Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3438573 times)

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: SolSeks is STILL the manager of Manchester United!!
« Reply #25840 on: April 17, 2019, 11:44:47 am »
He is a bum, a no mark, an absolute nothing as a coach and as a manager.
But how do you really feel about him?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25841 on: April 17, 2019, 11:51:57 am »
Oh do they have some rebuilding to do, and that without seemingly having any footballing identity. What type of players should they look for, and into what system? Never mind though, they'll just buy a couple of big names with plenty of marketing potential.

That's my guess anyway.

What a mess. Long may it continue.

edit emphasis added

Its incredible the money they need to spend. Their keepers heart isnt in it so they should flog him and at best Shaw is the only one in that backline you would persist with. Maybe Lindelof as well.

In midfield their is not a single player bar Pogba, who also seems to want out, that is of decent quality anymore, let alone top quality. Their only saving grace is their forward line and that is of players who are still not proven consistently.

You are talking about a side that probably needs 6 or so players in the summer and thats if De Gea and Pogba dont leave. They need to start thinking about a long term plan because they are not competing for anything next season.

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25842 on: April 17, 2019, 12:15:25 pm »
This thread is beautiful. Somehow and I don't know why, I now am seeing so much similarity between Moyes and Ole. Was this similarity always there, or is it the Man U hot seat that makes every manager look like Moyes now.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #25843 on: April 17, 2019, 12:20:54 pm »
I think a lot of United fans knew Moyseh wasn’t right but kept quiet initially because Fergie picked him.

With Oleh he’s seen as bringing a bit of the old guard back and his new manager bounce did him no harm, which earned him a lot of leeway from United fans when really the warning signs have always been there... some are already starting to see that!

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25844 on: April 17, 2019, 12:27:31 pm »
Its incredible the money they need to spend. Their keepers heart isnt in it so they should flog him and at best Shaw is the only one in that backline you would persist with. Maybe Lindelof as well.

In midfield their is not a single player bar Pogba, who also seems to want out, that is of decent quality anymore, let alone top quality. Their only saving grace is their forward line and that is of players who are still not proven consistently.

You are talking about a side that probably needs 6 or so players in the summer and thats if De Gea and Pogba dont leave. They need to start thinking about a long term plan because they are not competing for anything next season.
So depending how it goes, that's 6-8 starting XI caliber players to be recruited, with no room to mistakes while at it. I don't see how they could pull it off in any near future, as they don't seem to know what system they play. For sure there's no Man United system, it is just the whims of the latest manager in charge.

So again, I don't see how'd they do it. In three, four years, if they are systematic, if their recruits are spot on, maybe then.

Likely though, they are into their second manager after Solskjaer by then instead.
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25845 on: April 17, 2019, 12:31:05 pm »

So again, I don't see how'd they do it. In three, four years, if they are systematic, if their recruits are spot on, maybe then.

Precisely. It's taken Klopp 3 and a bit years, and almost no misses in the transfer market, to get us where we are now which is where united want to be. So you're looking at 2022/23 as a realistic timeframe for them to be doing what we're doing. That's if it goes well.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
« Reply #25846 on: April 17, 2019, 12:32:35 pm »
The honeymoon is well and truly over. Red cafe hate all their players again. Fantastic  ;D

;D haha

And remember this was them not that long ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6bbKoUF6R0

That poor Liverpool fan having to listen to that delusional shite.

I wouldn't take a single player of theirs.  ;D

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25847 on: April 17, 2019, 12:33:09 pm »
So depending how it goes, that's 6-8 starting XI caliber players to be recruited, with no room to mistakes while at it. I don't see how they could pull it off in any near future, as they don't seem to know what system they play. For sure there's no Man United system, it is just the whims of the latest manager in charge.

Likely though, they are into their second manager after Solskjaer by then instead.

Of course they cannot pull that off. Its impractical to think they will be able to do that.

They should focus on 4 or 5 players this summer with a similar amount the following summer whilst they turnover a load of players. Like I said, its a long term project there anyone thinking they are a proper challenger next season is deluded.

Even if they sign 2 or 3 world class players they are still not going to win the league. They are paying the price of years of shite transfer strategy.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25848 on: April 17, 2019, 12:34:28 pm »
Precisely. It's taken Klopp 3 and a bit years, and almost no misses in the transfer market, to get us where we are now which is where united want to be. So you're looking at 2022/23 as a realistic timeframe for them to be doing what we're doing. That's if it goes well.

Need a manager of Klopps ability first though ;)
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25849 on: April 17, 2019, 12:37:46 pm »
If it goes well indeed. Add to the quotation the calibre of players they'd need would be seriously sought after by the current leading teams across the continent. So likely to go somewhere else instead.

I mean, if there's one man who could've overhauled their team quickly, with short term success against big investments to pay for it, that was Mourinho. And even he failed utterly and miserably, at the end of the day.
The Boy from Brazil!
Float like Papillon

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25850 on: April 17, 2019, 12:38:37 pm »
And got really lucky against west ham. Hilarious till you realise you need them to beat scrape a turgid 0-0 vs city. Typical.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #25851 on: April 17, 2019, 12:39:46 pm »
The massive issue they have is their two decent players, in their eyes, in de Gea and Pogba, both want massive new contracts which will put them on (near) parity with Sanchez.

I imagine the club would happily sell the latter but on the deal he’s on I doubt he’s going anywhere without one huge payoff. He’s got 3 years left on a £500k a week deal, so there’s £78m right there.

So they’ll end up giving massive deals to keep de Gea and Pogba.

This will then mean any new player they go after, especially if they don’t qualify for the CL, will demand massive deals too or they’ll go to one of the many better sides around.

They are a money making machine but they don’t have an endless pot of cash, and to get them up to the level of ourselves or City they really need to find 5 or 6 top top quality players. There is no way they’ll do that over anything less than 2 seasons (and that’s with perfect recruitment), which means they will also have to hope they can keep hold of the decent players they have/find.

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25852 on: April 17, 2019, 12:40:48 pm »
Of course they cannot pull that off. Its impractical to think they will be able to do that.

They should focus on 4 or 5 players this summer with a similar amount the following summer whilst they turnover a load of players. Like I said, its a long term project there anyone thinking they are a proper challenger next season is deluded.

Even if they sign 2 or 3 world class players they are still not going to win the league. They are paying the price of years of shite transfer strategy.
Long term strategy and Man United don't go together though, do they. There's a reason there's already a "STILL" added to the topic title  :)
The Boy from Brazil!
Float like Papillon

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25853 on: April 17, 2019, 12:41:01 pm »
Lukaku.....yeah he was also a 90m purchase (ok some funny math for agent fees).

Remember when he and Pogbart were laughing it up on vacation in the hot tub?

Pogbart: Hey RoLo - come play on Manche$ter United with me.

RoLo: Thinking Chelsea - as they know how to utilize a lumbering oaf of a center back.

Pogbart: No No No - come to united, you don't have to train, or be fit - have you seen Luke Shaw? All you gotta do is score a few goals and their moron supporters will love you.

RoLo: Hmmm.....Hang on...that's Mino Raiola.....Oh wow!....I'm signing for United! For 90m!

Pogbart: *DAB DAB DAB DAB* Jose your days are numbered.

RoLo: Where's the cake??
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 12:46:45 pm by newterp »

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
« Reply #25854 on: April 17, 2019, 12:41:10 pm »

It's amazing to think he put together our amazing front three for just under £97m. Each of them individually would be worth more than that now.

Plus Robbo for £8m and TAA from our youth system.

Five first teamers for around £105m combined. :o

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #25855 on: April 17, 2019, 12:43:36 pm »
Wasn't David Moyes original contract supposed to run out after this season is over? :lmao :lmao
#Sausages

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25856 on: April 17, 2019, 12:43:46 pm »
If it goes well indeed. Add to the quotation the calibre of players they'd need would be seriously sought after by the current leading teams across the continent. So likely to go somewhere else instead.

And, again, attracting those players is a fucking hell of a lot harder if they're playing spartak vladikavkaz on a thursday night. So any idea that United can now roll over and let city tickle their bellies is laughable.

I think those chickens came home to roost last night for a lot of united fans. They're staring down the barrel of city eclipsing their greatest ever achievement and I think between that and the thought of city celebrating this in their own back yard there's that little bit more will to make something of that fixture. Whether they can is a different question however, given they're complete dogshit.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #25857 on: April 17, 2019, 01:11:22 pm »
Did I just read this right?

Solskjaer received an odd gift after the defeat... the stick fans in Kenya is supposed to bring him luck.

While it did not work for United against Barcelona, Solskjaer accepted the gift and was then asked if there is anything he would like to say to the Kenyan fans.

I don't know why I found this funny, but I found it hilarious.

Continually on 11,420.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25858 on: April 17, 2019, 01:16:48 pm »

What's next? Voodoo dolls?  ;D
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #25859 on: April 17, 2019, 01:23:12 pm »
What's next? Voodoo dolls?  ;D

Moyes had laps, Gunnar has his stick.

Fully expecting to see him walking around the training ground, stick in-hand.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #25860 on: April 17, 2019, 01:30:26 pm »
Thursday nights Thursday nights Man United
Thursday nights Thursday nights I say
Thursday nights Thursday nights Man United
Playing Bate Borosov away! 😁
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25861 on: April 17, 2019, 01:35:04 pm »
Brilliant they won all those games, brilliant that he signed a contract, brilliant they miss out on a top class manager.

Hope they enjoy their boss who isn’t their boss because he thinks there’s another boss. Now he’s taking Fergie along to motivate HIS guys. He’s old now, had a serious operation and recovery and wouldn’t have the effect he had as manager. 

This is brilliant, hope Pogba takes the parking bay

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #25862 on: April 17, 2019, 01:36:19 pm »
Bale will go here. So obvious.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25863 on: April 17, 2019, 01:39:48 pm »

Oh it's true. I'm calling it now, we're going to have more fun with Oleh that we ever had during the golden era of Moyes.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25864 on: April 17, 2019, 01:40:08 pm »
It's 100% real, they can't afford new training gear.

Did you not see the press conference before their Barcelona game?

I'm gonna get one of them PS2's bet they're fucking boss ;D

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #25865 on: April 17, 2019, 01:46:49 pm »
Good to hear ESPN pundits ripping them apart after all the "unlucky" crap on BT.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zP3HSQgXU-k" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zP3HSQgXU-k</a>

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #25866 on: April 17, 2019, 01:47:57 pm »
Oh it's true. I'm calling it now, we're going to have more fun with Oleh that we ever had during the golden era of Moyes.

That looks like a shit stick - mistranslation from 'the stick'?
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25867 on: April 17, 2019, 02:09:41 pm »
Can we find a picture of Sanchez' dirty sanchez? Looked like he drew it on with a biro pen before he came on.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25868 on: April 17, 2019, 02:13:51 pm »
Dare I say it but I think he'll get his first season with no pressure to get top 4 according to the fans.

It's insane to think that not only have they given him the job but I reckon the board will simply write off next season anyway and look to get 3 transfer windows in to allow him to get his targets and build something in the "united way".

This thread will run a while.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25869 on: April 17, 2019, 02:19:07 pm »
Dare I say it but I think he'll get his first season with no pressure to get top 4 according to the fans.

It's insane to think that not only have they given him the job but I reckon the board will simply write off next season anyway and look to get 3 transfer windows in to allow him to get his targets and build something in the "united way".

This thread will run a while.

Town if he gets that, I'm buying.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25870 on: April 17, 2019, 02:33:30 pm »
This thread is beautiful. Somehow and I don't know why, I now am seeing so much similarity between Moyes and Ole. Was this similarity always there, or is it the Man U hot seat that makes every manager look like Moyes now.
Moyes was at least credible in his job. Ole? He'll get them relegated, and that's not hyperbole.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #25871 on: April 17, 2019, 02:35:23 pm »
Letter on F365 this morning worrying that Utd are entering their 'Souness period'. Entering?

Surely the Moyes era was their Souness period, then they powered right through the Van Gaal 'Evans' period (domestic cup win) and the Mourinho 'Houllier' period (European/Domestic cup wins). Now Ole's going to kick off their Benitez period, by winning the Champions League in his first... oh.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #25872 on: April 17, 2019, 02:38:41 pm »
Ashley Young getting unreal amounts of abuse on twitter from utd fans.

There's been some appalling racist remarks as well. Hope all those accounts are dealt with.

They're concentrating on the build up to the first goal, watch Young in this clip:

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/apdmxa
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #25873 on: April 17, 2019, 02:41:40 pm »
They're becoming more bitter than the Bitters across the park.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #25874 on: April 17, 2019, 02:49:49 pm »
Wasn't David Moyes original contract supposed to run out after this season is over? :lmao :lmao

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aTVspy43xxI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aTVspy43xxI</a>
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #25875 on: April 17, 2019, 02:53:04 pm »
Letter on F365 this morning worrying that Utd are entering their 'Souness period'. Entering?

Surely the Moyes era was their Souness period, then they powered right through the Van Gaal 'Evans' period (domestic cup win) and the Mourinho 'Houllier' period (European/Domestic cup wins). Now Ole's going to kick off their Benitez period, by winning the Champions League in his first... oh.

Brian Clough -> Frank Clark -> Stuart Pearce -> Dave Bassett -> Micky Adams -> Ron Atkinson period...

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25876 on: April 17, 2019, 02:56:23 pm »
All empires crumble, the fact that these fuckers and the media in this country haven't realised it or don't want is the funny part.  ;D

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25877 on: April 17, 2019, 02:58:38 pm »
Young has been the scapegoat for a about a month.

And there's me thinking it was a team game.

Offline exCite

• Anny Roader
  • Form Is Temporary, Class Is Permanent.
« Reply #25878 on: April 17, 2019, 03:06:31 pm »
The fact that Ole got the job is absolutely beautiful.

I'm just thinking how it's possible that we didn't win against this shower.
We Remember them with pride,
Those mighty reds of Shankly's side.
And Kenny's boys of '88,
There's never been a side so great.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25879 on: April 17, 2019, 03:07:28 pm »
The fact that Ole got the job is absolutely beautiful.

I'm just thinking how it's possible that we didn't win against this shower.

We'll be getting plenty of wins against them in the future!