Author Topic: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 757504 times)

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #3800 on: October 24, 2020, 05:24:31 am »
When he's coming back?
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #3801 on: October 24, 2020, 11:23:32 am »
While I think Ox is still a valuable member of the squad, it will be a struggle for him to become a regular starter unless he is able to make himself undroppable (when fit).

Obviously with Jota coming in, he will find one route to starting games blocked off to a certain extent. I think both him and Keita will start less games because of VVDs absence as we will go with more workmanlike midfields with Thiago being the creative hub.
You've got a good point, I can see him being sold next season to make funds available for a new CB. Hendo, Keita, Fabinho, Thiago and Gini are all ahead of him for that CM spot. Shaq is a better forward option a d I think Jones will take Ox's spot going forward.

Just don't see the player we had before his injury, which is such a pity. Great guy and obviously very popular.

Hope he proves me wrong and goes on to have a fabulous season though.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3802 on: October 24, 2020, 11:29:32 am »
Thats assuming Gini is still here next season...

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3803 on: October 24, 2020, 04:36:32 pm »
Like him as a player and he seems a good lad too. Just worry that injuries will prevent him from fully reaching his potential. He seems to take a while to regain his form post layoff too.

Just shows our progress though when a player of his ability isn’t a guaranteed starter.

I’d just love him to have an uninterrupted run from now on to see what he can do.

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #3804 on: October 25, 2020, 09:57:37 am »
Maybe a loan spell for him when he comes back to get his match fitness back. I can't see him getting into our team at the moment unless we get serious injuries in midfield.

Love him to get back to his best with us though - seems a really nice guy.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3805 on: October 25, 2020, 10:04:57 am »
Maybe a loan spell for him when he comes back to get his match fitness back. I can't see him getting into our team at the moment unless we get serious injuries in midfield.

Love him to get back to his best with us though - seems a really nice guy.

We're playing a game every three days, he won't need to go anywhere to get games!

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #3806 on: October 25, 2020, 10:08:39 am »
Like him as a player and he seems a good lad too. Just worry that injuries will prevent him from fully reaching his potential. He seems to take a while to regain his form post layoff too.

Just shows our progress though when a player of his ability isn’t a guaranteed starter.

I’d just love him to have an uninterrupted run from now on to see what he can do.

I think it's another Lallana situation.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #3807 on: October 27, 2020, 10:23:33 pm »
Really gutted for Ox, as he would have been having lots of game time recently. Let's hope this set back isn't a career changer, and that he comes back all guns blazing.

Do we have any ideas on a possible return date?
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3808 on: October 28, 2020, 08:16:38 am »
He needs to have more gaming time to get back to his best.
Believer

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #3809 on: October 29, 2020, 10:12:11 pm »
Really like everything about him. But it’s been a few years now and he hasn’t had a long run in the team. I know Klopp likes to rotate the midfield but I hate to say that the injuries may be taking their toll on him. I remember Jamie redknapp and how he just couldn’t get back to playing at a certain level so he left. Where all hoping you get back mate..ynwa
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #3810 on: October 30, 2020, 09:14:44 am »
I believe the lad can also fill in at Right Back - correct? So quite a versatile player, in my books.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3811 on: October 30, 2020, 09:41:24 am »
I believe the lad can also fill in at Right Back - correct? So quite a versatile player, in my books.

He didn't move from Arsenal to play at RB.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3812 on: October 31, 2020, 12:47:40 pm »
Still only 27. He just needs the injuries to settle for a bit and allow a consistent period of uninterrupted play. Every time he's out, it takes a fair while for him to get into the swing of things again (which isn't surprising). I hope he can get fit again and get back to his best.

I do worry that he, Matip and Naby are all the new Lallana's of the team. Really useful first team players who just cannot stay fit long enough to get into their best form.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3813 on: October 31, 2020, 01:18:33 pm »
Really gutted for Ox, as he would have been having lots of game time recently. Let's hope this set back isn't a career changer, and that he comes back all guns blazing.

Do we have any ideas on a possible return date?

Wasn't it estimated to be about 3 months? If so, he'd be due back late November.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3814 on: October 31, 2020, 01:26:54 pm »

It was one of the reasons he left, Wenger thought he was a wing back.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3815 on: October 31, 2020, 01:54:07 pm »

Think what Vinay is saying is in an absolute emergency he could play RB I’m sure he would do it for a game or two if needed just like Milner doesn’t like playing LB but does it if need be.

It would have to be a bad injury crisis though as we have TAA Williams Gomez Milner possibly Fabinho and Henderson ahead of him !

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3816 on: October 31, 2020, 02:29:51 pm »
Still only 27. He just needs the injuries to settle for a bit and allow a consistent period of uninterrupted play. Every time he's out, it takes a fair while for him to get into the swing of things again (which isn't surprising). I hope he can get fit again and get back to his best.

I do worry that he, Matip and Naby are all the new Lallana's of the team. Really useful first team players who just cannot stay fit long enough to get into their best form.

I think Oxlade-Chamberlain may be lucky in that there is the possibility that both Wijnaldum and Milner could depart, otherwise he could have been sold.

Offline SadioK

• Kemlynite
« Reply #3817 on: November 5, 2020, 01:18:27 am »
I think Oxlade-Chamberlain may be lucky in that there is the possibility that both Wijnaldum and Milner could depart, otherwise he could have been sold.

If Gini and Milner depart, we have no reliable midfielders who can stay fit. Only Fabinho.

Hendo injury issues of late.
Ox made of glass.
Naby made of glass
Gini - Likely to leave
Milner - Likely to leave
Curtis Jones - Okay so far injury wise.
Thiago - Historically bad but so far so good (bar the dirty Evs doing him dirty)
Fabinho - not injury prone.

Back to Ox - when is he actually back? He's been injured since Sept? I think the club is hiding the extent of his injury.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3818 on: November 5, 2020, 06:18:09 am »

Back to Ox - when is he actually back? He's been injured since Sept? I think the club is hiding the extent of his injury.

He's back when he's back. The club don't hide anything. The club has always been reluctant to give out detailed information about a players injury because that sort of thing is confidential. At this stage, he's unavailable and needs to recover and get fit and ready again. That's all there is to it. That being said, we have players who can fill that gap now and that takes a bit of pressure off in terms of having to rush him back.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3819 on: November 16, 2020, 10:38:12 pm »
There was a picture on Alex's social media account of him having contact with a football. It would be nice if he's on his way back.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #3820 on: November 16, 2020, 11:12:35 pm »
Sounds like he’s getting closer which is good news.

Can he play centre back?
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #3821 on: November 17, 2020, 03:04:28 am »
Sounds like he’s getting closer which is good news.

Can he play centre back?
He can play right back, not that it's where he wants to play of course, but might be needed there at some point.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3822 on: November 17, 2020, 08:21:01 am »
I think he'd be good at right back too.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3823 on: November 17, 2020, 10:19:34 am »
Is he still a thing?

Offline BigCDump

• Kopite
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #3824 on: November 17, 2020, 10:29:16 am »
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #3825 on: November 17, 2020, 11:07:40 am »
Can't see him being able to fill in at RB, he is still probably a few weeks away from full fitness and the demands of the role may mean that by the time he has match fitness, TAA will be back. We will need him in squad with all these games so let's hope he will be back soon.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #3826 on: November 17, 2020, 11:09:15 am »
There was a picture on Alex's social media account of him having contact with a football. It would be nice if he's on his way back.

But is he practicing his Little Mix dance steps? ;D

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3827 on: November 17, 2020, 11:44:25 am »
I am not sure about this guy’s lifestyle- is he dedicated enough to his trade to sacrifice some of the trappings of celebrity in order to keep himself in peak physical condition?

When his girlfriend says he wakes up to eat junk food in the early hours of the morning, it worries me

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3828 on: November 17, 2020, 12:03:42 pm »
I am not sure about this guy’s lifestyle- is he dedicated enough to his trade to sacrifice some of the trappings of celebrity in order to keep himself in peak physical condition?

When his girlfriend says he wakes up to eat junk food in the early hours of the morning, it worries me

Terry Mac drank lager by the bucket and ate little more than crisps or chips. It didn't do him much harm out on the pitch.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #3829 on: November 17, 2020, 12:05:26 pm »

Really don't get doubting his professionalism, if he wasn't one, he wouldn't have been here for once. He did so well to come back from a year long injury and perform well (even if he wasn't at his 17/18 form). How could anyone doubt him?

As for the bold part, couldn't find it online. All I found was here saying she was cooking lots of food for him, but he's an athlete so I guess he eats more than average. I mean, last I saw him he looked like he had 0% body fat and he looked that way since his Arsenal days.

Offline sirjames

• The Manly Eunuch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3830 on: November 17, 2020, 12:55:02 pm »

klopp likes him, why you arsed what his bird says?
If we win, its normal because were Liverpool Football Club
Rafa  25/1/05

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #3831 on: November 17, 2020, 05:36:43 pm »
Enjoyed his little tour of the new Kirkby facilities on the LFC site. He seemed in good spirits and is certainly back in some level of training. Be good to have him back
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3832 on: November 17, 2020, 06:48:23 pm »
Enjoyed his little tour of the new Kirkby facilities on the LFC site. He seemed in good spirits and is certainly back in some level of training. Be good to have him back

Me too. Can also see a tv career ahead of him-a very good presenter. Hopefully, first things first and a long run playing and in the squad, sorry, skwad.

Offline unknownuser

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #3833 on: November 17, 2020, 08:00:44 pm »

Well he's definitely burning off that Big Mac

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3834 on: November 17, 2020, 08:21:46 pm »

Eating junk food is one of the trappings of celebrity?

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3835 on: November 17, 2020, 08:23:30 pm »
Eating junk food is one of the trappings of celebrity?

In that case, I must be one of the most famous people in the world.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3836 on: November 17, 2020, 10:40:21 pm »
Class footballer on his day but he's got it all to prove again now. Plus a few people have bantered me calling him Mr. Perrie Edwards - not cool, but there's a message in there somewhere.

We all know he's a nice guy, but I think we all want him to just do his talking on the pitch now and churn out a season of top notch performances.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3837 on: November 17, 2020, 11:21:28 pm »
What was his injury exactly? It's been so long that I don't even remember what he's recovering from.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #3838 on: November 17, 2020, 11:31:50 pm »
What was his injury exactly? It's been so long that I don't even remember what he's recovering from.
Type 2 diabetes based on some posts on here.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3839 on: November 18, 2020, 12:14:00 am »
RSI from reaching for burgers and chips
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D