Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12293518 times)

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #101520 on: May 28, 2020, 07:54:38 pm »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/academy/396957-lfc-announces-appointment-of-new-u23s-and-u18s-coaches

Lewtas goes from u18 to u23 coach. U16s coach promoted to u18s

Congratulations to Barry Lewtas.
I think he is a very good coach, well deserved

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101521 on: May 28, 2020, 07:58:10 pm »
Makes sense having Barry moving up age groups with the lads, hell have coached a lot of them since they were 14 or 15, if not younger.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #101522 on: May 28, 2020, 08:17:39 pm »
Is the 5 subs rule available in every league now until the season ends? I'd thought it was just in Germany, but of course nowhere else is really playing yet.

If we can do that I'd definitely expect Jones and Elliot to get a few minuts.

Was a shame what happened to Glatzel and Brewster, both must have missed at least a year each, annoying at that age when they were gaining momentum in the u23s. Should try and get them some football next season on loan I think.

You know that Brewster is already on loan right?

Personally hoping that Williams and Jones can get more game time than Glatzel or Elliott, those two are really close to being full on squad members and could be valuable next season as well if they develop well.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #101523 on: June 3, 2020, 12:21:35 am »
Full-back, James Norris is the latest youngster to sign his first professional contract. Well done James.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/academy/397702-james-norris-signs-first-professional-contract-with-liverpool-fc
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101524 on: June 4, 2020, 03:21:34 pm »
a couple of our youngsters have signed new contracts

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/academy/397882-remi-savage-signs-first-professional-contract-with-liverpool-fc

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/academy/396866-abdi-sharif-extends-contract-at-liverpool-fc

seems like exciting times for our youth. may they be patient and hopefully play a part for us in the helping win a couple of EPL and CL trophies

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101525 on: June 11, 2020, 04:06:47 pm »
It sounds as Cain and Clarkson did okay in the warm-up game, sounds as though Clarkson created his chance as well as finishing it. It could be a really interesting season(s) for some of these lads if they take the opportunities they get.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101526 on: June 11, 2020, 04:31:21 pm »
cain have flown under the radar a bit. he played vs shrewsbury in the cup as well

what kind of player is he?

seems like we are stacked with youth players making the step up to seniors. Curtis Jones, Elliot, Glatzel, Neco, Larouchi and Hoever are just some names that needs looking out for the future.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101527 on: June 11, 2020, 04:56:42 pm »
cain have flown under the radar a bit. he played vs shrewsbury in the cup as well

what kind of player is he?

seems like we are stacked with youth players making the step up to seniors. Curtis Jones, Elliot, Glatzel, Neco, Larouchi and Hoever are just some names that needs looking out for the future.

He is a very creative midfielder, quick has an eye for goal I really enjoy watching him play.  He is someone who can create out of very little. One of these players who can burst into action and put something on a plate for one of the forwards.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #101528 on: June 12, 2020, 08:50:55 am »
Whatever happened to Ben Woodburn ? A couple of years ago he looked like he had the potential to be a young genius. And now...I genuinely never see his name anywhere near a Liverpool squad. Injured ??

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #101529 on: June 12, 2020, 08:58:39 am »
Whatever happened to Ben Woodburn ? A couple of years ago he looked like he had the potential to be a young genius. And now...I genuinely never see his name anywhere near a Liverpool squad. Injured ??

on loan at Fiorentina  8)

Offline gwalk

• Legacy Fan
  • ní fheicfidh tú ag siúl ina n-aonar
« Reply #101530 on: June 12, 2020, 09:44:58 am »
on loan at Fiorentina  8)

is oxford in florence  :o

:P

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101531 on: June 12, 2020, 09:46:32 am »
Wenr to oxford on loan and broke his foot so missed most the season

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #101532 on: June 12, 2020, 09:49:36 am »
Stagnated a bit, but from what I understand had a positive start to the season at Oxford until his injury.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101533 on: June 12, 2020, 10:51:45 am »

Went to Oxford on loan and did extremely well. Oxford in 3rd before covid 19 but Ben broke his foot but should be back for the play offs.

He's doing well. Don't rule him out yet. He's a lot stronger now and I believe maybe another loan next season(certainly at Oxford if they go up) but he is rated at liverpool.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101534 on: June 12, 2020, 11:27:05 am »
Went to Oxford on loan and did extremely well. Oxford in 3rd before covid 19 but Ben broke his foot but should be back for the play offs.

He's doing well. Don't rule him out yet. He's a lot stronger now and I believe maybe another loan next season(certainly at Oxford if they go up) but he is rated at liverpool.

Has to be said that he missed a big part of the season due to injury, playing only 11 league games, and none since October, if the data I found was correct.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101535 on: June 12, 2020, 03:50:47 pm »
ex red cameron branagan is a mainstay in oxford midfield as well. surely he share a few tips with woodburn on how hard he has to work to make a breakthrough at liverpool.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101536 on: June 12, 2020, 04:00:57 pm »
Chirivella signs for Nantes.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #101537 on: June 12, 2020, 04:24:02 pm »
Good for him. I am interested to see how he develops. Based on what we saw this season, I think he could have made an impact for an impact for several teams within the Premier League.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101538 on: June 12, 2020, 04:25:40 pm »
Did Larouci play yesterday at all?

Offline missis sumner

• Not giving it up for Capon, not even when he understands her yet none of her friends does.....
  • Kopite
  • G'wan, my son
« Reply #101539 on: June 12, 2020, 04:31:41 pm »
Did Larouci play yesterday at all?

Yes.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #101540 on: June 12, 2020, 04:46:01 pm »

I wonder if covid hadn’t happened we might have tried to keep him and cash in on him in a couple of years
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101541 on: June 12, 2020, 05:04:38 pm »
All the best to Pedro he's been a really good signing. He also showed some quality leadership values when leading the younger teams earlier on in the season. Sorry to see him go, but happy he has the chance to make a real go of his career.

Luis Longstaff the latest to signed a new contract with the club.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/academy/398506-luis-longstaff-signs-new-contract-with-liverpool-fc

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101542 on: June 12, 2020, 06:11:49 pm »
I wonder if covid hadn’t happened we might have tried to keep him and cash in on him in a couple of years

We did try to keep him. Offered him a 5 year deal but this was at the start of the year and that was too late. Klopp rated him and wanted him to stay.

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101543 on: June 12, 2020, 06:16:38 pm »
Good for him, well deserved. 23 now and deserves to be playing week in and week out for a club of lesser stature and not in our reserves.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101544 on: June 12, 2020, 07:25:16 pm »
Chirivella off to Nantes.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #101545 on: June 12, 2020, 07:28:37 pm »
Good for him. I am interested to see how he develops. Based on what we saw this season, I think he could have made an impact for an impact for several teams within the Premier League.

Definitely come on loads this season. He’s got a bright future ahead really good player

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101546 on: June 12, 2020, 08:03:11 pm »
Anyone know where Chirivella's off to?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #101547 on: June 12, 2020, 08:09:16 pm »
Anyone know where Chirivella's off to?

Nantes a clue.

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #101548 on: June 13, 2020, 03:26:11 am »
If Wilson isnt the answer (Elliot seems to lack pace), is there another promising winger/forward coming through who has reasonably similar skillset to mane or salah?

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101549 on: June 13, 2020, 09:03:37 am »
If Wilson isnt the answer (Elliot seems to lack pace), is there another promising winger/forward coming through who has reasonably similar skillset to mane or salah?
Not from u18s up. Liam Millar is probably the closest.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101550 on: June 13, 2020, 09:16:16 am »

Longstaff says hello. Signed a new contract yesterday.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/academy/398506-luis-longstaff-signs-new-contract-with-liverpool-fc

However, Wilson and certainly Elliot is the answer. Think Bernardo Silva and you will understand not everyone in a front 3 has to be quick.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101551 on: June 13, 2020, 09:36:33 am »
Elliott has a real chance imo. I think Harry will eventually be sold though.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101552 on: June 13, 2020, 09:45:41 am »

It all depends on what is happening with Shaq for Wilson. Elliott will play some 1st team games, under 23, under 19's and maybe youth cup games. Elliott is a talent and I have high hopes for him.

Wilson will be wanting to be part of the 1st team squad and if Shaq is on his way out then he could be.

If we sold Shaq and Wilson then I would be concerned. Shaq, Wilson and Lallana all leaving wouldn't be good business for me as these players are different and you need these kind of players in your squad because they can produce something out of nothing.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101553 on: June 13, 2020, 09:45:51 am »
Yes.

Ah, I just saw Klopp's quote. Sounds as if we plan to give Williams and Larouci the back-up berths, providing they continue on their current trajectories.

“Yasser [Larouci], too, he looked really good – so that was good and very important for us.”

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101554 on: June 13, 2020, 09:57:45 am »

He won’t be sold next season since we aren’t interested in going into the market, Wilson is a better player than Elliot right now I think he will get a decent amount of games next season.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #101555 on: June 13, 2020, 10:18:09 am »
It’ll be interesting to see what sort of interest there is in Wilson in the summer (well...autumn). If we do get any decent offers he may well leave but it might be the case that he ends up out on loan again next season whilst everything settles down and then leaves summer ‘21.

You’d think Elliott and Jones will be in and around the first team squad next season, probably Neco Williams and Larouci too.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101556 on: June 13, 2020, 10:20:25 am »
He won’t be sold next season since we aren’t interested in going into the market, Wilson is a better player than Elliot right now I think he will get a decent amount of games next season.

I tend to agree for a number of reasons.

Doubt due to the Covid we will get the price we want for Wilson now.
When you look back at this season even though we won the PL(soon), Super Cup, World Club Cup in the League and FA cup we did well all considering but we still need that extra quality of experience players and Wilson is experienced now.
Losing Lallana and maybe Shaq makes no sense to lose Wilson as well.
Look like we will be quite in the transfer market and will need all the players of quality we can use.

I feel if Wilson stays with better players around him he will be a decent asset.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101557 on: June 13, 2020, 11:48:19 am »
It’ll be interesting to see what sort of interest there is in Wilson in the summer (well...autumn). If we do get any decent offers he may well leave but it might be the case that he ends up out on loan again next season whilst everything settles down and then leaves summer ‘21.

You’d think Elliott and Jones will be in and around the first team squad next season, probably Neco Williams and Larouci too.

If we don’t sign anyone I don’t think Wilson is going out on loan, Curtis Jones is a midfielder, Elliot is a big talent but none of the two have done anything in their careers to assert they are better wide players than Wilson, which is where most of their games will come.

Shaqiri is more likely to leave which means I hardly see us relying on a 17 year old wide forward who actually has some of the same limitations as Wilson, when we’ve got one who’s had three seasons at Championship and PL level.

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101558 on: June 13, 2020, 11:51:38 am »
I tend to agree for a number of reasons.

Doubt due to the Covid we will get the price we want for Wilson now.
When you look back at this season even though we won the PL(soon), Super Cup, World Club Cup in the League and FA cup we did well all considering but we still need that extra quality of experience players and Wilson is experienced now.
Losing Lallana and maybe Shaq makes no sense to lose Wilson as well.
Look like we will be quite in the transfer market and will need all the players of quality we can use.

I feel if Wilson stays with better players around him he will be a decent asset.

Yep if we don’t get a top class young wide forward which I want us to, then Wilson is the obvious back up wide forward, 2 great seasons at CL, and a decent one at PL is more than we can say for any other wide player  on our books apart from Shaqiri.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101559 on: June 13, 2020, 12:08:02 pm »
Elliott and Jones have each played more senior football for us than shaqiri this season. Replacing Shaqiri in this squad means nothing.

People are getting too hung up in replacing mane/salah like for like. That's not really how football works. Coaches will adapt to the skillsets of their players.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 12:12:08 pm by Chris~ »