Author Topic: S.L. Benfica QF 2022  (Read 28493 times)

Offline Red210

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: S.L. Benfica QF 2022
« Reply #280 on: April 6, 2022, 02:20:47 pm »
Then you get put on the metro which doesn’t stop at any stations and then none running back.  We let away fans out with no hold in and not frisked by stewards who go well beyond acceptable standards that seem the norm for our fans!!

Agree on both those points, luckily I managed to get away before getting ushered into the metro (in that bit when we were being paraded along the street in front of the shops). So I could walk back to the hotel from there. But by then was the wrong side of the stadium so had to walk back around the stadium concorse, no problems at all of course with the few Benfica fans left.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #281 on: April 6, 2022, 02:41:18 pm »
The individual police officers were fine I found, it was the police policy that was wrong. It makes no sense, you can mingle freely going to the ground, I walked the half hour from my hotel together with loads of Benfica fans - then afterwards we get held captive for an hour+ for no reason. The club should try to do something about it, but not sure they care that much.

Getting sick of netting too - shouldn't really have a place in the 21st century. In any other sport people wouldn't put up with it.
The crowd we were in were held by police just before the ticket check. 30 minute wait right up to and beyond kick-off....then let through with one poor fella minding his own business, smashed with a baton by one copper. No reason on earth for that behavior.....fucking scum.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: April 6, 2022, 03:10:41 pm »
Absolutely ridiculous carry on, we got in early so had no issues there but leaving was a joke

Could've sworn we were at Juventus away or something... Benfica fans are sound and we were mingling with them around the ground before the game no problem

Being forced to go to basically to the end of the line on the metro was unbelievable

Offline gravy red

• Kopite
« Reply #283 on: April 6, 2022, 03:37:56 pm »
It’s not the first and won’t be the last, getting kept in like a pack of hounds. But it won’t change, been going on far too long. Also the Portuguese police are desperate for a kick off, they do like to usher us around with a baton along the back of the legs.
On a different note, I can just about forget last nights long long wait as we are sitting on a peer by cable car with sun beaming down…so as much as I like tge German beer , I would rather the Spanish sunshine next time (please). Been far to long what with Covid.
YNWA  ;D

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: April 6, 2022, 03:43:06 pm »
Shit show getting in and even worse leaving. And the c*nt who headbutted and punched another fan because he wasn't happy with him skipping the queue is a fucking c*nt. Same goes for the little wankers abusing him and calling him a wool. Biggest prick of all was the little c*nt who also punched him. Acting billy big bollox with his mates around. Cowards punch.

Offline RedSue

• Anny Roader
« Reply #285 on: April 6, 2022, 05:03:07 pm »
Shit show getting in and even worse leaving. And the c*nt who headbutted and punched another fan because he wasn't happy with him skipping the queue is a fucking c*nt. Same goes for the little wankers abusing him and calling him a wool. Biggest prick of all was the little c*nt who also punched him. Acting billy big bollox with his mates around. Cowards punch.

Not sure if same incident, but bloke came in behind us saying he’d head butted a bloke who had a copy of his ticket - asked him for it and where he’d got it but bloke tried moving away so collared him. No idea if also punched but could be the reason and they were contacting club because they’d picked ticket up at 3:00pm and not given to anyone.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: April 6, 2022, 07:30:48 pm »
If the metro went to the end how did people get back to hotels?

Offline gravy red

• Kopite
« Reply #287 on: April 6, 2022, 07:42:07 pm »
If the metro went to the end how did people get back to hotels?

Went to platform on other side then back again (unattended)

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: April 6, 2022, 07:48:01 pm »
Oh! (Thought I read someone say it was closed). Must have dreamt that bit!

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: April 6, 2022, 07:52:16 pm »
The crowd we were in were held by police just before the ticket check. 30 minute wait right up to and beyond kick-off....then let through with one poor fella minding his own business, smashed with a baton by one copper. No reason on earth for that behavior.....fucking scum.

Dark grey jacket? Could have been me that.

We waited ages then let us through, but there was a bit of a surge and I got pushed into the police line, I couldn't do anything or go anywhere else. At first I thought they were just going to let me through between 2 of them, but one started swinging at me.
Bit of a blur, but just covered me head, and tried to move left, which left my ribs open for him to swing the baton at. Got a huge baton sized bruise down my side this morning.

Once through the line a suited guy and a uniformed officer took me to one side, I thought it was going to get worse and I was to be thrown out. But they said they saw what happened and wanted to apologise to me and on behalf of the Lisbon police.

I was a bit shocked through the first half and tried to find a LFC steward to report it to, but could not find one. Found one official from the club and was just told to send an email

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: April 6, 2022, 09:14:38 pm »
Not sure if same incident, but bloke came in behind us saying he’d head butted a bloke who had a copy of his ticket - asked him for it and where he’d got it but bloke tried moving away so collared him. No idea if also punched but could be the reason and they were contacting club because they’d picked ticket up at 3:00pm and not given to anyone.

I doubt it and certainly not what transpired. c*nt had long back hair. Was directly in front of their stewards too and they did fuck all.

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: April 6, 2022, 09:16:48 pm »

We waited ages then let us through, but there was a bit of a surge and I got pushed into the police line, I couldn't do anything or go anywhere else. At first I thought they were just going to let me through between 2 of them, but one started swinging at me.
Bit of a blur, but just covered me head, and tried to move left, which left my ribs open for him to swing the baton at. Got a huge baton sized bruise down my side this morning.

Once through the line a suited guy and a uniformed officer took me to one side, I thought it was going to get worse and I was to be thrown out. But they said they saw what happened and wanted to apologise to me and on behalf of the Lisbon police.

I was a bit shocked through the first half and tried to find a LFC steward to report it to, but could not find one. Found one official from the club and was just told to send an email

Hope you're okay. They sould have pulling the copper over too!

Patience would have been wearing very thin for many with the post match shambles had we lost, thankfully we won in that regard.

Offline russmills10

• Main Stander
  • Kopite
« Reply #292 on: April 6, 2022, 10:40:43 pm »
Hope all yous are alright after last night - sounds like a shite experience. Me n my mate got to the ground at 7 and let in 20 mins later thankfully but absolute disgrace that so many missed kick off. Hope the club hears about this and gives UEFA a kick up the backside. And the fact waiting over an hour after the game has become the norm and expected for us English fans says a lot about the state of policing us abroad- boss game and stadium nonetheless and great atmosphere in the square yesterday afternoon

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: April 7, 2022, 08:51:30 am »

Unless there were others that was one of our lads , good job he’s a big lad as he has a terrible mark on his upper thigh , said when everyone started pushing he stood still as he knew he would be targeted due to his size . Said a copper just pulled the baton and right across his leg , started asking why he’d done it then another copper stepped in and removed the copper who had hit him to the side and give him a bollocking , one of the LFC stewards said they had seen it and report it , Fat lot of good that would do

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #294 on: April 7, 2022, 09:15:18 am »
Treated like shit before and after the game at the ground, completely over the top.

Chaos at Lisbon airport coming in as well. Packed, long queue, shitty barrier system, low on staff - it was a free for all and a few heated debates. Took 1 hour and 40 to get through.

Ticket collection was great. In and out within 5 minutes.

Up the reds
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: April 7, 2022, 11:48:33 am »
Thought Lisbon was lovely and the people were very friendly. Great trip marred a little by the travel chaos (cancelled flights), queues at passport control (I swear the border forces agents were on lunch) and aggressive policing with little stewarding. Still those bits will fade, great result especially looking at some of the other........
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #296 on: April 7, 2022, 12:47:42 pm »

So sorry this happened mate. Sounds awful. I thought they were heavy handed in Seville, but this is another level. Hope you ok Craig.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #297 on: April 7, 2022, 12:53:53 pm »
I hope the lads that got belted by police batons are OK - and that it didn't spoil the game or trip too much for yous. It did leave a bit of a nasty taste for me after what was a great trip and like others have said a lovely city and nice people generally.

Offline annasfield

• Anny Roader
« Reply #298 on: April 7, 2022, 01:21:59 pm »

Hiya Craig, if you contact SOS or DM me on here, I’ll make sure your report goes through.

Offline gravy red

• Kopite
« Reply #299 on: April 7, 2022, 09:07:05 pm »
Lisbon to Stanstead flight was supposed to be 20-55 delayed until 23-10 (earliest estimated time)  :no. There a few Reds about fir this flight as well

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: April 8, 2022, 01:09:33 am »
Lisbon to Stanstead flight was supposed to be 20-55 delayed until 23-10 (earliest estimated time)  :no. There a few Reds about fir this flight as well

Was delayed Wednesday as well. If you miss the last train from Stansted into Liv Street, the airbus was actually pretty quick.
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline vlademer17

• Main Stander
« Reply #301 on: April 8, 2022, 12:36:48 pm »
We flew from Lisbon to Nantes yesterday at 10am which was 5 minutes early.
But than connection flight to Manchester was meant to be 5pm but left only at 8:35pm and once landed in Manchester waited over an hour on runway before could leave.
Got home at 11pm.

Our flight made headway from Nantes but was 3 hours and 4 minutes late so bring that compensation will pay for next European away.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: April 10, 2022, 02:42:51 pm »
I went on the tour on Thursday and spoke with the guide about the policing. He said the police were spooked over some incidents with Ajax fans so have ramped it up ever since then. Just completely unnecessary really.

I got off at the station after the one most people did and walked around the ground. Was a security cordon between their fans. I told a Police officer I was a Liverpool fan and he let me go past. Literally just walked up the steps into the ground... nobody even checked my ticket, bizarre.

Also, they seemed to usher everyone into one block in the first half. Block 23 (IIRC) was dangerously packed on the stairwells for parts of that half.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 02:47:42 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline Allezallezallez10

• Kemlynite
« Reply #303 on: April 11, 2022, 06:32:23 pm »
police where a joke before & after....stop/start going back to the metro what a joke....then dropping you off at the end of the line!
couldnt wait for someone to be out of line!
heavy handed as in seville.
most benfica fans are LFC fans anyway(english team) & we had no problems wherever we went.
stopped off Rossio so everything was easy to get to.

went faro route so missed the lisbon issues.

great result.....hate the netting in grounds.