The Liverpool FC Forum > The Boozer

Holidays - UK or abroad?

<< < (2/176) > >>

Elmo!:
Not really planning on any holidays this year. Got a wedding in Switzerland in August but I'm pretty sure it is going to be delayed for another year. MY cousin is determined it will be a normal wedding with no social distancing and masks etc so would prefer to delay.

Will probably have long weekends in Edingburgh/Glasgow to see fammily and friends I haven't seen in nover a year.

reddebs:
Where do you all go that's cheaper than the UK cos I've never found anything abroad that is?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Son of Spion:

--- Quote from: reddebs on January 27, 2021, 05:49:42 pm ---Where do you all go that's cheaper than the UK cos I've never found anything abroad that is?

--- End quote ---
I think the only places we've been that were worse value for money than the UK was Iceland and Barbados. Iceland is scandalously expensive. Both places are brilliant, but both are expensive.

Value for money in the UK is terrible, and definitely one reason why so many go abroad instead.

rob1966:

--- Quote from: reddebs on January 27, 2021, 05:49:42 pm ---Where do you all go that's cheaper than the UK cos I've never found anything abroad that is?

--- End quote ---

IF it goes ahead, we've got a week booked end of May in Lanzarote for the 4 of us, 990 including flights. We'll need about 1k for spends, but could do it cheaper if we need to. A weekend in the Lakes, in a lodge with a hot tub in August, has cost us around 600, the same last year was almost a grand, we swerved the hot tub but still paid over 600, a meal in a pub for the 4 of us cost almost 80 and wasn't that impressive. In the past I've managed to get flights to Tenerife for 250 for us and an apartment for 200 a week, so that was 2 weeks in January, temps in the mid 70's for under 700. Drinks were dirt cheap, plus we bought wine and beer from the local shop and I made meals some nights.

Expensive was Dubai for her 40th, 8 a pint, 35 for a bottle of wine.

CraigDS:

--- End quote ---

We had a 5* villa in Fuertaventura booked for mid-Feb for 2 weeks, own heated pool, hot tub on roof with pizza oven/BBQ, etc. for a tad over 100 a night. Flights were just over 200 each inc all baggage. A 5 min walk there is a massive supermarket which did amazing fresh food for a tiny fraction of the cost here, and in the centre we could eat out in really nice restaurants for less than somewhere shite like Frankie & Bennys over here.

There is no chance we'd get even remotely similar for that sort of price in the UK.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version