as a managers’ name in many a teams fanbase wish lists). Yet pre Klopp he wasn’t considered anything special, in fact he was on shaky ground at Dortmund.   

It’s become a bigger deal here because many where not used to it I imagine.

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1585 on: June 23, 2022, 02:30:07 pm »

Oh. I sea.

In that case, it’s been Nice knowing you, Michael. It’s not Eze to admit, but sometimes we Cannes all agree that the Grasse really is greener on the other side .    .   .

Offline Songs to Sing

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Hold your head up high He made the people happy
« Reply #1586 on: June 29, 2022, 10:01:29 pm »
Stories about of United and Chelsea.
I hope edwards doesn’t go to either
-Rafael Benitez 03/06/2010: "Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone." No, thank you, you wondeful, humble, gracious man. You fought for us for years and won't be forgotten.-
The 5th Benitle

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1587 on: June 29, 2022, 11:24:35 pm »
Stories about of United and Chelsea.
I hope edwards doesn’t go to either

I hope he goes to both

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #1588 on: July 25, 2022, 05:52:53 am »
The £80million Anfield Road redevelopment is on budget and on track for completion in time for the start of the 2023-24 season. An extra 7,000 seats will boost capacity of Liverpool’s stadium to around 61,000. The club are open to the idea of selling naming rights to the stand (not the stadium itself) if the right offer is forthcoming.

“It’s certainly something that we will consider,” says Hogan. “We didn’t for the Main Stand; we may for Anfield Road. We wouldn’t say no to it but it’s not something we’re actively pursuing currently.”

https://theathletic.com/3444892/2022/07/25/liverpool-billy-hogan-interview/
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1589 on: July 25, 2022, 10:55:01 am »
I wish I could win £100m on euromillions. I'd gladly offer LFC £20m a year for five years to rename the ARE the "Everton Are Crap" stand. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1590 on: July 25, 2022, 01:06:23 pm »
I wish I could win £100m on euromillions. I'd gladly offer LFC £20m a year for five years to rename the ARE the "Everton Are Crap" stand. ;D

Perhaps the "Everton Are Tragic" stand would be more, you know, traditional...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #1591 on: August 15, 2022, 08:06:16 am »
It has been well documented that Michael Edwards was a leading target for the new Stamford Bridge hierarchy, the Englishman having decided to leave his post with Liverpool after more than a decade.

But if Edwards had emerged as the top candidate from Chelsea’s perspective, they are going to need to look elsewhere because, The Athletic has learned, he has turned down the potential opportunity.

It is believed Edwards — who joined Liverpool in November 2011 following two years at Tottenham and was previously employed by EFL club Portsmouth — informed Chelsea in recent weeks of his intention to take some time out away from football, so stepping into such a role is not on his agenda for now.

https://theathletic.com/3505641/2022/08/15/ornstein-column-xhaka-jesus-arsenal-edwards-chelsea/
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1592 on: August 15, 2022, 08:36:52 am »

You missed the point , never thought he was going to Chelsea .

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1593 on: August 15, 2022, 01:53:41 pm »
It has been well documented that Michael Edwards was a leading target for the new Stamford Bridge hierarchy, the Englishman having decided to leave his post with Liverpool after more than a decade.

But if Edwards had emerged as the top candidate from Chelsea’s perspective, they are going to need to look elsewhere because, The Athletic has learned, he has turned down the potential opportunity.

It is believed Edwards — who joined Liverpool in November 2011 following two years at Tottenham and was previously employed by EFL club Portsmouth — informed Chelsea in recent weeks of his intention to take some time out away from football, so stepping into such a role is not on his agenda for now.

https://theathletic.com/3505641/2022/08/15/ornstein-column-xhaka-jesus-arsenal-edwards-chelsea/

Basically "Fuck off you plastics".

Offline BigRedLetterDay

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1594 on: August 20, 2022, 06:28:30 am »
Lovely interview with Alex Inglethorpe, who's just signed a new long term contract https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/alex-inglethorpe-new-deal-lfc-story-so-far-and-academy-vision

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1595 on: August 20, 2022, 09:16:37 am »
Lovely interview with Alex Inglethorpe, who's just signed a new long term contract https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/alex-inglethorpe-new-deal-lfc-story-so-far-and-academy-vision

Thanks for that, great read.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #1596 on: September 19, 2022, 06:50:21 pm »
Maybe someone can get over to Wembley and ask Will what he actually does all day as FSG clearly don't care.....

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1597 on: September 19, 2022, 06:52:06 pm »
Maybe someone can get over to Wembley and ask Will what he actually does all day as FSG clearly don't care.....

Didnt one of our guys give an presentation basically highlighting how transfers are too risky and basically dont bother.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #1598 on: September 19, 2022, 06:57:27 pm »
Didnt one of our guys give an presentation basically highlighting how transfers are too risky and basically dont bother.

And yet we do transfers! Makes me think of this meme.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1599 on: September 19, 2022, 08:14:40 pm »
Wast he the speaker last year too?