Author Topic: Curtis Jones  (Read 585518 times)

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Curtis Jones
« Reply #6240 on: April 14, 2024, 10:27:49 pm »
He’s not the future really. Squad player at best, and I won’t be surprised if he will eventually look for more playing time. He’s not Klopps first choice, and I’m one of those that do like him, but he won’t be when the next manager comes in.

I don't think this is as bad a shout as people are making out. Looking at the managers who we are being linked with, it does feel like we will be moving towards a formation which favours a midfield two over a midfield three in the near future - if that is the case, Jones starting is not a given.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6241 on: April 14, 2024, 11:49:48 pm »
From what I've read, under Amorim he's probably 'second choice' behind Mac Allister for that LCM role that Morita plays for Sporting CP. Difficult to see how they both play in the same side, unless Mac Allister is considered a 6 which would be a waste.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #6242 on: April 16, 2024, 09:33:10 am »
From what I've read, under Amorim he's probably 'second choice' behind Mac Allister for that LCM role that Morita plays for Sporting CP. Difficult to see how they both play in the same side, unless Mac Allister is considered a 6 which would be a waste.

We are allowed 5 subs. This helps clubs that can rotate in game and between games. We have Macca, Elliott, Szoboslai and Jones, four excellent attacking mids which could allow for this. We are way beyond having a best 11 and this lad is going to the very very top.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6243 on: April 16, 2024, 09:40:11 am »

Doesn’t Amorim play a double pivot? Could easily see Jones, MacAllister in a double pivot.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6244 on: April 16, 2024, 10:16:54 am »
I don't think this is as bad a shout as people are making out. Looking at the managers who we are being linked with, it does feel like we will be moving towards a formation which favours a midfield two over a midfield three in the near future - if that is the case, Jones starting is not a given.

One huge thing in Jones favour is academy trained and homegrown.

Also he is a very very good player too and along with Harvey covers more ground than any other CMs.

In short any manager who sells him is an idiot.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #6245 on: April 16, 2024, 12:49:54 pm »

I see this as his future in the squad as well. I don't think him and Mac work in the same midfield, certainly not without a natural 6 with a huge engine on him, and there's only one winner there as far as I'm concerned.

That midfield on Sunday was too crabby and slow. You need someone like Szob in there with an engine to cover spaces off the ball and drive us forward with it.

Offline HomesickRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6246 on: April 16, 2024, 04:10:20 pm »
That was a shocker of a miss. Has been very poor since he came back. Hopefully, he can find his pre-injury form.

Bad miss maybe, but even had it gone in, it's nailed on that VAR would have called it back for a foul by Salah in the build up, where he nudged the defender under the ball.
Same with Alisson's wonder save in the second half, when even had it gone in, the player was clearly offside.

Half the side was knackered on Sunday and the other half coming back from injury, struggling for form and fitness.
At the start of the season if anyone offered us third place, two points behind the leader with 6 games to play, we'd have taken it like a shot.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 04:14:04 pm by HomesickRed »

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6247 on: April 16, 2024, 05:22:05 pm »
I see this as his future in the squad as well. I don't think him and Mac work in the same midfield, certainly not without a natural 6 with a huge engine on him, and there's only one winner there as far as I'm concerned.

That midfield on Sunday was too crabby and slow. You need someone like Szob in there with an engine to cover spaces off the ball and drive us forward with it.

Jones Mac and a number 6 who is a great athlete, in the future.

As of now he has to be alongside Mac as a starting midfielder, he's simply been better than all the other options.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6248 on: April 16, 2024, 08:33:21 pm »
He’s had a top 12 months and established himself as a reliable first team starter. The injuries are killing his development as every time he gets going he gets another injury.

He’s someone who seems to need a run in the team to get back to peak form. Clearly he’s not there yet but the way some people write him off is really disappointing. He was consistently one of our best players this season before this latest setback. Rotten luck for him personally and for the team as a whole.