Author Topic: Unpopular Opinions  (Read 131321 times)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Unpopular Opinions
« Reply #2200 on: April 6, 2023, 03:00:40 pm »
I've always thought if I was player, at the end of the game I'd walk right up to the person holding the sign, nothing but eye contact.. then hand my shirt to the person sat behind them.

It's the entitlement I don't like. I deserve your shirt more than anyone else because I made a sign. Or more likely, my dad told me to make a sign.

I sit near the front of the KOP and almost every game there is a pushy parent ushering his son reluctantly carrying some crap message scrawled on back of a corn flakes box to the barrier to beg for a shirt.

Said parent gets all arsey when the steward tells him to fuck of back to his seat

"Darwin, I love you more than my dad".  Massive Cringe.

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2201 on: April 6, 2023, 03:19:05 pm »
I sit near the front of the KOP and almost every game there is a pushy parent ushering his son reluctantly carrying some crap message scrawled on back of a corn flakes box to the barrier to beg for a shirt.

Said parent gets all arsey when the steward tells him to fuck of back to his seat

Imagine taking said crap sign into the upper main stand. Do they think the players will throw a shirt up into the gods or a steward has a pile of them to hand out.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2202 on: April 6, 2023, 03:39:14 pm »

Dunno, sounds like the kid is pretty sharp, really...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #2203 on: April 6, 2023, 03:50:55 pm »
Everton are fighting hard to avoid relegation and may succeed.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2204 on: April 7, 2023, 02:36:23 pm »
Irish people are annoying as fuck.

All of us? Surely you haven't met all 7 million of us?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #2205 on: April 7, 2023, 02:53:07 pm »
It's been quite difficult to be honest. Started with forcing myself to stop watching Liverpool games live, had stopped watching other games long ago. I was still watching Liverpool on MOTD, but only if we won and fast forwarding through other games (watching on iplayer). Eventually I managed to stop looking at BBC sport football page and not looking at the football forums on here.

The moment I realised I'd lost interest was when I saw the 7-0 vs Man Utd result (didn't watch the game) and wasn't that bothered.

It's hard to completely ignore as even the BBC news home page has football articles.

One thing I found that surprised me is that my mates who follow football can get quite angry when I tell them I've given up.

I found it surprisingly easy, like you I saw the 7-0 Utd win, not too fussed, losing at City, not arsed, but I gave up long ago, so we'll used to it now, the emotions have all but gone.

I just check here for our results or the tables on Text page 324 and try work out how we got on!

The last 2 lines of your post are the same for me, my older brother and my (decent) Man Utd fan mate in particular can't get their heads around it.

They are genuinely concerned and worried about how I fill all that free time in!

Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #2206 on: April 7, 2023, 02:59:06 pm »
Minder wasn’t very good

With Terry and Ray...thought the Ray Daley episodes where ok. Not fussed on the the Terry McCann shows.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2207 on: April 7, 2023, 03:37:35 pm »
Elementary was a great TV detective show.  good, inventive storylines, good consistent acting, almost no "time filler" content (eg car/foot chases, the childish "happy talk" dialogue you get on almost all of today's shows).

Shame some ppl couldn't get over the NY setting and (gasp!) casting a woman in the Watson role.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2208 on: April 7, 2023, 04:29:37 pm »
Everton going down is not good for anyone that likes Liverpool and the city
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2209 on: April 7, 2023, 04:30:57 pm »

You what? Have you seen the derbies lately? Of course it's a good thing.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2210 on: April 7, 2023, 04:35:05 pm »
You what? Have you seen the derbies lately? Of course it's a good thing.

All my mates in liverpool - even got a discount from lime street to anfield - only 50 quid -  are blue taxi drivers and i feel for them..
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #2211 on: April 7, 2023, 04:38:19 pm »
I genuinely believe it would be good for Everton and good for the city.

The derby is poison now, so its loss won't be mourned. Everton would get the chance to reset and stop measuring everything against their European giant neighbours. They would get to visit towns and cities not seen for a long time and away fanbases in that division will also enjoy visiting Liverpool for a game. Games would be more of a battle down there too, and they'd relish that. It should also force them to rein in their absurd spending and become more sustainable as a result.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2212 on: April 7, 2023, 04:43:22 pm »
All my mates in liverpool - even got a discount from lime street to anfield - only 50 quid -  are blue taxi drivers and i feel for them..
;D

I remember destroying a bitter blue taxi driver who took us back to Sefton Park after we trounced Roma 5-2 at Anfield. He was going on about pacts with the Devil and all sorts of conspiracy theories.  :lmao  Honestly, he was stewing in his seat like a pan of Scouse on a high jet. I still gave him a tip though. I felt really sorry for him. Close to an aneurysm over good old LFC.  :lmao
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2213 on: April 7, 2023, 05:12:52 pm »
if the attitude toward LFC we see from Everton players and fans was coming from any other club in the league - the on-field thuggery, the vile chants, the applauding injuries and red cards their men get - every single person who supports LFC would want them gone. 

the fact they are based in the same city makes things worse, not better ffs.

I don't give a shit what it would do to "the good ones".  and I have relatives who are good Blues.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2214 on: April 7, 2023, 05:15:57 pm »
I genuinely believe it would be good for Everton and good for the city.

The derby is poison now, so its loss won't be mourned. Everton would get the chance to reset and stop measuring everything against their European giant neighbours. They would get to visit towns and cities not seen for a long time and away fanbases in that division will also enjoy visiting Liverpool for a game. Games would be more of a battle down there too, and they'd relish that. It should also force them to rein in their absurd spending and become more sustainable as a result.

Good points that ! We got a team in Norway - Brann Bergen (consistent underachievers; where Robble scored a fantastic goals in the 90's and the away supporters didnt have to pay for a drink the whole stay). they had some awful seasons, but was relegated two seasons ago.. Last year they must have had their best season for 20-30 years - moving into small towns with a large following; crashing most teams and got promoted.. What do set them aside from Everton though is that they are eternal optimist/followers and blame no-one apart from themselves..

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2215 on: April 7, 2023, 05:21:26 pm »
;D

I remember destroying a bitter blue taxi driver who took us back to Sefton Park after we trounced Roma 5-2 at Anfield. He was going on about pacts with the Devil and all sorts of conspiracy theories.  :lmao  Honestly, he was stewing in his seat like a pan of Scouse on a high jet. I still gave him a tip though. I felt really sorry for him. Close to an aneurysm over good old LFC.  :lmao

They are mostly ok though ! Last time; I had the luxury of a cab driver telling me about the new stadium of Everton. I told him it was my first visit etc, and what a wonderful new stadium it would be (was to kind to mention the smell etc), but growing up in the 80's I still got a small kind spot for that club (when all the shit was thrown at the english and the clubs etc - and that team with Graeme Sharp was pretty decent)

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2216 on: April 7, 2023, 05:46:42 pm »

I'm not at the stage you two are, but I've lost interest in football overall outside of Liverpool.

It's the fans of other clubs that get me the most. Especially their either support for or ambivalence toward the sportwashing projects, coupled with their hating of Liverpool. I'm not a kid with a rose-tinted naivete. I'm 51 and got to enjoy growing up when we were the dominant team for years. But now against the sportwashers, the financial behemoth of Man U and the spend-crazy Chelsea (under both the Russian crook and Boehly), we're a comparative underdog. Yet the hate from fans of other clubs, and especially the glee when we fail, is beyond me. The same people would have been cheering on Leicester's PL win. The 'tragedy chanting'. Just fucking horrible to either celebrate or weaponise people dying at football grounds. Course, it's always seemed to be fair game for most commentators/pundits/journos, which brings me onto...

The pundits & commentators with obvious agendas that they're allowed to propagate constantly. When it was mainly Hansen, Lineker and Lawrenson, there wasn't any pro- or anti-club bias displayed. Even when Shearer started, he was pretty balanced. But some don't even try to hide their hatred for certain clubs (eg Liverpool) and steer well clear of mentioning the financial doping by the oil cheat sportwashers.

then we have FIFA. A bunch of corrupt crooks. Constantly trying to increase international football at the expense of club football. If anyone raises concerns about player welfare, their response is basically that there should be less club football played. FIFA don't pay players, don't develop players. They just want to be parasites sucking blood from club football.

I could go on and on, but it's all be said before. Football is a stinking, rotting husk of what it used to be.
Couldn't agree more - spot on on all counts. Have very little interest in wider football these days, just LFC

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2217 on: April 7, 2023, 05:57:05 pm »
All of us? Surely you haven't met all 7 million of us?

Andy's met every single American, so, maybe...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2218 on: April 7, 2023, 07:27:16 pm »

I found it surprisingly easy, like you I saw the 7-0 Utd win, not too fussed, losing at City, not arsed, but I gave up long ago, so we'll used to it now, the emotions have all but gone.

I just check here for our results or the tables on Text page 324 and try work out how we got on!

The last 2 lines of your post are the same for me, my older brother and my (decent) Man Utd fan mate in particular can't get their heads around it.

They are genuinely concerned and worried about how I fill all that free time in!

I suppose what I'm getting at is if I was to quit having an interest in football wouldn't that mean quitting LFC too? I don't know if I can or want to quit my association with Liverpool. Would it not be very difficult to separate the two?
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2219 on: April 7, 2023, 07:31:16 pm »
Elementary was a great TV detective show.  good, inventive storylines, good consistent acting, almost no "time filler" content (eg car/foot chases, the childish "happy talk" dialogue you get on almost all of today's shows).

Shame some ppl couldn't get over the NY setting and (gasp!) casting a woman in the Watson role.
Huge fan of of elementary, rewatching it’s on Hulu at the moment! Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu are a great double act.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2220 on: April 7, 2023, 07:48:28 pm »
Huge fan of of elementary, rewatching it’s on Hulu at the moment! Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu are a great double act.
they are excellent together.

I think I've seen every episode at least once - some several times.  I've tried getting into other recent new shows and find none of them compare - eg last night I watched a recent "East New York" and it was bloody laughable.  must employ 13-year-olds as writers.

Offline mikeb58

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #2221 on: April 7, 2023, 08:58:07 pm »
I suppose what I'm getting at is if I was to quit having an interest in football wouldn't that mean quitting LFC too? I don't know if I can or want to quit my association with Liverpool. Would it not be very difficult to separate the two?

One thing led to the other for me...I fucked everything else us bar us, but then slowly that inc us. Just couldn't be arsed with the state of the game on and off the pitch, VAR, shite pundits, thick humourless opposition fans, cheating players etc etc.

I've supported us since 1965 and still check how we get on but that's about all.

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2222 on: April 9, 2023, 11:26:10 pm »

Couldn’t agree more mate.

Fantastic storylines, great cast and loved the twists on the original material (female Watson and Moriati being two of the best).

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #2223 on: April 10, 2023, 01:18:04 am »

One thing I found that surprised me is that my mates who follow football can get quite angry when I tell them I've given up.

That's the same as telling the group , tribe or whatever it's called that you don't want to go out for a pint or something . The reaction will always be the same from the group .. The nail that stands out an ' all that  .
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2224 on: April 10, 2023, 09:58:14 am »
That's the same as telling the group , tribe or whatever it's called that you don't want to go out for a pint or something . The reaction will always be the same from the group .. The nail that stands out an ' all that  .
It's the feeling of rejection, isn't it? The group always feels better when it can suck you back in. Try telling your circle that you're going on a healthy eating plan, giving up alcohol etc. They then try to ply you with pizza and beer until you conform again.

The group always feels uneasy, even if only subconsciously, when a member of it decides to stand outside its usual collective thinking and behaviour. It feels somehow rejected and can react in various ways. Anger, ridicule, aggression etc, often passive rather than overt too. Dressed up as 'banter'.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2225 on: April 10, 2023, 10:02:04 am »

Agreed. I enjoyed it as did the Mrs.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #2226 on: April 10, 2023, 11:46:29 am »
It's the feeling of rejection, isn't it? The group always feels better when it can suck you back in. Try telling your circle that you're going on a healthy eating plan, giving up alcohol etc. They then try to ply you with pizza and beer until you conform again.

The group always feels uneasy, even if only subconsciously, when a member of it decides to stand outside its usual collective thinking and behaviour. It feels somehow rejected and can react in various ways. Anger, ridicule, aggression etc, often passive rather than overt too. Dressed up as 'banter'.

'subtle' coercion
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #2227 on: June 26, 2023, 09:07:07 pm »
The Queens of the Stone Age are so musically bland and uninteresting that it confuses people into thinking they're inventive and original

When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2228 on: July 4, 2023, 10:47:58 am »
The Queens of the Stone Age are so musically bland and uninteresting that it confuses people into thinking they're inventive and original

This

Love it
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #2229 on: July 4, 2023, 11:37:02 am »
i thought the tv series shameless was crap
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2230 on: July 4, 2023, 12:53:09 pm »
i thought the tv series shameless was crap
You were right.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2231 on: July 4, 2023, 01:03:40 pm »
Hot Dog Eating Contests are an abomination that should be against the law.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #2232 on: July 4, 2023, 01:05:58 pm »
Didn’t they (maybe still do) get shown live on ESPN too? :lmao
AHA!

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2233 on: July 4, 2023, 01:14:50 pm »
Didn’t they (maybe still do) get shown live on ESPN too? :lmao
I think so. 

there's nothing more interesting/entertaining to watch than a stage lined with guys all stuffing crap into their gobs as fast as they can while not vomiting while being cheered on by .... god knows who or why.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #2234 on: July 4, 2023, 01:27:24 pm »
I think so. 

there's nothing more interesting/entertaining to watch than a stage lined with guys all stuffing crap into their gobs as fast as they can while not vomiting while being cheered on by .... god knows who or why.

If I hadn't seen the previous posts I'd have assumed this was Bake Off or the like
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2235 on: July 4, 2023, 01:32:39 pm »

If I hadn't seen the previous posts I'd have assumed this was Bake Off or the like
if you've never seen one of these, you're a lucky person.

it's a big July 4th thing in the US.  the "top guy" (named Chestnut) last year  stuffed 76 (yes 76) into his gob and swallowed them in the 10 minutes allowed, and wants to beat that record today.

https://www.espn.com/sportsnation/story/_/id/37940564/joey-chestnut-nathan-hot-dog-dominance
The 10 highest totals in the event belong to Chestnut, and his 76 hot dogs eaten in 2021 is the record. Chestnut has eaten more than 70 dogs and buns six times. But he doesn't just devour hot dogs, he has the Major League Eating record in 54 different categories, including chicken wings (182 in 30 minutes), hard-boiled eggs (141 in 8 minutes), grilled cheese sandwiches (47 in 10 minutes) and Twinkies (121 in 6 minutes).

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2236 on: July 4, 2023, 01:38:44 pm »

You sir, are off your head

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2237 on: July 4, 2023, 03:53:21 pm »
if you've never seen one of these, you're a lucky person.

it's a big July 4th thing in the US.  the "top guy" (named Chestnut) last year  stuffed 76 (yes 76) into his gob and swallowed them in the 10 minutes allowed, and wants to beat that record today.

https://www.espn.com/sportsnation/story/_/id/37940564/joey-chestnut-nathan-hot-dog-dominance
The 10 highest totals in the event belong to Chestnut, and his 76 hot dogs eaten in 2021 is the record. Chestnut has eaten more than 70 dogs and buns six times. But he doesn't just devour hot dogs, he has the Major League Eating record in 54 different categories, including chicken wings (182 in 30 minutes), hard-boiled eggs (141 in 8 minutes), grilled cheese sandwiches (47 in 10 minutes) and Twinkies (121 in 6 minutes).

Just seen a bit on a local news channel about it.I guess his main competitor is from round these parts.Nothing say AMERICA more than stuffing ya face,and blowing up stuff.Happy 4th y'all!

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2238 on: July 4, 2023, 05:31:08 pm »
Hot Dog Eating Contests are an abomination that should be against the law.

I heard you lived shoving weeners down your throat?

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2239 on: July 4, 2023, 05:51:24 pm »
I heard you lived shoving weeners down your throat?
😲