Author Topic: Injury (and absence) related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)  (Read 577234 times)

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Injury related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)
« Reply #120 on: November 18, 2021, 11:44:47 am »
Welsh fans were thrilled with Neco's performances this break but many were saying he should move to get regular playing time, or at least be loaned, which ignores the salient fact that he would not have reached the level that so impressed without the coaching - and crucially, the patience - of Klopp.

I think that unless he is trusted to have a role and involvement in the squad similar to Tsimikas on the other flank, then it will be better for all parties for him to move on within a couple of years. At the moment, and we've seen it this season, Milner is still the second choice RB for big games, that can't be enough for a talented lad who's a full international for a side that might go to the world cup.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #121 on: November 18, 2021, 11:59:07 am »
I think that unless he is trusted to have a role and involvement in the squad similar to Tsimikas on the other flank, then it will be better for all parties for him to move on within a couple of years. At the moment, and we've seen it this season, Milner is still the second choice RB for big games, that can't be enough for a talented lad who's a full international for a side that might go to the world cup.

He was ill earlier in the season (think it was covid related), and injured I think, but he was out for a bit regardless, that may have played a part in him not getting a start.

I don't want to see him loaned out in January, his form is good, he’s growing as a player, he can be an very useful squad option. 

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #122 on: November 18, 2021, 12:18:40 pm »
He was ill earlier in the season (think it was covid related), and injured I think, but he was out for a bit regardless, that may have played a part in him not getting a start.

I don't want to see him loaned out in January, his form is good, he’s growing as a player, he can be an very useful squad option.

We'll need all the wide options we can get when Salah and  Mane are away.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #123 on: November 20, 2021, 07:26:09 pm »
I hope Jota is OK
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #124 on: November 21, 2021, 07:15:27 pm »
Any news on Bobby, Milner and Curtis? Hope at least one of them could make it back next weekend.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #125 on: November 21, 2021, 07:22:01 pm »
Any news on Bobby, Milner and Curtis? Hope at least one of them could make it back next weekend.
Keita and Milner likely for midweek.

Curtis is weeks away.  Bobby a couple of weeks maybe?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #126 on: November 21, 2021, 08:57:53 pm »
Keita and Milner likely for midweek.

Curtis is weeks away.  Bobby a couple of weeks maybe?
We should focus on the weekend and give lads like Tyler Morton their debut. Do you think Keita and Milner would be ready for a full game, or just 30-60 min? Mix of youth and experience is good, especially when the latter two get some game time.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: November 21, 2021, 09:10:04 pm »
Presuming Jota had no issue from that scary collision with Ramsdale?

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: November 21, 2021, 09:14:30 pm »
Presuming Jota had no issue from that scary collision with Ramsdale?

Klopp said after the game they'll have to see how it settles down as was a heavy knock.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: November 22, 2021, 06:53:03 pm »
right now we have 9 first-teamers injured

City have 5 [ffs they include MENDY !! plus Delap who's had ONE PL appearance]

Chelsea have 4

https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: November 22, 2021, 07:02:18 pm »

Chelsea have 4

They both have an embarrassment of riches in terms of the squad so they're less likely to get fatigue injuries, players having to start every game in a tough schedule because other options are injured (causing further injuries) and needing to rush players back at times.

City navigated last season effortlessly as they were able to just make 5 changes from game to game without it weakening the side.

At least out of those 9 we should hopefully have 6 back training properly in the next couple of weeks.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #131 on: November 22, 2021, 07:02:40 pm »

Chelsea have 4

Joe Gomez 'Calf/Shin/Heel Injury’ - they are sort of hedging it there aren’t they?  :D  Pick a few body parts!

Hopefully Joe will be back for the busy period later in Dec / Jan at least.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: November 23, 2021, 08:14:22 am »
nothing unlucky about his tackle. they were targeting him the whole game as i can recall.

our players literally receive no protection. eg vvd and thiago last season. Alisson this season so far. Wont be shocked if salah season ends during the arsenal game to be honest. The pundits will be cheering and celebrating no doubt about it.

jones was suffered during training which i can say is a bit unlucky and shouldn't happen in the first place but thats how we roll i guess. Intensity during the sessions and games.
Injuries that are more controllable on the team are muscle type stuff, non contact type stuff with rest and how you manage in practice, game etc. You cant control getting your leg broken or somebody taking your CB Knee out or a concussion etc.
I can understand what your saying but an injury considering more unlucky.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #133 on: November 23, 2021, 08:39:17 am »
They both have an embarrassment of riches in terms of the squad so they're less likely to get fatigue injuries, players having to start every game in a tough schedule because other options are injured (causing further injuries) and needing to rush players back at times.

In terms of pure numbers, City's squad is smaller than ours. I think the advantage they have is 16-17 players who are at that same 1st team level, where dropping someone in has very little difference in quality. I think we are possibly at 13-15 players at the same level and some of that is how you rate Tsimikas, Gomez, Firmino, Keita compared to the 1st XI.

The other factor is that City seem to have a lot of their strength in depth in attacking midfield. Plus the way they play makes 5 of the positions relatively interchangeable with a big part of their squad. We aren't quite like that. We have depth but it's not always like for like. Or it's that we ask specific things from certain positions (e.g. No.6 position) that makes it hard to have an elite back-up player who can slot right in.

I suppose the point I'm trying to make is that City's squad is no bigger than ours but they way they can utilise their squad makes it seem like it's got more strength in depth overall than it potentially actually has on paper.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: November 23, 2021, 02:01:36 pm »
as far as I can see there's been no update on Jota's injury so far. 

anyone see anything on it?

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #135 on: November 23, 2021, 02:05:48 pm »
as far as I can see there's been no update on Jota's injury so far. 

anyone see anything on it?

I'm 10 mins into the pre-match press conference and so far he only mentioned Robbo and Hendo (who are close but probably won't be risked). Hopefully that's a good sign.

Offline liverbnz

• Legacy Fan
One thing you will discover is that life is based less than you think on what you've learned, and much more than you think on what you have inside you from the very beginning

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: November 23, 2021, 07:28:43 pm »
James Milner, Andy Robertson, Neco Williams, Diogo Jota and Divock Origi were all present and in high spirits as the session started with the traditional Happy Birthday call for Caoimhin Kelleher.

The quintet were also joined by Jordan Henderson, who Klopp was coy about his chances of starting after his appearance off the bench against Arsenal.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2021/11/huge-boost-as-6-injury-doubts-train-ahead-of-liverpool-vs-porto/

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: November 24, 2021, 10:57:03 am »
Is there some sort of timeline on Curtis's eye injury?

Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #139 on: November 24, 2021, 12:12:08 pm »

I remember Klopp saying 'weeks'.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: November 24, 2021, 02:36:08 pm »

seems like it's kinda unknow-able.  you can't exercise or rehab your way back to health, its just a question of how long nature takes.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: November 24, 2021, 03:20:41 pm »
Thanks for the replies, I mostly asked to see if there had been any news/updates that I had missed.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Injury blah
« Reply #142 on: December 2, 2021, 06:59:29 pm »
Keita and Gomez back in full training. Curtis and Firmino still not ready.

Slowly and steadily, we are getting back numbers for the intense festive season.

Lovely to have these two available

Especially with that Milan match as can give them minutes
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Injury blah
« Reply #143 on: December 2, 2021, 08:20:33 pm »
I really hope Gomez gets the opportunity to ease his way back in, he's had a rotten run with these injuries.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #144 on: December 2, 2021, 08:24:10 pm »
I really hope Gomez gets the opportunity to ease his way back in, he's had a rotten run with these injuries.

That is the worry, he has had a lot of injuries, only what 24?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #145 on: December 2, 2021, 09:13:08 pm »
That is the worry, he has had a lot of injuries, only what 24?

Yes 24. It can change though, had he for example had a full pre-season that can only help but he'd already picked up the injury. Look at Matip at the moment, he is actually managing to play in a number of games when he too was picking up injuries.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #146 on: December 2, 2021, 09:32:28 pm »
Yes 24. It can change though, had he for example had a full pre-season that can only help but he'd already picked up the injury. Look at Matip at the moment, he is actually managing to play in a number of games when he too was picking up injuries.

True and long may Joel last.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #147 on: December 4, 2021, 08:18:56 pm »
What's Bobby's status? Is he expected to be back soon, has been a while now since the injury

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #148 on: December 7, 2021, 09:33:54 pm »
AOC seemed concerned as soon as he went down there.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: December 7, 2021, 09:41:49 pm »
AOC seemed concerned as soon as he went down there.

That’s what worried me. Surprised he went back in.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #150 on: December 7, 2021, 09:56:55 pm »
That’s what worried me. Surprised he went back in.
Me too. Good news for him though 
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: December 8, 2021, 06:50:10 pm »
Any news on Curtis's eye issue?
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: December 8, 2021, 07:10:06 pm »
What's Bobby's status? Is he expected to be back soon, has been a while now since the injury
target return Dec 16th apparently.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: December 9, 2021, 08:14:20 am »
Any news on Curtis's eye issue?

This belongs in the other thread Roy ;)

Firmino being back mid December is really important given AFCON. I'd hope that Firmino, Jota and Minamino/Origi can cover Salah and Mane's absence for a couple of league games without huge issues but I'd be less confident about Jota, Origi and Minamino.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #154 on: December 9, 2021, 09:38:13 am »
Me too. Good news for him though

Think it was just a clash of knees which can be quite painful rather than any twisting of the knee.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #155 on: December 9, 2021, 09:51:35 am »
Always scary seeing him on the sidelines with the physios looking at his knee!

I imagine it'll always be like that, any sort of pain and he'll be worried its happened again
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #156 on: December 9, 2021, 06:46:18 pm »
Bobby is back in training - gallery there (no Konate, Jota! or Origi)

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/firmino-returns-reds-prepare-visit-aston-villa
« Last Edit: December 9, 2021, 08:02:23 pm by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #157 on: December 9, 2021, 08:16:42 pm »
Bobby is back in training - gallery there (no Konate, Jota! or Origi)

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/firmino-returns-reds-prepare-visit-aston-villa
Jota a worry as he didn’t play midweek.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #158 on: December 9, 2021, 08:25:32 pm »
Jota a worry as he didn’t play midweek.

Might be doing individual training

Won’t know more until tomorrow

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: December 10, 2021, 01:14:50 pm »
Doesn't sound too hopeful on Jota for the the Villa game.