Author Topic: General Everton Discussion Thread #theygothegame  (Read 831478 times)

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: General Everton Discussion Thread #theygothegame
« Reply #13800 on: April 12, 2014, 11:11:21 pm »
Well he was a boyhood Red. He would probably like to win more things at Anfield

Where's the selling the only trophy in the cabinet on ebay money, Bill?
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Macedonian Red Reborn

• Self-professed wool
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13801 on: April 12, 2014, 11:15:26 pm »
Everton would have the same chance v Lille as Utd v Bayern? Behave.

Everton without Lukaku, Deulofeu and Barry? They would have an even weaker chance.
"If I wanted you to understand, I'd have explained it better" Johan Cruyff

Offline Hayer

• World Class Whinger. Sorry, winger.....or was I right the first time.....?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13802 on: April 12, 2014, 11:16:35 pm »
Well done to them, they've had a good season.

Not as good as ours, but well done nevertheless.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #13803 on: April 12, 2014, 11:17:04 pm »
Everton without Lukaku, Deulofeu and Barry? They would have an even weaker chance.

If Everton get 4th and Barca appeal their transfer ban to be able to do business this summer then Everton keep all three of those.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #13804 on: April 12, 2014, 11:20:26 pm »
If Delofeu ever learned how to pass it, and not be a selfish c*nt, he'll be quite the player.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13805 on: April 12, 2014, 11:21:53 pm »
If Everton get 4th and Barca appeal their transfer ban to be able to do business this summer then Everton keep all three of those.

Really, it seems more likely that the only one they might keep would be Barry.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #13806 on: April 12, 2014, 11:34:02 pm »
Of course they would have a chance. The same chance Manchester United had against Bayern Munich.

Like I said, If they can keep some of them loans or replace them, they would not be in the same bracket as Utd v Bayern. Martinez has proved this season he`s a good manager, got them playing good football, they`re on a good run at the moment and have just twatted Arsenal. They had a good start to the season, had a right fucking wobble after we twatted them in the derby  :D, have come back strong and are in touching distance and have a very realistic chance of taking fourth place.

Again, it`s fucking pointless throwing out a blanket statement they would have zero chance against against every team on that list.

Anyone got a spare hot poker, so I can stick it me left eye after praising them fuckers.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #13807 on: April 12, 2014, 11:52:55 pm »
Quite a lot of people on here just don't have a winners mentality, they wanted Chelsea to go through against PSG, as they believe there progression will somehow help us. I don't understand this mentally as we have our destiny in our own hands.   

Easy to talk about having a winner's mentality sitting behind a keyboard.  If Hazard and Cahill do their hamstrings in Madrid it will help us. That's good enough for me.

• Self-professed wool
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13808 on: April 12, 2014, 11:58:39 pm »
Like I said, If they can keep some of them loans or replace them, they would not be in the same bracket as Utd v Bayern. Martinez has proved this season he`s a good manager, got them playing good football, they`re on a good run at the moment and have just twatted Arsenal. They had a good start to the season, had a right fucking wobble after we twatted them in the derby  :D, have come back strong and are in touching distance and have a very realistic chance of taking fourth place.

Again, it`s fucking pointless throwing out a blanket statement they would have zero chance against against every team on that list.

Anyone got a spare hot poker, so I can stick it me left eye after praising them fuckers.

Personally, I can't see them achieving any kind of long-term success under Kenwright. I agree that Martinez is doing a good job at Everton this season, but I can't see them investing in the summer, even if they finish 4th. They would wait to see the outcome of the CL play-offs, and once they are out, it would be too late for them.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13809 on: April 13, 2014, 12:01:44 am »
Could we take a week off the mockery considering all they've done for Hillsborough? Turn the other cheek and all that...

Yep, for a few days at least.

Offline Illmatic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13810 on: April 13, 2014, 12:28:59 am »
Easy to talk about having a winner's mentality sitting behind a keyboard.  If Hazard and Cahill do their hamstrings in Madrid it will help us. That's good enough for me.

Maybe, it would help maybe it wouldn't, perhaps whoever comes in may take their chance and put in an inspired performance you just don't know. Winning teams don't get overly concerned about their opponent's because they trust their ability and have the confidence to perform to their full potential. We are more than capable of beating Chelsea at Anfield whoever they put out. 

In many ways the mentality of hoping for Everton to keep wining till they play City and Chelsea to progress in CL is understandable to a degree we haven't when the title a for a long time so many are hoping for any little bits good of fortune that may get us over line. I just think we need to be a little more positive because, as things stand we win our five games we win the title. 
Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #13811 on: April 13, 2014, 09:12:34 am »
Really, it seems more likely that the only one they might keep would be Barry.

Lukaku has already said he'd stay there if they were in the CL and they'd have the Barkley money to spend on him. Barry will probably sign on a free regardless. If Barca were able to send Deulefeu out on loan again next season why wouldn't they send him somewhere familiar with Champions League football on offer for him to develop? There's already an agreement to extend the loan by another year anyway.

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #13812 on: April 13, 2014, 09:16:03 am »
They were lucky yesterday.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #13813 on: April 13, 2014, 09:16:40 am »
Just like us all season then Max ;)

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13814 on: April 13, 2014, 09:30:55 am »
Lukaku has already said he'd stay there if they were in the CL and they'd have the Barkley money to spend on him. Barry will probably sign on a free regardless. If Barca were able to send Deulefeu out on loan again next season why wouldn't they send him somewhere familiar with Champions League football on offer for him to develop? There's already an agreement to extend the loan by another year anyway.

I thought Barca would take Deul back following their transfer embargo.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #13815 on: April 13, 2014, 09:45:53 am »
I thought Barca would take Deul back following their transfer embargo.

They have to but they're going to appeal it. That'll be a long process which will enable them to do business over the summer. It's all dependent on Barca appealing the decision and with them needing to sign a new centre back and a goalkeeper this summer there's no doubt they will.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13816 on: April 13, 2014, 09:54:47 am »
No.

my lad went to the same primary school as him . barkley is deffo a blue. always wore everton kits on own clothes days
Thought  he was a blue.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13817 on: April 13, 2014, 09:59:07 am »
They go on about all our pens but no mention from them about all these own goals they keep getting in their favour is there.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13818 on: April 13, 2014, 10:12:38 am »
They have to but they're going to appeal it. That'll be a long process which will enable them to do business over the summer. It's all dependent on Barca appealing the decision and with them needing to sign a new centre back and a goalkeeper this summer there's no doubt they will.

Can still see them taking him back mate. I think it`s two windows the embargo is in force for, they will need all bodies available.

Just had a read of Got`s Deul thread and it`s fucking hilarious. Now that he might be going back to Barca, apparently he`s shit now because he kept hold of the ball a couple of times yesterday when he could of released it.

"McGeady`s better in possession anyway, Deul can fuck right off" (words to that effect).

I shit you not  :lmao

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13819 on: April 13, 2014, 10:16:00 am »
Personally, I can't see them achieving any kind of long-term success under Kenwright. I agree that Martinez is doing a good job at Everton this season, but I can't see them investing in the summer, even if they finish 4th. They would wait to see the outcome of the CL play-offs, and once they are out, it would be too late for them.

This is the reason I'd actually quite like them to get 4th this season. They will simply never be a sustained long term threat and don't have the infrastructure to compete properly with the big boys and displace them. They'll always have a chance to be plucky underdogs for a season or two but it will never be sustained. The economics of football just won't allow it. Even if they get 4th I'd struggle to think of them as anything but rank outsiders for achieving the same position again next season.
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13820 on: April 13, 2014, 10:30:51 am »
How was the bitter support yesterday?   (Max will know)

Offline TheLiverBird

• Anny Roader
« Reply #13821 on: April 13, 2014, 10:35:21 am »
I find it very weird that Martinez finds time to appear on Sky and MOTD with regularity... it's refreshing to say the least..

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13822 on: April 13, 2014, 10:39:23 am »
I find it very weird that Martinez finds time to appear on Sky and MOTD with regularity... it's refreshing to say the least..
Where's the TV appearance money Bill?

• Self-professed wool
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13823 on: April 13, 2014, 10:41:27 am »
Lukaku has already said he'd stay there if they were in the CL and they'd have the Barkley money to spend on him.

I can't see Kenwright spending £20+ million on a single player, even if he sells Barkley.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #13824 on: April 13, 2014, 11:06:11 am »
Could we take a week off the mockery considering all they've done for Hillsborough? Turn the other cheek and all that...