Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2059269 times)

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #12560 on: January 29, 2020, 10:43:04 am »
Just thinking out loud here so could be a shit idea, but what do people think about this to reward loyalty in the ballot?

Every match that you enter the ballot for, you get 1 extra entry per credit from the previous season. So someone on 12 will have 12 extra entries per match, while a new member with 0 credits will only get 1 entry.

Not totally against that

Always thought it was a bit shit that I had 12 last season yet was thrown in with those on 0 for this season for the non 4+ games

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #12561 on: January 29, 2020, 10:47:15 am »
Just thinking out loud here so could be a shit idea, but what do people think about this to reward loyalty in the ballot?

Every match that you enter the ballot for, you get 1 extra entry per credit from the previous season. So someone on 12 will have 12 extra entries per match, while a new member with 0 credits will only get 1 entry.

Could be a good idea.

How would it work the season after though as you’d sort of be rewarding people for getting lucky in the ballot.

Offline MakeUsDreamLFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12562 on: January 29, 2020, 10:48:36 am »
Don't really think punishing people will be in anyone's interest.

Hang on, don't you need 4+ to enter for all games anyway? so it's not everyone, the free for all is only a handful.

If you are between 0 and 3 credits, you can apply for 13 games per season. So if there is no cost/commitment associated to entering a ballot, you will just enter it regardless for every single one of those games and the chance of a random member being successful will be 5% - 100K members for 5K tickets. Whereas, if you are pre-charged the ticket cost, the applicants will probably be around 50 thousand for each of those games on average, I would think.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 10:57:21 am by MakeUsDreamLFC »

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #12563 on: January 29, 2020, 10:53:41 am »
Could be a good idea.

How would it work the season after though as you’d sort of be rewarding people for getting lucky in the ballot.

Hmm that's a good point. I don't think the club are bothered about how people got the credit, so you'd probably have to accept that people who get lucky in the ballot will be rewarded the next season. But at least this would still reward those who put in the effort playing the F5 game as well

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #12564 on: January 29, 2020, 10:55:11 am »

United do something like this for their Euro away ballots I think - one point for applying but unsuccessful, two points for successful application. You have to take the ticket or you lose the credits.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12565 on: January 29, 2020, 11:00:46 am »
No, 4+ is the other big 6 clubs, Everton and final game, everything else is free for all

I've just looked up what's in each one, I don't use them cos I like the thrill of locals and LA.

If you are between 0 and 3, you can apply for 13 games per season. So if there is no cost/commitment associated to entering a ballot, you will just enter it regardless for every single one of those games and the chance of a random member being successful will be 5% - 100K members for 5K tickets. Whereas, if you are pre-charged the ticket cost, the applicants will probably be around 50 thousand for each of those games on average, I would think.

You could go the way FIFA do it and if you apply for 5 tickets, you buy 5 tickets or you bugger off ;D

Offline MakeUsDreamLFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12566 on: January 29, 2020, 11:06:38 am »
The Club want to get more day trippers, but it's not fair for new members to be on equal ground with those who have built loyalty for years.
I think it's fair to everyone if they do a ballot for 500 tickets for each game (without the big 6) and this ballot to be open to members with 0 or 1 credit from previous season only. Thus those that were unlucky in previous bulk sales, are given a fair chance. The new members who have jumped on the bandwagon, because team is world class, will also have their chance - but it won't be at the expense of the others (so much). The other 9500 tickets to be sold as they are doing now, and you need to have at least 2 credits to be eligible for any game, 4 credits for big 6.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12567 on: January 29, 2020, 11:08:56 am »
United do something like this for their Euro away ballots I think - one point for applying but unsuccessful, two points for successful application. You have to take the ticket or you lose the credits.

They also force everyone to collect all away tickets to the person who owns the season ticket only.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12568 on: January 29, 2020, 12:33:18 pm »

I actually think the better answer (if it can be done from a tech point of view) is to introduce a pre log-in for the bulk sale to do away with the multiple browsers that most of us use which is the single biggest contributor to the bulk sale being overloaded and also to weed out people who don't satisfy the criteria. You'd still need to log in at the right time and be next to your screen while you wait, and you still need to be agile once you get in. They should also include your queue position on the waiting screen rather than the current situation where (so it seems) it doesn't actually work as a queue with people joining the queue later and somehow having a shorter wait time.

Alternatively I'm happy to vote to retain the status quo if anyone wants to PM me with the magic tricks they employ to get onto the ticketing site every time   ;)

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #12569 on: January 29, 2020, 12:42:46 pm »
Not totally against that

Always thought it was a bit shit that I had 12 last season yet was thrown in with those on 0 for this season for the non 4+ games
Yeah going from 11 to 2 has been a bit shite.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline FTH

• Main Stander
« Reply #12570 on: January 29, 2020, 12:51:25 pm »
Zero chance of it going down, there's way more than the original 5000 with 13 credits now, as shown woth what was left over after the first sale, plus some being buying hospo and selling on to get to 13 too
The club keep telling the supporters forum the number is 5000? PDs expectation was the limit will go down not up

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12571 on: January 29, 2020, 01:00:29 pm »
The club keep telling the supporters forum the number is 5000? PDs expectation was the limit will go down not up

It's definitely not 5000.

Us regulars can see the difference in tickets left after the guaranteed sale to what they were.

That's why most are (or were before the fan update) convinced that the threshold was going up from 13 next season
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 01:02:19 pm by scouser102002 »

Offline lukeypool

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12572 on: January 29, 2020, 01:14:00 pm »
Any Southampton drops over the past 2 days??

Offline benitezexpletives

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12573 on: January 29, 2020, 01:16:31 pm »
Any Southampton drops over the past 2 days??
nothing

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12574 on: January 29, 2020, 02:00:03 pm »

May well have been 5000 in the past but there's no way it's that now.

Getting servers etc able to handle the traffic it gets, pre login, 1 browser allowed per login, would all help. Any arguments are futile anyway as this survey is just lip service from the club as it's almost certain that this what they're going to do anyway

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #12575 on: January 29, 2020, 02:04:40 pm »
By the time they get round to making all these changes we will be shite again and it will easy to get tickets again ;-)

In all seriousness the ticket system has been broken for years and whatever they do will piss off a lot of people.

It is hard to see what fair is. Especially if you are on the outside looking in like a lot of younger fans will be.

I was lucky as a kid as my dad took me a lot and then you learn and know how to go about getting tickets. But how about kids who arent taken to the game (for whatever reason) who then grow up and wanna go the game and it's a closed shop?
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #12576 on: January 29, 2020, 02:07:15 pm »
Not sure if this is possible or been suggested before.

Before the bulk sales all members have to apply for a log in. 1 per membership. Say do this over a week or 2 weeks

Then on the bulk sale dates you have to log in first with the detail before it let's you in to the queue page?

Might not stop a load of traffic going to the queue page but would stop multiple browsers as 1 code per membership
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline an tha

• RAWK's Serious Voice Of Reason And Logic. We'd all be lost without him, lost, I tell you! Mathematically-speaking, not banned yet......
  • Kopite
  • Talking about The Reds an tha....
« Reply #12577 on: January 29, 2020, 02:21:45 pm »
Hmm that's a good point. I don't think the club are bothered about how people got the credit, so you'd probably have to accept that people who get lucky in the ballot will be rewarded the next season. But at least this would still reward those who put in the effort playing the F5 game as well

"The F5 game" isn't a level playing field though is it as most people simply can't play it.

The system needs sorting so it isn't necessary anyway - I am sure most of those who can do it do not enjoy it and could find better things to do with the time - the fact people have to go to such a ridiculous extreme to get tickets is a big problem that needs sorting.

That and the multiple browsers issue really need fixing before anything else can be introduced that will actually work.

It is a bit like me being a fat bastard and deciding to go running and go the gym....all well and good but if i continue to drink 50 pints of lager a week and have a fry up for breakfast, dinner and tea everyday then my new exercise regime is not going to be effective or as effective as it should be.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 02:25:50 pm by an tha »

Offline devilfysh

• Main Stander
« Reply #12578 on: January 29, 2020, 02:27:33 pm »
Stop selling hospitality all over the ground for a start would help.  Bigger stadium didn't help one bit from 2016, seems to be far less general admission tickets now then there was before the stand was built.  Love to know the real breakdown of ticket allocations, used to say 27k season tickets didn't they few years back.  They added a couple of thousand to that in 2016.

I bet these figures aren't that far off

29,000 Season Tickets
10,000 Members
2,000 Club tickets (Ex players, staff, officials etc)
3,000 Away Fans

Leaving 10,000 Hospitality? 1 in 5 tickets? Wow

Offline FTH

• Main Stander
« Reply #12579 on: January 29, 2020, 02:43:24 pm »
It's definitely not 5000.

Us regulars can see the difference in tickets left after the guaranteed sale to what they were.

That's why most are (or were before the fan update) convinced that the threshold was going up from 13 next season
I've just looked at my notes again, the update they gave us in November said 53% had completed Fan Update so far (circa 2.4k). Fuck knows.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 03:34:21 pm by FTH »

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12580 on: January 29, 2020, 02:44:05 pm »
Might be a daft question do you need to be a member to get hospitality tickets ?

I know you need deep pockets for the prices they charge but its clear the demand is there.

I think the loyal fans should have first dibs on tickets and especially the category A games I know it will push the likes of me to the back of the queue but thats life !

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12581 on: January 29, 2020, 03:01:18 pm »
Stop selling hospitality all over the ground for a start would help.  Bigger stadium didn't help one bit from 2016, seems to be far less general admission tickets now then there was before the stand was built.  Love to know the real breakdown of ticket allocations, used to say 27k season tickets didn't they few years back.  They added a couple of thousand to that in 2016.

29,000 Season Tickets
10,000 Members
3,000 Away Fans

There are a lot of hospitality but the main stand expansion was done on the back of being able to add more (and frankly better) hospitality to pay for the bloody thing. When we're playing like this we could have wembley on steroids and it wouldn't be enough.

Online Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #12582 on: January 29, 2020, 03:17:47 pm »

29,000 Season Tickets
10,000 Members
3,000 Away Fans

Have the club ever been challenged by the fan groups to provide firm numbers against the different groups listed above?
It seems strange that no real firm numbers around actual tickets being put back in to the pot from the fan update process for members has been communicated. The explanation around the Thomas Cook tickets wasn't very clear either. The numbers of tickets were also surprising.
It seems there is confusion around how many people are on 13+ and no one seems to know how many actual hospitality seats are sold in the stands (not boxes) either.

I know they did produce some numbers a few years ago that were put on the website, but this didn't last long and wasn't very detailed from what I remember.

These figures must be easily accessible and the lack of disclosure of them is baffling, unless they don't make good reading for the club.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12583 on: January 29, 2020, 03:20:29 pm »
Have the club ever been challenged by the fan groups to provide firm numbers against the different groups listed above?
It seems strange that no real firm numbers around actual tickets being put back in to the pot from the fan update process for members has been communicated. The explanation around the Thomas Cook tickets wasn't very clear either. The numbers of tickets were also surprising.
It seems there is confusion around how many people are on 13+ and no one seems to know how many actual hospitality seats are sold in the stands (not boxes) either.

I know they did produce some numbers a few years ago that were put on the website, but this didn't last long and wasn't very detailed from what I remember.

These figures must be easily accessible and the lack of disclosure of them is baffling, unless they don't make good reading for the club.

Most of the single game hospitality options are for Anny Road and Main Stand, a few for Kenny. Not seen any for the Kop.  I think the seasonal hospo is Main and Kenny.

Offline FTH

• Main Stander
« Reply #12584 on: January 29, 2020, 03:32:59 pm »

No, SOS and the SF have both been asking for this for years, get told yes and then nothing happens. It won't happen for obvious reasons as people will shit their pants at the contractual obligations.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12585 on: January 29, 2020, 03:37:46 pm »

The planned actions from those fan forum meetings was that they were going to be far more transparent with these numbers

Well they haven't kept to their word so far

Offline REDMEN98

• Main Stander
« Reply #12586 on: January 29, 2020, 04:31:18 pm »
Tomorrow and Friday going to be tough for getting tickets for the Southampton match due to a Members sale for Shrewsbury from 1 pm and local sale on Friday morning wish they have a separate system not having to queue up with them sales. No tickets for Southampton since Monday morning.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 04:33:01 pm by REDMEN98 »

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12587 on: January 29, 2020, 04:41:08 pm »
Tomorrow and Friday going to be tough for getting tickets for the Southampton match due to a Members sale for Shrewsbury from 1 pm and local sale on Friday morning wish they have a separate system not having to queue up with them sales. No tickets for Southampton since Monday morning.

I'd guess tomorrow morning & Friday after the local sale is going to be your time!

Offline REDMEN98

• Main Stander
« Reply #12588 on: January 29, 2020, 04:48:12 pm »
I'd guess tomorrow morning & Friday after the local sale is going to be your time!

hopefully I can pick up a pair of tickets

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #12589 on: January 29, 2020, 07:58:40 pm »
Would rather take my own chances than have a ballot to be honest. How would they allocate what stand/seats you got from it? Feels like going back to the days of a random postal application!
The way I've read it from the wording of ballot being conducted in advance of a sale suggest you will basically get a "credit" in your purchase history that allows you to buy the ticket, and then you will no doubt be stuck in a queue with people without said credit basketing the best seats and unable to buy
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #12590 on: January 29, 2020, 10:07:09 pm »

The way I've read it from the wording of ballot being conducted in advance of a sale suggest you will basically get a "credit" in your purchase history that allows you to buy the ticket, and then you will no doubt be stuck in a queue with people without said credit basketing the best seats and unable to buy

It would be pretty ironic but not unsurprising if our TO came up with a system like that! ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #12591 on: January 30, 2020, 03:54:48 am »
I can see the benefit of a pre-login page but what about people buying for others?  It's not practical for everyone to log on for one ticket
We are a team of one half.

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Kopite
« Reply #12592 on: January 30, 2020, 08:59:18 am »
I can see the benefit of a pre-login page but what about people buying for others?  It's not practical for everyone to log on for one ticket
You can have 4 friends and family members on your account

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12593 on: January 30, 2020, 09:17:53 am »
You can have 4 friends and family members on your account

I think the point they are getting at is if they don't have the criteria they cannot log in themselves to sort out tickets for you.

Probably wont matter with mates you trust and family but still shouldn't be giving log in details to other people.

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #12594 on: January 30, 2020, 09:19:10 am »
Thinking about this more. Is the logging in and hoping for a small queue time a de facto ballot anyway?
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12595 on: January 30, 2020, 10:17:36 am »
Thinking about this more. Is the logging in and hoping for a small queue time a de facto ballot anyway?

Essentially yes. But you open up the "ballot" to a day-to-week window and you'll have a lot more competition and speculative entries from opportunists.
YNWA.

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #12596 on: January 30, 2020, 10:22:13 am »

I mentioned this as one point, can't remember if its on this post or another. But club seem to think they operate a 1st come 1st served system. I can't see how they do myself.

And not to mention; Even if you are in before someone who then enters 30 minutes later - theirs no guaranteed you'll be served first with the ticket as it doesn't work like that on the site.

Or even when they let a hundred people on for 50 tickets. There is no order to the 100 they let on to the site simultaneous, it doesn't take into account the queue order. So if you where 1 in the queue or 99 in the queue, the person who was 99 could essentially get the ticket and you might not.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 10:25:35 am by RebeccaLFC »

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12597 on: January 30, 2020, 10:35:26 am »

Not to mention that if one person has 50 browser windows open and you only have one, they effectively have 50 entries to the bulk sale and you have one. Which is why the current situation has forced people to play the browser game despite the club's official position being that people should not use multiple browsers and that it doesn't improve your chances (yeah right).

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12598 on: January 30, 2020, 11:10:37 am »
The club have demonstrated multiple times that they dont have a clue how their own ticket website works

Offline Mr.Savage

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12599 on: January 30, 2020, 11:25:15 am »
The club have demonstrated multiple times that they dont have a clue how their own ticket website works

Lady on the phone Monday told me the visa verified issue occurred as someone had already bought my ticket  :butt