Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3429473 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: General Manchester City thread
« Reply #28800 on: May 17, 2019, 07:39:00 pm »
PL trophy is their consolation prize.  They envy the bollocks out of us.  Loved from within; hated from without - but they'd rather have that than the utter indifference they receive.

But if they think a CL trophy will earn them the respect and adulation they crave, they're sadly mistaken.  It will gain them no more respect than Chelsea's win did.  I mean, who even talks about that anymore?  People remember John Terry's slip more than they remember Di Matteo's fluked win.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #28801 on: May 17, 2019, 07:51:51 pm »
I don't have a problem with Manchester, love the place.

Yer fucking wha!!!!!!!!!!

Respectfully Black Bull. Fuck off with yer Manc love in. We're LFC, Scouse and Liverpool is the place we love. And the place we shower with praise. Manchester is a fucking dreary milltown. Always was, always will be, no matter how much anyone attempts to fucking camouflage it with shit high rises.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28802 on: May 17, 2019, 08:19:06 pm »
Reckon Pep will jump to Juve this summer as per the rumours?
They should be looking at a manager whose current team share their kit.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28803 on: May 17, 2019, 08:20:37 pm »
The old “but if someone was offended, I’m sorry” line is NOT an apology. Makes me angry when people dish out that bullshit quote.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #28804 on: May 17, 2019, 08:22:02 pm »
Looking at Pep Guardiola's managerial history, seems 3 to 4 years is his limit at clubs, had 4 years as Barcelona manager[one year at Barcelona B manager before being given the Barcelona first team job] a year off, then 3 years at Bayern, it's his 3rd year at City, wouldn't surprise me if he decided to leave.

I don’t think he’ll be gone so soon. The whole him, his brother and the UAE going into some partnership in some second tier club in Italy (I think?), the bringing in of all his mates from Barcelona as DoF etc, I think he’ll be a slave to the Dirham for a few more years yet.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline idontknow

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28805 on: May 17, 2019, 08:24:09 pm »
The funny thing for me is this PR drive by Abu Dhabi in cleaning up their image via football.

The more high profile they become in football via these cheating scandals the more they are highlighting what`s going on in their home countries.

I and many many other people would probably not know what`s going on in the gulf. Now I do because of their actions at Man City.
If they are intent on reputation branding, this post is exactly what needs spreading.
"I didn't realize how vile they were until they bought Man City. Turns out they're real wankers. Like & Share."

I like it. :)
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #28806 on: May 17, 2019, 08:25:39 pm »
“If Liverpool win the Premier League it would have been an incredible achievement, when Man City win it it’s ‘ok’.”

Awwwwwww poor Pip isn't liking the lack of attention Abu Dhabi FC are getting  :'(

That's because City is a nothing club. No one cares about them.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28807 on: May 17, 2019, 08:28:31 pm »
As if they make £100m more commercially than us!!

The Chelsea figure is suspect enough being a few mil less than ours, but City's is just ridiculous.

I also doubt their wages are as low as they are suggesting, and wouldn’t be surprised if players are being paid by other companies owned by the Abu Dhabi royal family.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28808 on: May 17, 2019, 08:46:41 pm »
I also doubt their wages are as low as they are suggesting, and wouldn’t be surprised if players are being paid by other companies owned by the Abu Dhabi royal family.

This has to be it. Didn't Mancini have two contracts? One with City and another with another company as ambassador?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #28809 on: May 17, 2019, 08:46:58 pm »

The taxman needs to have a look at a few of their players wage slips.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #28810 on: May 17, 2019, 08:47:38 pm »
Reckon Pep will jump to Juve this summer as per the rumours?
Jose please he will turn Aguero into a sweeper
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline idontknow

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28811 on: May 17, 2019, 08:51:43 pm »
Awww....it must be kind of sad though really, you win a trophy and you're surrounded by sycophants in blue who want to kiss and hug you, and then you get outside the stadium and look to 'high five' the outside world and take some of their plaudits and everybody just shrugs nonchalantly and goes..."yeah...well done I guess" and gets on with their lives because they're not really buying into City as a 'story' or a 'journey' or a 'romance'...they're just seeing a club with limitless resources being managed by a 'cheque-book' manager whose consistently had a wealth of riches to chose from on team-selection day.

But still they ask...

But why? Why won't they admire us? Why won't they respect us? Look, we ave trophy...

They're no more admired than the artificial 'hare' which runs round a greyhound racing track. Yes, the 'hare' usually gets to the finish line first before any greyhound does. It's meant to, it's deliberately powered by a mechanism which those greyhounds don't possess, but it's the fastest dog that the punters are watching, not the hare. The punters know that the 'hare' is not a real animal, and City asking for respect is tantamount to the artificial hare asking for respect because it beat the chasing pack to the line.

Then imagine a dog...(in red)...which very nearly catches the hare on the line, leaving all of the other dogs standing, and tell me...what's the 'story' here ?

Is the story:

"Electronic hare seals another victory over greyhounds.."

Or is it:

"Greyhound a whisker away from catching electronic hare and tearing it a new arsehole.."
What a brilliant analogy  ;)

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28812 on: May 17, 2019, 08:59:09 pm »

When the whole Football Leaks thing happened in the German press there was talk of HMRC investing, but and this is purely speculation on my part but if a foreign football has a bank account in a foreign country, like I dunno say the UAE, and a foreign entity like say a wealthy royal family were to put some money in there, it would very hard for someone like HMRC to know that those transactions were even taking place never mind prove there were any UK tax liabilities.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28813 on: May 17, 2019, 09:48:14 pm »
Guardiola is just a drone.  As robotic as the football he coaches. He dosen't seem to have any kind of idea as to the human side of football.

He certainly doesn't enjoy the idea of it being a contest.  He wants his side up early, in control and never letting a real battle break out.

Hard to say it hasn't worked for him as a manager, but it doesn't half suck the fun out of a game when one manager has everything in his favour and wants nothing more than for his team to never, ever be troubled.

A lot of managers have preached control, Rafa certainly did at his best here.  But nobody has been so close to making every game a complete non-event.  There are no thrills to that though.  Maybe the rest of the league will stop laughing at us in time to realise that that's what they're up against:  Total domination with no chance of ever getting close.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 09:52:43 pm by arthur sarnoff »

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28814 on: May 17, 2019, 10:23:58 pm »
Check this out, from a youtube comment. ;D

its called catch up , for 30 year united and say arsenal had premierleague top 4 money and champions league money, so say 30 years of say 50 million and thats being conservative of more money going into the bottom line every year more than city , so 30 * 50m is 1.5 billion than us, 2008 abu dhabi takes over . they say to compete in this league how much do we need to spend say 100 million , reply are you having a laugh more like 1 billion , so it was like a ford focus racing against a ferrari on the same track . we needed to spent because the cartel of the old top 4 were that far away in terms of income it was impossible to compete with out spending the money and thank god we did . to have a disadvantage of circa 50 million quid every year was basically saying nobody apart from the established clubs are allowed to win anything the fa should be held in disrepute to have allowed this to happen , city have broke this cartel for the good of the league and football and they dont like it, as i say there is a new sheriff in town and he wears sky blue

:lmao

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28815 on: May 17, 2019, 10:32:25 pm »
City is not our rival. City is a no-mark nothing club. Pip - it’s just like you winning La Liga with Girona bankrolled by Abu Dhabi ...
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28816 on: May 17, 2019, 10:33:22 pm »
City is not our rival. City is a no-mark nothing club. Pip - it’s just like you winning La Liga with Girona bankrolled by Abu Dhabi ...

You've just leaked his next job.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #28817 on: May 17, 2019, 10:36:02 pm »
Check this out, from a youtube comment. ;D

:lmao
YEE HAWW

Sheriffs-Big-Enis-and-Little-Enis" border="0

Offline RAWK Meltdown #1

• "Assume they got our phones, assume they got our houses, assume they got us, right here, right now as we sit, everything. Assume it all..."
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • " When You Have To Shoot..Shoot...don't TIKI-TAKA"
« Reply #28818 on: May 17, 2019, 10:37:33 pm »

Feck me..Juve have a kit-share arrangement? Ewww stinkypooo...hope it gets washed after each game. Great way for two clubs to economise though. Look after the pennies and all that... :D
YNWA

Offline MNAA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28819 on: May 17, 2019, 10:38:45 pm »
Easy - over inflated sponsorship deals = record breaking commercial income. As if they make more than Utd, fucking cheats.
Never believe that for one second. Rigged and manipulated numbers. Anyone who believes that ie either a fool or not in touch with reality
coitus will occur

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28820 on: May 17, 2019, 10:43:22 pm »
Never believe that for one second. Rigged and manipulated numbers. Anyone who believes that ie either a fool or not in touch with reality

Far too many either believe it or just don't give a shit.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28821 on: May 17, 2019, 10:44:46 pm »
Their players and manager like mouthing off, don't they? De Bruyne, Sterling, Guardiola. They don’t seem to be able to shut their mouths.

We will have them next season in the league.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28822 on: May 17, 2019, 10:45:00 pm »

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28823 on: May 17, 2019, 10:55:38 pm »
Their players and manager like mouthing off, don't they? De Bruyne, Sterling, Guardiola. They don’t seem to be able to shut their mouths.

Every day at least one of them talks about us, annoying as fuck looking at newsnow for stuff on us then seeing tedious quotes from them come through. And  ;D ;D at Guardiola moaning about Pogba and Utd being the top story on the daily mail website when City won the league. What a precious little bellend he is.

Offline MNAA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28824 on: May 17, 2019, 10:56:03 pm »

On the field - I want us to have them. Off the field, it’s time to expose them for what they are. A nothing no mark club on financial steroids. They’re no short cuts to commercial success for football clubs. Reputation and followings are built based on years of consistent success. Not through rigged manipulated accounts and numbers
coitus will occur

Offline MNAA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28825 on: May 17, 2019, 11:03:22 pm »
Every day at least one of them talks about us, annoying as fuck looking at newsnow for stuff on us then seeing tedious quotes from them come through. And  ;D ;D at Guardiola moaning about Pogba and Utd being the top story on the daily mail website when City won the league. What a precious little bellend he is.
This is paranoia at its best. They have the asnwers to all their wonderings. They know they’re with a club with no history and prestige. If you don’t know it by now Pip - City is no Barca and no Bayern. City is not even Ajax. City is like Espanyol. Fancy Espanyol suddenly get bankrolled by a Sheikh from somewhere and win La Liga like 5 times and European Cup like 5 times - even Pip would be protesting on the street
coitus will occur

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #28826 on: May 17, 2019, 11:03:37 pm »
De Bruyne is the one that pisses me off the most,what an arrogant obnoxious twat he is,

Saw him a couple of years ago out shopping in Hasselt,Belgium with his entourage, it was when he was with Chelsea and loaned to the German team.

Strutting around as if he was the King. Still have in in our team any day of the week though...   

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28827 on: May 17, 2019, 11:12:02 pm »
De Bruyne is the one that pisses me off the most,what an arrogant obnoxious twat he is,

Saw him a couple of years ago out shopping in Hasselt,Belgium with his entourage, it was when he was with Chelsea and loaned to the German team.

Strutting around as if he was the King. Still have in in our team any day of the week though...
Liverpool fan apparently

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28828 on: May 17, 2019, 11:16:22 pm »

It is killing them that they don't matter outside their own little bubble. Sterling has sampled being a Liverpool player, he's seen what proper support looks like, Cardiola is used to being at the top dog club in the League, he's gone from Barca to Bayern to the English equivalent of Deportivo or Zaragoza and become an irrelevance. I'd argue Klopp is a better manager, he's achieved what he has without pots of money and our footy is a joy to watch. Also, in Manchester, city are the small club, he will see more city shirts at the Etihad campus than he will see on the streets of Manchester.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28829 on: May 17, 2019, 11:16:46 pm »
Imagine being a City fan or player... knowing we beat Barcelona to make the final... and that you lost to fucking Spurs.

Oh how that must rankle.  Must be giving the dear little darlings sleepless nights.

Fuck you.  Tw@ts.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #28830 on: May 17, 2019, 11:17:16 pm »
Fuck these shower of classless c*nts.

We have a CL final on the horizon.

Up the fucking reds.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28831 on: May 17, 2019, 11:18:35 pm »
Fuck these shower of classless c*nts.

We have a CL final on the horizon.

Up the fucking reds.

Off to add to these

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28832 on: May 17, 2019, 11:33:22 pm »
Off to add to these

What they only dream of, Liverpool has achieved.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28833 on: May 18, 2019, 12:18:40 am »

Notts County???
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #28834 on: May 18, 2019, 12:27:52 am »

They probably only pay cash-in-hand.  ;)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28835 on: May 18, 2019, 12:33:58 am »
They probably only pay cash-in-hand.  ;)

Or blood diamonds.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28836 on: May 18, 2019, 12:35:38 am »

It's absolutely amazing. They buy the league and all they and their fans have talked about since is Liverpool.

How ironic that Cardiola moans about the focus not being on Abu Dhabi and their 'achievement', yet their own focus isn't even on themselves. They are all too busy going on about us. It's glorious.  ;D
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28837 on: May 18, 2019, 12:57:14 am »
Supposedly the journalists reporting on this are now being called out for being anti-Muslim....  Might be MCFC supporters but we don't want to be blaming anybody here......

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28838 on: May 18, 2019, 01:05:14 am »
Supposedly the journalists reporting on this are now being called out for being anti-Muslim....  Might be MCFC supporters but we don't want to be blaming anybody here......
Ah, the old, lets slur the accuser, tactic.  ::)

All so very predictable.

Offline iAnfieldRoad

• Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE IS COMING
« Reply #28839 on: May 18, 2019, 01:31:32 am »
Classless fuckwits. :no
Justice for the 97
You`ll never walk alone