Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3286310 times)

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
Re: The Anfield Wrap....
« Reply #120 on: August 22, 2011, 06:09:50 pm »
Podcast still not on iTunes. Anyone knows how long it usually takes for it to appear on there?

The iTunes website (if that's what your looking at)  takes a while to update occasionally (I run a grime podcast, music and that). If you go to the podcast section in iTunes and right click on Anfield Wrap and go to "update podcast" it should then double check and assuming they've added it, then it will download mate. I believe that iTunes will check a couple of times a day for new content, but obviously not immediately after it's gone up, unless your lucky.

Hope that helps and I'm not talking shit.  :wave
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Don Vito Corleone

• I want you all to call me Loretta
  • Legacy Fan
  • They talk when they should be listening
« Reply #121 on: August 22, 2011, 06:16:43 pm »
Podcast still not on iTunes. Anyone knows how long it usually takes for it to appear on there?
If you subscribe, it'll allow you to DL episode 3
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: August 22, 2011, 06:45:31 pm »
Great rant by Jay at the end.

'Is right'

Bang on
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #123 on: August 22, 2011, 09:36:00 pm »
It's at the point now where directly after the game I look forward to Monday morning and listening to the guys talk about it. I can't fucking stand listening to people talk about football usually. In fact I hate mostly everything.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: August 22, 2011, 09:41:44 pm »
It's at the point now where directly after the game I look forward to Monday morning and listening to the guys talk about it. I can't fucking stand listening to people talk about football usually. In fact I hate mostly everything.

Blimey, high praise indeed, thanks for that.

Still think the highlight of today was Jay Mac calling all the anonymous gobshites who called Tony B and Tony E

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: August 22, 2011, 11:03:30 pm »
Tell Girling to sit closer to the microphone. Sounds like he's sat by the window.

Obviously, I do realise he can't do this now.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: August 22, 2011, 11:14:56 pm »
Tell Girling to sit closer to the microphone. Sounds like he's sat by the window.

Obviously, I do realise he can't do this now.

I did, about 20 minutes in, but edited the bit where I threw a strop about it out.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: August 22, 2011, 11:15:57 pm »
Well I'm about 25 minutes in now, so I'll assume you've just picked him up and moved him.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #128 on: August 22, 2011, 11:16:35 pm »
Still think the highlight of today was Jay Mac calling all the anonymous gobshites who called Tony B and Tony E
Yeah I enjoyed that, he was bang on.
Nice to hear Jay talking about stuff other than the ownership, if you know what I mean.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #129 on: August 22, 2011, 11:29:29 pm »
Enjoyed that again lads, something I look forward to every week now.
Great to hear real fans discuss the ups and downs of the football, how It should be and as someone alluded to earlier, good to hear
Jay speak about the football as only ever really heard him at the SOS rallies and the like.
Shows how far we have come.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: August 22, 2011, 11:35:28 pm »
Blimey, high praise indeed, thanks for that.

I'd suggest some music on the front of Neil talking, and the thing finishing. Just sounds a bit mad pressing play and hearing Neil with some terrible puns.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: August 22, 2011, 11:42:12 pm »
I'd suggest some music on the front of Neil talking, and the thing finishing. Just sounds a bit mad pressing play and hearing Neil with some terrible puns.

We're working on an intro/outro, unfortunately, Bono was busy this week

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #132 on: August 22, 2011, 11:46:10 pm »
We're working on an intro/outro, unfortunately, Bono was busy this week
Terry de Niro's waiting...

Offline No Appreciation of Liverpool Opposition

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • My blog
« Reply #133 on: August 22, 2011, 11:55:49 pm »
kelly is the first choice reserve player :P
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

royhendo

« Reply #134 on: August 23, 2011, 08:42:43 am »
Was good again lads, very enjoyable. Gotta promote the site more though - it's shooting fish in a barrel, surely. Better though with the 'what's coming next week'... but there's a lot of good stuff on there hiding away (not even bumming up my own stuff here - the stuff from Si for example is superb).

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: August 23, 2011, 08:54:58 am »
Was good again lads, very enjoyable. Gotta promote the site more though - it's shooting fish in a barrel, surely. Better though with the 'what's coming next week'... but there's a lot of good stuff on there hiding away (not even bumming up my own stuff here - the stuff from Si for example is superb).

That WAS the plan this week, but time kind of fucked us a little, got lost in the flow and isn't want to interrupt, to be honest though, having seen the web stats mate, it's not a major concern, deffo bear in mind though.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: August 23, 2011, 09:23:43 am »
Listening to week three on the way to work this morning. Found myself in agreement with most of what was said aside from when quite a few of you suggested that Flanagan should not have been dropped after his performance against Sunderland.

Keep up the good work, I'm really enjoying the show so far.

royhendo

« Reply #137 on: August 23, 2011, 09:31:38 am »
...having seen the web stats mate, it's not a major concern

That's good to hear mate - more power to your elbow!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: August 23, 2011, 09:54:19 am »
That's good to hear mate - more power to your elbow!

It's all good mate, even more pleasing when you see the podcast having 3 episodes in the top 25 sports chart and having the podcast as a whole at number 5 nationally in the top sports podcast list.

Made up people seem to like it.

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #139 on: August 23, 2011, 10:17:53 am »
It's all good mate, even more pleasing when you see the podcast having 3 episodes in the top 25 sports chart and having the podcast as a whole at number 5 nationally in the top sports podcast list.

Made up people seem to like it.

It's good stuff. There's been a gap for something like this for ages, so fair play for spotting that and going for it. Enjoyed this weeks effort too. Glad you managed to avoid the cakes this time around.

One thing. I'm sure I subscribed to the podcast last week, but when I opened my iTunes today it didn't show up. Anyone else had this problem?
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline Redwhiteandnotblue

• God's spin doctor.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: August 23, 2011, 12:52:51 pm »
Terry de Niro's waiting...

talking Italian?

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: August 23, 2011, 01:10:06 pm »
A few new posts over the past few days since Royhendo's superb interview with the gifted yorkykopite.

I write about why I love the first weekend in June: http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2011/08/june-glorious-june/ as well as reviewing the Bossmag gig from last weekend: http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2011/08/boss-mag-gig-2/

Paul Rogers, head of Liverpoolfc.tv gives you the 10 greatest Scouse tunes: http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2011/08/10-great-scouse-tunes/

Rob Guttman, man about town writes of his love affair with Dalglish (this really is brilliant): http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2011/08/the-king-and-me/

Feedback on this and the podcast appreciated as always. Nice one.

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline muffins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Well done, lads.
The Anfield Wrap....
« Reply #143 on: August 24, 2011, 05:42:38 pm »
Great work on episode 3. Love the "Is right" sign-off.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #144 on: August 29, 2011, 12:38:25 pm »
We getting one of these today, and are you lot taking the international week off?
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: August 29, 2011, 01:27:57 pm »
We getting one of these today, and are you lot taking the international week off?

According to Andy Heaton on Twitter, we are getting a podcast today.

Offline AFX

• Kopite
« Reply #146 on: August 29, 2011, 01:31:28 pm »

Yay! :)
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline mattsant

• Legacy Fan
  • SOS #9517
« Reply #147 on: August 29, 2011, 01:58:44 pm »
I hope so, i need something to listen to whilst at work :D brilliant so far lads, keep it up.

Online Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #148 on: August 29, 2011, 02:36:12 pm »
Just read that. A great interview.
Read that one just now as well, great interview that. Always look out for his posts on here, I can't think of anyone who writes about football in the same stylish way he does, actually. His piece on Suarez is just one of many superb articles/posts on here.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #149 on: August 29, 2011, 03:06:35 pm »
What time will this be out today?

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: August 29, 2011, 03:14:07 pm »
What time will this be out today?

5ish apparently.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #151 on: August 29, 2011, 03:51:35 pm »
He reminds me a bit of Don Vito Corleone who started this thread.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.

Offline masher

• Legacy Fan
  • hippie at heart
« Reply #153 on: August 29, 2011, 06:03:18 pm »
Just finished listening to this week's episode. Quality as always, I would happily pay a few quid if it did become a paid  subscription service.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #154 on: August 29, 2011, 06:27:33 pm »
Just finished listening to this week's episode. Quality as always, I would happily pay a few quid if it did become a paid  subscription service.

Dont give them ideas ;D

I enjoyed it, very good once again. The only problem I found at times was when everyone spoke at the same time, its hard to follow.

Offline alex.

• "Bring out The Blimp!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: August 29, 2011, 07:12:59 pm »
Another brilliant listen and I agree entirely with both posts above.

Offline masher

• Legacy Fan
  • hippie at heart
« Reply #156 on: August 29, 2011, 07:19:27 pm »
I enjoyed it, very good once again. The only problem I found at times was when everyone spoke at the same time, its hard to follow.
There were a couple of incidents when that happened, but I dont think it would be as much fun if you take away the spontaneity of it by trying to exert too much control.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 07:21:07 pm by masher »

Offline srs507

• Kopite
  • I'm scouse. Except for accent and location.
« Reply #157 on: August 29, 2011, 07:28:58 pm »
Found this article to be absolutely great: http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2011/08/the-great-net-spend-rope-trick-and-more-moneyballs/

edit: listening to the podcast for the first time....man the accent, i just can't understand it :(
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 07:32:57 pm by srs507 »
Games I've been to: 2011/2012 - Wolves (h), Man Utd (h), QPR (h), Villa (a), Wigan (a), Newcastle (h), Man City (a)
2012/2013 - Spurs (Friendly), Norwich (h)
2013/2014 - Newcastle (h)
2014/2015 - Olympiakos (friendly), Man City (friendly)
Not bad for an American eh?

Offline rednile

• Last one out
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 18 LT , 5 EC, 7 FAC, 8 LC, 3 UEFA,
« Reply #158 on: August 29, 2011, 07:42:06 pm »
Downloading the Podcast now , that's my Monday night sorted the Barca game then The Wrap.
Spent sometimes in stormy weather                               

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: August 29, 2011, 08:05:58 pm »
edit: listening to the podcast for the first time....man the accent, i just can't understand it :(
Probably Jay who you are having most difficulty with mate.