Author Topic: Triathlons  (Read 32704 times)

Offline AA1122

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You will look down and the tea will be gone.
Re: Triathlons
« Reply #200 on: August 21, 2016, 05:12:15 pm »
Plan for Bala Tri has gone out of the window today, just didn't feel comfortable in the ebb and flow of the water. A little choppy, but nothing that should have stopped me. Will have another go later this week, but got a lot on that takes away from training this week. The plan for the swim now is just to survive! Felt like a twig at the whim of the water. Need way more open water practice.

On the plus side, water was a lot warmer than expected and at least I have more idea of what to expect on the day.
All around you walls are tumbling down. Stop staring at the ground.

Offline AA1122

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: August 21, 2016, 07:04:02 pm »
How was today's tri Jay? See you've ticked off yet another! Making it look easy! Well done.

Offline Jay797

• Kopite
  • We must all at least Tri
« Reply #202 on: August 21, 2016, 10:34:47 pm »
Plan for Bala Tri has gone out of the window today, just didn't feel comfortable in the ebb and flow of the water. A little choppy, but nothing that should have stopped me. Will have another go later this week, but got a lot on that takes away from training this week. The plan for the swim now is just to survive! Felt like a twig at the whim of the water. Need way more open water practice.

On the plus side, water was a lot warmer than expected and at least I have more idea of what to expect on the day.
Why what happened matey? I presume you had a wetsuit on? Is Bala a river or lake swim?
I must admit though I am a crappy nervous open water swimmer & there only needs to be a little chop of 6in or so & its enough to cover your face whilst swimming, which I don't like!! Blithfield Tri was the choppiest I've swam in & I very nearly got out before I got 200m!!    :o
Still go for it & just breaststroke to calm yourself down, you won't be the only one, & get your breathing right & then try & get back into it. Even if you swim it half & half it still swimming it!  ;)   You'll soon catch & take a load of folk as soon as it comes to the run!!   ;)

My race this morning was a little slower than last years time but it was for everyone as it was pretty windy out there today, even the run was quite bad at times into the wind! Trouble is my swim is costing me big time  :no  the 400m swim inc a 200m(ish) run to transition took me 8.30mins!! Well I need to take a good minute off that if I want to compete at the top end of my age group!!  Oh & I had some bloody woman do a tumble turn practically right over me as I got to the far end of the pool, well to say I was pissed off is an understatement!!  :no :no

I finished 20th overall & 4th in my age group

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: August 22, 2016, 07:05:38 am »
Is 4th in your age group not 'the top end'? :D Well done!

Bala is a big lake in Wales.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Jay797

• Kopite
« Reply #204 on: August 22, 2016, 05:22:10 pm »
Is 4th in your age group not 'the top end'? :D Well done!   Thanks    :wave

Bala is a big lake in Wales.     And thanks   ;D

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: August 22, 2016, 05:28:49 pm »

:D

I know what you mean though, you always want to do a bit better and keep pushing!

I have a question for you tri people, how do you fit training for three sports into one week? I really struggle to fit all the things i want to do and i don't even train for anything!
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline AA1122

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: August 22, 2016, 09:16:06 pm »
I have a question for you tri people, how do you fit training for three sports into one week? I really struggle to fit all the things i want to do and i don't even train for anything!

I don't! Never enough time to do it for me it seems, and I'm a casual. My 'plan' (which never happens) is big bike ride on a Sunday, plus one smaller during the week. One open water swim session per week, plus a morning or evening session at the leisure centre before or after work.  Running again, try and get in one long run a week, plus lunchtime runs at work or shorter ones when I can. In reality, life gets in the way and I rarely get through it all. More committed people do it all though, kudos to them. I'm lucky as I have few responsibilities apart from my job now which makes it easier. Just laziness stops me now!

About an hour open water tonight, so much easier when the water is still. Haha.

Offline Jay797

• Kopite
« Reply #207 on: August 22, 2016, 10:10:49 pm »
I too struggle really badly to get my sessions in! Luckily my wife is a couch potato & I can do as I please to a large extent!  ;D Afterall boys do need their hobbys don't we?  :P
Anyway I try to Swim Monday eve, Wednesday morning & Friday night, but the Friday session does get dropped a few times.  :o  10mile TT on a Thursday night (sometimes). I sometimes try to do at least a 20mile bike ride (which I know is not enough) on a Wednesday evening or go for a steady run! I'll run on Tuesday if I'm not going to on Wednesday & the weekend I'll try & do some interval work or a harder brick session. It's all a bit of a  mis-mash for me really & I'm not at all surprised I'm as shite as I am at it!  :(     I feel like I got into to this too late in life & obviously not getting any younger but its something to do eh? :wave

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: August 22, 2016, 10:25:34 pm »
Cheers both, it's nice to know it's the same for everyone. I like to go ride my bike in the morning, but quite often can't get out of bed, and then I'm annoyed with myself later.... ;D

Was hoping you had the magic motivation idea to keep on top of it all ;D

Oh and Jay, you seem to be doing quite well for starting late in life! I guess part of the frustrating thing is that you know that if you'd done the same when you were younger, you could've done even better...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 10:48:34 pm by redbyrdz »

Offline Jay797

• Kopite
« Reply #209 on: August 22, 2016, 11:21:34 pm »
Cheers both, it's nice to know it's the same for everyone. I like to go ride my bike in the morning, but quite often can't get out of bed, and then I'm annoyed with myself later.... ;D

Was hoping you had the magic motivation idea to keep on top of it all ;D

Oh and Jay, you seem to be doing quite well for starting late in life! I guess part of the frustrating thing is that you know that if you'd done the same when you were younger, you could've done even better...
Ahh you're right there Julie, I could cry at the thought sometimes really!  :(    Trouble is, when you look back on your life, its all ifs & buts though isn't it?

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: August 23, 2016, 08:09:16 am »
It is. Was thinking the other day that i used to cycle to school every day on my crappy road bike when i was 15 and it never once occured to me that that was a sport ;D

Glad there is so much interest in age group competitions these days though, for a while it seemed to me like once you hit 35 you're done, sport clubs aren't interested in you anmore and all you can do is 'fitness' or play golf.

Offline AA1122

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: August 23, 2016, 04:49:31 pm »
It is. Was thinking the other day that i used to cycle to school every day on my crappy road bike when i was 15 and it never once occured to me that that was a sport ;D

Thinking about it, I used to do a paper-round before and after school (normal papers morning, Liverpool Echo afternoon) on a cheap BMX style bike. Remember falling off in the ice (the one thing I'm good at with bikes) and one day I fell asleep for what felt like 5 minutes, thought 'shit, I'm late for school', turns out it was about 5pm, 'shit I'm late for the Echo round'. Exhausted. Didn't last long after that, think even my parents realised it was no good for me. All for about £8 a week it was. Used to kill me. Slave labour them paper rounds were.

Offline AA1122

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: August 29, 2016, 01:05:07 pm »
Conditions were perfect yesterday for Wirral, very little wind and the lake was almost perfectly still. Body was a little stiff after playing football on Friday, but that was only a minor gripe. Lost my timing chip in transition, so they took my watch time.

Off in the second wave, was pretty comfortable in that group, probably around the middle of it, a few of the first wave dropped back into us. Got out pretty easy, swim split was 14:56, the only official split I have. Wetsuit leg was snagging a bit as I tried to pull it off, applied force and lost the chip, didn’t notice until the bike.

Bike was good, didn’t seem to tire too much. Strong enough up the short hills and knew the roads well enough to descend down them quite quickly. According to the watch averaged 19.4 mph, which is quick by my poor biking standards. Good thing was the feeling that I kept making up places, taking people on the hills and descents. The polar opposite to Southport when I kept getting dropped on the bike.

Into the run, ran the 5k (a little short of that according to the watch) in 17:53. Bizarrely the watch wouldn’t upload my last multisport activity. Again, made up loads of places in the run, but this is my strongest leg.

Finished 35th, not bothered at all about that, just happy with a solid event after not being so sure of my condition on Saturday.

Would really recommend the event to anyone starting out or even more seasoned athletes. Really friendly atmosphere. Well organised with plenty of volunteers. Open roads but that’s no big deal. Nice medal, neck-scarf thing and t-shirt too. Big thanks to everyone involved.

Just got to survive my swim at Bala next week and hopefully more of the same!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 01:30:57 pm by AA1122 »

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: August 30, 2016, 06:03:01 pm »
Great report, sounds like it went well!

Offline Jay797

• Kopite
« Reply #214 on: September 4, 2016, 09:30:56 pm »
Conditions were perfect yesterday for Wirral, very little wind and the lake was almost perfectly still. Body was a little stiff after playing football on Friday, but that was only a minor gripe. Lost my timing chip in transition, so they took my watch time.

Off in the second wave, was pretty comfortable in that group, probably around the middle of it, a few of the first wave dropped back into us. Got out pretty easy, swim split was 14:56, the only official split I have. Wetsuit leg was snagging a bit as I tried to pull it off, applied force and lost the chip, didn’t notice until the bike.

Bike was good, didn’t seem to tire too much. Strong enough up the short hills and knew the roads well enough to descend down them quite quickly. According to the watch averaged 19.4 mph, which is quick by my poor biking standards. Good thing was the feeling that I kept making up places, taking people on the hills and descents. The polar opposite to Southport when I kept getting dropped on the bike.

Into the run, ran the 5k (a little short of that according to the watch) in 17:53. Bizarrely the watch wouldn’t upload my last multisport activity. Again, made up loads of places in the run, but this is my strongest leg.

Finished 35th, not bothered at all about that, just happy with a solid event after not being so sure of my condition on Saturday.

Would really recommend the event to anyone starting out or even more seasoned athletes. Really friendly atmosphere. Well organised with plenty of volunteers. Open roads but that’s no big deal. Nice medal, neck-scarf thing and t-shirt too. Big thanks to everyone involved.

Just got to survive my swim at Bala next week and hopefully more of the same!

That is awesome Andrew, well done matey. I bet you are well chuffed with that!  :champ :champ
Nice write up too  ;D
I lost my timing chip in the Frankfurt race I did last year too, its a bugger that's for sure!!  :-\
17:53 is a mega quick time too matey even if it was a little short, which it wont be by too much anyway, on tired triathlon legs too!!
I'm mega chuffed for you matey  :wave :wave

Offline AA1122

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: September 4, 2016, 11:18:51 pm »
That is awesome Andrew, well done matey. I bet you are well chuffed with that!  :champ :champ
Nice write up too  ;D
I lost my timing chip in the Frankfurt race I did last year too, its a bugger that's for sure!!  :-\
17:53 is a mega quick time too matey even if it was a little short, which it wont be by too much anyway, on tired triathlon legs too!!
I'm mega chuffed for you matey  :wave :wave

Was just about to ask about you as you'd not posted much activity recently. But i see you've now uploaded a bit!

Cheers, thanks very much. I realise the massive gap in standards though between some of the mere mortals and the good ones though!

Bala today was 02:32:06   
Swim 00:34:09 | T1 00:02:24 | Cycle 01:13:27 | T2 00:01:11 | Run 00:40:57

Just happy to get through the swim as I was a little unsettled at the start. Not too choppy thankfully, but still felt uneasy and had to focus on breathing and calming myself at the start. As ever, so much to improve on! 78th. But just happy to get around. Amazing seeing the speed of some of the top performers today, they're phenomenal athletes. It was an out and back so you got to see just how far ahead they were. To think the elites like the Brownlees etc. are streets ahead again is incredible.

Offline Jay797

• Kopite
« Reply #216 on: September 5, 2016, 07:38:09 pm »
Was just about to ask about you as you'd not posted much activity recently. But i see you've now uploaded a bit!

Cheers, thanks very much. I realise the massive gap in standards though between some of the mere mortals and the good ones though!

Bala today was 02:32:06   
Swim 00:34:09 | T1 00:02:24 | Cycle 01:13:27 | T2 00:01:11 | Run 00:40:57

Just happy to get through the swim as I was a little unsettled at the start. Not too choppy thankfully, but still felt uneasy and had to focus on breathing and calming myself at the start. As ever, so much to improve on! 78th. But just happy to get around. Amazing seeing the speed of some of the top performers today, they're phenomenal athletes. It was an out and back so you got to see just how far ahead they were. To think the elites like the Brownlees etc. are streets ahead again is incredible.

I've been on my jollies  ;D

2:32:06 is a very good time Andrew!! You are doing yourself a disservice there! You have got people looking at you & wishing they were as fast as you matey  :wave
What's the next one ?

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: September 5, 2016, 08:38:38 pm »
I've been on my jollies  ;D

2:32:06 is a very good time Andrew!! You are doing yourself a disservice there! You have got people looking at you & wishing they were as fast as you matey  :wave
What's the next one ?

I wish I was as fast as him in any of the three disciplines, and not even when they're all bunched together. ;D

Well done!

Offline AA1122

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: September 5, 2016, 09:47:00 pm »
Well done!
What's the next one ?

Thanks, you're both too kind!

Will need to have a think about that. Not sure whether to squeeze in another, it's unlikely now. Got lots of other things planned. Definitely want to up the distance next year though.

You have any more to go this year Jay?

Offline Jay797

• Kopite
« Reply #219 on: September 5, 2016, 11:07:56 pm »
I've got Southwell Tri (pool) next Sunday(18th)  I'm hoping to get under the hour for that but we will have to see as my swim doesn't half let me down!
There's a couple of Duathlons in October Bedford & Oulton both qualifiers, I might have a go at one of them yet?
Funnily enough I'm sort of looking forward to getting some base training in over winter now as I really want to get some miles in on my running as I'm determined to break 20min for the 5k & would love to do sub 40 for 10k too! Just have to hope I can stay injury free this next season.
I might pop over & do the Wirral Tri with you next year matey, sounds like a nice one?

Offline AA1122

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: September 5, 2016, 11:52:18 pm »
I might pop over & do the Wirral Tri with you next year matey, sounds like a nice one?

Yeah it is, water is shallow so the swim should be easier, the bike route (while undulating at points) has no major hills and enough descent to pick up and maintain speed. The run is flat as a pancake. So weather permitting and provided you don't get caught by traffic at a roundabout or something, I would imagine you would post a good time there. Should see you there if so.

Offline Jay797

• Kopite
« Reply #221 on: September 19, 2016, 08:50:30 pm »
Well I only went & cocked up my bloody swim again didn't I!!!!!!!   :no :no :no
I swam 450m instead of 400m! I must learn how to count when under pressure in the pool, when I'm overtaking someone & being overtaken myself at the same time it just throws me right out & I lose track of everything >:(  I even looked at my watch when I thought I'd done & it said 375m & I wasn't quite sure if it was right or not so did two more! I'd sooner do two too many than do too few!
Anyway I missed out on the hour by 26secs   :no :no
I finished 38th overall & 4th in my age group. The winner of my age group did 58:39 which is very doable for me if I can sort my bloody swim out!
Er well onto the next one

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: September 19, 2016, 09:35:41 pm »
That must be well annoying! Still a good race and you must have been good to focus in the bike after that!

Can you not set laps on your watch, or is it not accurate enough for the pool?

Offline Jay797

• Kopite
« Reply #223 on: September 20, 2016, 07:15:24 pm »
That must be well annoying! Still a good race and you must have been good to focus in the bike after that!

Can you not set laps on your watch, or is it not accurate enough for the pool?
Annoying is an understatement  :o
To top it off I'm not sure if I've broken my toe or not either in T1   :'(
I did look at my watch & I must have just misread it under my stress of swimming  :butt

Offline AA1122

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: September 20, 2016, 10:14:16 pm »
Sounds like a bad day at the office! At least you know you can clamp down and improve on these things. Winter soon, at least you can lay off the swimming a little!

Offline Jay797

• Kopite
« Reply #225 on: September 21, 2016, 09:35:38 pm »
I'm going to get lots of base miles in the run over winter as I'd love to break 20 & 40mins for the 5 & 10k's but I've definitely going to keep up the swim as that's the one that I feel is letting me down big time!!
What's your plans for the next season & over winter Andrew?

Offline Jay797

• Kopite
« Reply #226 on: November 1, 2016, 06:36:13 pm »
Andrew, I know its a long way off but are you considering doing the Bala tri again next year 3-09-17? It's a ETU qualifier for 2018. I'm almost certainly going for it as I'll move up an age group for that. (which saddens me as much as gives me hope!!)  :o
I'll need to preen as much info out of you before, if I do do it   :wave

Offline AA1122

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: November 6, 2016, 10:34:47 pm »
I'll need to preen as much info out of you before, if I do do it   :wave

Sorry for the late reply, I've had a busy week.

I'll probably do it. The course is pretty simple. The swim might be difficult for you on a rough day, you will definitely want a calm day with the water. Lake is quite big, temperature was alright for me, but it can get choppy. I don't know what it is, but the deeper the water, the more uneasy I feel. I would try swimming in a big lake as preparation. There's something about swimming in deeper water, my body seems to react differently to it. As long as you keep our rhythm, focus and breathing, all will be good. You've done it all before, so you know what it's like, but I would definitely prepare for the deeper water. There are a row of large yellow boys, you swim along (the left?) of them, then turn left when you get to the last one and swim right toward the one in the middle, then just swim back along the other row. The choppiness or the sun could cause trouble sighting, but it is fairly simple.

The bike is a simple out and back, closed road. Pretty smooth as it's a popular A-road. No major climbs. A decent rider like yourself should be able to use the ups and downs to your advantage. There's nothing too steep there. I felt comfortable enough, but I wouldn't say I all out 'raced' it. There are marshals on motorbikes to check for drafting. At the briefing, the guy seemed pretty authoritative and strict, atmosphere is more race-like than event-like if that makes sense.

The run is along the pavement of the same road. You run along the road, then into a caravan site, up to the end of the site, and back the way you came. If you've read reviews in magazines, I think they over dramatize the climbing a little (although I believe the course used to go out on the A4212? Which would be more challenging). Be aware, before any sprint finish, they made us run a small loop of the transition car park before going through the inflatable arch.

You can take a look at the gradients on my Strava, it was 4th September. You will be a lot quicker than me on the bike. If you get a millpond on the lake you should be in good stead. Hopefully the course stays the same. I'll try and answer any questions you have as best I can.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #228 on: December 5, 2016, 11:39:59 am »
Mate of mine did the Perth Ironman at the weekend, his first ever at the age of 46 (and i think his first ever Tri).  Finished in 10:54 (4:07 marathon time).  Not bad considering he only wore a wetsuit for the first time 6 days previous!!

Offline Jay797

• Kopite
« Reply #229 on: February 28, 2017, 10:03:06 pm »
Crilkey its been a while since I popped in here!!  :o
 How's your training getting on Andrew, hopefully everything is going to plan?
I've only entered one Tri so far this year, the Castle Howard in July which is a qualifier but I shall be entering a few more when they get a bit closer  ;D

Ziltoid, There's surprisingly quite a few crazy people that tackle an Ironman as their first Triathlon, I can't say that an Ironman is on my radar certainly not for the near future anyhow!! Are you thinking of doing one? 

Offline Jay797

• Kopite
« Reply #230 on: June 11, 2017, 04:09:09 pm »
Wow its been a while since I've posted in here again!!   :o
Well I've just completed my first Triathlon of the season, the Staunton Harold Triathlon AND yet again its the swim that has let me down!!! I panicked a little bit started breaststroking & the amount of weeds in there, I thought I was being dragged under so it was compounding the issue!  :no :no :no
One day I'll have a decent swim & not panic or have to breaststroke!
All that being said though I finished 10th overall & 4th in the 10yr age group. If they did it in the normal age groups I would have won my age group (45-49) it's quite annoying when the organisers do it in 10yr lumps, it halves their prizes though I suppose!
It kinda feels like I've dropped £10 & found £20  ;D

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: June 11, 2017, 06:40:38 pm »
Well done Jay, 10th overall is not to be sniffed at either!

Offline Jay797

• Kopite
« Reply #232 on: June 11, 2017, 08:31:22 pm »
Well done Jay, 10th overall is not to be sniffed at either!
Thanks Julie. It just shows me how much my swim is holding me back really.  :(
My mate finished 2nd overall behind a semi pro & my bike & run splits were pretty much identical bar a couple of seconds!!

Have I seen right, you're doing a bit of running now? Duathlons for you soon eh?  ;)

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: June 11, 2017, 08:36:56 pm »
Thanks Julie. It just shows me how much my swim is holding me back really.  :(
My mate finished 2nd overall behind a semi pro & my bike & run splits were pretty much identical bar a couple of seconds!!

Have I seen right, you're doing a bit of running now? Duathlons for you soon eh?  ;)

At least you know what the problem is, and what you need to do to fix it. More outdoor swimming, should be easier in summer anyway.

I only do duathlons where you have to carry a bike ;D

Nah, I only run for a bit of fitness and when the weather is too bad to ride. I never even did the 10k I was going to do, just couldn't be bothered and went out riding with mates instead. :-\

Offline Jay797

• Kopite
« Reply #234 on: August 20, 2017, 10:51:52 pm »
Well I've only gone & won my age group in my local Triathlon today!!!
It's been an interesting & eventful year so far but today is certainly a highlight for me.
I'm well chuffed!

Offline Jay797

• Kopite
« Reply #235 on: September 3, 2017, 10:06:34 pm »
Well I did the Bala Tri today & what a wet one it was too!!! It was the worse swim I've probably ever had too, it was that choppy that at least 8 competitors got dragged out by the boat whilst I was waiting for my wave to start!!  :o :o  As you can imagine, I was itching to get in there! I am very happy with my swim time considering the conditions. Transition is right next to the water & you get no time to get your head straight from the swim which meant I was so dizzy that I fell over twice & had to practically sit down to get my head together! The bike went ok & perhaps I could have pushed it a little harder but for some reason it seemed to be a headwind there & back!! ( how is that even possible?? :o) Anyway the run went pretty good really & I quite enjoyed it & literally ran with a smile on my face.
Overall pretty happy

2:26:05    175th/545 overall
Swim 32.22, T1 1.43, Bike 1:08:06, T2 0.48, Run 43.05

Offline gramck24

• Tryathlete
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: November 23, 2017, 01:26:37 pm »
Been a while since I popped in here....

What's everyone's plans for next season?

Offline Jay797

• Kopite
« Reply #237 on: December 10, 2017, 09:28:26 pm »
Well I was hoping to make my GB age group qualification for next season this year & failed miserably!!
I will probably enter a few local sprint Tri's & a couple of Oly distance ones as I'm in a new age group & hopefully place quite well in one or two of them? I'm also thinking of doing a half later on in the season but I'll see later?

Offline Roy Cropper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: December 13, 2017, 04:21:02 pm »
Main race is Bolton Ironman. Was looking to do Bala Middle as a half 5/6 weeks before Bolton, but Bala are not doing anymore tri (althoug hi have recently sen a post about a Bala Standard in July). Will most likely do Chester Deva Half as prep.
Got London Marathon in April and Liverpool Half 25/3. Anything else will be fit around those races.

Offline Jay797

• Kopite
« Reply #239 on: July 5, 2018, 11:00:13 pm »
Crikey it's been a few months since I've been in here!! I seemed to have lost my mojo this year as far as training & Tri's are concerned. I've got my first race coming up on Sat since Bala last year. It's funny (not) that since I've turned 50 I can't seemed to get any motivation & I'm really not looking forward to the race on Sat but I need to force myself & hopefully I'll get my mojo back? I'm sort of aiming to do the Sundowner Triathlon in September which is a half ironman distance as a couple of friends are doing it but I'm not sure I'm up to it??? We'll see on Sat.
Anyone else done or doing anything this year?
How did you get on Roy Cropper in your race(s)