Author Topic: FA Cup: Wolves 2 v Liverpool 1 Jimenez ‘37 Neves ‘55 Origi ‘50  (Read 50229 times)

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
Re: FA Cup: Wolves 2 v Liverpool 1 Jimenez ‘37 Neves ‘55 Origi ‘50
« Reply #1080 on: January 8, 2019, 08:56:56 pm »
Really pissed off today with losing again for the second time in a week. The FA cup final was the best day of the year once upon a time. If the extra rest comes good later on in the season it will be a price to pay but not taking the cup serious is becoming the norm.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #1081 on: January 8, 2019, 09:02:38 pm »
Can someone summarise the 27 pages please? Cant sift through it all. I’m sure theres plenty of optimism, still.
We were right to make 10 changes
Loads of people dont give a shit we lost
We should put the first XI in glass cases for the rest of the season in case they break a fingernail
Oh and some of us (the minority it seems) wanted to win
But apparently this means were now nailed on to win the league.

Seriously, it was like a fcukin Brexit debate in here last night.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1082 on: January 8, 2019, 09:03:03 pm »
Really pissed off today with losing again for the second time in a week. The FA cup final was the best day of the year once upon a time. If the extra rest comes good later on in the season it will be a price to pay but not taking the cup serious is becoming the norm.

We took it seriously last January and we were beaten by a side that ended up being relegated, at Anfield

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1083 on: January 8, 2019, 09:04:05 pm »

To be fair I think we do take it serious, just not as serious as other tournamntes.

The 'Cup'... 'used' to be the second biggest thing for 99% of the league, now, not even in just the prem, if you offered a cup win or a promotion to the 10 of the top teams in the championship, I bet opinions opinions would be divided to varying levels.
Additionally, the FA have changed it around for a number of years now, this year no replays at some point and year on year, not just the clubs, but the FA are changing it, to suit and work around the 'bigger' teams and I guess in some cases England as well, even if they wouldn't like to admit it.

Its a shitter to say it, bu the FA cup, to me and maybe many others, just doesn't have the appeal as it used to and to the point of it being not much greater a draw, though still bigger, than the Carabou,Milk Rumbelows, Worthingtons, Capital One - cup.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1084 on: January 8, 2019, 09:04:20 pm »
We should put the first XI in glass cases for the rest of the season in case they break a fingernail

Not all heroes wear suits. Thank you for your service

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1085 on: January 8, 2019, 09:05:01 pm »

Exaggerate much? I understand your frustration but no one was on here saying that we were going to win the league because we're out now.

Offline Cheesehead

• What the hell is Brett Favrrrvre doing here?
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1086 on: January 8, 2019, 09:06:55 pm »

I feel your pain mate. It’s sad.

• Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #1087 on: January 8, 2019, 09:09:22 pm »
Exaggerate much? I understand your frustration but no one was on here saying that we were going to win the league because we're out now.

FFS! it was tongue in cheek
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

• Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #1088 on: January 8, 2019, 09:10:02 pm »
Not all heroes wear suits. Thank you for your service
Says the guy with the most ironic username
A Great man once said...
It is terribly simple."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1089 on: January 8, 2019, 09:13:14 pm »

FFS! it was tongue in cheek

Mate it's hard to tell on here it really is

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1090 on: January 8, 2019, 09:15:20 pm »
Maybe a good time to concentrate on the next league game, feels like we're going around in circles now...
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1091 on: January 8, 2019, 09:16:15 pm »
Says the guy with the most ironic username

Don't worry, it's definitely not about me

• Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #1092 on: January 8, 2019, 09:23:07 pm »
Mate it's hard to tell on here it really is

I was honestly trying to lighten the mood but I do agree, the amount of angry people on here last night seemed a new low for RAWK (on both sides of the argument)

In hindsight I wish Id have stayed away personally but got caught up in the moment.
A Great man once said...
It is terribly simple."

• Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #1093 on: January 8, 2019, 09:23:32 pm »
Don't worry, it's definitely not about me

No worries
A Great man once said...
It is terribly simple."

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1094 on: January 8, 2019, 09:27:35 pm »
I was honestly trying to lighten the mood but I do agree, the amount of angry people on here last night seemed a new low for RAWK (on both sides of the argument)

In hindsight I wish Id have stayed away personally but got caught up in the moment.

I thought it was nice to see personally. These days people don't seem take threads about not taking the FA Cup as seriously as we used to as seriously as we used to.

• Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #1095 on: January 8, 2019, 09:30:25 pm »
I thought it was nice to see personally. These days people don't seem take threads about not taking the FA Cup as seriously as we used to as seriously as we used to.

Hmmm dont like reds attacking other reds personally (Ok maybe with a few exceptions  :P)
A Great man once said...
It is terribly simple."

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #1096 on: January 8, 2019, 09:31:05 pm »
Maybe a good time to concentrate on the next league game
Abso friggin lutely.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #1097 on: January 8, 2019, 09:43:59 pm »
I don't understand that, hbhr - what do you mean by"too pacy"
Sorry, that was bizarre. What I meant to say is that we have pace dominance covered by both Gomez and VVD, so it seems unlikely to me that we'd break the bank for physical dominance in terms of pace. It seems likelier to me that we'd rather go for aerial dominance to give is both more diversity and real cover for VVD. Does that make more sense now?

He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1098 on: January 8, 2019, 09:46:09 pm »
Shearer tends to be much better on MOTD than at half time of live games, when he's not much better - clichιs, passion, individuals - than someone like Ince (who is genuinely terrible). Which suggests his MOTD stuff may be largely provided by analysts and researchers. Maybe it's PoP writing his MOTD lines for him :).
If that we're true it'd be all the more reason to cut out the middleman, I mean it's not like the brick headed fucker is good looking or anything.

I mean Shearer, obviously, not Pop. I've no idea what sort of building implement Pop's head resembles, if any at all.

Offline hesbighesred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1099 on: January 8, 2019, 09:50:27 pm »
I assumed ‘pricey’.....
Actually that was almost certainly it, simple phone autocorrect mistake. Hahaha! Misinterpreting my own post is a new one, hahahaha!

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #1100 on: January 8, 2019, 09:54:05 pm »
If that we're true it'd be all the more reason to cut out the middleman, I mean it's not like the brick headed fucker is good looking or anything.

I mean Shearer, obviously, not Pop. I've no idea what sort of building implement Pop's head resembles, if any at all.

Soup box. Like one of those that has the packets of soup in the shop.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1101 on: January 8, 2019, 09:57:45 pm »

Chiseled, like Mount Rushmore

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
« Reply #1102 on: January 8, 2019, 10:00:28 pm »

after a third consequitive year of capitulation of the FA Cup by Jόrgen Klopp, we need to make this sacrifice justifiable, it’s very disappointing when you’ve grown up with Sir Bob, Joe and Kenny at the helm when dedicated attack on the League Cup and FA Cup was nailed on.

we do have the perfect opportunity to press on and open up a 7 point lead on Saturday, we have to do it now otherwise we get sucked back in, City having another 3 games at least to us is a bonus, long may they progress and their fixtures and injuries increase.

time to deliver what the fans want most Jόrgen 🏆 and not necessarily want the owners want 💷💷💷

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1103 on: January 8, 2019, 10:05:12 pm »
The fact that Shearer is paid not just money, but fucking huge sums of it, in exchange for his ability to talk (even if it is about football) is absolute and concrete proof that we are not in any way living in a meritocratic society. I don't necessarily hate him, but I do genuinely think it's disgusting that our national broadcaster sees fit to use ordinary people's money in order to enrich ex-footballers, rather than taking a gamble and actually hiring people who can talk about it in an interesting way.

Imagine people like BabaYagu and PoP having 5 minutes to analyse a game. Are you really telling me the ratings would go down? Who the fuck tunes in for, or even slightly enjoys, the absolute dogshit the usual pundits spout? People come to watch their team and then generally shout at the pundits. Who knows? You might actually end up with a program that, yer know, informs, educates and entertains. Now where did I hear those three things before? They seem familiar somehow.
I couldn't agree more and think they need to be accountable for those decisions and the cost of them. I wonder they actually bother researching whether people would still watch if the expensive ex-pro pundits were not there?

As you mention, with the explosion of fan driven media, there's a new group of people that can talk fairly and intelligently about their own and other clubs. I'm not totally anti ex-pro, and feel that there's a load of untapped potential talent in the lower reaches of the game that could add something different - people that know the game and could do with the money rather than an already rich high profile player topping up his pension. If that's too radical for the BBC, they could start by insisting that the current crop actually demonstrate some research rather than resorting to cliches and narratives, and don' contradict themselves from week to week because some of what they come out with is an insult to the intelligence.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #1104 on: January 8, 2019, 10:10:21 pm »
Seems to me amongst the same people ripping into Klopp last night were the ones that ripped into Kenny for having the nerve to win a cup and come seventh, so i guess they may have wanted it both ways yet again,

as for the side picked on paper they should have had enough to win or at least draw, but for the post Shaqiri would have equalised with his sublime free kick but it didnt happen so que sara sara.

One or two annoyed me Danny looked way out of sorts and for me never put in a shift or broke sweat last night and that pass from Moreno for their first goal was a hospital pass for Milner he passed to a guy on his own with two guys right on him, bloody schoolboy error and he moans about not being in the first team. Still dont think Keita know where he fits in our system the quality is there it just needs channeling into the framework.

Massive plus was the showing of the youngsters especially the 16 year old Dutch lad what a future prospect he is a real diamond of a player, maturity way beyond his years on last nights performance.

As for Shearer he talks shit always has always will,  he repeats the same stupid comments all the time,  including lasts night totally disgraceful insult to our players when he said some of them didnt want to win the game what a thing to accuse professional footballers off doing, the man is a total thick bastard.

« Last Edit: January 8, 2019, 10:13:38 pm by Mutton Geoff »
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1105 on: January 8, 2019, 10:13:49 pm »
As for Shearer he talks shit always has always will

Been listening to a lot of Phoebe Bridgers recently?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #1106 on: January 8, 2019, 10:17:05 pm »
Been listening to a lot of Phoebe Bridgers recently?

WTF is that meant to be ?
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1107 on: January 8, 2019, 10:17:06 pm »
Thought Milner and Fabinho played well, Shaqiri and Origi started slowly but improved and looked good by the end. The young lads did fine as well.

Mignolet and Moreno were poor, but I've seen enough of them to not be surprised about that, Sturridge was also poor.

The big concern for me was the performance of Naby Keοta, he is supposed to be an established player, cost a lot of money and we're expecting him to be one of our key players in the next few years. He should have been running the show last night, very disappointing and concerning. 
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1108 on: January 8, 2019, 10:21:29 pm »

Taking it you'll be too gutted to watch our game at the weekend then? :(
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #1109 on: January 8, 2019, 10:28:39 pm »
Seems to me amongst the same people ripping into Klopp last night were the ones that ripped into Kenny for having the nerve to win a cup and come seventh, so i guess they may have wanted it both ways yet again,

as for the side picked on paper they should have had enough to win or at least draw, but for the post Shaqiri would have equalised with his sublime free kick but it didnt happen so que sara sara.

One or two annoyed me Danny looked way out of sorts and for me never put in a shift or broke sweat last night and that pass from Moreno for their first goal was a hospital pass for Milner he passed to a guy on his own with two guys right on him, bloody schoolboy error and he moans about not being in the first team. Still dont think Keita know where he fits in our system the quality is there it just needs channeling into the framework.

Massive plus was the showing of the youngsters especially the 16 year old Dutch lad what a future prospect he is a real diamond of a player, maturity way beyond his years on last nights performance.

As for Shearer he talks shit always has always will,  he repeats the same stupid comments all the time,  including lasts night totally disgraceful insult to our players when he said some of them didnt want to win the game what a thing to accuse professional footballers off doing, the man is a total thick bastard.

Agree with all of that, and HBHR’s post. The obscene amounts ex pros get paid on all the TV channels is testament to the wider truth that the world is a very unequal place right now. Someone posted earlier that the utopian notion of a meritocracy is as far away as ever. The idea of ‘famous for being famous’ has never been more apt. That the Beeb should be complicit in perpetuating the cult of the undeserving celeb is doubly hard to take. I’ll just mention Jeremy Clarkson, to add to Shearer and of recent memory, Garth Crooks.

The mind truly boggles.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

• Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #1110 on: January 8, 2019, 10:48:18 pm »

Taking it you'll be too gutted to watch our game at the weekend then? :(

I honestly despair  :butt
A Great man once said...
It is terribly simple."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1111 on: January 8, 2019, 11:15:10 pm »
Mignolet.

Offline ghalied

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1112 on: January 9, 2019, 07:22:09 am »
I'm gutted we're out. The early stages of the FA Cup is a good opportunity to give our squad a chance to push the starting players even more, for players coming back from injury to play themselves back into form and for youngsters to be given a run. I don't get a chance to watch youth games so I love seeing all the faces I only read about. The Premier League is so tight nowadays that its difficult to slowly introduce players. Hopefully our squad gets stronger so that even our second string can win competitive games - anything other than Premier sides playing their stronger line-ups and we're already strong enough.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #1113 on: January 9, 2019, 11:40:11 am »
To be fair I think we do take it serious, just not as serious as other tournamntes.

The 'Cup'... 'used' to be the second biggest thing for 99% of the league, now, not even in just the prem, if you offered a cup win or a promotion to the 10 of the top teams in the championship, I bet opinions opinions would be divided to varying levels.
Additionally, the FA have changed it around for a number of years now, this year no replays at some point and year on year, not just the clubs, but the FA are changing it, to suit and work around the 'bigger' teams and I guess in some cases England as well, even if they wouldn't like to admit it.

Its a shitter to say it, bu the FA cup, to me and maybe many others, just doesn't have the appeal as it used to and to the point of it being not much greater a draw, though still bigger, than the Carabou,Milk Rumbelows, Worthingtons, Capital One - cup.

I know the narrative has been that the big clubs don't value the FA Cup anymore, but the reality is that even it is isn't valued as much, Utd, Chelsea & Arsenal have held a monopoly on the cup in the last 25 years with us winning a couple and a handful for the rest

I think the biggest problem in recent years has been the fact that the mid-table clubs are giving up on both cups way too easily. Think how many mid-table teams used to win the FA cup during the 60s, 70s and 80s. Even when we were winning the league we didn't collect it anywhere near as often with 2 coming when Europe was no longer on the table.

One thing that would help would be a min 6 days gap before FA Cup weekend, as they may find these clubs are then able to play slightly stronger teams.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #1114 on: January 9, 2019, 12:48:27 pm »
One thing that would help would be a min 6 days gap before FA Cup weekend, as they may find these clubs are then able to play slightly stronger teams.

It's a tricky one. I think we'd have to sack off the League Cup as well. And then do something to market the FA Cup overseas a bit more for TV rights so there is more money in it for the winning the team. There must be a way.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #1115 on: January 9, 2019, 04:26:59 pm »
It's a tricky one. I think we'd have to sack off the League Cup as well. And then do something to market the FA Cup overseas a bit more for TV rights so there is more money in it for the winning the team. There must be a way.

Overseas could have an impact. I've been in India many times around the time of the league cup final and often, despite the final featuring 2 prem teams (e.g. us v City) it doesn't feel like its been promoted as much as the equivalent league fixture would be. Now I know there's a difference in value between the FA Cup and the League Cup but I think it still highlights the prestige (or lack of it) of the competition.

If it comes to purely to money, you could offer a much bigger prize though that may still not be enough. After all, the clubs love the idea of guaranteed revenues (like the CL group stages) not potential ones (i.e. winning).
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1116 on: January 9, 2019, 04:46:27 pm »

They could do what Scotland do, and have the League Cup done and dusted by December. That would leave more time for the FA Cup 3rd round to start later.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1117 on: January 9, 2019, 04:52:09 pm »
They could do what Scotland do, and have the League Cup done and dusted by December. That would leave more time for the FA Cup 3rd round to start later.
What would be the timeline on that? I think the league cup is midweek of every non European games week and international breaks.
Unless it an earlier start in July/August would be the thinking to get to round 3 earlier

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1118 on: January 9, 2019, 04:54:45 pm »
I’d look to bring in an ‘FA League’

Have five sets of groups: Prem teams, Championship, League One, League Two and non-League (who would have had their own FA League to decide which teams are involved) and then split each set of groups into four groups, play each team in that group and then whoever wins the group is placed into the FA Champions League to decide which team has a home draw in the FA Cup proper.

Ideally do this in the summer
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1119 on: January 9, 2019, 05:00:29 pm »
What would be the timeline on that? I think the league cup is midweek of every non European games week and international breaks.
Unless it an earlier start in July/August would be the thinking to get to round 3 earlier

June/July playoffs to create the right numbers from the 92 clubs

July/August for the lower division teams left, introduce the Championship/Prem clubs in September, finish it up by the first week of December.