Author Topic: You have to take your hat off to Arsene Wenger...  (Read 33125 times)

Offline shoelesswonder

• Anny Roader
  • JFT 96
Buy the ticket, take the ride

Offline mulfella

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hedgehogs are boss
Re: You have to take your hat off to Arsene Wenger...
« Reply #121 on: March 8, 2007, 04:46:15 pm »
A place full of grammer Nazi's?
'Grammar' and no apostrophe in 'nazis'.

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #122 on: March 8, 2007, 05:38:55 pm »

He looks like Charles Charlie Charles
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
  • Super Title: Keep off the Grass!
« Reply #123 on: March 9, 2007, 12:11:36 pm »
Quote from: arsenal news review
Arsenal News Review
Wenger 0 Koeman 2

By Myles Palmer

PSV Eindhoven are the worst team in the last eight.

I said Farfan was average but he is not that good.

But despite the paucity of the opposition, Arsenal could only draw 1-1 with PSV at the Emirates tonight.

After not beating Koeman's Ajax in 2003, Arsene could not beat Koeman's PSV in 2007.

They could not beat an average Ajax or an average PSV.

They got one goal, an o.g. by Alex from Denilson's whipped  corner in 57 minutes, but they could not get a second because they weren't good enough.

Thierry and Freddie weren't good enough because they're too old.

Baptista and Adebayor weren't good enough because the ball bounces off them seven feet away.

Walcott isn't good enough because he's too young.

Lehmann made a big mistake on the Alex header. He came, he stopped, he fell on his nose. Pathetic goalkeeping !

Hleb made a mistake wrestling the man over by the corner flag to give Cocu a free-kick in a dangerous position.

Arsenal should have defended that like a corner, since the foul was in the quadrant, with men on each post.

I'm afraid Arsene's delusional. He has delusions of adequacy. He thinks his squad is far better than it is. Without the injured Rosicky and van Persie, the team lacked dynamism and goal threat. It needed Diaby's power.

I'll never know why he didn't start Diaby. Instead Arsene told us that Freddie loves March, when the big games come round ! Face the truth, Arsene : Freddie is past it. Freddie is over the hill. Freddie's been living on borrowed time for two years.

And ask yourself why you gave a new £20 million contract to an ageing crock who has lost his pace. You could have bought two proper strikers for £20 million instead of paying it to a narcissistic ballerina who is well past his sell-by date.

What a rubbish game, what a horrible, boring night ! Beaten 2-1 on aggregate by an average team from Eindhoven.

But if your squad is only top 16, you won't qualify for the last eight. Tonight was an accident waiting to happen. We've waited eight months to see this accident happen, so it's been the longest slow-motion car crash in football history. The team that couldn't score kept stuttering along, month after month, and then the wheels came off.
Well, I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something going on upstairs

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #124 on: March 9, 2007, 01:09:06 pm »
I'd rather eat my hat than take hat off to him. For all their pretty football, the guy doesn't have any blood or guts players. They don't have any do or die players. That's why they haven't won anything this season. Damn shame.
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline GoonerD

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #125 on: March 9, 2007, 01:27:37 pm »
I'd rather eat my hat than take hat off to him. For all their pretty football, the guy doesn't have any blood or guts players. They don't have any do or die players. That's why they haven't won anything this season. Damn shame.

Well I guess you got the best draw then . Liverpool vs. PSV is bound to be one of the most boring encounters in CL history.  I reckon the first leg will be 0-0 and the second on 1-0 to one of the teams by a goal in the 85th minute or so.  Game over for the other team then.

Maybe Koeman will provide Benitez with a good taste of his own medicine... ;)

Anyway, on a serious note. Good luck to you.  I still have a soft spot for LFC, although not really for the way you play football, but for the fantastic fans and atmosphere at the kop.  You tought Barca a good lesson and deserved to go through.

We on the other hand, deserved to get kicked out after being unable to score in both legs.

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art
« Reply #126 on: March 9, 2007, 01:34:17 pm »
I'd take my hat off to him.

If underneath, it contained a healthy amount of angry garlic-loving wasps. :D

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #127 on: March 9, 2007, 01:35:37 pm »
Well I guess you got the best draw then . Liverpool vs. PSV is bound to be one of the most boring encounters in CL history.  I reckon the first leg will be 0-0 and the second on 1-0 to one of the teams by a goal in the 85th minute or so.  Game over for the other team then.

Maybe Koeman will provide Benitez with a good taste of his own medicine... ;)

Anyway, on a serious note. Good luck to you.  I still have a soft spot for LFC, although not really for the way you play football, but for the fantastic fans and atmosphere at the kop.  You tought Barca a good lesson and deserved to go through.

We on the other hand, deserved to get kicked out after being unable to score in both legs.

Try watching our first half against Barca mate, we played footy as good as anyone else has done this season. You know, the same Barca side who you scored against then played 10 men behind the ball against in the final last year.

I am getting sick of people going on and on and on about Arsenal's pretty football. Newsflash, they don't play superb football every single game. In fact they occasionally play blinding footy, like against us at the Emirates, or away at Reading, and the rest of the time they play football which is still better than most teams in the league, but far from spectacular.

Give me an inch perfect 40 yard sweeping pass from Xabi anyday over 2 or 3 triangles to go the same distance. Bottom line is we play a more mixed style, which helps because we can vary in our approach. Arsenal have one way of playing, and that is what you have to stop. That is why they are out of europe.

Arsenal fans - an arrogant bunch. Even when you try to give another side a little praise you still have to say "but you don't play footy as good as us", or "but you are still boring" or something tot hat effect.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2007, 01:38:12 pm by Tom_B »
We're on our way to glory...

Offline Peeker

• Blames Rafa for fucking up Johnson deal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Simply Magnificent
« Reply #128 on: March 9, 2007, 01:57:07 pm »
Totally agree mate. Anyway, i hope the Arsenal will enjoy watching us knock out PSV in the quarters....and be happy in the knowledge in even Tottenham lasted longer in Europe than they did!!

You simply cannot play the expansive football than Arsenal play and expect to win the Champions League. Yeah they got to the final last year, but Barcelona were always going to win that. They are too clever and too fucking cocky for their own good.

So they play better football than us...so what? Not really sure what that means to be honest. I thought football was about winning trophies. They have never won the Champions league and never will imo and are further away than us when it goes to winning the league again.

I honestly believe that Wenger has a massive clearing out job to do in the summer.

Offline Benitez

• Legacy Fan
  • Nunca caminarás sólo
« Reply #129 on: March 9, 2007, 02:05:49 pm »

Maybe Koeman will provide Benitez with a good taste of his own medicine... )

So you expect us to play the exact same way you did when you got to the final last year then? ;)

Anyway, thanks for the wishes!
"Stay humble. Work harder than the other team every game, and work harder in practice. Take nothing for granted, especially on a day like today. How could you? It’s a gift to be playing in this league, a gift to walk the planet. So you know what, leave it on the ice every single night and let the results take care of themselves"

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #130 on: March 9, 2007, 06:11:15 pm »
Well I guess you got the best draw then . Liverpool vs. PSV is bound to be one of the most boring encounters in CL history. 

Just like Liverpool v AC Milan was supposed to be one of the most boring CL finals in history then?

Offline sabbathfan

• Every Day I Like Sunday
  • Legacy Fan
  • Why So Serious?
« Reply #131 on: March 9, 2007, 06:50:17 pm »
Typical bloody arsenal fan (or arsen-holes as i like to call them)

So many times this year I have heard the phrases "beautiful football" or "total football" or "spectacular football" used to describe Arsenal. Even from some partially respected football pundits. But lets be honest. Do Arsen-holes leave the Emirates Stadium feeling enlightened or satisfied by the performance their team has given? No. They leave saying "all the possession, all the chances, why couldn't we score a goal?" It's simple. Every time your player has the ball in a position from which he could reasonably expected to shoot and perhaps even score and he instead chooses to turn around on the ball a few times before playing a little passing triangle and moving the play horizontally across the pitch that gives the opposition defence more time to position themselves and maybe even get an interception. If Arsenal stopped trying to pass the ball into the net and tried shooting it in, they might get somewhere. But thank god Arsene's head is too concrete for that abstract concept to penetrate.
Meanwhile, as Arsen-holes are leaving the Emirates in their thousands as soon as Alex scores, Kopites are staying behind after Man Utd rob us of a deserved win - or at least draw - and make sure the players know that they will never walk alone

So, until Arsenal start beating the teams when it matters (Carling Cup Final's; FA Cup Fifth Round Replays; Champions League First Knock-Out Round fixtures; etc) and the fans start supporting them the way fans should shut the fuck up and stop criticising other teams for doing well. For me, Xabi Alonso plays much more beautiful football than Cesc Fuck-bregas any day of the week. He makes the most inch perfect passes. Scores some really special goals. He's a visionary. He sees things before they happen. He's the Obi Wan Kenobi of the Premiership. And Arsene Wenger is the Emperor Palpatine. Seriously watch him. He's pure evil.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2007, 06:52:51 pm by sabbathfan »
There is probably no GOD. Stop worrying about it and LIVE your LIFE

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No one on the corner got a swagger like me
« Reply #132 on: March 9, 2007, 06:50:28 pm »
Amusing how today every Arsenal fan writing to SSN is moaning about wanting to win trophies now and that Wenger plays the kids too much. Hypocrites the lot of them.

But hes a genuis you know! ;D
Mirra, 7777 wake up the thread needs you!

Offline Bronx Red

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #133 on: March 9, 2007, 08:36:53 pm »
But when do these boys grow up into men

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: March 9, 2007, 09:06:43 pm »
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline Kaizer

• Quaresmatic
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wonder is the beginning of wisdom.
« Reply #135 on: March 15, 2007, 10:26:10 pm »
Wenger hit with FA charge
By Alex Dunn -  Created on 15 Mar 2007

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has been charged by The Football Association with improper conduct and/or bringing the game into disrepute.

The charge relates to comments made with regards one of the assistant referees in the Carling Cup final defeat to Chelsea.

Towards the close of Chelsea's 2-1 victory at The Millennium Stadium, a fracas erupted between both sets of players, as Arsenal's Emmanuel Adebayor and Kolo Toure were sent off, along with John Obi Mikel of the opposition. 

Post-match and Wenger pulled no punches, claiming 'the whole system is not honest', when referring to the disciplinary procedures of The FA, in a statement that has not sat well with English football's governing body.

Wenger also claimed the assistant whom referee Howard Webb consulted before sending off Adebayor was a 'liar', and it is for these comments that the Frenchman has been brought to book. 

"Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has been charged with improper conduct and/or bringing the game into disrepute," read an official FA statement.

"The charge relates to his media comments about one of the assistant referees in the Carling Cup final.

"He has until March 30 to respond."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=454550&CPID=8&clid=3&lid=2&title=Wenger+hit+with+FA+charge&channel=football_home&
There will always be more sheep than shepherds.

“One of my favourites is Ricardo Quaresma. The day I go back to coaching I will do everything possible to sign him. Quaresma could make any club have that extra step up in quality.” - M.Lippi, August 2007

Just fuckin sign him!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzSNuQHwZLE

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #136 on: April 4, 2007, 10:15:17 am »
No doubt Arsehole will be particularly grumpy in training this morning.

Good. The c*nt!

It must really nark him to see Coventry City all but there in the semi finals of the Champions League once again.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2007, 10:16:49 am by cornelius »

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #137 on: April 4, 2007, 11:03:21 am »
Has there been a worse manager in European competitions over the last 10 years when you consider the talent he's had at his disposal (which Arsenal fans are always quick to point out that he found relatively cheaply). Underacheiver wouldn't even begin to sum him up. Tactically fucking clueless might.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Benitez

• Legacy Fan
  • Nunca caminarás sólo
« Reply #138 on: April 4, 2007, 12:28:11 pm »
Has there been a worse manager in European competitions over the last 10 years when you consider the talent he's had at his disposal (which Arsenal fans are always quick to point out that he found relatively cheaply). Underacheiver wouldn't even begin to sum him up. Tactically fucking clueless might.

He is clueless in europe it has to be said. Great for the most part in the Prem where tactics aren't as important when you have great players, but fecin useless in europe. 10 season in the CL, and only once got beyond the quarter finals.

And for all the good cheapish stars he bought, like Henry, Vieira, Pires, Lundberg, he also spent loads as well (conveniently forgotten). And maybe if he'd spent his transfer budget a bit better last 2 seasons on players they really could do with, rather than waste £17 mill buying two players for the same position (the useless Hleb and the good Rosicky), and then playing em out of position cos he didn't actually need both. And spending £12 mill on a teenage speedster - then who knows, Arsenal may have been in a better position.

Wenger has done very well, and deserves credit, but he also deserves critisism for the last two seasons.   
"Stay humble. Work harder than the other team every game, and work harder in practice. Take nothing for granted, especially on a day like today. How could you? It’s a gift to be playing in this league, a gift to walk the planet. So you know what, leave it on the ice every single night and let the results take care of themselves"