Author Topic: Welcome to LFC Ben Doak  (Read 92519 times)

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
Re: Welcome to LFC Ben Doak
« Reply #200 on: November 24, 2022, 10:16:34 am »
Robbo Doak......rubbish nickname

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: November 24, 2022, 06:24:37 pm »
Could we agree instead that if Doak becomes a player at Owen’s peak level that’d be a good thing? Or even a Damien Duff type level? Agreement is sometimes helpful. Find what you can agree on eh?

Odd you mention Duff because everytime I  see him that's who he reminds me of. I think it's the way he carries himself.

Offline BigCDump

• Kopite
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #202 on: November 25, 2022, 10:58:01 am »
Odd you mention Duff because everytime I  see him that's who he reminds me of. I think it's the way he carries himself.

Or you're simply Irashists.   :lickin
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #203 on: November 28, 2022, 11:50:43 pm »
For those who have watched him, what would he need improvements in his game?.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: November 29, 2022, 07:18:51 am »
Steak.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: November 29, 2022, 09:09:57 am »
Nothing artificial, it's all going to be organic with him

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #206 on: November 29, 2022, 09:23:53 am »

Posted similar before, but at the moment he's a very traditional British winger, darting outside the fullback and then whipping the ball across the goal.  He needs to play more on the left and through the middle to add a bit more variety to his game and to start thinking about what kind of runs he could/should be making.  Doesn't play much like an inside forward at the moment, but learning the nuances of that role would really help.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: November 29, 2022, 07:30:51 pm »
l

His runs in behind could take him to the next level, it’s something that came naturally to Sterling for example at that age, probably why he made it so far.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: December 16, 2022, 09:43:59 pm »
Good cameo today. I wouldn’t be surprised if he got minutes before the end of the season. Shame we got city in the league cup.

https://youtu.be/go4HMmhXdUw

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: December 16, 2022, 10:50:00 pm »
First attacking prospect ive been excited by in some time, brings me back to the sterling days

Just seems to have no fear and the skills to back it up, but youngsters can really struggle with that step-up so wont get over excited yet but Doak could end up saving LFC quite a few quid if he fulfills his potential

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: December 16, 2022, 11:14:38 pm »
First attacking prospect ive been excited by in some time, brings me back to the sterling days

Just seems to have no fear and the skills to back it up, but youngsters can really struggle with that step-up so wont get over excited yet but Doak could end up saving LFC quite a few quid if he fulfills his potential
Yeah, if he progresses he would save the club an absolute packet and way more than Sterling saved us when he came through. We would need him to be as good though so no pressure..

The 5 subs will help especially if we start playing better and are a few goals up so the pressure isn’t as high and he can get some minutes. I saw an interview with Klopp saying he is 16, if I was the kid I’d be reminding him I’m 17 and I want whatever minutes he can give.  ;D

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: December 16, 2022, 11:44:41 pm »
Probably the best 17 year old I’ve seen come through since Lionel Messi at Barcelona. Expect him to have a very similar career.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: December 16, 2022, 11:45:43 pm »
Probably the best 17 year old I’ve seen come through since Lionel Messi at Barcelona. Expect him to have a very similar career.

Are you serious?

Edit: Of course not  ;D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #213 on: December 17, 2022, 12:59:27 am »
Are you serious?

Edit: Of course not  ;D

Missed the hook on the first pass, did you?  ;D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #214 on: December 17, 2022, 07:11:46 am »
He looked great against Southampton and followed up with a lively cameo here
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #215 on: December 17, 2022, 10:04:03 am »
Such an interesting player. He has some pretty rare gifts.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #216 on: December 17, 2022, 12:21:17 pm »
Some really exciting attacking talents in that age group at the minute, Doak, Clarke, Gordon etc. Hoping they can all make the step up.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Paisley79

• Anny Roader
« Reply #217 on: December 17, 2022, 12:28:06 pm »
I've got tickets for the FA Youth Cup tie at Bournemouth on Thursday afternoon. Was hoping to see Doak up close. Think I may well miss out cos he might just have impressed enough to get on the bench for the Man City cup tie in the evening

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: December 17, 2022, 12:41:08 pm »
When you look at what he's done every time he's been on the pitch I think he's jumped right to the front of the queue of attacking prospects. I wonder if he could leapfrog the likes of Ox, Harvey, and Carvalho as a front 3 option over the next couple of months.

Interesting that he seems to be a right footer who plays on the right. Mainly see inverted wide players nowadays.

Offline richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: December 17, 2022, 01:05:20 pm »
Such an interesting player. He has some pretty rare gifts.

I've been pleasantly surprised by how well his skillset has translated into a first team context. I assumed the physical dominance he exerted at u18 level would just naturally be cancelled out as he stepped up, but from the glimpses we've now seen he just looks to have an increasingly freakish ability to shift his momentum faster than anyone around him and his top speed, core strength and balll control looks sufficient to keep most fullbacks a yard or two back.

Klopp's reaction is the most telling bit. He basically called him a force of nature in his post match comments, which is pretty strong praise, he's usually much more circumspect about kids coming through to avoid piling the pressure on. Combined with the facial reactions which, bless him, he just can't control, you can tell he's properly excited by this kid.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #220 on: December 17, 2022, 07:36:19 pm »
I liked the way he got his head up before he crossed to Darwin.l.

Reminds me a bit of Andy Sinton.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: December 17, 2022, 08:04:16 pm »

Ha, not a bad shout now you mention it. He's one of the first genuinely two footed players I remember watching. Seemed to play on a different flank every time he played against us

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: December 17, 2022, 08:13:39 pm »
I liked the way he got his head up before he crossed to Darwin.l.

Underrated player from that era.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: December 17, 2022, 09:32:41 pm »
I like the Duff comparison someone made. Very similar playing style.

If it wasn’t for Abramovic we would have got him and he would have been far more respected retrospectively.
I've been pleasantly surprised by how well his skillset has translated into a first team context. I assumed the physical dominance he exerted at u18 level would just naturally be cancelled out as he stepped up, but from the glimpses we've now seen he just looks to have an increasingly freakish ability to shift his momentum faster than anyone around him and his top speed, core strength and balll control looks sufficient to keep most fullbacks a yard or two back.
Yeah you never really know till they play senior football.

Most important thing is one of the lads recommends a barber to him. Not Harvey.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: December 18, 2022, 05:14:30 am »
I like the Duff comparison someone made. Very similar playing style.

If it wasn’t for Abramovic we would have got him and he would have been far more respected retrospectively. Yeah you never really know till they play senior football.

Most important thing is one of the lads recommends a barber to him. Not Harvey.

if rawk was around then, guess his transfer rumors page would be at least 100 pages. we were linked with him forever

guess its the physique too. stocky lad. left footed and explosive. love to see more of him around in the season and what are the plans. maybe he got some hope of playing time since diaz is out for quite a while. nothing better than a 20-30 minute cameo when we are cruising

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #225 on: December 18, 2022, 08:13:26 am »
Ha, not a bad shout now you mention it. He's one of the first genuinely two footed players I remember watching. Seemed to play on a different flank every time he played against us

Left…right…we’re there any others?!

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #226 on: December 18, 2022, 09:54:48 am »
if rawk was around then, guess his transfer rumors page would be at least 100 pages. we were linked with him forever

guess its the physique too. stocky lad. left footed and explosive. love to see more of him around in the season and what are the plans. maybe he got some hope of playing time since diaz is out for quite a while. nothing better than a 20-30 minute cameo when we are cruising

Doak is right footed, he's just also very comfortable on his left, similar to Lallana.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: December 18, 2022, 10:38:20 am »
Left…right…we’re there any others?!

If we're there, I'm sure others will be there too.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: December 18, 2022, 11:01:37 am »

Is he?
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: December 18, 2022, 11:11:31 am »
He’s right footed
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #230 on: December 18, 2022, 12:00:37 pm »
He has hair, what we doin?

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: December 19, 2022, 11:06:06 am »

Offline ManéManéMané

• Always sunné. In the rich man's world.....all the things I could do if had a little Mané.....
  • Main Stander
  • anchor.fm/koponpodcast
    • Kop On!
« Reply #232 on: December 19, 2022, 12:02:54 pm »
I get the Duff comparison, but whereas Duff had a ton of talent but never developed the ability to run a game with his passing and technique, I believe Doak has the coaches around him to become a much better all round player.

All this talk of signing an attacking player to cover for the Diaz/ Jota injuries is nonsense to me: give Doak a chance!

Between now and the return of the aforementioned, he can learn a lot, and contribute a lot. If you're good enough, you're old enough, right?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #233 on: December 19, 2022, 12:04:00 pm »
He's got a little bit of Suarez about him, similar build and he has the same happy habit of bundling through defenders and coming out the other side with the ball at his feet.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: December 19, 2022, 04:04:40 pm »
Can we get him the Messi growth hormones please?

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #235 on: December 19, 2022, 04:21:35 pm »
He's got a little bit of Suarez about him, similar build and he has the same happy habit of bundling through defenders and coming out the other side with the ball at his feet.

I've noticed that particular skill too. And it is a skill. At first - just as with Suarez - you think "God, he's lucky with the ricochets". But there's no luck involved. It happens too regularly for luck to be a factor. As with Suarez this young kid seems to have a fantastic understanding of where to position himself best in relation to the moving ball. He trusts his touch and his momentum to see him through a tackle. I can't say I've seen many players who possess that gift. (Bobby's another one I think, though without the explosive power of Suarez - and, we hope, a maturing Doak).
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: December 19, 2022, 07:10:28 pm »
I have a feeling VAR is going to be very busy whenever he plays. Penalties galore & opposition fans in full fume week after week. LiVARpool will be back with a vengance.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: December 19, 2022, 09:37:18 pm »
Is rather Suarez like with the bundling through challenges. His turn f pace is so dangerous, reminds me of Mane at his best, small, stocky and lightning quick from a standing start, has the same habit as Mane too of slowing down his marker then bursting past them as they plant their feet

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: December 19, 2022, 09:50:57 pm »
You lot… Rooney, Sterling, Suarez, Mane

Me?

Andy Sinton. :lmao

I’d be delighted if he turned out like Sinton to be honest. He was a good player. For someone who has just turned 17 that would be a good result.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2022, 09:56:12 pm by TepidTurkey2OES »
W

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: December 19, 2022, 09:52:44 pm »
You lot… Romney, Sterling, Suarez, Mane

Me?

Andy Sinton. :lmao

I’d be delighted if he turned out like Sinton to be honest. He was a good player. For someone who has just turned 17 that would be a good result.

I’d reckon he is too left wing to turn out like Romney.