Author Topic: Spurs - First Ten Games 23/24 League Champs  (Read 83869 times)

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Spurs - First Ten Games 23/24 League Champs
« Reply #1360 on: April 3, 2024, 01:51:27 pm »
21% rise in operating expenses with Spurs acknowledging areas for cost increases include stadium-related expenses such as utilities and consumables.  They also note - and this is key for Everton - even with an expected increase in third-party events those activities do not compensate for a lack of European football

BMC was/is more a project of vanity than sanity. Look at how long Arsenal had to cut spending after their stadium was built, and they regularly sell-out - for Women's games now too - plus they have decent demand for corporate hospitality being a London club, and they have won a few FA cups while paying off the stadium. Everton have been fighting off relegation, spending like idiots, and I doubt they'll be able to increase ticket prices AND attract more fans.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1361 on: April 3, 2024, 02:05:37 pm »
Look at how long Arsenal had to cut spending after their stadium was built, and they regularly sell-out - for Women's games now too - plus they have decent demand for corporate hospitality being a London club, and they have won a few FA cups while paying off the stadium. Everton have been fighting off relegation, spending like idiots, and I doubt they'll be able to increase ticket prices AND attract more fans.

Wenger was able to keep them in competition for Top 4 year after year despite having to sell his best players to keep things afloat because of the cost of the Emirates. Look at all the players they end up selling to the likes of Barcelona (Henry, Fabregas, Song, Hleb), Chelsea (Cole), Man Utd (Van Persie), or Man City (Toure, Adebayor, Clichy, Nasri) in the first six years the Emirates was open. Granted Wenger had an academic background in economics so he felt more obliged than most managers to ensure the club was not being further indebted by making sacrifices to the playing squad and he got killed for it in parts of the press. Everton by contrast, who are owned by an accountant, won't even sell players to avoid the prospect of points deductions. And that's before we even get into the issue of the stadium. Spurs are acknowledging that regular NFL games and record breaking Beyonce concerts are not enough to offset the lack of European revenue. Everton aren't getting those opportunities.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1362 on: April 3, 2024, 02:34:39 pm »
Accounts came out - just the £86m loss, overspending desperately to stay relevant.

Are LFC the only club that spends money we actually have?

Brighton too!

We're very well placed if the PL continue to actually come down on those spending above their (legitimate) means.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1363 on: April 3, 2024, 02:43:10 pm »
21% rise in operating expenses with Spurs acknowledging areas for cost increases include stadium-related expenses such as utilities and consumables.  They also note - and this is key for Everton - even with an expected increase in third-party events those activities do not compensate for a lack of European football

also, Spurs do get and will get a lot of money from the concessions from the NFL games I think? Not like Everton will be getting the sort of money Spurs likely get. 

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #1364 on: April 3, 2024, 03:16:45 pm »
I think, if you actually look at the accounts, the main reason for their financial losses is the lost cheese revenue. Failing to invest in the cheese room is what's killing Spurs.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1365 on: April 3, 2024, 04:15:32 pm »
Spurs lifting the title earlier this season feels such a long time ago now.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1366 on: April 3, 2024, 04:21:04 pm »
Brighton too!

We're very well placed if the PL continue to actually come down on those spending above their (legitimate) means.
Definitely. They've just posted a record profit for an English club of over £122m, and that doesn't even include the sale of Caicedo to that little club in West London.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/brighton-record-profit-transfers-sales-32497572.amp
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline MoSzizlak

• Kopite
  • Yum Yum!
« Reply #1367 on: April 3, 2024, 05:07:36 pm »
Spurs lifting the title earlier this season feels such a long time ago now.

Form for the first 10 games was a 99 point season, form since then would be 59 point season  :o

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1368 on: April 3, 2024, 05:18:04 pm »
All told - they are probably very happy with their season especially if the 5th CL spot opens up.

Postecoglu is a good manager it seems - and if they have CL money - they will probably be able to add depth to the squad.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #1369 on: April 5, 2024, 03:24:03 pm »

21% increase!!!!  I guess a lot of it is inflation.  Services costs are still highly inflationary, concessions , stewarding etc.  Price of cheese has rocketed too.

--edit-- Will BMD copy them with a cheese room?  Cheddar, Edam , Stilton and other Boo cheeses?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #1370 on: April 5, 2024, 04:23:52 pm »
Did Spurs build the cheese room in the end? I didn’t think they had.

Everton would probably announce a cheese room, and not build it. Then in a few years when they release yet about set of terrible accounts, claim mitigating circumstances as the cheese room would had had them break even.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1371 on: April 5, 2024, 04:25:11 pm »
Did Spurs build the cheese room in the end? I didn’t think they had.

Everton would probably announce a cheese room, and not build it. Then in a few years when they release yet about set of terrible accounts, claim mitigating circumstances as the cheese room would had had them break even.

Harry Kane put a block on it because they refused to serve him Dairylea Dunkers in there.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1372 on: April 5, 2024, 04:50:37 pm »
Did Spurs build the cheese room in the end?

Had to give it a swiss...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #1373 on: April 5, 2024, 05:21:23 pm »
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1374 on: April 5, 2024, 06:12:22 pm »
Very Gouda!

Pfft, thought it was full of holes...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1375 on: April 5, 2024, 06:20:00 pm »
21% increase!!!!  I guess a lot of it is inflation.  Services costs are still highly inflationary, concessions , stewarding etc.  Price of cheese has rocketed too.

--edit-- Will BMD copy them with a cheese room?  Cheddar, Edam , Stilton and other Boo cheeses?

"This cheese has got redshite on it"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1376 on: April 5, 2024, 06:37:34 pm »
Had to give it a swiss...

It's like making love to a beautiful woman.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1377 on: April 5, 2024, 07:09:17 pm »
It's like making love to a beautiful woman.

Committing insider trading is like making love to a beautiful woman. I hope that was Joe Lewis's defence.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1378 on: April 5, 2024, 07:30:27 pm »
Committing insider trading is like making love to a beautiful woman. I hope that was Joe Lewis's defence.

Fining a billionaire £5m, that'll teach him.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #1379 on: April 13, 2024, 05:36:46 pm »
What's going on, mate?

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1380 on: April 13, 2024, 06:06:47 pm »
What's going on, mate?

Its who we are mate