Author Topic: What Car Do You Own/Drive?  (Read 478078 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: What Car Do You Own/Drive?
« Reply #5280 on: December 8, 2020, 10:15:18 pm »
Well I appreciate your kind words Andy and maybe - just maybe - your positive energy, that wasn't tainted by the victim-blaming of some other posts in here  ;) had some kind of butterfly effect because....

IT'S BACK BABY

Police called, their surveillance cameras have plate recognition software and spotted it as stolen, parked up on the west side in the scariest neighborhood I've ever seen. Just got her back home and will be taking her for an aggressive interior bleaching.

God is Great, REFUND THE POLICE, and I'm cracking a cold one right now. I'll never take her for granted again
Fantastic news.  ;D

I'm so happy for you.  8)
« Last Edit: December 8, 2020, 10:57:55 pm by Santa's Spyinon Lil Kids* »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5281 on: December 8, 2020, 10:27:14 pm »
Well I appreciate your kind words Andy and maybe - just maybe - your positive energy, that wasn't tainted by the victim-blaming of some other posts in here  ;) had some kind of butterfly effect because....

IT'S BACK BABY

Police called, their surveillance cameras have plate recognition software and spotted it as stolen, parked up on the west side in the scariest neighborhood I've ever seen. Just got her back home and will be taking her for an aggressive interior bleaching.

God is Great, REFUND THE POLICE, and I'm cracking a cold one right now. I'll never take her for granted again

Great news.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5282 on: December 8, 2020, 11:06:19 pm »
Cheers lads - I'm so happy right now. Feel reborn, like Scrooge on Chrimbo Day  ;D

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5283 on: December 9, 2020, 02:25:54 am »

IT'S BACK BABY

Brilliant news - had an XR3i stolen outside my house back in the 90's horrible feeling when you walk out and go FUUUUCK and your heart sinks. Just had it resprayed and detailed - but you could open them with a 5pence coin  :(
You tell your parents and brother - they don't believe you, go outside and confirm it's not there - yeah it's not there - yeah no shit Sherlock  ;D

Glad the police got it back for you - good job you didn't call a social worker  ;) ;D

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #5284 on: December 9, 2020, 02:35:37 pm »

IT'S BACK BABY

That is quite impressive detective work realy. The fact that some police officer put half and hours effort into actually finding your car and not just chalking it up as a statistic is a great ending. Slightly reassuring in a way and a positive story for the american police.

Happy for you.

John C is right - that would never happen in Liverpool.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5285 on: December 9, 2020, 02:41:29 pm »
That is quite impressive detective work realy. The fact that some police officer put half and hours effort into actually finding your car and not just chalking it up as a statistic is a great ending. Slightly reassuring in a way and a positive story for the american police.

Happy for you.

John C is right - that would never happen in Liverpool.

I still remember the orange glow of a night as yet another car dumped on Tower Hill burned. Stolen and then dumped cars were our playgrounds as kids.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5286 on: December 9, 2020, 06:32:11 pm »
I still remember the orange glow of a night as yet another car dumped on Tower Hill burned. Stolen and then dumped cars were our playgrounds as kids.
The 1980s were really bad for that.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5287 on: December 10, 2020, 10:40:59 am »
Black Audi - but only when I'm in Liverpool  ;)

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5288 on: December 10, 2020, 05:32:13 pm »

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #5289 on: December 16, 2020, 06:11:17 pm »
Test drove one of these today.

https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/toyota/gr-yaris

What a car! Ordering one tomorrow.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5290 on: December 16, 2020, 07:05:55 pm »
Test drove one of these today.

https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/toyota/gr-yaris

I like that. They've come on since my mate bought one in the 90's ;D

Is it on a par with the Focus RS? I've messed about in an RS, what a car that was.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5291 on: December 16, 2020, 07:15:55 pm »
It corners like nothing else I've driven. The straight line speed is decent, and certainly more than quick enough for me. But it's the handling that blew me away. Even on wet b-roads it just grips like it's on rails.

Feels really well built as well.

I've had a few sporty cars in the past, but this one made me smile more than anything else.

Delivery is 6 months though... so going to have to be patient!
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5292 on: December 16, 2020, 07:30:27 pm »
May/June time then? Great time to get it, salt all washed off the roads, nice sunny days to go out and play. Can you get a WRC sticker kit for it?

I drove the Focus RS on a Fast Ford day, along with a Mustang 5.0. Got to do drifting (it has drift mode) J turns and fly around a course like a loon. You could feel your insides getting mashed about ;D

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5293 on: December 16, 2020, 07:30:44 pm »
I like that. They've come on since my mate bought one in the 90's ;D

Is it on a par with the Focus RS? I've messed about in an RS, what a car that was.

I did a double take thinking it was an RS Rob.  It looks the business for sure.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5294 on: December 16, 2020, 07:33:40 pm »
I did a double take thinking it was an RS Rob.  It looks the business for sure.

Its a WRC homologation model, Tommy Makinnen hand a hand in the design

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5295 on: December 16, 2020, 07:42:19 pm »
Its a WRC homologation model, Tommy Makinnen hand a hand in the design
Ah makes sense now why it looks the business.  I'd love a blast round a track in something like that [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5296 on: December 16, 2020, 07:55:46 pm »
Ah makes sense now why it looks the business.  I'd love a blast round a track in something like that [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Bought my 10 yr old a drive in one of these for Christmas, Ferrari 458 Italia. Eldest drove a Gallardo in summer. Do I spoil me kids? 

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5297 on: December 16, 2020, 08:05:29 pm »
Bought my 10 yr old a drive in one of these for Christmas, Ferrari 458 Italia. Eldest drove a Gallardo in summer. Do I spoil me kids? 

Either that or you're living your dreams through them [emoji23]

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5298 on: December 16, 2020, 08:24:42 pm »
Either that or you're living your dreams through them [emoji23]

;D

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5299 on: December 17, 2020, 12:29:03 pm »
Ordered my GR Yaris. Delivery is expected mid-August now!

Still, it'll be worth the wait.
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5300 on: December 17, 2020, 12:59:36 pm »
Ordered my GR Yaris. Delivery is expected mid-August now!

Still, it'll be worth the wait.

You'll be like a convict marking the days on the wall.

Will you be glued to the telly watching WRC this season then?

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #5301 on: December 17, 2020, 01:44:44 pm »

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5302 on: December 17, 2020, 02:27:56 pm »
How much? Like that a lot.

Start around £30k

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5303 on: December 17, 2020, 02:52:41 pm »
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5304 on: December 17, 2020, 03:26:47 pm »
Yowsers!! 😲

You can go for the model with the circuit pack for £35k.

It is a road version of the new WRC car though, 3 cylinder 1.6 Turbo putting out 267BHP

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #5305 on: December 17, 2020, 09:40:24 pm »
Still though, £30k + for a Yaris

I guess I’m getting old now and would much rather a slow, comfortable saloon ha

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5306 on: December 17, 2020, 10:11:01 pm »
Still though, £30k + for a Yaris

I guess I’m getting old now and would much rather a slow, comfortable saloon ha

Fiesta ST is around £27k and the Focus RS is £32k, so its competitive with the others, but still stupid money.

I'm the same, I love the torque of mine, being a 2.2 diesel, that's OK for me for now. my days of being a twat on the road are gone, although I'm thinking of getting either a 5ltr Jag XK or a Supercharged Jag XJ in a few years

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5307 on: December 17, 2020, 10:12:05 pm »
Start around £30k

Ouch.

Not sure I’d drop that on a Yaris, regardless of model.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5308 on: December 18, 2020, 10:26:48 am »
You can go for the model with the circuit pack for £35k.

It is a road version of the new WRC car though, 3 cylinder 1.6 Turbo putting out 267BHP

Still, I bought a 3 year old Audi TTS for less than that. 306BHP and I don't look like a boy racer when I get out of it!
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5309 on: December 18, 2020, 10:45:51 am »
Still, I bought a 3 year old Audi TTS for less than that. 306BHP and I don't look like a boy racer when I get out of it!

It's a lovely car, but I wouldn't pay it either. Like you say, there are faster alternatives out there for less money.

A couple of grand more gets you an Audi R8.

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5310 on: December 19, 2020, 01:09:15 am »
My Volvo s60 got its first taste of a New England snowstorm today. Not even a flinch switching between ploughed / unploughed streets or covering a mixture of snow / ice / clean road, even without winter tyres.

Happy with that.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 01:11:55 am by Col »
I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5311 on: December 24, 2020, 01:47:05 am »
It's a lovely car, but I wouldn't pay it either. Like you say, there are faster alternatives out there for less money.

Ummm I need your connection then because as far as I am aware the R8 is four times the price

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5312 on: December 24, 2020, 10:37:54 am »
Ummm I need your connection then because as far as I am aware the R8 is four times the price

Obviously not a brand new one, but a 40,000 miler can be had for about £34k. Unlike Lambos and Ferraris, the R8 depreciates like mad. Mate of mine paid £18k for a Range Rover Vogue that cost the first buyer over £80k three years earlier.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5313 on: December 25, 2020, 01:37:34 am »
Obviously not a brand new one, but a 40,000 miler can be had for about £34k. Unlike Lambos and Ferraris, the R8 depreciates like mad. Mate of mine paid £18k for a Range Rover Vogue that cost the first buyer over £80k three years earlier.

wow didn't realise they dropped that bad

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5314 on: December 25, 2020, 09:22:57 am »

Yeah it's nuts, all I can think of is that it's the badge, a McLaren or Aston won't drop like that. My kids wanted to cash their premium bonds in and buy one between them.

I remember the BMW850, 70k new, bloke I knew picked one up for 3k.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5315 on: December 26, 2020, 11:53:48 am »

Which cars would you say are faster on British roads?

I've certainly never driven a car that's as much fun to drive on the road as the GR Yaris, and I've had a few fun cars. The amount of grip is incredible, even on wet, greasy b-roads. The main thing I was concerned about was how it would feel when being used as a daily driver. Didn't want it to be too firm and harsh - and it's not. A pleasant place to be even when pottering around town.

Anyway, I've ordered mine, but have to wait 8 months for delivery now! Counting down the days...
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5316 on: December 26, 2020, 12:17:13 pm »
Which cars would you say are faster on British roads?

I've certainly never driven a car that's as much fun to drive on the road as the GR Yaris, and I've had a few fun cars. The amount of grip is incredible, even on wet, greasy b-roads. The main thing I was concerned about was how it would feel when being used as a daily driver. Didn't want it to be too firm and harsh - and it's not. A pleasant place to be even when pottering around town.

Anyway, I've ordered mine, but have to wait 8 months for delivery now! Counting down the days...

Probably a Mini One ;)

Totally get where you are coming from, the Focus RS was a comfortable family car that just happened to be mentally fast. In the real world, super and hyper cars make absolutely no sense. I ride bikes and you can have a better laugh on a sports 400 than on a 1000cc Hyperbike.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #5317 on: December 26, 2020, 05:17:10 pm »

Higher the price of the car, higher is the depreciation.

My friend works in a showroom had this to say about an Audi A6. It retails in Germany at about 60k Euros new car with decent features and accessories. You buy one, drive it around a week and say, 500kms later, its only worth 50k.

Its a really long image but it gives you an idea about how a new car is NOT an investment (yet!)

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a5/2d/b6/a52db63a0a4469c9de9f8787af8c33ae.jpg

P.S. This is for the US market. I will search for a chart in the EU/UK market.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 05:21:34 pm by ChavCaughtinMoominMoooseMas »

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #5318 on: December 26, 2020, 05:38:16 pm »
This is why I lease

Offline Cohiba

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #5319 on: December 26, 2020, 06:01:52 pm »
Are all lease companies the same, or are some particularly better than others? Also, what is the best sort of package to go for. I have had company cars for many years but now with Covid etc and the way the workplace has changed I'm not driving as much, so now wonder if a lease car would be more sensible? I have no knowledge of leasing so any advice would be appreciated.
Every great achievement
Was believed to be impossible at one time