Author Topic: The Horse Racing thread  (Read 326604 times)

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
Re: The Horse Racing thread
« Reply #3960 on: January 12, 2021, 08:26:05 pm »
Khalid Abdullah has died. His horses’ footprint is all over the sport. Legend of the breeding game.

Just seen on the RP he bred 102 out of 118 group ones. Simply astonishing.

Just hope that his legacy and support caries on in British racing.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #3961 on: January 13, 2021, 01:31:39 pm »
Think Energumene looks a definite threat to Shishkin. Came away nicely after the last given the ground
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3962 on: January 13, 2021, 02:32:11 pm »
Bob Olinger very good again there. Blue Lord never fully settled and still looks a bit green to me, but beaten fair and square on the day.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #3963 on: January 13, 2021, 03:01:24 pm »
Probably not even room inside a single post to name all his great horses. Strange how he’s gone just after Enable finished, bit like Cecil with another of his and probably the best of the lot, Frankel.

Actually strange is not the right word really but there’s a nice symmetry to it I suppose

They hinted massively on ATR that the only reason Enable stayed in training was so he could see her maybe get another Arc before he passed on, it sounds like he was sick for some time. May he rest in peace.

Offline Ab125

• Main Stander
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #3964 on: January 15, 2021, 11:29:03 am »
Today's winners*

*i take no responsibility if any houses are lost or your wife files for divorce due to any of these losing.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3965 on: January 15, 2021, 02:30:32 pm »
Today's winners*

*i take no responsibility if any houses are lost or your wife files for divorce due to any of these losing.

Paddy Power have a load of specials on these 3, and have included our game on Sunday in a few of them. They'll make an absolute fortune from the likes of me the fuckers  ;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Ab125

• Main Stander
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #3966 on: January 15, 2021, 04:17:37 pm »
Paddy Power have a load of specials on these 3, and have included our game on Sunday in a few of them. They'll make an absolute fortune from the likes of me the fuckers  ;D
Fuck sake klopp.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3967 on: January 15, 2021, 04:43:34 pm »
Klopp Out!

To be fair Van Dijk did well given his injury

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3968 on: January 15, 2021, 05:47:12 pm »
Not the normal jockey on Klopp. Usually Cam Hardie who was on Tathmeen instead  ::)
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #3969 on: January 15, 2021, 08:20:03 pm »
Bob Olinger very good again there. Blue Lord never fully settled and still looks a bit green to me, but beaten fair and square on the day.

Not sure Blue Lord is a 2 mile 5 horse. Fast run two miles looks his game to me but don't think he is quite top class for this year anyhow. He is the type I could see turning up in a county hurdle next year off a nice weight and running a big race. Having said that I don't think they bought him to run in a county hurdle!!

Bob Olinger was impressive though and on overall form (rather than just their latest races) he would be ahead of bravemansgame in my book.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 08:24:48 pm by goalrushatgoodison »
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3970 on: January 15, 2021, 09:29:46 pm »
Not sure Blue Lord is a 2 mile 5 horse. Fast run two miles looks his game to me but don't think he is quite top class for this year anyhow. He is the type I could see turning up in a county hurdle next year off a nice weight and running a big race. Having said that I don't think they bought him to run in a county hurdle!!

Bob Olinger was impressive though and on overall form (rather than just their latest races) he would be ahead of bravemansgame in my book.
Mullins isn’t averse to a late switch around but I get the impression Appreciate It will be the Supreme horse and Blue Lord the Ballymore. I think Blue Lord stays 2m5 but having run free most of the race on heavy ground he had nothing left for the finish. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Blue Lord get closer in March.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3971 on: January 15, 2021, 10:35:57 pm »
Envoi Allen has to give 11lb to the field including Asterion Forlonge on Sunday at Punchestown in heavy ground. Probably makes this his toughest test to date. Slightly strange step to take but perhaps they didn’t expect to face something like Asterion Forlonge. I guess it depends which Asterion Forlonge turns up but this could be a tougher race in the ground than they want before Cheltenham
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 04:18:29 am by duvva »

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3972 on: January 16, 2021, 08:27:40 am »
Envoi Allen has to give 11lb to the field including Asterion Forlonge on Sunday at Punchestown in heavy ground. Probably makes this his toughest test to date. Slightly strange step to take but perhaps they didn’t expect to face something like Asterion Forlonge. I guess it depends which Asterion Forlonge turns up but this could be a tougher race in the ground than they want before Cheltenham

Yep, going right handed too which probably makes Asterion 7 to 10 lbs better than going the other way round. Mate of mine was convinced during the week that if Asterion stood his ground that Envoi would be scratched. He backed Asterion on that basis too.

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3973 on: January 16, 2021, 09:38:51 am »
Mullins isn’t averse to a late switch around but I get the impression Appreciate It will be the Supreme horse and Blue Lord the Ballymore. I think Blue Lord stays 2m5 but having run free most of the race on heavy ground he had nothing left for the finish. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Blue Lord get closer in March.

He obviously ran very free and i also acknowledge that these French types are more often stayers than not so he may well get 2 5 when he learns to settle. But  he has had a fair bit of racing between France and Ireland so im thinking its experience of serious pace in the race rather than more experience in general that he needs, He will only get that experience in 2m races. Hes not for me for this year.

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #3974 on: January 16, 2021, 12:06:22 pm »
I know he fell at the last there but Youmdor looks some animal for Willie Mullins
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3975 on: January 16, 2021, 02:23:30 pm »
Have Adrimel here, been following him since his bumper days. Strong race though I think.

*Just saw the money arrive for him. Happy with my 7/1 now  :D
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3976 on: January 16, 2021, 02:32:35 pm »
Gutsy gutsy performance there. Had to give away 3 pounds as well.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3977 on: January 16, 2021, 04:21:28 pm »
Gutsy gutsy performance there. Had to give away 3 pounds as well.
Nice one Flash

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3978 on: January 16, 2021, 04:26:29 pm »
Yep, going right handed too which probably makes Asterion 7 to 10 lbs better than going the other way round. Mate of mine was convinced during the week that if Asterion stood his ground that Envoi would be scratched. He backed Asterion on that basis too.
Thought they might take him out myself. Really interesting to see how the race plays out tactics wise. Would make sense for something to make it a proper test and see if Asterion Forlonge’s jumping holds up, wonder if they’ll go on themselves if nothing else wants to make it.

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3979 on: January 16, 2021, 07:38:15 pm »
Nice one Flash

Cheers mate.

Did you get to see Youmdor for Mullins today?

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3980 on: January 16, 2021, 08:07:31 pm »
You’re not wrong on Youmdor, Flash. I cannot believe he’d have been beaten if he stood up. He was still on the bridle in a Grade 1 coming to the last. Hopefully it throws people off the scent a bit and we can get a price at Cheltenham.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3981 on: January 16, 2021, 09:50:33 pm »
Cheers mate.

Did you get to see Youmdor for Mullins today?
You’re not wrong on Youmdor, Flash. I cannot believe he’d have been beaten if he stood up. He was still on the bridle in a Grade 1 coming to the last. Hopefully it throws people off the scent a bit and we can get a price at Cheltenham.
Only just watched it. No doubt he was still to be asked the question so the most likely winner. Both horses came away so looked a good performance (wasn’t a grade one though Gerry). I think he’ll have to jump a bit better though. Apart from coming down thought he was quite big at his hurdles at times. Looking a good set of Juveniles this year on both sides of the water. I like Adagio as things stand.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3982 on: January 16, 2021, 10:04:20 pm »
Only just watched it. No doubt he was still to be asked the question so the most likely winner. Both horses came away so looked a good performance (wasn’t a grade one though Gerry). I think he’ll have to jump a bit better though. Apart from coming down thought he was quite big at his hurdles at times. Looking a good set of Juveniles this year on both sides of the water. I like Adagio as things stand.

Of course. I don’t know what I was looking at but I was sure I saw that when I looked last night. Probably fuelled by alcohol  ;D

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3983 on: January 16, 2021, 10:10:12 pm »
Of course. I don’t know what I was looking at but I was sure I saw that when I looked last night. Probably fuelled by alcohol  ;D
:hally :lmao

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3984 on: January 16, 2021, 11:36:15 pm »
Not a grade 1 no but a decent juvenile hurdle and I think he was laughing at the eventual winner, still a nice price for the Triumph although Mullins does have French Aseel for that as well.

Alcohol fuelled mistakes are the best kind Gerry  :D

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3985 on: January 16, 2021, 11:47:16 pm »
Not a grade 1 no but a decent juvenile hurdle and I think he was laughing at the eventual winner, still a nice price for the Triumph although Mullins does have French Aseel for that as well.

Alcohol fuelled mistakes are the best kind Gerry  :D

Well we should get a good idea about where the Irish juveniles stand if they all turn up at Leopardstown in 3 weeks. They’re both entered along with French Aseel and Zanahiyr

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3986 on: January 17, 2021, 01:01:52 am »
Well we should get a good idea about where the Irish juveniles stand if they all turn up at Leopardstown in 3 weeks. They’re both entered along with French Aseel and Zanahiyr

Yes that is shaping up to be a cracker.

Coltor is out on Monday, he was second to French Aseel, although beaten 22L. So that form will be tested a bit.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3987 on: January 17, 2021, 12:26:20 pm »
I know we’ve got bigger things to look forward to today but really intrigued by this 12:50 race

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3988 on: January 17, 2021, 12:46:15 pm »
I know we’ve got bigger things to look forward to today but really intrigued by this 12:50 race

Same as Duvva and the hurdle race after it. I won't be able to watch though will have to check it out later.

I see Paul Townend is missing for the day, must be from the fall yesterday.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3989 on: January 17, 2021, 12:58:47 pm »
Got robbed of a race there. Don’t think Envoi Allen dispatched the outsider as easy as I’d like but he’s giving pounds away.

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3990 on: January 17, 2021, 01:00:45 pm »
Got robbed of a race there. Don’t think Envoi Allen dispatched the outsider as easy as I’d like but he’s giving pounds away.

Asterion a faller?

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3991 on: January 17, 2021, 01:01:41 pm »
Yep real anti climax. Think hurdles may beckon for Asterion Forlonge. Think they just wanted to win with the minimum effort in the end, but might have expected him to come away slightly easier I agree

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3992 on: January 17, 2021, 01:02:23 pm »

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3993 on: January 17, 2021, 01:31:52 pm »
At the first!

Fuck sake, hurdles it is with him so you'd assume. Don't think he's a Champion Hurdle horse though.

The winner of the 1.20 drifted from 6/1 to 22/1 in about 20 minutes before the race  :o

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3994 on: January 17, 2021, 01:35:51 pm »
That’s mad, rarely win after a drift like that, usually run like they’ve got three legs!

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3995 on: January 17, 2021, 01:44:08 pm »
That’s mad, rarely win after a drift like that, usually run like they’ve got three legs!

I'm used to seeing McNally's horses going the other way in prices  ;D

That horse won a handicap hurdle off 84 at one stage in his career.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 01:46:42 pm by FlashGordon »

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3996 on: January 29, 2021, 04:40:17 pm »
The bumper horse in Ireland today won really well. Elliott didn’t exactly talk it down after. One under the radar a bit for the Cheltenham bumper.

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3997 on: January 30, 2021, 12:20:50 pm »
The bumper horse in Ireland today won really well. Elliott didn’t exactly talk it down after. One under the radar a bit for the Cheltenham bumper.

There are so many good bumper horses in Ireland this year it's hard to keep track of them all.

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3998 on: February 5, 2021, 07:08:43 pm »
Great two days coming up at Leopardstown.

I will be watching two closely with an eye to Cheltenham tomorrow. Abracadabras in the hurdle and Darver Star in the Arkle.

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3999 on: February 6, 2021, 12:38:25 pm »
Great days racing instore lads, best of luck everyone.