Author Topic: Stupid things you do that your partner doesn't understand  (Read 2260 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Stupid things you do that your partner doesn't understand
« on: November 24, 2020, 05:39:52 pm »
I watch footy and play Football Manager at the same time.

Mrs Allerton doesn't get it (Though it's her fault as she's treated to me my first FM since 2015)

Bloody game. ONE.... MORE... GO..... Unnghhh....
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Stupid things you do that your partner doesn't understand
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 05:58:26 pm »
Get drunk and sing Liverpool songs in the kitchen at 3am.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 08:19:20 pm »
Spend over a grand a year on going to watch football.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 08:25:44 pm »
Most memes I post.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2020, 06:15:02 am »
Spend time on RAWK
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2020, 07:40:19 am »
Leave shit out, crumbs everywhere...and take long, hot, deep soaks in the bath.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2020, 04:28:20 pm »
Sometimes when she's washing dishes and she reaches over to the table to grab something else, she'll just leave the tap running on full blast. Why??

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2020, 06:50:04 pm »
I get really angry and shouty when I play video games and she (quite reasonably) doesn't understand why I play if it makes me so mad.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2020, 10:38:44 am »
Most memes I post.

Yeah my wife doesnt get some of them either.

It annoys her though, so I have got that going, which is nice.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2020, 06:41:31 pm »
Wash the dishes by hand.

Mrs doesnt understand why I wash everything by hand and then leave it out to dry on the counter top.

She pre washes by hand then takes time to rack it into the dish washer and then you have to take it all out back on to the counter top when it is done.

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2021, 04:42:20 am »
She doesn't understand why I need another motorbike.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2021, 08:49:05 am »
Why oh why would I need another bass guitar?

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2021, 04:00:43 pm »
The need to overtake a slow-moving car.

She would just sit behind it, for miles if necessary, travelling at 10/20mph slower than she would otherwise choose.

I wait for an open section of road where I can see there's nothing coming in the other direction, then safely execute an overtaking manoeuvre. She thinks I'm 'driving like a dickhead'
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2021, 04:14:29 pm »
Why oh why would I need another bass guitar?
Here as well. If I had a fortune I'd get 100 guitars.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2021, 04:20:03 pm »

She would just sit behind it, for miles if necessary, travelling at 10/20mph slower than she would otherwise choose.

I wait for an open section of road where I can see there's nothing coming in the other direction, then safely execute an overtaking manoeuvre. She thinks I'm 'driving like a dickhead'

By posting in this thread, are you admitting your driving is stupid?  ;D

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2021, 04:26:16 pm »

;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2021, 04:47:04 pm »
She doesn't understand why I need another motorbike.

They never do. I had to lie to the missus and say I'd sell the FireBlade after I bought the R1. As if ;D

Bet she's one of those who sits behind a truck on the motorway too?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2021, 04:51:35 pm »

Frequently  ;D
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2021, 05:10:27 pm »
They never do. I had to lie to the missus and say I'd sell the FireBlade after I bought the R1. As if ;D

Bet she's one of those who sits behind a truck on the motorway too?

Abso-fucking-lutely.

Tell you a tale. This was about 12 years ago when our youngest was a baby and eldest 4 or 5. We'd taken her mum & dad for a meal near Stretton and the arrangement for the journey home was that she had the kids in her car and would go straight home, and I'd take her mum & dad home. We joined the M56 at j10 and I'd explained to her when we set out that we'd be coming off at the next junction onto the M6 north (then off onto the 62). As we join the motorway, her right behind me, I'm immediately behind a vintage car doing about 40mph in the inside lane. There's plenty of space for us both to overtake and I do just that. She doesn't. I've accelerated to about 65 and am looking in my rear-view, but she doesn't pull out to overtake (but two lorries have since overtaken her and the slow vintage car and pull in behind me). I ring her (handsfree). Voicemail (find out later the battery was dead cos she'd forgot to charge it). The exit's looming and still no sign of her, but I reason the simple fucking instruction to exit on the first exit that I gave not 15 minutes ago will still be in her head. I slow down, hoping to see her. Don't see her. I can't exactly stop and am going as slow as I can. Just as I reach the point of no return I see here. Still dawdling at 40mph behind the the vintage car.... going straight past the fucking exit. The in-laws are giving me all kinds of shit for not waiting for her. I had to floor it onto the M6, come off at J20, double back, get onto the M56 east. Can find neither sight nor sound of her and figure she's sussed she's missed the turnoff and will come off the next one, so I do likewise. Nope. All I can do is head home.

Over an hour and half later - an hour and half of serious panicking by me - she rocks up. And, of course, it's all my fucking fault.

When she calmed down, she explained she didn't see me turn off, doesn't remember me telling her to take the first exit, began to panic, and ended up coming off near Manchester Airport. Saw a sign for Warrington & Liverpool and took that on a whim, then one for here when on the M6 and came down the East Lancs.

Kids had slept through it all in the back.

To this day she won't have it that she should have just overtaken the fucking vintage car and kept behind me.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2021, 05:15:45 pm »

Snip

:lmao

So much these days on the motorways I'll see lines of cars all following each other at 50mph in lane 1, I go bombing past at 56mph shaking my head. The other will be I'll move into lane 2 to overtake whatever is in lane and I expect to see the cars that were in 2 move into 3, so many time this doesn't happen. When I move into lane 1, the cars will then all speed up and overtake me  ::)

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2021, 09:37:26 am »
She thinks I'm 'driving like a dickhead'

I had an ex like this. She used to insist on doing all of the driving because she hated the way I drove. Once I was approaching a car parked up on the opposite side of the road and a van was coming from the other direction. Just as I started to pass the car (having not slowed or giving any indication I was giving way), the van decided there was enough space to get through as well and I had to violently pull to the side to avoid a scrape. I just said something like "he decided he couldn't wait there", and she replied "well neither could you" and proceeded to have a go at me for the next few minutes for not giving way. This was a woman who wouldn't drive on motorways and refused to leave the left lane on dual carriageways for any reason, even to let traffic merge from a slip road (she used to just crawl down to a near stop to let people on and never listened when I told her she was more likely to cause a crash by driving at 20mph).

No, I'm not still bitter.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 09:39:58 am by Riquende »
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2021, 10:45:22 am »
I had an ex like this. She used to insist on doing all of the driving because she hated the way I drove. Once I was approaching a car parked up on the opposite side of the road and a van was coming from the other direction. Just as I started to pass the car (having not slowed or giving any indication I was giving way), the van decided there was enough space to get through as well and I had to violently pull to the side to avoid a scrape. I just said something like "he decided he couldn't wait there", and she replied "well neither could you" and proceeded to have a go at me for the next few minutes for not giving way. This was a woman who wouldn't drive on motorways and refused to leave the left lane on dual carriageways for any reason, even to let traffic merge from a slip road (she used to just crawl down to a near stop to let people on and never listened when I told her she was more likely to cause a crash by driving at 20mph).

No, I'm not still bitter.

Sticking my defensive driving head on, the only thing she could pull you for is you should have been expecting the van driver to make the dickhead move and been in a position and speed to react without the violent swerve. Always expect other drivers to do the most stupid things, it is what had stopped me dying on the bikes. You'd still be in the right if bellend had hit you though, 100% his fault for actually going when there wasn't a gap.

I hate drivers like your ex, they are so dangerous. She'll be the one who will sit next to the truck if she's coming on a sliproad and won't speed up and will either sit there until they end up driving down the hard shoulder, or come to a dead stop on the slip road.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2021, 01:18:10 pm »
Here's another driving one, or two or three.

Drivers in the outside lane on a dual carriageway who come flying up behind you then slow down and loiter rather than overtake.

Also on dual carriageway, the one near us has loads of roundabouts all double laned, so urstly the dickheads in the outside lane overtaking everyone then turns left.

Likewise the dithery old fuckers who cling to the nearside and go all the way round to turn right.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk