Author Topic: Fulham FC v Liverpool FC - 12th February - k/o: ZEBRA CROSSING WEBCAM IS ON  (Read 148017 times)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
Re: Fulham FC v Liverpool FC - 12th February - k/o: 20.00
« Reply #440 on: February 10, 2014, 08:56:37 pm »
But it's exactly what is going to happen.
Calm down, stop being so....what's the word?
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #441 on: February 10, 2014, 08:57:18 pm »
If it gets called off I hope they reschedule it near the end of the season and we fucking relegate them.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #442 on: February 10, 2014, 08:58:08 pm »
Who cares when it is played.

erm...a few thousand Liverpool fans who've booked tickets transport and accommodation....and just about everyone else apart from the Fulham fans and you by the sound of it
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #443 on: February 10, 2014, 08:58:23 pm »
If it gets called off I hope they reschedule it near the end of the season and we fucking relegate them.

We should say we have warm weather training if they move it to when we don't want too
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #444 on: February 10, 2014, 08:59:05 pm »
Who cares when it is played. I hope it isn't postponed, but we'll win it regardless.

Those who have spent over 600 pounds to fly there and taken time off work, using vacation will care a lot.....

Offline Penfold78

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #445 on: February 10, 2014, 08:59:09 pm »

All.

There's a bit more to this. Yes there is a tube strike. But on top of that the civilians within the Met Police (call handlers, logistics etc) are also striking. And on top of that, the flood levels on the River Thames are going to peak Wednesday/Thursday in response to all that rain that fell many miles upstream. These are all genuine facts. Put these together and I can see why people are worried about the safety and security of the match. Annoying as that may be. We'll take a break and hammer them whenever.

Don't ask me who I work for.

Offline AFX

• Kopite
« Reply #446 on: February 10, 2014, 09:00:03 pm »
Barrett - "Ray Wilkins suggested the game could be off on Talksport this morning. I asked Liverpool & they'd heard nothing from Fulham. Not good."
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline TitanTrigger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #447 on: February 10, 2014, 09:00:05 pm »
Fucking snide Fulham gimps, hope we embarrass then whenever we play them.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #448 on: February 10, 2014, 09:00:31 pm »
Ha ha it's a shite excuse. Let them postpone the match, we'll take the 3 points and 3-0 walkover that we'll be entitled to.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #449 on: February 10, 2014, 09:02:07 pm »
It's going through, I don't give a fuck.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: February 10, 2014, 09:03:06 pm »
I thought this would be the case, mentioned it yesterday.
Ha ha it's a shite excuse. Let them postpone the match, we'll take the 3 points and 3-0 walkover that we'll be entitled to.

Can we actually get that?

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: February 10, 2014, 09:03:06 pm »

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #452 on: February 10, 2014, 09:03:43 pm »
Hope that we dont get distracted and drop the ball here.

This is a big worry, actually. You get prepared mentally for a game, already on a high, and you just want the next game to start. When it doesn't happen, the adrenaline dissipates, and it becomes hard to get back into that state of mind for the next game.

I remember coaching a U18's team a good number of years ago and we were in a cup quarter final, but the game was postponed for rain, to be played the next day. Then it didn't get played that day either, but moved to the following week. We played it, the players were flat because we couldn't recreate the buzz we were on (they'd just beaten their long-time derby rivals for the first time in years before the cup game was due to be played) and lost 4-0. The other team wasn't better than us, but they had momentum, and we lost ours.

It wouldn't surprise me to see a flat performance in the cup if this game is postponed. If the players manage to put in a good intensity against Arsenal, it will be a serious testament to Rodgers' man-management.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #453 on: February 10, 2014, 09:04:13 pm »
But what about the meat pies!*

* remember Luton shitting out of a mid week FA cup game on the day and game being cancelled  ( cos  they had a lot  of injuries) when there was a bit of snow using that as an excuse...all Peter Robinson was arsed about was all the meat pies the club had ordered

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #454 on: February 10, 2014, 09:04:17 pm »

Yep.

If they forfeit it and the League decide they have then we get a 3-0 and 3 points.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #455 on: February 10, 2014, 09:04:33 pm »
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Tonyh

• Tony get the shots in (after 7pm)
  • Legacy Fan
  • .............is the final piece of the jigsaw!
« Reply #456 on: February 10, 2014, 09:04:53 pm »
Guys, the strike was a fukn nightmare last week, and it is all well and good mentioning the Sheffield Utd game but only 10,000 turned up against a capacity of over 25,000. The strike didn't start until 8pm that evening so everybody would already have been at work or watching in the stadium when the game kicked off, and I doubt if Fulham were that fussed about getting people home.

The fact of the matter is that most Reds fans would be coming through Euston or travelling from various parts of London on the underground. Currently South West Trains and other services are also fukd because of flooding.

For those who haven't been there before Fulham is a bitch to get to when everything does work normally, let alone with a capacity crowd with a big away crowd and a tube strike in shitty weather. The buses last week were rammed so forgetting about the Fulham staff, how are our fans supposed to get there. There is no decent mainline station anywhere near and you can't just walk from Euston - it would take the whole day!

With regards to putting on extra buses etc, Fulham Palace Road is heaving on a good day, and I know that Transport for London hired in hundreds of extra buses from adjacent councils just to deal with the shirt storm called getting to work last week. It will be the same this week if not worse as some people who took it as holidays last week won't be able to this week.

This situation is shit, and it may well hurt my business too, but it is totally understandable in the circumstances and the decision now needs to be made as soon as possible.
Let's also never forget the 39!

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #457 on: February 10, 2014, 09:05:15 pm »
All.

There's a bit more to this. Yes there is a tube strike. But on top of that the civilians within the Met Police (call handlers, logistics etc) are also striking. And on top of that, the flood levels on the River Thames are going to peak Wednesday/Thursday in response to all that rain that fell many miles upstream. These are all genuine facts. Put these together and I can see why people are worried about the safety and security of the match. Annoying as that may be. We'll take a break and hammer them whenever.

Don't ask me who I work for.

In that case I expect the Arsenal game to be called off as well.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: February 10, 2014, 09:05:19 pm »
Fulham would be exhausted too after yesterday.  Even if there is a tube strike they'll have over 24 hours notice, surely time enough to make alternative arrangements to get staff to the ground?  It's a premiership team after all, not some hackney marshes outfit.  I'm sure they could afford to shell out on taxis etc to ensure staff get there.  Supporters after all will be making sure they can attend.

Sounds a load of nonsense to be fair.  West Ham and Arsenal are also at home.  There's nothing about there games potentially being off because of a tube strike.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: February 10, 2014, 09:05:38 pm »
If the FA released a statement now saying that Fulham have had plenty of time to prepare for this strike and threaten them with a 3 point deduction if they don't play the game you can bet your ass they will get the game on. Clear as fucking day that they are trying to pull a fast one here.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: February 10, 2014, 09:05:50 pm »
Yep.

If they forfeit it and the League decide they have then we get a 3-0 and 3 points.

So basically they need to ask us if were ok with it. If we say no then it goes all legal?

Offline JG-7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: February 10, 2014, 09:06:39 pm »

Won't happen, they've played the "health and safety" card. It's a treacherous 20 minute walk for the stewards from the overground station don't you know..

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #462 on: February 10, 2014, 09:06:43 pm »

Yep.

No way The FA would do that.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #463 on: February 10, 2014, 09:06:56 pm »
So basically they need to ask us if were ok with it. If we say no then it goes all legal?

Not sure on that.

Think they approach the League and they have ultimate say. But I can't see how they can allow it if other London games go ahead plus they are bigger grounds.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #464 on: February 10, 2014, 09:08:35 pm »
they're trying it on. The club needs to be aggressive about this. No excuse, especially with Arsenal playing the same day no worries.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #465 on: February 10, 2014, 09:08:45 pm »
Not sure on that.

Think they approach the League and they have ultimate say. But I can't see how they can allow it if other London games go ahead plus they are bigger grounds.

Yep, I think they will see if West Ham goes ahead,

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: February 10, 2014, 09:11:03 pm »
d
This is a big worry, actually. You get prepared mentally for a game, already on a high, and you just want the next game to start. When it doesn't happen, the adrenaline dissipates, and it becomes hard to get back into that state of mind for the next game.

I remember coaching a U18's team a good number of years ago and we were in a cup quarter final, but the game was postponed for rain, to be played the next day. Then it didn't get played that day either, but moved to the following week. We played it, the players were flat because we couldn't recreate the buzz we were on (they'd just beaten their long-time derby rivals for the first time in years before the cup game was due to be played) and lost 4-0. The other team wasn't better than us, but they had momentum, and we lost ours.

It wouldn't surprise me to see a flat performance in the cup if this game is postponed. If the players manage to put in a good intensity against Arsenal, it will be a serious testament to Rodgers' man-management.

Fucking great.

LFC need to fight this. If we get lawyers involved hopefully its not the same ones that represent us over the Suarez case!

Dont understand how Fulham can postpone and yet West Ham's is still scheduled to go ahead.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #467 on: February 10, 2014, 09:11:53 pm »
So is this the only game in London that's going to be 'hit' by the strikes? And if not are they putting out the same statements?

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: February 10, 2014, 09:12:20 pm »
If this match is postponed then this is fucking scandalous. When my mate was telling me I thought he was winding me up. Surely the money already spent by fans the clubs etc. Should force the issue
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Online lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #469 on: February 10, 2014, 09:12:37 pm »
Small time fucking pricks. I hope they get relegated  and Roy hodgson back as manager the soft southern c*nts

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #470 on: February 10, 2014, 09:12:48 pm »
No way The FA would do that.

I wouldn't fucking want them to, it would hit our GD if they did.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: February 10, 2014, 09:12:51 pm »
@ Tony

Overground from Euston to Shepherds Bush

10 minute bus journey from Shephards Bush to Fulham

Max journey time from Euston to Fulham without the tube, even in rush hour is between 60-80 minutes. And the Hammersmith and City line will probably still be running a service anyway.

I get what you mean, but these aren't good enough excuses. You can't grind to a halt because one method of transportation stops in supposedly one of the world's major cities.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 09:14:30 pm by JovaJova »
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline ginnza

• Main Stander
« Reply #472 on: February 10, 2014, 09:15:17 pm »
I'm not so sure it's a bad thing
A full week to recover before we play arsenal again and arsenal have to play a big game midweek,
we could easily play it during a European night .

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: February 10, 2014, 09:15:54 pm »
Surely the money already spent by fans the clubs etc. Should force the issue

Decent men in an indecent time. 
No time for caution.

Offline AFX

• Kopite
« Reply #474 on: February 10, 2014, 09:16:42 pm »
What's the likelyhood of a deal being struck and the strikes being cancelled?
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: February 10, 2014, 09:17:32 pm »
Apparently Fulham are consulting with the police. If they get their recommendation then that would probably get rid of any chance of us getting a walkover.

Offline LFCTikiTaka

• Bedwetter
  • Kopite
« Reply #476 on: February 10, 2014, 09:17:34 pm »
Fulham would be exhausted too after yesterday.  Even if there is a tube strike they'll have over 24 hours notice, surely time enough to make alternative arrangements to get staff to the ground?

The strike was announced January 10th, ample amount of time.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #477 on: February 10, 2014, 09:17:34 pm »
If anyone's interested, it's page 151-152 here:

http://www.premierleague.com/content/dam/premierleague/site-content/News/publications/handbooks/premier-league-handbook-2013-14.pdf

Very grey area, imo. Looks like they AREN'T trying every available avenue to get the game to go ahead, and so a forfeit might be applicable - but someone better versed in legal language and contract law could shed better light. There certainly seems to be enough options on the table to get the game to be played such that if Fulham themselves won't play it, but Liverpool will, then there could be grounds for a forfeiture?
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Penfold78

• Kopite
« Reply #478 on: February 10, 2014, 09:18:15 pm »

Check google earth to see how close Craven Cottage is to the River Thames. Then look at Arsenal and Hammers. You'll see why it might be the only postponement.

Offline JG-7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: February 10, 2014, 09:18:28 pm »
What's the likelyhood of a deal being struck and the strikes being cancelled?

Extremely unlikely.