The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool Life

Lost Scouse Lingo

(1/321) > >>

Dewey Finn:
Always been good at coming up with words we have. Far too much scouse vocabulary has been lost. I could list loads as we all could, especially us arl arses, but I’ll just mention one easy one to start off with and pass it over. This isn’t a game by the way, just be interested to see how long it takes for someone to guess what a ‘swead’ is.  Post whatever lost scouse words you's want with or without explanation.

Could be spelled other ways but refers to the same thing and it isn’t a vegetable. What is it in scouse and what good scouse words have you’s got that we should rejuvenate?

ollick:
Head?

eAyeAddio:

--- Quote from: Dewey Finn on July  8, 2011, 10:21:28 am ---......  be interested to see how long it takes for someone to guess what a ‘swead’ is....
--- End quote ---

A well-known website gives the following description of a "swead" and I have to admit that it fits to a tee every scouser (including me) that I have ever known......

"Swead" is a curious little monster who inevitably always gets into trouble. His emotions often get the best of him as he has great difficulty in controlling them. He lives his life in a constant turmoil of confusion, curiosity, greed and anger.... "

only6times:

--- Quote from: eAyeAddio on July  8, 2011, 02:21:44 pm ---A well-known website gives the following description of a "swead" and I have to admit that it fits to a tee every scouser (including me) that I have ever known......

"Swead" is a curious little monster who inevitably always gets into trouble. His emotions often get the best of him as he has great difficulty in controlling them. He lives his life in a constant turmoil of confusion, curiosity, greed and anger.... "

--- End quote ---
That's an Evertonian.

Breitner:
Swede, bonce

Burst, as in "I'll friggin berst ye"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version