Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - WELCOME, 'A PLAYER'!!  (Read 2491981 times)

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: THE SUMMER 2020 TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #2960 on: August 3, 2020, 12:03:22 pm »
Mo Salah >>>>> Sancho

That's why we aint interested

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2961 on: August 3, 2020, 12:09:18 pm »
Matip linked with PSG. The source is terrible but I'm pretty sure this is how the Mbappe transfer starts

:wellin

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #2962 on: August 3, 2020, 12:10:00 pm »
Matip linked with PSG. The source is terrible but I'm pretty sure this is how the Mbappe transfer starts

Straight swap?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2963 on: August 3, 2020, 12:30:44 pm »
Seen an article on BBC earlier regarding hearts left back Aaron hickey. Been linked to Bayern villa and Bologna.

Apparently in his last year of his contract, still 18 and valued at £1.5 million.

Don't know much about him. All I know is he's been pretty highly rated in Scotland for a few years now. Wonder if he's worth a gamble at that price. Would also learn his trade from his Scotland captain too
Hope we get this done. Long time since I had a hickey to show off
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #2964 on: August 3, 2020, 12:37:47 pm »
Hope we get this done. Long time since I had a hickey to show off

Ah, the young teenagers badge of honour.....until the moment all your mates start taking the piss out of you
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2965 on: August 3, 2020, 12:37:59 pm »
Sancho is a extremely good player. We won't get involved at the prices mentioned though.

What 60m plus add on's.

If that is true then I am sure we will be considering getting involved

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2966 on: August 3, 2020, 12:39:51 pm »
What 60m plus add on's.

It's not going to be £60 million plus add-ons. It's going to be £60 million up front and the majority of the rest will be instalments that have to be paid (i.e. not performance related).
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2967 on: August 3, 2020, 12:39:53 pm »
What 60m plus add on's.

You can't be serious?
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2968 on: August 3, 2020, 12:40:07 pm »
What 60m plus add on's.

Can't see Dortmund selling for that, and they are under no pressure to do so contract wise, and if that was the price there would probably be 10 clubs interested.

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2969 on: August 3, 2020, 12:40:30 pm »
You can't be serious?

Of course he is.

It's Fordy.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2970 on: August 3, 2020, 12:43:03 pm »
It's not going to be £60 million plus add-ons. It's going to be £60 million up front and the majority of the rest will be instalments that have to be paid (i.e. not performance related).

Yep although all the social media fans will omit that key point

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2971 on: August 3, 2020, 12:44:11 pm »
Of course he is.

It's Fordy.

How would you know  "newbie"?  :P

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2972 on: August 3, 2020, 12:48:30 pm »
Can't see Dortmund selling for that, and they are under no pressure to do so contract wise, and if that was the price there would probably be 10 clubs interested.
The article suggests it's closer to £90-100m.  The 'add-ons' are more deferred payments than meaningful target-based payments.

Even at £60m that restricts to very few clubs in the current situation.  £90m+ is really only affordable to Man U, Man City, Chelsea and PSG.  Even Barca have stated they can't afford Neymar in the current climate.  Man City don't look like they're interested, Sancho doesn't seem like he's got his eyes on semi-retirement at PSG and Chelsea are already committed to £100m+ of other transfers.

It's difficult to know if we'd have been interested in a non-pandemic scenario.  We could probably have afforded it but I've only ever seen Sancho play on the right of a front three (I'm sure someone will tell me I'm wrong on that one!) which is a role we don't really have as Salah is effectively a striker playing off the right.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2973 on: August 3, 2020, 12:48:45 pm »
What 60m plus add on's.

?

but that’s how all big transfers are done - an initial fee then installments/clauses.

It isn’t a £60 mill deal, it’s a £100 plus mill deal.

Weird how sucked in people get with headlines.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2974 on: August 3, 2020, 12:52:56 pm »
Mo Salah >>>>> Sancho

That's why we aint interested

Both excellent players,yeah we'll propably never know for sure but i think Mo would score 40/season in Germany at one of the top 3 clubs.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #2975 on: August 3, 2020, 12:54:17 pm »
?

but that’s how all big transfers are done - an initial fee then installments/clauses.

It isn’t a £60 mill deal, it’s a £100 plus mill deal.

Wierd how sucked in people get with headlines.

He's just being willfully ignorant so he can then moan about the club not spending.

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2976 on: August 3, 2020, 12:56:45 pm »
How would you know  "newbie"?  :P

It doesn't take long to get used to Fordy.

He was bit premature in confirming that Lallana was going to Leicester, I'm hoping he's closer to the mark on Ben White.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2977 on: August 3, 2020, 12:57:30 pm »
The thing is though that it’s still very early days in the transfer window, I always say to judge at the end of the window rather than the start of it - to extend that point I’d really argue that you need to judge at the end of the following season as apparent ‘transfer success’ often doesn’t correlate with on the pitch success - just ask Everton.

Regarding Sancho, where is the evidence that we ever even wanted to sign him aside from Klopp making a few complimentary comments? I, personally, would love to see us sign him and I don’t buy the argument that he wouldn’t be a significant first team improvement as I think if you swap him for Origi then you’re going to see a pretty clear improvement on the pitch. But I am just a fan, I don’t have access to the kinds of data that our scouting team does, it may be that they’ve made a decision on him for whatever reason and don’t want to sign him, it may of course also be down to finances but whatever the logic, the way that the club has been run recently I’m prepared to trust the people whose job it is to make these decisions rather than come to my own (likely erroneous) conclusion as to why we haven’t signed him and then moan about it.

Agree with this. Klopp is always complimentary about players that we are linked with. He is also very diplomatic but very clear about our transfer business which is that he only talks about it once the deal is done. I wouldn't believe anything the papers put out because they just speculate and we conveniently ignore the 90% of the time they are wrong.

I think the points gap for this years title race is misleading. I think we need to work very hard and recruit diligently in order to attack the title once again and hopefully emerge as champions again. We have a pretty good squad, and hopefully a few of the younger lads can step into some gaps and take their opportunities. We have lost a little experience with Lallana and Lovren leaving, and possibly more to follow. Hopefully we can recruit well and bring in some energy and skill, alongside the enthusiasm of the youth players.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2978 on: August 3, 2020, 12:59:38 pm »
Are we still in for Mbappe or his injury raised some concerns?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2979 on: August 3, 2020, 01:00:27 pm »

@Fordy

An enquiry for you mate
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #2980 on: August 3, 2020, 01:09:53 pm »
I don't really see the point in keeping Shaqiri.  Even when he's been fit, Klopp hasn't used him - he's just a name on the subs bench. 

Completely disagree. We can’t sell off all our fringe  players as we’ll need them, even if only for a few games. Remember that shaq started v Barcelona at Anfield! Next year he may be needed even more and Lallana has already gone. I think shaq is quality. Doesn’t suit our team formation but is quality. So he mustn’t go unless it’s to bring in a better player who does suit our system
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2981 on: August 3, 2020, 01:16:01 pm »
Both excellent players, yeah we'll probably never know for sure but I think Mo would score 40/season in Germany at one of the top 3 clubs.
I mean Sancho could be as good if not better but at the moment he isn't anywhere near Mo. Its the issue we have at the moment when going for someone like Sancho. They aren't going to improve our first team and they aren't likely to want to come not being guaranteed first team football.

The only way we can move on to the next level is to keep winning big trophies over the next few years and then it could make the risk worthwhile like it is going to Real or Barca.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2982 on: August 3, 2020, 01:22:12 pm »

Is this a joke?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2983 on: August 3, 2020, 01:24:48 pm »
Messi says that had he been physically taller or more solid while growing up, he wouldn't had have the dribbling he has now. He said, being small made him the player he is. If Elliott keeps the same attitude, and be half as good as the great man in dribbling then we will have some player.

Well there you are. Asking someone to be even half as good as he is at dribbling is a tough thing to achieve.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2984 on: August 3, 2020, 01:25:31 pm »

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2985 on: August 3, 2020, 01:27:28 pm »
Both excellent players,yeah we'll propably never know for sure but i think Mo would score 40/season in Germany at one of the top 3 clubs.

Not as a 19/20 year old

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #2986 on: August 3, 2020, 01:34:20 pm »
Completely disagree. We can’t sell off all our fringe  players as we’ll need them, even if only for a few games. Remember that shaq started v Barcelona at Anfield! Next year he may be needed even more and Lallana has already gone. I think shaq is quality. Doesn’t suit our team formation but is quality. So he mustn’t go unless it’s to bring in a better player who does suit our system
Of course - I wasn't advocating selling him without a replacement coming in.  And I like him as a player, too.  I just don't see the point in having subs that the manager doesn't seem to fancy or trust. If you're not going to use them to rest/rotate the first team, what's the point in having them in the squad/on the bench?  That was my point.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2987 on: August 3, 2020, 01:34:59 pm »
So our big Nike launch tomorrow. Thiago unveiling then?  ;D

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2988 on: August 3, 2020, 01:44:56 pm »
Not as a 19/20 year old

20 year old Haaland scoring at more than goal/game rate too at Dortmund,insane.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2989 on: August 3, 2020, 01:47:51 pm »
20 year old Haaland scoring at more than goal/game rate too at Dortmund,insane.

Then you add Sancho's equal amount of assists to the mix and what you get in total is very impressive.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2990 on: August 3, 2020, 01:48:59 pm »
So our big Nike launch tomorrow. Thiago unveiling then?  ;D

I know you’re joking but one thing I haven’t seen mentioned much here is that if we do sign Thiago, I’d be surprised if any announcement is made until Bayern are out of the CL (or after the CL if they win it/get to the final.)

Offline Mr Benn please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 123456789 Benn
« Reply #2991 on: August 3, 2020, 01:55:16 pm »
Not sure United have a terrible defence at all - conceded three more than Liverpool over the season, only 1 more than City and 18 fewer than Chelsea! And that's with a goalkeeper who's let in 5 plus really soft ones.

Agree they've got an issue in goal unless De Gea can rediscover his form of 2 plus years ago now.

But defensively they're pretty good and been the form side in the league since restart - appreciate others haven't necessarily had much to play for but they've still been consistently getting results.

Don't think we should be complacent about United next season, they won't be that far off I don't think if adding Sancho and presumably 1 or 2 others.
Thing is with United's defence, if they bring Sancho in, assuming Pogba stays, they are going to have to adjust the way they play to  to fit their current front 3, plus Sancho, plus Fernandes and Pogba. Their defence is OK playing a low block where there's not much space between the back 4 and de Gea. However if they want to get the best out of their attacking players, they really need to move to  a more possession based game, which will mean the defence moving 10 yards or so up the pitch. Am not convinced having 2 not very quick centre halves and a keeper who hates leaving his six yard box will work in that scenario.
« Last Edit: August 3, 2020, 01:56:54 pm by irc65 »

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2992 on: August 3, 2020, 02:05:00 pm »
Not as a 19/20 year old

This highlights the crux of the thread really.

Liverpool have an analytics set up that lets them see when the 23 year old fella is about to explode before it becomes glaringly obvious to the rest of the footballing world. Likewise the 19 year old fella.

The whole world knows certain players are certs. Liverpool knows more than most about which players are “highly likely”.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2993 on: August 3, 2020, 02:05:59 pm »
Sancho for an initial fee of £60m? We should be all over that.

Complacency is a disease.

FSG can't just sit off these last few years and think we've made it. Mind boggles at how we've spent practically nothing these last 12 months and are now playing it careful because of the pandemic. Not spending anything should give us something to spare at the least. We're not Crystal Palace.

They should not be taking Klopp for granted and thinking he wears a cape. He's done wonders these last few years with this smallish squad. To ask him to produce the same again is asking for a bit much.
« Last Edit: August 3, 2020, 02:08:21 pm by Pradan »

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2994 on: August 3, 2020, 02:06:00 pm »
How much are they offering in addition to Mbappe?

I got it :scarf

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2995 on: August 3, 2020, 02:09:16 pm »

FSG can't just sit off these last few years and think we've made it. Mind boggles at how we've spent practically nothing these last 12 months and are now playing it careful because of the pandemic. Not spending anything should give us something to spare at the least. We're not Crystal Palace.

They should not be taking Klopp for granted and thinking he wears a cape. He's done wonders these last few years with this smallish squad. To ask him to produce the same again is asking for a bit much.

When we sign Mandi and Barry Manilow is heard across Anfield then you'll realise.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2996 on: August 3, 2020, 02:09:19 pm »

They better not leave Klopp. He's done wonders these last few years with this smallish squad. To ask him to produce the same again is asking for a bit much.

Fair point.

And when he comes in on more than all of our players, how would you sell that to them?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2997 on: August 3, 2020, 02:10:38 pm »

Clueless.

We renewed the contracts of all our star players over the last few years, agents fees for those alone would have reached into transfer budget territory. There's no complacency, sitting off or taking anyone for granted when the club are looking at losing over £100m because of the pandemic just sensible management of finances.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2998 on: August 3, 2020, 02:11:12 pm »
It’s basically €120m but they can’t afford it on one hit..

Let’s not kids ourselves that it’s £60m
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #2999 on: August 3, 2020, 02:12:11 pm »
Just because it's payments doesn't mean it's a bargain, most of the very big transfer deals are made in payments. Still a very expensive deal.