Author Topic: Hillsborough - Inquest Verdicts - Tuesday 26th April  (Read 169955 times)

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
Hillsborough - Inquest Verdicts - Tuesday 26th April
« on: April 15, 2016, 09:30:00 am »
Reds across the world have a series of emotional days ahead in the coming weeks.

The final memorial service at Anfield takes place this Friday. During the Memorial service all of our Boards, except Hillsborough Memorial Board, locked from 2:45pm-3:45pm. Our Hillsborough Memorial site banner will be displayed on RAWK.

The Inquests verdict will be due from the jury in the imminent future. We cannot prejudge the outcome, but we plan to do the following:

Verdict Day: All Boards, except Hillsborough Memorial Board, locked for the day. We will reinstate the original Hillsborough Forum that has been under wraps for the duration of the inquests. That Board will revert to it's original purpose - a place to share news, for discussion and for pursuing Justice for the 96. We will also display a new site banner relating to the outcome.

Other boards will reopen at our discretion over the subsequent period, dependent upon the outcome. In the event of a positive finding, then we will likely lock the boards from the morning until the evening to allow people time to read and take things in. If the outcome is unfavourable, we may lock things down for longer, overnight at the minimum, possibly longer to assess user feedback and the thoughts of the families and campaigners.

In all respects when posting, please consider the feelings of the families of the 96, and those fellow Reds who survived the Hillsborough Disaster. Please also consider that these boards, other sites and social media will be under scrutiny from individuals and agencies seeking to discredit Liverpool fans.

Follow RAWK on Twitter
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 01:29:51 pm by MichaelA »

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
Re: Hillsborough - Memorial Service & Inquest Verdicts
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 02:37:37 pm »

Offline MichaelA

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 02:45:40 pm »
Coverage now live from Anfield.

Offline MichaelA

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 12:33:29 pm »
The Inquests verdict will be due from the jury in the imminent future. We cannot prejudge the outcome, but we plan to do the following:

Verdict Day: All Boards, except Hillsborough Memorial Board, locked for the day. We will reinstate the original Hillsborough Forum that has been under wraps for the duration of the inquests. That Board will revert to it's original purpose - a place to share news, for discussion and for pursuing Justice for the 96. We will also display a new site banner relating to the outcome.

Other boards will reopen at our discretion over the subsequent period, dependent upon the outcome. In the event of a positive finding, then we will likely lock the boards from the morning until the evening to allow people time to read and take things in. If the outcome is unfavourable, we may lock things down for longer, overnight at the minimum, possibly longer to assess user feedback and the thoughts of the families and campaigners.

In all respects when posting, please consider the feelings of the families of the 96, and those fellow Reds who survived the Hillsborough Disaster. Please also consider that these boards, other sites and social media will be under scrutiny from individuals and agencies seeking to discredit Liverpool fans.

Follow RAWK on Twitter

Verdicts due tomorrow morning - the site will go read from around 10am. The Hillsborough Board will be available for new updates.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 01:30:23 pm by MichaelA »

Offline Reds Flag

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 01:12:27 pm »
BBC news article:

"Jurors have reached a majority decision on whether the 96 victims of the Hillsborough disaster were unlawfully killed.
The jury of six women and three men had been deliberating since 6 April after hearing evidence for two years.
The forewoman said at least seven of the nine jurors had reached agreement on the unlawful killing question in a 14-section questionnaire.
The conclusions will be formally returned at 11:00 BST on Tuesday.
The jury had already reached unanimous conclusions for 13 of the questions. Question six asked whether the 96 were unlawfully killed.
Coroner Sir John Goldring said on Monday he would accept a majority decision at the hearing in Warrington, Cheshire."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-36128693

A difficult wait until tomorrow for many, but we all hope that justice will be done.

Offline MichaelA

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 01:22:09 pm »
Any lawyers or journalists kicking about? We have a statement ready that needs a trained eye - specifically in relation to how verdict outcome can influence subsequent comment and reporting.

Please PM me :wave

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 01:25:45 pm »
It's going to be a long day and night. 
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
Re: Hillsborough - Inquest Verdicts - Tuesday 26th April
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 01:36:38 pm »
It's going to be a long day and night. 

It's been 27 years but today will still seem like a lifetime. I just hope we get the verdict we all want to see.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2016, 01:36:41 pm »
I can't quite believe we're actually here  :'(
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2016, 01:40:32 pm »
I can't begin to imagine what it's like right now to be a survivor or a loved one of the 96, after all of these years a verdict has been reached.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2016, 01:41:42 pm »
Goes without saying - exercise caution in what you say today/tomorrow morning. Nothing should stop that verdict being returned
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2016, 01:43:15 pm »
Feel completely overwhelmed - cannot even imagine how those with a more personal connection are feeling.

My thoughts are with you all in the build up to an incredibly tough day. Can only hope justice prevails.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline Andy G

• has just had sex. Possibly with Martin Tyler
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • They shot the wrong bloody Kennedy
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2016, 01:46:56 pm »
Is there any news as to whether there will e any live coverage on TV or stream?  I am sure the wonderful Eleanor Barlow will do a written live feed on the Echo website, but any other options for those not in Warrington?
Emancipate your selves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline XabiAlonsosBeard

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2016, 01:47:43 pm »
I didn't directly know anybody who died on that awful day. I was 11 at the time. Through the local grapevine, I heard of people from my local community who were there and who lost loved ones. As I grew older, as a teenager, I became friends with somebody who lost a second cousin. Recently, I began to work with a salt of the earth bloke who, having known him for a while, eventually revealed he was there, but only in the crush outside. He said he knew something was wrong and saw some things he still doesn't like to talk about.

I say all this because I kind of view Hillsborough, although as a Liverpool fan, still as an outsider looking in. And, despite that, my nerves are gone today. And will be until tomorrow when that verdict is given. If I, as an outsider of sorts, feels like this then I can't even begin to imagine what those who were there on that day and are still traumatised by what happened and those families who lost their children, partners, siblings etc feel like right now.

For them , I hope it's the right outcome.

On a side note, I'm at home today. No television or background noise as I type this. And for the first time ever I've noticed how loud the clock on my fire place is.

Tick, tock......tick, tock......tick, tock.....
Justice for the 96.

Loves a missed penalty!

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2016, 02:14:27 pm »
I am in bits - can't concentrate on anything right now

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2016, 02:16:27 pm »
Is there any news as to whether there will e any live coverage on TV or stream?  I am sure the wonderful Eleanor Barlow will do a written live feed on the Echo website, but any other options for those not in Warrington?

My presumption is all news sites will be there such as ITV, BBC etc so BBC News channel should cover. I'll post in here where we know. If possible, similiar to last time in 2012, a commentary thread

EDIT - just seen this on club site

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/218276-follow-lfctv-s-coverage-of-the-hillsborough-inquests-verdicts

"The Hillsborough inquests' verdicts will be returned on Tuesday and two days of dedicated programming will be available to watch on LFCTV and LFCTV GO, with no subscription required for either service."
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 02:23:27 pm by Harinder »
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Billy1561

• The egg-beating, Turbo Wrist-Action King. Conqueror of Mow cop otherwise known as The Cow Mopper! Too old for Google...too overloaded to byte.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scouse by birth. Red by choice.
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2016, 02:29:05 pm »
A great weight is about to be lifted i feel.
YNWA
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2016, 02:31:26 pm »
as a lawyer - I always have a sense of nerves before a verdict is returned.

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2016, 02:36:30 pm »
Pray to god this is the outcome the families and friends deserve

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2016, 02:44:31 pm »
A 27-year long story, full of sadness and subterfuge, and staunch ships that've kept sailing onward, is actually drawing to a close here. It's literally as long as I've been a supporter of Liverpool Football Club.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2016, 02:48:47 pm »
I am in bits - can't concentrate on anything right now

Thoughts are with you and all others affected. Can't say a lot more at this stage I guess. Fingers crossed.

Online Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2016, 02:50:13 pm »
A great weight is about to be lifted i feel.
YNWA
Hope to God you're right, I really do. Slight nagging concern that (if true) two of the 9 jurors had not reached agreement, so will not celebrate until the whole thing is over.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline MichaelA

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2016, 02:51:55 pm »

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2016, 02:55:23 pm »
Almost here.

Justice for the 96!

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2016, 02:59:45 pm »
It's finally over. The decision has been reached.

My thoughts are with everyone associated with this disaster, and I hope the coming days being a small amount of peace for the tireless work everyone has put in.

Offline Billy1561

• The egg-beating, Turbo Wrist-Action King. Conqueror of Mow cop otherwise known as The Cow Mopper! Too old for Google...too overloaded to byte.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scouse by birth. Red by choice.
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2016, 03:10:00 pm »
Hope to God you're right, I really do. Slight nagging concern that (if true) two of the 9 jurors had not reached agreement, so will not celebrate until the whole thing is over.
The coroner has said he will accept a verdict of 7·2 or 8·1 if the jurors can't agree.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 03:11:41 pm by Billy1561 »
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

Offline kopite77

• Legacy Fan
  • In Jurgen we trust!
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2016, 03:36:35 pm »
Tomorrow is my birthday, I really hope the families get the verdict that they deserve after 27 heartbreaking years, that really would be the best birthday present I could ever wish for. YNWA
HARRY HARRIS, MARK LAWRENSON, JOSE MOURIHNO,PETER KENYON, ROMAN ABRAMOVICH, ALAN HANSEN, YOU GUY'S TOOK ONE HELL OF A BEATING

AND Mr KENWRIGHT YOU CAN STICK YOUR FUCKING GROUNDSHARE UP YOUR ARSE!

Hicks and Gillett, Game Over, thanks for Fuck All Fuckfaces, Internet Terrorist and Proud!

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2016, 03:49:45 pm »
27 years...

A bitter waste of all those years seeking justice that should have happened there and then...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2016, 03:51:18 pm »
thought with everyone going through this
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2016, 04:08:44 pm »
Can't really believe we are nearly there.  27 years of lies, pain and hurt about to be hopefully resolved in a small but very significant way.

Thoughts with the families of the 96 and fellow survivors.

Justice Day is one sleep away.

JFT96
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline saoirse08

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • TRUTH. JUSTICE. ACCOUNTABILITY.
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2016, 04:12:28 pm »
Bloody hell, knew it was coming but felt butterflies in my stomach when I read the news that it was going to be tomorrow. Feeling very apprehensive today. God knows how the families are feelings.
“The socialism I believe in is everyone working for each other, everyone having a share of the rewards. It’s the way I see football, the way I see life.”

"The old is dying and the new cannot be born; in this interregnum a great variety of morbid symptoms appear."

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2016, 04:33:17 pm »
I just hope it gives the families and all those effected some kind of closure. It will never be enough of course.

Offline Easy

• Sunday Mornin Tiger
  • Kopite
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2016, 04:38:03 pm »
I just hope it gives the families and all those effected some kind of closure. It will never be enough of course.
That depends on the verdict. Here's hoping.

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2016, 04:40:47 pm »
Thoughts are with you and all others affected. Can't say a lot more at this stage I guess. Fingers crossed.

Thanks Nick

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2016, 04:43:25 pm »
Thoughts with everyone affected by this.

:(

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2016, 04:56:12 pm »
The freedom to be able to talk openly about this, to share stories, to have a release, will be invaluable for all those affected by this tragedy once the verdicts have been delivered. I can only hope for a positive outcome and a sense of closure for the families and those who bore witness to the events that happened, and that the 96 souls can finally rest in peace.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2016, 05:00:00 pm »
Please do not speculate on the Jury's decision. It will be announced tomorrow and then we can all comment.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2016, 05:38:39 pm »
For the 96, their families/loved ones and friends. 

For Liverpool Football Club, for supporters of Liverpool wherever you are and for the people of Merseyside / Scousers and indeed any person affected by this horrendous tragedy.

Hopefully tomorrow, finally, finally is the day of Justice.

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2016, 05:40:17 pm »
For the 96, their families/loved ones and friends. 

For Liverpool Football Club, for supporters of Liverpool wherever you are and for the people of Merseyside / Scousers and indeed any person affected by this horrendous tragedy.

Hopefully tomorrow, finally, finally is the day of Justice.

Echo these sentiments

Justice tomorrow
Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2016, 05:40:23 pm »
27 years...

A bitter waste of all those years seeking justice that should have happened there and then...

Totally Agree  tomorrow will not be a celebration for me but a period to reflect and give my utmost  respect to all the people who would not let the establishment  roll us over.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway