Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3277482 times)

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
Re: United - το πράσινο και το gOle πρότυπο
« Reply #19560 on: September 19, 2021, 06:02:02 pm »
The only thing that would concern me is their squad is much more able to cope with injuries than ours.

Because if their midfield is injured, the replacements are equally underwhelming?

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #19561 on: September 19, 2021, 06:33:46 pm »
https://twitter.com/usmanshiga/status/1439608736528715782?s=19

They're sharing a really poorly photoshopped image of Ronaldo pointing to try and give him credit for De Gea's penalty save for some reason...

Offline palimpsest

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #19562 on: September 19, 2021, 06:45:42 pm »
Because if their midfield is injured, the replacements are equally underwhelming?

;D
We had dreams and songs to sing...

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19563 on: September 19, 2021, 06:46:06 pm »

They're sharing a really poorly photoshopped image of Ronaldo pointing to try and give him credit for De Gea's penalty save for some reason...

:lmao
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19564 on: September 19, 2021, 06:49:45 pm »

Looks more like an homage to Alex Ferguson if anything.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19565 on: September 19, 2021, 07:04:33 pm »

1) Ronaldo needs a physio as he’s clearly dislocated his shoulder there.

2) Noble has already started his run up. No goalkeeper in the history of the game is looking around at his own players looking for hints at that point.

The bloke who tweeted that is an idiot.

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19566 on: September 19, 2021, 07:32:01 pm »
Ronaldo needs to stop diving before the foul !!   Utd fans thinking there’s some sort of conspiracy by taking snapshots of what appears to be a foul but are not seeing that Ronaldo is diving before any contact, hence he’s not getting the penalties.    Every decision on his penalties today was spot on (apart from him not getting booked for diving).  Utd fans need to wake up and pull their heads out of the sand

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #19567 on: September 19, 2021, 08:59:10 pm »

Zoom in and he's got three arms ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19568 on: September 19, 2021, 09:04:33 pm »
First time I’ve watched them this season, and only saw the second half, but saw absolutely nothing that should be even slightly concerning to us, City or Chelsea.

You have just got to beat whats infront of you, and count the points at the end of the season. They will be up there.

Was peak Barclays today, you just knew De Gea was saving it. His penalty record is shite, while Nobles is rather good...
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19569 on: September 19, 2021, 09:15:14 pm »
Looks more like an homage to Alex Ferguson if anything.

:lmao

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19570 on: September 19, 2021, 09:20:45 pm »
They've conceded in every game so far this season?

Doesn't say much for the Maguire/Varane partnership which was being talked up in some quarters as the best in the league potentially. They won't be in the mix at the business end and their "away record" will be gone imminently.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #19571 on: September 19, 2021, 09:21:09 pm »
Lucky bastards.  ::)

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19572 on: September 19, 2021, 09:26:51 pm »
Actually they beat Wolves 1-0 but I think they have something like 2 clean sheets in their last 14 league games. That's awful given how much money they've spent on their defense.

Offline MoSzizlak

• Kopite
  • Yum Yum!
« Reply #19573 on: September 19, 2021, 10:02:36 pm »

9 of their players on the edge of the box waiting to follow in the peno but only 3 from West Ham. Had the ref said it was last kick?

I laughed when i heard about the penaties they were denied, then i saw the how replays showed the complete opposite. He might have got the away with last one if he hadnt dived before the tackle made contact with him. I guess for Atkinson and VAR it was the boy that cried wolf by that stage.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #19574 on: September 19, 2021, 10:30:50 pm »
They've conceded in every game so far this season?

Doesn't say much for the Maguire/Varane partnership which was being talked up in some quarters as the best in the league potentially. They won't be in the mix at the business end and their "away record" will be gone imminently.

I can only assume they are coming to anfield soon? If we don't pick up more injuries were are going to anihlate them.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19575 on: September 19, 2021, 11:08:53 pm »
Just seen their highlights on MoTD. Ronaldo should have been yellowed for being a dirty cheating c*nt. West Ham denied a stone wall. They must have pinched themselves getting 3 points there. Hope they thanked Moysie for his footballing genius in the tunnel. Who the fuck brings on a player to take a pen in the 90th minute having not even touched a ball. Dickhead.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19576 on: September 19, 2021, 11:13:51 pm »
That Pogba dive was pathetic.

Nowhere near being touched and did the most shameless shitty dive you'll see this season, was comically bad.

Cheating muppets.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19577 on: September 19, 2021, 11:16:04 pm »
That Pogba dive was pathetic.

Nowhere near being touched and did the most shameless shitty dive you'll see this season, was comically bad.

Cheating muppets.
They're being told to do it. Has to be. I thought City were bad for it with Graelish and Sterling, but these c*nts top the lot.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #19578 on: September 19, 2021, 11:18:59 pm »
Could have been 3 or 4 penalties in the game. I’m not sure what the ref saw in the first disallowed penalty (for West Ham).

Who on earth brings on a person to take a penalty……….gifted United the 3 points.
#JFT97

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19579 on: September 19, 2021, 11:21:57 pm »
Bissaka's one was mind boggling. Hack from behind. Get nothing of the ball. Doesn't even need VAR for that shit. Atrocious.

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19580 on: September 19, 2021, 11:24:40 pm »
Could have been 3 or 4 penalties in the game. I’m not sure what the ref saw in the first disallowed penalty (for West Ham).

Who on earth brings on a person to take a penalty……….gifted United the 3 points.

Southgate does.

Equally shite manager as Moyes 😂

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #19581 on: September 19, 2021, 11:28:42 pm »
Just seen their highlights on MoTD. Ronaldo should have been yellowed for being a dirty cheating c*nt. West Ham denied a stone wall. They must have pinched themselves getting 3 points there. Hope they thanked Moysie for his footballing genius in the tunnel. Who the fuck brings on a player to take a pen in the 90th minute having not even touched a ball. Dickhead.
This. If you don't give Soucek a penalty after the Wan Bissaka mugging, you can't possibly given any of the Ronaldo ones. Besides, Ronaldo was so clearly chucking himself to the ground that even if he was fouled (or the defender "got nothing of the ball" as the commentator claims), you can't give him a penalty...Too much theatrics involved there.

Then Gollum is so stupid...It's like he's learned nothing from Southgate bringing on Sancho and Rashford to take penalties cold in the Euro final. You've got club and media darling Declan Rice with the ball in his hand, warm and ready. Why not let him take the penalty? Fucks sake, what baffling stupidity.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19582 on: September 19, 2021, 11:35:53 pm »
Southgate does.

Equally shite manager as Moyes 😂
Tbf Klopp did it too although it was just the Charity Shield.

Went wrong for us then too and people criticized it though

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #19583 on: September 20, 2021, 12:07:45 am »
Ronaldo diving all over the place .... Shearer and Dublin - "Stone wall pens".

United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19584 on: September 20, 2021, 03:09:45 am »
Utd's come back wins away from home have become a real habit, but not a good habit. 

To me it signifies that this Utd team need a set back to motivate them and probably OGS needs to be forced to take risks which at the outset of games he isn't willing to take.  Which begs the question, would OGS be a better manager if he was less conservative in the way he sets his teams up at the start of games?  I think the answer is a definite yes.  Of course he'd still be an average manager, but if he could overcome this I think he could be better.   

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19585 on: September 20, 2021, 03:13:32 am »
This. If you don't give Soucek a penalty after the Wan Bissaka mugging, you can't possibly given any of the Ronaldo ones. Besides, Ronaldo was so clearly chucking himself to the ground that even if he was fouled (or the defender "got nothing of the ball" as the commentator claims), you can't give him a penalty...Too much theatrics involved there.

Then Gollum is so stupid...It's like he's learned nothing from Southgate bringing on Sancho and Rashford to take penalties cold in the Euro final. You've got club and media darling Declan Rice with the ball in his hand, warm and ready. Why not let him take the penalty? Fucks sake, what baffling stupidity.

Italian referees would have paid at least one of those pens for sure. 

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19586 on: September 20, 2021, 03:44:52 am »
Utd's come back wins away from home have become a real habit, but not a good habit. 

To me it signifies that this Utd team need a set back to motivate them and probably OGS needs to be forced to take risks which at the outset of games he isn't willing to take.  Which begs the question, would OGS be a better manager if he was less conservative in the way he sets his teams up at the start of games?  I think the answer is a definite yes.  Of course he'd still be an average manager, but if he could overcome this I think he could be better.   

That's reaching. We'd like to have that kind of habit.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19587 on: September 20, 2021, 07:22:45 am »
Where’s the outrage against Ronaldo, Pogba et al for “insulting Jimmy Greaves and the game he loved” by diving all over the place.

Or is that sort of vitriol only reserved for the likes of Mohamed Salah?  Can’t think what it is about Mohamed Salah that would cause British pundits and journalists to single him out for that kind of abuse.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19588 on: September 20, 2021, 07:32:42 am »
Bissaka's one was mind boggling. Hack from behind. Get nothing of the ball. Doesn't even need VAR for that shit. Atrocious.

The ref had already blown for offside I think. Then again, didn't United get a pen last year after the final whistle?
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #19589 on: September 20, 2021, 07:34:24 am »
Where’s the outrage against Ronaldo, Pogba et al for “insulting Jimmy Greaves and the game he loved” by diving all over the place.

Or is that sort of vitriol only reserved for the likes of Mohamed Salah?  Can’t think what it is about Mohamed Salah that would cause British pundits and journalists to single him out for that kind of abuse.

Did they really say that about Salah?!! Mental if so  :o

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19590 on: September 20, 2021, 07:45:41 am »
Did they really say that about Salah?!! Mental if so  :o

After Salah got kicked in the penalty area against West Ham last year and a penalty was awarded loads of people decided he dived (this a few weeks after the Robertson and Welbeck incident which was a “stonewaller” according to the same people).  It was a few days after Nobby Stiles passed away and a couple of people in the media decided that Mo had been massively disrespectful to him by allowing himself to be kicked.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19591 on: September 20, 2021, 08:16:19 am »

They must be on drugs. Ronaldo's diving was unreal yesterday.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19592 on: September 20, 2021, 08:18:11 am »
It was one person in the media that accused Salah of dishonouring Stiles - Tony Cascarino writing in the times. Other papers carried the story knowing that it would be great for clicks.

Here’s one of Tony’s latest to give an idea of the insight and intelligence we’re dealing with:

« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 08:29:57 am by thejbs »

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19593 on: September 20, 2021, 09:13:31 am »
The double standards in football are off the scale when it comes to the subject of diving. Utd's amount of diving has been clear for a while now. Rashford admitted it, Pogba openly encouraged Luke Shaw to dive and was visibly pissed off that he didn't, Fernandes is yelping every week now Ronaldo is throwing himself down all over the shop. I was out a walk yesterday listened to the first half and the amount of times the commentator said about the ball going into the box and a Utd player going to ground was ridiculous.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #19594 on: September 20, 2021, 10:15:24 am »
The ref had already blown for offside I think. Then again, didn't United get a pen last year after the final whistle?

The ball would have gone to the player who was fouled and not the one offside.

I think the ref invented a new rule. It’s ok to foul a player and prevent him getting the ball if the ball ends up with another player who is offside.

It was as clear a penalty as it gets and ranks with the over-turned Walker red card and penalty on Saturday in the category of “bizarre refereeing decisions”.
#JFT97

Online BigCDump

• Kopite
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #19595 on: September 20, 2021, 10:17:57 am »
So the death by a thousand paper cuts continues for Utd. Just like us in the 90s. Ole yet again shows zero capability but his team literally scrapes a 'hard fought' win. The fans think they're mixing with the big boys at the top of the table, all else is forgiven.

Cue midweek, they get embarrassed in the CL or, very likely, an angry West Ham and get knocked out of the cup. Little bit of confusion among the clueless fanbase. Another paper cut.
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19596 on: September 20, 2021, 10:20:47 am »

Guaranteed penalties for them next week then
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #19597 on: September 20, 2021, 10:46:40 am »
At some point, diving becomes counterproductive. If players go into every duel looking for a free kick, they will lose most of them. And all that focus wasted on the referee, it cant be good.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #19598 on: September 20, 2021, 12:52:01 pm »
They must be on drugs. Ronaldo's diving was unreal yesterday.

Disgraceful. I didn’t see the match but watching MOTD last night he was hoping that one of his dives would get him a penalty. The referee need to sort that out and tell him it is not acceptable.

Offline Dr_Evil

• Anny Roader
« Reply #19599 on: September 20, 2021, 01:30:37 pm »
re Ronaldo: there used to be a great autocorrect here, amending 'Ronaldo' to 'He who fannies about and dives around'. Would be lovely to see its return.
Holy fuck lads I got family home. My computer isn't at a hidden place in the house. They saw the penis.