Author Topic: The small things in life that make you happy  (Read 607241 times)

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The small things in life that make you happy
« Reply #6480 on: January 21, 2022, 06:33:38 pm »
Yeah it's massive for her and us mate but to some it's such a small, normal event..

I know exactly what you mean;our son finding work and leaving home would be a miracle.

Yet for most people it's just what kids do when they grow up.

I hope everything works out for your daughter. :)

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6481 on: January 21, 2022, 06:37:05 pm »
I know exactly what you mean;our son finding work and leaving home would be a miracle.

Yet for most people it's just what kids do when they grow up.

I hope everything works out for your daughter. :)

Thanks 👍

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #6482 on: January 21, 2022, 07:00:42 pm »
When you hear that the Brighton cat killer died. Hope it was a painful exit.

The day before Russell Bishop, the Brighton child killer.

Offline RAWK Meltdown #1

• "Assume they got our phones, assume they got our houses, assume they got us, right here, right now as we sit, everything. Assume it all..."
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • " When You Have To Shoot..Shoot...don't TIKI-TAKA"
« Reply #6483 on: January 22, 2022, 01:44:59 am »
The big shop's done....

The car's got a full tank of petrol....

Spring is on the horizon....

Come on world, hit me with it...I'm not tappin out just yet!!
YNWA

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
« Reply #6484 on: January 22, 2022, 02:59:16 am »
I'm sorry

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9Ht5RZpzPqw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9Ht5RZpzPqw</a>

this makes me happy

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6485 on: January 24, 2022, 12:27:38 pm »
The plumber finally turning up to do our bathroom.

I'll probably spend the rest of this week in the 'hannoy' thread whining about the mess.

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6486 on: January 24, 2022, 03:15:26 pm »
Ham and mushroom omelette

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6487 on: January 24, 2022, 03:28:19 pm »
Home made soup made with left over roasted veg, herbs and a dash of tobasco ☺️

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6488 on: January 24, 2022, 03:56:30 pm »
Home made soup made with left over roasted veg, herbs and a dash of tobasco ☺️

Thought that said tobacco ha ha

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6489 on: January 24, 2022, 04:04:43 pm »
Thought that said tobacco ha ha

My predictive text wanted it to be tobacco 😂

Online Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #6490 on: January 26, 2022, 01:36:09 pm »
The Non Liverpool transfer thread , comedy gold
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6491 on: January 26, 2022, 02:42:02 pm »
The Non Liverpool transfer thread , even more comedy gold

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #6492 on: January 28, 2022, 12:21:19 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/games/2022/jan/28/broke-our-hearts-boy-with-autism-inspires-relaunch-of-popular-game

‘Broke our hearts’: autistic boy inspires relaunch of popular game

An eight-year-old boy has inspired a developer to relaunch a popular mobile game after it became defunct, leaving his father desperate to find a solution.

Jack, who was diagnosed with autism, became enamoured with the game Joe Danger – a motorbike-riding daredevil who takes players on a race across the desert – as a source of joy and a way to cope with stress.

However, updates to Apple’s iOS operating system rendered it defunct and prompted his father to write to the developer for help.

“Jack is 8 years old, about the sweetest kid on the planet, and has been diagnosed with autism,” the father wrote in a plea to Hello Games, more widely known as the makers of No Man’s Sky.

“Jack LOVES Joe. He loves everything about him. He has a collection of toy motorcycles that are his ‘Joe Dangers’; every motorcycle we see on the street is ‘Joe Danger’,” the letter continued.

“One of the things that has enabled Jack and I to bond is our shared love of video games, specifically Joe Danger,” the father says before recounting how one of the first things he hears every day when walking in the door after a day at work is: “Come on, Daddy, let’s go play Joe Danger!”

“Just being able to say that sentence is a MASSIVE deal for a child with autism,” the letter adds.

A secret shame of ours is that the success of No Man’s Sky left our first game Joe Danger unloved. Sadly since iOS culled older games it no longer worked on latest Apple devices 😭

This mail broke our hearts and made us want to set things right 💔 pic.twitter.com/Oz2yTjMUK5
    — Sean Murray (@NoMansSky) January 27, 2022

As well as a source of “endless hours of entertainment and joy”, the game has enabled his son to interact with friends and family, provided a coping mechanism and reward for getting through stressful situations and allowed Jack to “experience normal kid stuff”, his dad says.

His letter asks the developers if they can bring the game back online. “It would mean the world to at least one little boy.”

Company founder Sean Murray said the letter “broke our hearts and made us want to set things right”.

“As game devs [developers] it’s so easy to underestimate the impact even your smallest games can have,” he said in a Twitter thread where he shared the father’s letter online.

Murray said the team had undertaken a “hobby project” to bring the game back to life online, “slowly rebuilding it piece by piece through eight years of technology changes”.

“It blows my mind that something you make can be someone’s first game they played, hit at an important time or even be their favourite thing for a while.”

As game devs it's so easy to underestimate the impact even your smallest games can have. It blows my mind that something you make can be someone's first game they played, hit at an important time or even be their favorite thing for a while 🙏 pic.twitter.com/9coaI8C7ao
    — Sean Murray (@NoMansSky) January 27, 2022

The game, relaunched on iOS on Thursday, has been remastered with improved visuals, high frame rate, ProMotion and Gamepad support, according to the developers.

It was also the first game the team developed when “we were still four guys in a shed, trying to get noticed”, Murray said. “Joe helped us get a break and it’s also where we learned to make games … It’s sad that games slowly rot and many disappear.”

News of the relaunch has been welcomed by the gaming community, eager to download what some described as their “favourite mobile games of all time”.

Signing off his letter to the game’s founders, the father said: “As a parent, it’s hard to put into words the feeling I get seeing the pure joy on Jack’s face Joe Danger brings, knowing the other struggles he experiences everyday. But I can assure you, the feeling is a good one.”
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #6493 on: January 28, 2022, 01:11:17 pm »
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #6494 on: January 28, 2022, 06:44:34 pm »
Having a big argument with my wife over nothing much of anything and knowing it will be OK.

From someone twice divorced this is real progress.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #6495 on: January 29, 2022, 09:38:31 am »
Doing Karaoke and people coming over and saying how much they enjoyed you singing.

Been a bit of a shit old time for most of us and these little things really make you smile :)

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #6496 on: January 29, 2022, 12:25:10 pm »
I bought something online on Christmas Day, from the States. I have ordered things from there before and delivery is normally 7-10 days. Nearly a month had passed and the tracking info didn’t ever update to say it was dispatched, so I contacted them and after a bit of back and forth for a few days they admitted it was lost and asked if they could send out another one. At this stage it had become available in the UK so I asked for a refund instead, and it was processed within a day or two.

However, their investigation into where it was obviously triggered something and on 25th Jan the tracking site updated to say it was in Washington. The fun I have had following this package since then. I assumed it was going to be shipped back to where it was dispatched from but I woke up yesterday morning to say it had arrived at Heathrow! Honestly, it was such a thrill!

It was $30 so now when it arrives I will need to see how my conscience feels about holding onto it!

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6497 on: January 29, 2022, 01:36:55 pm »
I bought something online on Christmas Day, from the States. I have ordered things from there before and delivery is normally 7-10 days. Nearly a month had passed and the tracking info didn’t ever update to say it was dispatched, so I contacted them and after a bit of back and forth for a few days they admitted it was lost and asked if they could send out another one. At this stage it had become available in the UK so I asked for a refund instead, and it was processed within a day or two.

However, their investigation into where it was obviously triggered something and on 25th Jan the tracking site updated to say it was in Washington. The fun I have had following this package since then. I assumed it was going to be shipped back to where it was dispatched from but I woke up yesterday morning to say it had arrived at Heathrow! Honestly, it was such a thrill!

It was $30 so now when it arrives I will need to see how my conscience feels about holding onto it!

If it's a company you use a lot, I'd personally get in touch, tell them its arrived and ask what they want you to do. They might have already claimed against the courier and had compensation.

I did once order a fairing from the states for my bike, New Old Stock and they sent the wrong one. I got a refund and was supposed to send it back, but the replacement arrived and it was damaged, so I got a refund on that and kept both. The damaged one is actually on my bike now :D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #6498 on: January 30, 2022, 09:19:01 pm »
Hearing about the non league kid who turned down Spurs. Hilarious.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #6499 on: January 31, 2022, 12:04:49 pm »
Finally got a big bookcase in the lounge. Going through all my books, putting them into categories/order, then filling it has been an unexpected treat. About half have to go back into boxes in the loft; I'd not realised just how many books I have.
« Last Edit: February 4, 2022, 03:05:22 pm by Nobby Reserve »
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6500 on: February 4, 2022, 12:27:46 pm »
Watching the robins, bluetits and blackbirds fighting over some fatballs I made yesterday.

So far the pheasants haven't found it so the little ones are having a feast 🤗

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6501 on: February 4, 2022, 01:29:18 pm »
My grandson's being allowed home today. 

He's still not fully recovered but he's more like his old self and managing to keep food down.

More blood tests next Thursday and they've to take him back in if he gets bad again but thankfully all seems ok.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #6502 on: February 4, 2022, 01:32:24 pm »

He's still not fully recovered but he's more like his old self and managing to keep food down.

More blood tests next Thursday and they've to take him back in if he gets bad again but thankfully all seems ok.

Great news about your grandson... and the birdy birds... :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6503 on: February 4, 2022, 02:53:27 pm »

Nice one, hope he's fully back to normal asap.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #6504 on: February 4, 2022, 06:22:07 pm »

That's great news, Debs.  :)

It must be a great relief for you all. Hopefully the little guy makes a full recovery now.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6505 on: February 5, 2022, 12:03:24 am »
Friday night football 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6506 on: February 5, 2022, 11:55:10 am »
Getting 6 slices of bacon in a 5 pack. Nothing can ruin my day now

12 slices in a 10 pack this morning. Get the fuck in
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6507 on: February 5, 2022, 12:14:05 pm »
12 slices in a 10 pack this morning. Get the fuck in

Some would call you a wierdo for remembering posting that over half a year ago  ;D

However, I still remember the joy of finding two extra bread rolls in a pack!
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #6508 on: February 5, 2022, 12:20:53 pm »
Some would call you a wierdo for remembering posting that over half a year ago  ;D

However, I still remember the joy of finding two extra bread rolls in a pack!

Plus, Barney's was bacon and all...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6509 on: February 5, 2022, 01:52:20 pm »

Not a small thing Debs, must’ve been a worry and hope all goes well with tests.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #6510 on: February 5, 2022, 05:57:33 pm »

good good
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #6511 on: February 5, 2022, 05:58:39 pm »
Love being an uncle

5 nieces, 2 grand nephews and a grand niece.

Just heard I'm going to be a grand uncle again in August.

Super happy
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6512 on: February 8, 2022, 09:57:25 am »

He's back in hospital 😔

He hasn't really been any better since getting home last Friday but they've kept hoping that with time he'd start to improve.

They still can't get his temps under control, he's barely eating and sleeping pretty much all the time so the docs have said to take him back in again.

At least she's a bit more prepared that he'll be staying in this time.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6513 on: February 8, 2022, 10:00:49 am »
He's back in hospital 😔

He hasn't really been any better since getting home last Friday but they've kept hoping that with time he'd start to improve.

They still can't get his temps under control, he's barely eating and sleeping pretty much all the time so the docs have said to take him back in again.

Ah that's shit that Debs, hopefully they will get to the bottom of it quickly and get the little lad sorted ASAP.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6514 on: February 8, 2022, 10:06:37 am »
Ah that's shit that Debs, hopefully they will get to the bottom of it quickly and get the little lad sorted ASAP.

Thanks Rob

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6515 on: February 8, 2022, 10:17:36 am »
He's back in hospital 😔

Sorry to read that Debs, hope he starts to feel better soon.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #6516 on: February 8, 2022, 10:46:14 am »
He's back in hospital 😔

Ah, the poor little fella  :(
Hope they get it diagnosed and sorted as soon as possible Debs.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6517 on: February 8, 2022, 08:32:46 pm »
Well he's back home again and is driving my daughter nuts so he's clearly on the mend now thank god 😂

Thanks once again for all the support everyone it's very much appreciated ☺️

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6518 on: February 8, 2022, 08:56:42 pm »
Well he's back home again and is driving my daughter nuts so he's clearly on the mend now thank god 😂

Thanks once again for all the support everyone it's very much appreciated ☺️

Glad to hear it Debs! Sorry I hadn't sent any message before.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6519 on: February 8, 2022, 09:00:08 pm »
Glad to hear it Debs! Sorry I hadn't sent any message before.

Thanks mate 👍