Author Topic: Adverts you hate  (Read 194968 times)

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Adverts you hate
« Reply #1360 on: September 28, 2020, 06:34:00 pm »
To be honest that’s what their adverts are. At least you can tell who it’s for. All the other bank ones with talking heads from their staff get annoying after a while. And ultimately all the backs are stuffed in terms of being able to offer competitive rates so they might as well do something a bit different to their competitors (by using a lot of ideas used by other companies admittedly!).

It makes one yearn for the days of Howard Brown.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1361 on: September 28, 2020, 06:36:25 pm »
It makes one yearn for the days of Howard Brown.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1362 on: September 28, 2020, 06:41:15 pm »
:D

To be honest, I would have picked him ahead of Bubble and David Brent as well.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1363 on: October 1, 2020, 10:54:13 am »
The one with Michael Buerk trying to flog a 1/8th sovereign for £70 to halp the younger generations to be aware of currency such as shillings, hapennies etc that went out of circulation 50 years ago. I remember pre decimal and I don't give two shits about it, so why do my kids need to be arsed?

More living in the past bollocks.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1364 on: October 1, 2020, 02:48:58 pm »
I can't stand that Mr Kipling one where everyone is horrible to the young lad.

He has to rob a cake and give it to his sister before she gives him a smile.

Was sound in the run in to have a piano cover of “We’re gonna win the league” at every ad break though...

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1365 on: October 16, 2020, 09:32:45 am »
"This is an announcement from the London Mint Office" with a voice over similar to that announcing the air raid warning in "Two tribes".

Fuck off - You're selling crap quarter sovereign bling to cockney geezers not pronouncing defcon Three.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1366 on: October 16, 2020, 10:54:23 am »
"This is an announcement from the London Mint Office" with a voice over similar to that announcing the air raid warning in "Two tribes".

Fuck off - You're selling crap quarter sovereign bling to cockney geezers not pronouncing defcon Three.

Like the kids these days give a fuck about pre decimal coins and why exactly is a dead, useless and almost forgotten currency "important" to the younger generation? Only matters to the Brexit racists.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1367 on: October 16, 2020, 12:15:27 pm »
That On the Market one,halfwits sitting in a cafe singing about the house they've just missed out on.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1368 on: October 16, 2020, 03:57:07 pm »
Like the kids these days give a fuck about pre decimal coins and why exactly is a dead, useless and almost forgotten currency "important" to the younger generation? Only matters to the Brexit racists.

Forgotten currency? I'll have you know I paid my tailor's bill of 10 guineas for fancy weskits by means of sovereigns, thrupenny bits and farthings.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1369 on: October 16, 2020, 03:59:35 pm »
Forgotten currency? I'll have you know I paid my tailor's bill of 10 guineas for fancy weskits by means of sovereigns, thrupenny bits and farthings.

My Mum used to buy me toys off Bob Isherwoods Market stall in Kirkby market for half a crown. And I do like some nice thruppeny bits.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #1370 on: October 16, 2020, 04:01:04 pm »
Did you know that Sovereign coins are still legal tender?
The only thing is is that they are only worth a pound if you buy something with them.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1371 on: October 21, 2020, 05:07:43 pm »
Did you know that Sovereign coins are still legal tender?
The only thing is is that they are only worth a pound if you buy something with them.

Yeah but they look damn cool mounted in ring.  Couple on each finger if possible.

Why are Nationwide persisting with this ad campaign?   It must be working which worries me in itself   Absolutely horrendous.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1372 on: October 21, 2020, 05:11:30 pm »
See the "Get Ready for being fucked when we join the WTO care of the Tory c*nts and racists" adverts are on the telly now :no

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #1373 on: October 27, 2020, 07:44:18 pm »
Wouldn't it be nice if Sky changed their fucking adverts?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Jwils21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1374 on: November 2, 2020, 09:17:18 am »
Wouldn't it be nice if Sky changed their fucking adverts?

It’s in keeping with the way Sky over market everything. You watch Sky One for an hour and you’ll hear “wouldn’t it be nice” 5/6 times, see the same repeated adverts for their latest “Sky Original” 4/5 times and eventually you’ll realise that most of the pre-show voiceovers are repeated.

It strangely puts me off watching Sky Originals as they’re so heavily marketed. They just all seem to have a weird feel to them.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1375 on: November 4, 2020, 11:51:33 pm »
"Do you have a dry scalp?"  "I'm not flirting. it's a genuine question?". 

Instant hate.  :no

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #1376 on: November 5, 2020, 06:57:54 am »

:lmao

If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1377 on: November 5, 2020, 10:31:42 am »
McCain.  Sure I've done this one before so sorry.

Nice to know they approve of lesbians, disabled folk and mixed-race couples eating their crap oven chips.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1378 on: November 5, 2020, 11:01:21 am »

Nice to know they approve of lesbians, disabled folk and mixed-race couples eating their crap oven chips.

Equal opportunity crap oven chips, I'll have you know.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1379 on: November 5, 2020, 09:34:46 pm »

:-*

Agreed. I hated it the first time I saw it.  :no
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1380 on: November 5, 2020, 09:38:17 pm »

I think I saw that one the other day. I turned to Mrs. Spion and commented on how they managed to get just about every minority group in there.

That's fine, but I do cringe when they try far too hard to shoehorn people in like this, because it looks so contrived.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #1381 on: November 5, 2020, 10:03:54 pm »
I think I saw that one the other day. I turned to Mrs. Spion and commented on how they managed to get just about every minority group in there.

That's fine, but I do cringe when they try far too hard to shoehorn people in like this, because it looks so contrived.
Exactley.... remember when adverts were... erm, .... just adverts !
Then it was a couple, then with kids, then mixed race couple, then with kids.. disabled, gay lesbian..
just seen one with mixed race lesbian chucked in at the end  :butt    ... Politically Correct Brigade.. (Rant Over)
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1382 on: November 6, 2020, 09:45:30 am »

Aunt Bessie's Yorkshire Pud inspired roast dinner is cooked by a blind lady!

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1383 on: November 6, 2020, 12:36:48 pm »
Exactley.... remember when adverts were... erm, .... just adverts !
Then it was a couple, then with kids, then mixed race couple, then with kids.. disabled, gay lesbian..
just seen one with mixed race lesbian chucked in at the end  :butt    ... Politically Correct Brigade.. (Rant Over)

Wonder who will be the first to do the ultimate inclusive advert

A mixed-race, same sex couple, one able-bodied, one in a wheelchair.  Holding hands, one wearing a Utd shirt and the other in a LFC shirt :)

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1384 on: November 6, 2020, 10:13:14 pm »
Wonder who will be the first to do the ultimate inclusive advert

A mixed-race, same sex couple, one able-bodied, one in a wheelchair.  Holding hands, one wearing a Utd shirt and the other in a LFC shirt :)

A bank with a recent scandal in the news. Guaranteed.

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1385 on: November 8, 2020, 08:50:23 pm »
Sky VIPeeeeee

Dickheads

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #1386 on: November 23, 2020, 08:18:07 pm »
The Arla advert is doing my head in  :no
"It's not milk."
"It's not milk."
"It's not milk."
"It's not milk."
"It's milk that's been filtered longer"... Or some crap like that.
I'm usually shouting at the telly by this point so I don't hear the full advert  ;D

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1387 on: December 10, 2020, 05:12:16 pm »
It baffles me to this day how JustEat got Snoop Dogg to advertise them. They’ve got a new one out with him now.

Offline Jwils21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1388 on: December 10, 2020, 05:15:48 pm »
Not sure whether this is in the love or hate category, but Plenty’s Christmas advert is something else. They start off with an arl lady pulling tinsel from a cats arse, and continue through a beautifully disgusting Christmas Day with blood, sweat and sick. Top marks for the sheer ballsiness, just not great when you’re trying to have your tea.

In terms of Xmas adverts, Lidl’s shameless ripping into Aldi is a beautiful sight.

Online Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1389 on: December 10, 2020, 07:10:03 pm »
It baffles me to this day how JustEat got Snoop Dogg to advertise them. They’ve got a new one out with him now.

to be honest it's probably the best thing he's done in ages.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1390 on: December 10, 2020, 07:24:03 pm »
Not so much a hate but when I hear the eBay one it reminds me of "guardians of the galaxy" with that stupid tune!!

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #1391 on: December 10, 2020, 08:15:35 pm »
Capital One Credit Card advert traumatises my daughter - There's a lady on a bike who stops at a Ice Cream van , get's one and has a lick and then passes it back to the man who served her

You wouldn't think a 10 year old could get quite so upset by something like that  :)
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #1392 on: December 10, 2020, 08:17:17 pm »
The Arla advert is doing my head in  :no
"It's not milk."
"It's not milk."
"It's not milk."
"It's not milk."
"It's milk that's been filtered longer"... Or some crap like that.
I'm usually shouting at the telly by this point so I don't hear the full advert  ;D

The head office is a few minutes away from where we live if you need me to go and mention it to them
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1393 on: December 10, 2020, 08:57:22 pm »
Not sure whether this is in the love or hate category, but Plenty’s Christmas advert is something else. They start off with an arl lady pulling tinsel from a cats arse, and continue through a beautifully disgusting Christmas Day with blood, sweat and sick. Top marks for the sheer ballsiness, just not great when you’re trying to have your tea.

In terms of Xmas adverts, Lidl’s shameless ripping into Aldi is a beautiful sight.
Mrs. Spion was a bit upset at that one. She reckons they went too far when they stuck a fork into Kevin the Carrot.  :'(

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1394 on: December 10, 2020, 10:13:15 pm »

I think he's doing it for all their global brands so it isn't just a UK thing. Bet he's earning a few bob either way.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #1395 on: December 10, 2020, 10:18:15 pm »
I think he's doing it for all their global brands so it isn't just a UK thing. Bet he's earning a few bob either way.

They have a revenue of about 1B pounds a year too.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Jwils21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1396 on: December 10, 2020, 10:59:01 pm »
Mrs. Spion was a bit upset at that one. She reckons they went too far when they stuck a fork into Kevin the Carrot.  :'(

The subtle face on the carrot is genius, though.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #1397 on: December 10, 2020, 11:44:32 pm »
The head office is a few minutes away from where we live if you need me to go and mention it to them
I’d very much appreciate mate.
Just stand outside their main office building shouting “Feline Posterior Cavity said that it is fucking milk you bunch of inbred meffs!”
I’m sure that’ll get the message across and they’ll see the error of their ways   :thumbup

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1398 on: December 12, 2020, 05:41:55 pm »
Fucking HATE the Idris Elba Sky Cinema Christmas advert.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1399 on: December 12, 2020, 05:47:04 pm »
Fucking HATE the Idris Elba Sky Cinema Christmas advert.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates this one.  :(